One of my korean friend said that, there are few points which netizen felt after some time1) SHK is really questioned…
Okay, maybe the way he announced it might not be the most ideal but I don’t get why he’s still getting hate for it now after more than 5 years. I’m just tired of his ex fans blabbing over it agin and again. And it’s also been used to accuse him of not making her aware about the divorce prior to announcement. Who knows whether she knew if they are getting divorced or not when he made the announcement? For all we know they could have talked about it and he was just the one who announced it. I’m just tired of people cancelling him over this. Yes she suffered, but he also did, he got the backlash more internationally even until now. Even his poor wife did not get safe from this backlash, people calling her the reason they got divorced anong other accusations when some Italians who liked her work can profess she was in Italy when all these happened. The only thing that was true during their divorce was the announcement, nothing else was confirmed (affairs from either side or rumors of him not telling her). So I don’t see why someone like him deserve to get more criticism. Sorry maybe I’m getting a bit sensitive but I’m just tired of the internet treating him the same way they do treat rapists/gaslighters who still work. I don’t want this subject repeated here all over again. Do it on a separate page not on a page where we want to show support to SJk and his acting career. If you’re gonna talk about the divorce here all over again, in a way that mightget him hate again I’m gonna have to block you even if you made some valid points. I just want my peace of mind celebrating his work. I say let’s just moved on from this. He seems happy and she seems happy too, who knows maybe she has a partner already which she’s just not announcing because of her trauma from public breakups from 3 celebrities in the past.
She’s a really good and versatile actress though, it’s some of her dramas scripts that are the problem. Whether…
I don’t really know to be honest, have only seen him in Castaway Diva due to Park Eun Bin (an actress I used to always see as the teen versions of some characters in historical dramas). It’s also where I first knew about him. He did quite good there. I checked his biography so far I think the projects he’s been in are the ones I saw being talked about in kdramaland, (Hot Stove League, Nevertheless) though I haven’t seen them. And So Hyun has more awards than him. I am a long time kdrama fan like you too, in the same page as you that is being confused by the comment. Though I think they are basing it on the fact that So Hyun’s recent projects are not big hits. I forgot to mention though that she only took a few projects since 2020.
Can’t believe someone has the courage to say the male lead of her latest upcomingdrama will carry Sohyun on his back just because her post 2020 projects are not super well received. Sohyun has been well known and have fans who loved her for many years even before the male lead debuted, the low ratings of some of her recent projects is not her fault. I like the male lead’s acting, but his fans should be humble. As an actor stays longer in the industry, most of them will experience some failed projects and that should not demean them
Can’t believe someone has the courage to say the male lead will carry Sohyun on his back. Sohyun has been well known and have fans who loved her for many years even before the male lead debuted, the low ratings of some of her recent projects is not her fault. I like the male lead’s acting in Castaway Diva, but his fans should be humble. As an actor stays longer in the industry, most of them will experience some failed projects and that should not demean them. It just doesn’t make sense to say she’s a less worthy leading lady here just because her recent projects were not well received (even though she was actually nominated for River Where the Moon Rises).
dont come at me if u r a fan of So Hyun , but i personaaalllly think Jong Hyeop should v been given a better female…
She’s a really good and versatile actress though, it’s some of her dramas scripts that are the problem. Whether this drama is successful or not, be guaranteed she’ll do a good job. (Plus if this dramas has bad script, isn’t it his fault as well as her for picking this project?) River Where the Moon Rises for example is a drama that is not well received (though I think the drama is quite good) but she even got a nomination from the prestigious baeksang awards. Being trendy and buzzy depends on luck anyway. Look at Park Eun Bin, she’s very successful now but she has been an actress since she was little (love her when she acts as the young version of many characters of the historical dramas she did as a teen) she has always been talented but it’s only the recent years the international audience noticed her. Some trendy and buzzy actors and actresses are not deserving anyway in my opinion. Anyway, I’m sure Sohyun was considered first before him as she’s been getting awards long even before he debuted, if he decided to act in this even if she’s here, you should trust his judgment. I like Jonghyeop compared to many actors around his age that debuted less than 10 years ago, but I hope his fans are humble. Most actors will experience a few bad projects in their career (or at least the project is not popular/well received) but that should not demean an actor’s value. If you’ve like an actor that has been in the industry for more than 10 years, you’ll surely understand that. An example would be Kim Ji Won from the recently very buzzy drama Queen of Tears. Prior to Queen of Tears/Liberation Notes 2 years ago, she had a similar situation to Sohyun in that they were both good actresses that were not in popular projects in the recent years (Jiwon being from 2018-2022 not having super highly received projects despite her good acting in them).
I don't like this drama even though all the actors are good. Why? Because the protagonist couldn't beat the antagonist…
This is not the last part of the drama, so obviously the antagonist can’t be beaten here. This is only the end of season 1. But the protagonist did beat the antagonist in season 2. Check out Arthdal Chronicles: Sword of Aramun for the next part and season. Note that there are significant cast changes there. The reason is that it took 2-3 years to confirm season 2 and the lead actors can’t always wait for this drama so they had to accept other drama offers. They were already commited to filming other dramas when season 2 was confirmed.
The only thing that was true during their divorce was the announcement, nothing else was confirmed (affairs from either side or rumors of him not telling her). So I don’t see why someone like him deserve to get more criticism.
Sorry maybe I’m getting a bit sensitive but I’m just tired of the internet treating him the same way they do treat rapists/gaslighters who still work.
I don’t want this subject repeated here all over again. Do it on a separate page not on a page where we want to show support to SJk and his acting career. If you’re gonna talk about the divorce here all over again, in a way that mightget him hate again I’m gonna have to block you even if you made some valid points. I just want my peace of mind celebrating his work.
I say let’s just moved on from this. He seems happy and she seems happy too, who knows maybe she has a partner already which she’s just not announcing because of her trauma from public breakups from 3 celebrities in the past.