With an upcoming release of the drama, here is a thread to compare the drama and novel.

https://twitter.com/dilireba_/status/1503946993017978881?s=21

just based on the relationship chart there's seem to be significant changes from the novel TT

Sakinah Ramli:

https://twitter.com/dilireba_/status/1503946993017978881?s=21

just based on the relationship chart there's seem to be significant changes from the novel TT

Lol they really made Haoqing have a one sided crush on Yun He. If anything in the novel, he obviously loves her only like a sister.

Let’s hope the changes are for the better. I just hope the princess is written better in the drama and the final arc also has better writing than the novel did since I found the novel a bit weak towards the end (overall I liked the novel).

pinksprings01:

Lol they really made Haoqing have a one sided crush on Yun He. If anything in the novel, he obviously loves her only like a sister.

right??? i just cant see how they'd make yunhe's and haoqing's relationship toxic if he liked her bcs in the first half of the novel, their relationship, in a lack of a better word, is bitter.

and they made jinsang yunhe's demon too. also qing ji as yunhe's long lost friend?? i feel like they're gonna go into the reincarnation route...

the final arc for me was a bit short too, i hope that they'd make it more epic i guess. it felt a bit rushed imo in the last two chapters

Sakinah Ramli:

right??? i just cant see how they'd make yunhe's and haoqing's relationship toxic if he liked her bcs in the first half of the novel, their relationship, in a lack of a better word, is bitter.

and they made jinsang yunhe's demon too. also qing ji as yunhe's long lost friend?? i feel like they're gonna go into the reincarnation route...

I think they made Jinsang a demon instead of (dead) demon master to give her interactions with other characters since I remember only Yun He was able to see Jinsang (correct me if I’m wrong, it’s been a while since I read the novel).

pinksprings01:

I think they made Jinsang a demon instead of (dead) demon master to give her interactions with other characters since I remember only Yun He was able to see Jinsang (correct me if I’m wrong, it’s been a while since I read the novel).

jinsang wasn't dead (she became invisible after being swallowed by a monster but only sanyue/snow march and yunhe knows that she's alive in the first half and she only jnteracted with them, most if the time invisible) and when she wasn't invisible, she was out of the valley bcs yunhe wants her to get the freedom the other demon master didnt get as they thought she was dead. i guess i understand the reason they made her yunhe's demon as they want her to interact with other characters more. but that brough another question to me, how then will she meet with the monk? especially since in the novel they met while she went out to travel and she was with him for most of the novel.

Sakinah Ramli:

jinsang wasn't dead (she became invisible after being swallowed by a monster but only sanyue/snow march and yunhe knows that she's alive in the first half and she only jnteracted with them, most if the time invisible) and when she wasn't invisible, she was out of the valley bcs yunhe wants her to get the freedom the other demon master didnt get as they thought she was dead. i guess i understand the reason they made her yunhe's demon as they want her to interact with other characters more. but that brough another question to me, how then will she meet with the monk? especially since in the novel they met while she went out to travel and she was with him for most of the novel.

Thank you for the detailed reply. I wonder if she’ll be released from being Yun He’s demon (Yun He will release her to keep her safe?) especially during Yun He’s long imprisonment. 

Can someone reveal the ending for me, in the novel, is this a happy or sad ending? I don't want to get into this like Mirror of Twin cities if it's going to be that kind of ending again in the drama.

KiKo Tsukino:

Can someone reveal the ending for me, in the novel, is this a happy or sad ending? I don't want to get into this like Mirror of Twin cities if it's going to be that kind of ending again in the drama.

Happy ending

pinksprings01:

Happy ending

OK, that's good to know, thanks! Now I can watch it without fear of it being a sad ending

Oh! I'm so surprised that Chang Yi gave his jiao zhu so early on in the drama...I thought that was the source of his power (in the book). Is this no longer the case?

sanetaaa:

Oh! I'm so surprised that Chang Yi gave his jiao zhu so early on in the drama...I thought that was the source of his power (in the book). Is this no longer the case?

Looks like they are mixing things up a bit, I was surprised he gave it that early too. I wonder how things will play out later now

I watched the drama and loved it. But I mostly only watched the scene of the Main Couple, the rest of the story seems boring.  The chemistry of the two main actors are really nice. After watching the series a few times., I decided to read the novel. 

The novel is very different from the drama, it was less boring.  Changyi acted so differently in the drama and the novel.  Ren Len as dorky Changyi is really cute and I love it since it really shows how innocent and pure Changyi is.

But the Changyi in the novel makes more sense.  And the story makes more sense.

I hate that her captivity took so long and I wish there are more scenes for the main couple. It felt like the ending was rushed.  Suddenly she was fine with him.

Anyway I love both the novel and the drama. If I am tonrate, I will rate the drama 8/10 and give 9/10 to the novel