• Join Date: June 10, 2019

Maisha Rahman

Maisha Rahman

Hua Jai Sila
I just want to say that if you are looking for really good chemistry between the leads and a lot of wrist grabbing, my friends this drama is it.

While the storyline itself is not so unique or complex as it is a typical revenge plot drama, the chemistry and acting between the characters make it really great. The romance in this story is what kept me watching this show in one sitting.

The chemistry between the two leads Sila (P'Tor) and Mingtra are intense and sensual every single time when they meet. While Sila is that typical cold guy being mean to everyone, he is sweet to Min as he always teases and finds a way to kiss her (which he mostly ends up getting a slap from her lol). What I want to mention is the dedication and loyalty he has towards Mingtra is what captures your heart instantly. Even though he owns a prostitute night club and comes off as a player type, his eyes are only set for her. As he has a revenge plan set in place, he cannot reveal his true identity as P'Tor and hence keeps on denying his identity to Min even though she knows in her heart it's him. This can cause him to be blunt and intimidating towards her, however, his attitude to her is never once abusive.

Now on to Mingtra. While she is the typical miss goody two shoes, what I loved about her character is that she was always assertive and making the best of her current situation while dealing with hardships. Her belief in Sila really being P'Tor is unwavering and she always stands her ground to Sila, always challenging on his true identity and whether his quest for revenge is truly necessary. In addition, she is headstrong and plays a huge support system for Sila. She is an example of how you can be nice and intelligent without being foolishly naive as this is a typical trait of many "good girls". She is very much admirable and as I said before, she stands her ground. She makes her own choices and is not that typical needy FL (its rather the other way around)!

Sila and Mingtra together, have a solid understanding towards one another and never once do their feelings towards each other falter. If you guys are into slow romances, this drama is it. Although Sila is pretty much in love with Mingtra the minute he recognizes her, it does take time for Mingtra to admit her feelings for Sila. Mingtra is shy about intimate contact, something that Sila does a lot to her, hence why he teases her alot. But that's what makes their interactions cute. The ML's facial expressions in reaction to her are priceless.

Watch this show guys! The plot's good and the romance is even better!!! There are no bs love triangles in this show. The main leads are loyal, and consistent to one another and their bond is truly heart warming. I would say their romance is comparable to that of the lead couple in Healer (also another similar, really good show).

Tra Barb See Chompoo
So when I first saw a clip of this show on youtube, I instantly was attracted to the male lead. The actor does a fine job of portraying the ML and dare I say, he is very interesting. What makes him interesting is that he shows vulnerability and pain and weakness. The actor makes every emotion believable and when you see the ML in pain, you can feel it.

However, no matter how much I loved the actor. I hated his character. The ML is a selfish, manchild who berates others. He is emotionally abusive to the FL who btw does so much and goes out of the way to make him happy. One moment says he loves her, the next he betrays her. And having to watch this poor girl go through so much pain to get this guy made me sad. If anything, it is sad that the relationship portrayed here in the show is a reflection of what goes on in abusive relationships.

I would have loved it if the ML redeemed himself in some sort of way, however, he never goes through a believable process for the viewer to be truly satisfied at the fact that he does end up with the FL at the end.

The FL herself is independent, rational, and had so much potential to be better. Rather than the drama portraying the FL moving on from the ML and encouraging individual growth, she slowly destroys herself in the name of love for a boy who doesn't deserve her.

All in all, this show will make you feel angst. A whole bunch. The chemistry between the leads are incredible. You can feel their pain. You can feel the hatred and love the ML has for the FL, however, his hatred takes over his love for her. Sadly, its nothing, but an abusive, manipulative relationship. The side characters are all one dimensional. You have the jealous best friend who wants the ML all to herself and plots to get rid of the main FL, you have the guy best friend who has a crush on the jealous best friend, and then you have the neutral friends that wanna help keep the friend circle together. I was severely disappointed in watching this drama, and if you guys like angst then this drama is it. There is a lot of wrist grabbing, but if you are looking for a satisfying lovey-dovey, healthy couple, this drama might not be for you.