• Location: San Jose, CA

San Jose, CA

LilMeggs

San Jose, CA
Before We Get Married
Without a fail, when I want to pick up a Taiwanese drama, I know for a fact that anything Puff Guo is in will be perfection. It was completely different than any other drama I had watched in the past and (according to mydramalist online) this is Puff's and Jasper's highest rated drama for great reason. This drama is tied for first place in my heart with my first Taiwanese drama and the first time I had ever encountered Puff, Just You (2013). I've been waiting for her to act in a drama that was more recent (compared to 2013 & 2014) and she did not disappoint. It was amazing seeing her in another drama with Jasper Liu as I loved their chemistry in their first, but I wanted to see them in something more mature as I thought Jasper's character was sweet...but goofy in an unattractive way (to me) while Puff needed to take the stick out of her butt even at the end. I honestly thought this drama, based on all the clips that were posted on my instagram feed, was going to be this story about these two people who were engaged and met, and fell in love behind their partners' backs. Oh yeah and that this was going to be some kind of 50 shades of grey fan fic because it seemed like there was going to be a lot of sex. And I am SUPER HAPPY that this drama was NO WHERE near what I thought. I was scared that I was going to hate it because regardless if you are the main characters and are meant to be together, I cannot condone cheating. Instead, it is about Puff who is in this 3 year secret relationship with her coworker who basically tells her how to live her life, but she is blind to it all because she is in love and doesn't know anything else. Jasper, on the other hand, is in this loveless 10 year relationship (one sided love) where we numbs himself by drinking and and sleeping around. One day they meet each other by chance and Jasper (yes I realize that I've been calling them by their real names, and not by there characters names, but I am already this far so) is immediately intrigued by her and wants to pursue her after her many rejections. We get to follow this odd yet interesting relationship between the two of them; Jasper (Kehuan) teaching Puff (Wei Wei) that she should be treated as an equal in her relationship, while Wei Wei teaching Kehuan to be a strong and courageous person instead of hiding behind alcohol and women. It was interesting and frustrating seeing the back and forth with their characters as I felt like there was never a time until the very end that they were truly friends and able to breath, but when you have Hao Yi and Zi Yuan as partners/exs, you will never get to breath and be happy. Gosh, they were both nightmares. I did love the character development with each character as well as being able to read every emotion on both Wei Wei and Kehaun's faces. It added a sensual touch to the drama, where they didn't have to say anything to know how the other was feeling. Overall, amazing drama, def will rewatch it! I do think that everything timed out perfectly, no matter how much I wanted the two mains to get together...but I appreciate the timing of everything as it seemed 100% realistic and it made both characters come off as genuine human beings who had nothing but love for one another, even after the crazy first episodes of Kehaun being a creepy pervert.

The Brightest Star in the Sky
Jun 25, 2019
I decided that I really wanted to watch this not only because it was one of the most highly anticipated chinese dramas of 2019, but because of the actors/actresses. I really wanted to see ZTao (Boxu) in a drama because I was very curious to see if he could act and if he could sing and to be honest, I enjoyed every second of his character. I loved watching his growth from this misunderstood c-pop star who hid behind his popularity to this soft and funny man who would give up his one and only dream to be a popular c-pop star to save the love of his life. Even before he realized that his character was in love with Zhen Zhen, you started to see a shift in his demeanor the way he talked to her as well as everyone else. That was one of the things I loved about this drama was the chemistry that ZTao and Janice Wu had with one another. I loved their back and forth banter that was 100% flirting, but both didn't realize it. Maybe they both noticed it, but didn't say anything. Who knows. Their relationship seemed extremely comfortable and natural, which made me ship them from the beginning. Sorry Yu Zi Rui. Which brings me to my next actor - Niu Jun Feng who placed Yu Zi Rui. I think it was the second drama I had every watched when I started watching dramas back in November-ish of 2018. Love 020 was the drama where I found out that I LOVED dramas and found my first drama crush. It was also the first drama where I fell in love with the entire cast including the minor major characters. Niu Jun Feng played one of Xiao Nai's best friends and he was one of my favorite characters. Not only was he Xiao Nai's best friend, but he was also his brother and protected him as well as WeiWei in any and every way he could. Nothing else mattered as long as his friends were smiling. When I found out that he was a major minor character again in this drama, I had to watch. Especially since he was playing the caring a gentle (first) love interest of our main character. Was I a little disappointed, yea, but I think he did an amazing job with his character. I loved watching his internal struggle trying to figure out what he was willing to give up in order to have his dream. I was on his side for a majority of this drama, until one infamous scene where even I fell out of love with him. And then every time he would almost redeem himself, he would dig a even deeper whole. It pained me to see one of my favorite actors play a role like this, but he did such an amazing job, so I can't be mad. Believe me, there was only one thing that could have happened at the end between him and another character that would have made me hate his character, but atlas, it didn't happen and the world is right again. Finally, there is Janice Wu. I don't know that it is about her, but either she has been in every new chinese drama coming out or I am just obsessed with her. It's probably a mixture of both. I love her spunkyness as well as always playing a character that might not be 100% the strongest she can be in that moment, but hell...she is a close 99%.

Overall, I enjoyed this drama a lot more than I thought I was going to, but there were a few things that I couldn't get over. The first being the consistency of the context her episode as well as the ending of each one. Some episodes felt like bridges, linking one idea with another without anything really happening. Every time this happened, I would be extremely frustrated that I waited 2-3 days for this ep, and the ep didn't relieved. Then on top of that, the episodes would literally end in the middle of a sentence with an unfinished idea and I was like...really. You couldn't even give me a finished sentence? Also, I wasn't a an of ANYONE that worked at Star Entertainment. Some people had their moments, but it wasn't enough. I honestly wanted Boxu's contract to be terminated so he could go somewhere else. BUT, Star Entertainment did seem like a family....a dysfunctional family. But the one person I disliked the most, and idk if she just enjoys playing these types of characters, was Xia Yuan, Zhen Zhen's best friend and roommate. I felt like she was too much. I'm glad she grew from the beginning of the drama to the end, but she was a mess in the middle and took it out of Zhen Zhen for something he has no power over. Especially when she decided that she was in love with Yu Zi Rui for no reason really, I thought it was not cool and she was too much. I am glad that their relationship stayed friendly and that they could learn from one another because if they were written to fall in love, I would have called bullshit.

Overall (again, part 2), I would love to see Z.Tao act in more dramas as well as continue to watch Janice Wu in the future. I hope they collaborate again and I wish that all the songs from this drama were on Spotify because, EVERY song was amazing in this drama.

The Fox's Summer Season 2
Jun 26, 2019
Now that I have officially finished this drama, I can say that this season was the main course compared to the first season which was basically an appetizer or the background of how these two mains fall in love. But...that isn't really fair to say since it wasn't like an official season break; literally season 2 picked up where season 1 left off as if there was no season change.
We left off in season one with the aftermath of (english name) Mike and Li Yan Shu sharing a drunk kiss. Mike seems to be extremely happy that it happened, while Karen has mixed feelings. Maybe it is because she thinks Mike will be mad at her or maybe it is because she is not used to having close relationships with others. Regardless of that, this season picks up with Gu Jin Yu realizing the truth of why Li Yan Shu left all those years ago and deciding for the 5th (some large amount) time that he is going to pursue her against this grandmother's wishes. Mike on the other hand has finally accepted his feelings for Li Yan Shu and decided to confess in front of both Li Yan Shu and his younger brother Gu Jin Yu that he is also going to pursue her. Unfortunately, his adoptive grandmother/mother has decided that in order to get rid of Li Yan Shu and "show Gu Jin Yu that she is a gold digger," she wants to "introduce" her to someone else. Which brings us to her brilliant idea to convince Mike to start a fake relationship with her. Mike says no, but still pursues her because he is actually in love with her. Throughout this drama, this plan backfires in so many ways especially Mike's relationship with the Gu family and his adoptive grandmother.
We also FINALLY get into more detail about Mike's past that he cannot remember. It was honestly EVERYTHING seeing Mike and Li Yan Shu's teamwork. Like they work so well together. I also especially loved all the secret looks Mike would give Li Yan Shu when she was hard at work trying to connect the dots based on his fragmented memories. I think this is what made the drama so much better than the first for me. As I said in my first review, Mike's smile is EVERYTHING. We only got a few smiles in season one, so season two was a treat when he would smile and laugh and act goofy around her. Of course his germaphobia (that was connected with his childhood trauma) would get in the way most of the time and we got glimpses of old grumpy Mike who came off snooty. But I did enjoy their relationship. She brought a bubbly piece to it so regardless if something in his life was going bad, she knew how to cheer him up. There were actually a few extremely emotional scenes in this drama where Mike cried, and I felt how much love they had for one another on how much they supported each other. Chemistry was through the roof!!
The reason I couldn't give this drama above a 7, though, was because there was a lot of filler in the beginning, it wasn't until the last group of episodes where everything hit the fan. PLUS, for a couple that loves one another so much and is there to support one another, when a little complication arises, they both turn into their old selves - Mike, a cold businessman who shuns Yan Shu, and Li Yan Shu, a sarcastic liar who loves to push everyone away.
But for what it is worth, the last episode ended the way it needed to and perfectly tied up this entire drama. Like seriously, the beginning of the last ep almost had me in tears. Also it was interesting seeing the villains of season 1 some how become misunderstood characters and they form these strong relationships with the main characters. You know how much I disliked her step sister, but once they formed a bond with one another, it was cute and unbreakable, almost like they had been friends for years.

I Picked Up a Star on the Road
Jun 26, 2019
This drama was nothing like I was expecting - I kept on seeing this drama advertised via instagram and it honestly made it seem like this silly drama about a celebrity and a middle/lower class woman who accidentally cross paths during an unfortunate incident (kidnapping), and while they are both trying to figure out how to explain themselves and get out of it, they learn about each other's lives and learn to step out of their boxes and realize that not everyone has it easy. That and of course, perhaps falling in love? And, we got that...but we got something so much more and different. This show actually somehow mixed to genres together - a dark story about an actual plot to kidnap and kill Kang Joon Hyuk, as well as a quirky love story. And even though I thoroughly enjoyed this drama, I didn't think that it was done the best it could have been. Maybe it was because there were only 10 episodes, or maybe it was because I felt like some parts dragged on, while other's were really quick. Also, the romance seemed a little Stockholm Syndrome-y to me, but I understand that this drama was supposed to be a funny and quirky and over the top. It was one of those dramas where you needed to accept the situation and just run with it. I loved how secretly dark this drama was, underneath all the over the top acting (which I am not complaining about, it was very fun to watch). I loved how it started off with an internal monologue from Lee Yeon Seo and how it seemed like she did have some darkness in her heart. I loved how as the drama went on, these intros to the episodes threw me off and I actually thought that Lee Yeon Seo might have had some internal darkness in her and she was going to use that somehow while "picking up a celebrity on the street." That's what I liked about this drama. It threw you off, whereas I thought for a second that I was watching the wrong drama, but then it would go into this over the top scene with a panicked Lee Yeon Seo trying to figure out how she got herself in this situation because homegirl really just was at the wrong place at the wrong time, in the wrong mindset, drunk. But later we find out that being there was actually a blessing for Kang Joon Hyuk. I think the theme to this drama was just don't misunderstand a situation - not everything is what is seems at first glance? And because of the darkness of this drama, I loved the build up in every plot, but then, once it hit it's climax, it became this huge thing, that the writers gave a silly solution to. I understand it is a write style to fit the drama, but I wasn't sold. Don't get me wrong, I loved watching this drama and I will probably watch it again, but it wasn't my favorite. To be honest, I was kind of rooting for Hwang Nam Goo at the end, but I also understand that is not how dramas work. But if there was one thing I loved about Nam Goo's part in all of this, is his compassion towards Yeon Seo, and his bromance with Joon Hyuk. The 3 of them, even though they always got into trouble, always found a quirky solution to everything. Yes, the two guys were competing for Yeon Seo, but it was kind of a cute competition. I think out of all the characters in this drama, it was Nam Goo and Mir that were my favorite. Even though Mir was a supporting role, everyone misunderstood him and he was just timid and wanted a friend in this crazy business (going back to things I loved about this drama were Yeon Seo and Joon Hyuk's friendship where she was always trying to "bring him back to Earth" and step in someone else's shoes - especially with the Mir plot) . And finally, I loved Nam Goon because he secretly went through his own character development. Like most of the characters who went through their own change, Nam Goo literally sat down and thought about how he wanted to be be a better person without anyone telling him to do so. Plus, underneath all his "annoying neighbor-ness" in the beginning, he was a compassionate person who always took care of Yeon Seo (in his own way) and when it mattered, he confessed his feelings. He deserved better.

Sweet Dreams
I don't know how to start this review. I originally started this drama way back in January, on the first night I officially moved into my cousin and I's first apartment in Newark. Technically, she had officially moved in, and I was camping out in her room until the next day when my bed was supposed to come. Earlier that day, we had dinner at BJ's where we were talking about the dramas that we were currently watching - I was probably behind on watching My Mr. Mermaid (which she had recommended to be previously, and I have still yet to finish) and she started telling me about this show called Sweet Dreams that was way different than any drama she had watched before.

Sweets Dreams follows a young girl, a recent college graduate who studied veterinary science, named Ling Lingqi (QiQi). After having one of the most happiest days of her life where she thought she knew what love was, her boyfriend dropped her off and told her that he was in love with someone else and took off. Qi Qi was crushed until a mysterious man gave her a bouquet of flowers with an encouraging note from a place called FlowerPlus. After this incident, she found out that Bo Hai, the CEO of FlowerPlus was the mysterious man on the street that day and decided that she was going to become a florist and make him fall in love with her. But year after year she gets rejected from the florist internship program at FlowerPlus. It isn't until one day when they post a position for a sales associate at one of their flower shops that Qi Qi finally has a chance to get her foot in the door, even a little one, to prove that she is a great florist. During this time, Qi Qi is trying to make extra money and decides to test this new Sweet Dreams bracelet which is supposed to help her sleep, but what she doesn't know is that her bracelet is faulty and actually connects her with someone else wearing the bracelet and they are put into a dream together. At first, when she meets Bo Hai in her dream, she thinks that it is a sign that she will do great things at the company, but when she starts to dream about him over and over again, she realizes that there is more going on. In fact, she finds out that Bo Hai also is testing the Sweet Dreams bracelet, but unlike her, he remembers the dreams, but doesn't remember her face. We also find out that Bo Hai was given the bracelet from one of his friends because he has issues sleeping and thinks that this bracelet will help him as well as reduce anxiety. But Bo Hai is a complex character. After a traumatic childhood which left him an orphan, whenever Bo Hai gets extremely stressed, he becomes colorblind for a random amount of time. It could last a few minutes to a few weeks at a time. We also learn that whenever Bo Hai stresses about something, it reflects in his dreams. After a few dreams, Qi Qi realizes that this dragon that keeps trying to hurt Prince Bo Hai (the first series of dreams is fairy-tail themed) must symbolize something and she decides to to step in and be Bo Hai's knight in shining amour, and soon realizes, when the "monster" is defeated in his dreams, so does the "monster" in his real life. This continues on until the moment Qi Qi finally meets Bo Hai in person and realizes that he isn't the sweet and charming prince from their dreams, a cold boss who only seems to have a healthy relationship with his work.
The series continues with Qi Qi and Bo Hai getting to know one another and honestly just taking on the world together. It is a rocky start to say the least and it doesn't get better for a while and Bo Hai did test my nerves A LOT, but honestly they are the definition was fated love.

I was going back and forth between giving this series a 4 and a 5. I watched this show religiously back in January when I first started it that night. I would come back from work and just plop down at the dinner table and just watch as much as I could. I think I made it to episode...35 until I stopped watching because of two reasons. 1) I didn't want this show to end. It was so unique than any other Chinese drama I have ever watched before. Honestly, usually Chinese dramas have a lightness to them. Even when something crazy is happening, it isn't too crazy. You actually see crazier plots in Korean dramas and I think Sweet Dreams was a nice median of the two cultures. Which feeds into the second reason. 2) My roommate had binge watched the hell out of this drama. She was obsessed. Which meant that she needed to talk to someone about it...which meant I got spoilers. I knew that around the time that the two mains finally got together, they would soon break up because of this CRAZY insane plot point which reminded me of something crazy I would see in a Korean drama. And after this crazy plot point, something inside Bo Hai just broke and he was never the same after. I was scared by this. I had finally watched 35 episodes of this drama and finally the two mains got together and after 2 or 3 eps, it would just end. I couldn't deal. So I stopped watching for about 2 months and watched a bunch of other dramas. I always had Sweet Dreams in the back of my mind because Qi Qi and Bo Hai went through so much and I wanted to see how everything ended; how they would somehow find each other again and defeat the monster of the world together. So I started watching it again and after...a few episodes, my roommate decided to tell me that there was this WILD ending and knowing myself...I needed to know what happened and she wasn't telling me anything. Which is at that moment that I got into my head and thought...someone must have died at the end. There is no way that anything else could be as wild as that, and when she didn't respond to me...I just knew. Not saying that this did or did not happen, but the ending reminded me of Love @ Seventeen. That's all I'm saying.

Honestly, this drama really messed me up. I even lost sleep over it which wild and the moment you know that you are way too deep. After thinking about it, there has only been one other drama that I was completely messed up after...and it was Boys Over Flowers (the Korean adaptation of Meteor Garden.) Even thought I gave that show a 4/5, I was completely invested that I watched all 40-50 something episodes over the course of a week...and that is literally all I did. That show messed me up that I needed to watch more and more and once it was done....I didn't know what to do with my life. That series was wild and emotional af. Much like that show, the characters played a huge part in it being emotional. I am not going to lie, there was a love hate relationship between me and the two mains. In the beginning, Qi Qi was this annoying lovesick girl who was honestly wilding out over this guy that she made up in her head. She had her moments when she found out that Bo Hai was a jerk and she decided to show him that she was a smart and passionate person and was actually a boss at her job. When FlowerPlus was in trouble when their rose shipments were lesser quality, and people were trying to sue the company, Qi Qi came out of it all and told everyone that she would personally make everyone's valentines day bouquets without the roses, but be just as romantic. She basically saved his ass and all while she only trying to prove to herself that she was passionate about her job and not because she wanted to prove to him and she was good enough. I think I liked how Qi Qi matured over the course of this series. I love when Qi Qi is romantic, but I also love when she is a boss ass bitch and saving Bo Hai's booty. Bo Hai on the other hand...oh man...he tested me. Don't get me wrong, I understand why Bo Hai is the way he is. He had a really tragic backstory and an enemy from his past that would not give up trying to bring him and his company down. That was literally what this show about about besides the romance. It was about this villain who would just not leave Bo Hai alone and honestly did some CRAZY stuff to try and ruin him. Bo Hai, instead of trying to open himself up to love or any form of relationship with anyone, he was incredibly rude to everyone. Once he meets Qi Qi, he starts to open up little by little and then close up completely again, and then little by little. I understand his fears, and towards the end, Bo Hai realizes that these things make him weak, but the thing I didn't like about Bo Hai is that even though he knew he was being weak and he hated himself for being weak, he did nothing about it. He would rather run away and hate himself for being weak, than try to find the courage to at least try to solve the issue at hand. I mean, he comes around eventually, but it takes him a WHILE. At some point, I just really wanted them to be together because I don't think there would be anyone else in their world that would be able to put up with either one of them.

After finishing off this series, I would say that this is definitely one of my favorites. This drama makes you feel every kind of emotion possible and it kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Especially the last episode with that WILD ending. I hated it, but I also thought it was perfect.

Love O2O
This will always hold a special place in my heart as the second drama I had every watched. I was just randomly going through Netflix and was like...a Chinese drama that is partly in the video game world? I'm in. I didn't expect this drama to completely take my heart. The acting on Xiao Nai and Wei Wei's part was a little rough; Wei Wei kissed like a dead fish which ruined almost all romantic scenes, and it was super hard to read Xiao Nai, so I had no idea what to expect. But it didn't matter (except for -0.5 from score) because the story actually carried the whole drama. This is the only drama I have actually rewatched and honestly really want to watch again. Xiao Nai, even after all the many dramas I have watched since, remains my Chinese Drama Husband. If you want a cute first love story about a department beauty (WW) and campus dreamboat (XN) who end up falling in love over their mutual love and skill in videogames, as well as an amazing supporting cast featuring Nai's 3 best friends who I want as my older brothers/best friends, then this drama is for you. Everyone that I have recommended this drama to has loved it and recommended it to their friends.

Coffee & Vanilla
Believe me, I love manga as much as the next person, especially romance. I also LOVE when they create "live-action" dramas from manga as I have loved all the other adaptions I've watched. But this one. Not my cup of tea. I never read the manga and went into this blind, but knew it was one of the top anticipated adaptations this fall. My roommate and I binged all 10 episodes in one go and it was a funny watch as everything Fukami said to Risa could have come off romantic (the way she took it) or...something one would say before he killed you. We found ourselves asking questions back and forth, "if you dated a guy and he said that to you, what would you do?" which were mostly answered with "run." 5 stars was being generous, but because it entertained us and because I do like the actor who plays Fukami, I will be generous. Maybe it is just the lead actress - I have not liked her in any of the dramas she has been in, that I have watched. Not sure if it is her, or the rolls she picks. But every roll she has played, I have no enjoyed her character. I wasn't sure if we were supposed to connect or feel for her character because I did not. Maybe if she had some character development, she would have been bearable, but literally...she started off as an insecure college student with no love, to an insecure college student who found love, but not for herself. Fukami was borderline creepy and possessive, but I guess it is very much a Christian Grey character who went through SOME development.

MARS
When I had found out that there was a drama created from the MARS manga I read back in middle school, I instantly put it on the top of my list. It was perfectly timing really - I was thinking how much I wanted to reread MARS with a completely different perspective as I had first read it back in middle school around 2006. I remembered that it had some dark elements which is something I enjoyed a lot, and I was curious to see if I would love the story and characters around 13 years later.

This drama was super nostalgic for me. I didn't realize it had came out in 2004 and the filming reminded me of an old telenovella I used to watch with my grandma growing up. Almost like it was shot like a reality television show. I honestly remembered bits and pieces of the story line - I remembered that they both had their own tragedies, but I only remembered Qi Luo's (Kira) and not Ling's (Rei). But as I was watching, the story-line came back to me as I was yelling at the tv for the characters to watch out. I am glad that I decided to go with the Taiwanese drama route, and might watch the Japanese one in the future as it is much shorter than this one.

I loved this drama cause it was super nostalgic as I believe it followed the manga well, but also believe that it added it's own flare. I literally spent a whole day binge watching this because even though I remember how it ended and how certain situations were going to play out, I enjoyed the ride. I thought Qi Luo's transformation was a little quick and that I felt sorry for her because she was the only one who was supporting Ling during all his tragedy, but I enjoyed the romance between the two. I don't remember much from the manga, so I am not sure how it was written, but I did feel like in the beginning, their relationship was a little toxic when she was helping him with his first few tragedies. It was sweet that she wanted to support him fully and completely, but it took him until her tragedy for him to realize that there are other people in this world that are suffering, and like him, she had no one to help her through it. But also, unlike him, even though she had her family around who should have helped her, they were the people causing the pain. Both different tragedies - him dealing with internal struggle that he himself created, while her pain was created by people who are supposed to be taking care of her.

The theme and their love blossomed from supporting each other through their struggles. How if they didn't meet or have one another, would would have lost to their tragedies. It was really heartwarming to see them at the end as completely different people. Qi Luo being the introvert who hated/was afraid of everyone who transformed into a loving and supportive girlfriend, friend, and daughter and Ling being a trouble-making playboy to a protective and selfless boyfriend, friend, and son.

My ID is Gangnam Beauty
I don't think they could have picked a better "theme" song for this drama. Literally. This was literally a drama about first love and two mains who had zero experience in being with someone else, so a majority of the time they would just stare at each other and say, "what" and "huh?" The mains were cute and dorky and I truly felt the realness of how cringy it is to try and figure out what to do in your first relationship. I typically hate those cringy moments in dramas, but this one really hit home for me as someone who tends to ignore obvious advances because of doubts in my mind that no one would hit on me because I believe that I am not good enough. But that is past tense. I also believe that is also why I couldn't give this a 10/10 (as well as because of the staring contest between the two mains that made up 50% of the drama.) I felt like the main character never fully loved herself - I thought it was going to be a generic drama ending where the girl who has felt ugly her whole life, would at the end find out that she was always beautiful. Maybe even a cheesy ending where we would finally get to see a non-blurred out photo of her as a child (every photo of her as a child was blurred out,) but we didn't get that. It made me feel like the main character didn't get to that point of loving herself fully. Yes, the climax of this drama was her finally realizing that she deserves to be happy as much as everyone else, and she will do the things that will make her happy, like date the guy she likes, but that's it. I do appreciate this drama though because it isn't something that'll happen overnight. It isn't a switch where she can switch on and off. That it'll probably take awhile for her to feel comfortable with her past because her present is filled with the people she loves and that love her back. I also liked how every character in this drama was battling something internally. Mostly it was about these college girls constantly being told that they aren't "ideal types" even though they were perfectly happy with who they were. I do appreciate how different everyone's endings were - not everyone got with the guy they were crushing on the whole drama or found someone who loved them who they were from day one even if that character didn't know it. It was about these characters going through their own internal battle (some more intense than others) and finding happiness within themselves and expressing that to others. I will say though that Yoo Eun and Jang Won Ho are the best. Yoo Eun, the freshman leader, was always a homie towards everyone, even the villain knowing that something was wrong and she wanted to help. She never gave up on anyone. Jan Won Ho was just the cutest freshman who picked up on all the wrong signals and fell for the wrong girl. Honestly, if I was in this drama, I would have loved to date Jang Won Ho. I liked the second love interest, but the moment he told her the reason why he liked her was because she was pretty, I was like...dammit, I was rooting for you! You never lead with that. That is why I liked Do Kyung Suk. When he was asked the question if he liked her because she was pretty, he had said that he liked Kang Mi Rae because she was her. He was in love her soul and her bravery and her dancing skills. Overall, I loved this drama more than I thought I would and would def watch again.

Master Devil Do Not Kiss Me 2
Aug 6, 2019
Well, at least it was better than the first? But still just meh. At the end of season one, Chu Xia had been tricked during her college's campus beauty contest and was kidnapped, while a familiar face is introduced this season, Han Qi Lu's ex, Xiang Man Kui. This season, Chu Xia is finally comfortable in her own skin and knows her worth, and has no time for BS. Han Qi Lu now struggles this season know that he knows he likes Chu Xia and finally knows he has to put in an effort to try to win her over (none of this random confession bull in the middle of arguments) as well as trying to figure out his feelings for Xiang Man Kui. I did enjoy in this one that he always knew that he liked Chu Xia, and only wanted Xiang Man Kui is just a friend (after Chu Xia told him that it wasn't healthy to hold a grudge against her), but I also hated that Han Qi Lu was ignorant of the fact of how Chu Xia might feel about his relationship with her. I mean Han Qi Lu is just an oblivious guy so I didn't expect much from him, which is why he was so low on my "suitor" list in my last review, but I thought he was have a little common sense. Chu Xia is a nice girl who puts everyone's happiness in front of her own - When Xiang Man Kui came back, she saw how much she was struggling and how she used to be in Chu Xia's shoes, the Han family taking care of her when her family died. She struggled with not wanting to help Xiang Man Kui, afraid that Han Qi Lu and her would rekindle their romance, but knowing that she couldn't be selfish. But I also don't blame Chu Xia for being in a terrible way - Han Qi Lu gave her ZERO confirmation that him and he was not into Xiang Man Kui. To me, it is like if some guy tells me they like me, but out of nowhere their first love comes back and they start hanging out at school and after school and they start to extend invites to me to hangout with them and during those hangouts, they treat you like a third wheel. Then the guy getting mad at me, when I start to decline hangouts. But the one thing I hated to most, was when people confronted Han Qi Lu about it and asked who he liked, and he couldn't answer. If you can't answer that simple question, you have no right to get mad at Chu Xia for not wanting to be on a threesome date and wanting to hangout with her friends. Regardless if she is hanging out with other guys, at least she had the audacity to tell them that she didn't like them and that they were only friends. It wasn't fair for Chu Xia always having to explain herself and go out of her way to tell Han Qi Lu not to worry because she didn't like people more than friends, but he couldn't do the same for her.

Also, I think I am also a little bias because I am not a fan of the actress who plays Xiang Man Kui, Yang Zhi Ying. And it is nothing personal against her. I just feel that she pops out of nowhere in dramas I watch, and I just dislike her characters. In The Brightest Star In The Sky, she played Kexin, who just did not get a clue when Boxu did not like her, but she still bothered him acting like she was going to get a proposal. Then against in My Amazing Boyfriend 2, Bai Lu, being this emotionless character who was obviously a spy for an organization that was bad news, and knew about it, but played along because she was in love with the organizer. Yes, she always seems to redeem herself at the end, including this one, but I hated the journey to get there. In this drama, in the first season, she seemed like the perfect girlfriend to Han Qi Lu, until the day she just disappeared on him, but in this season we learn a lot more about her and about her departure. We also learn that she is willing to do anything to get Han Qi Lu back into her life.

Even though I said that this drama was the better than the first, I gave it the same review because of the ending. Not to spoil anything, but I would like to let everyone know what they are getting into before they watch this. If you want to watch 2 seasons, 23 eps a piece, around 20-25 minutes long, about a boy and a girl finally admitting to one another that they like one another, than this is for you. No, "I love you" or "I want to be with you forever" or "marry me?" Nope, just a "I like you," and then end credits. Like....really? cool. So now what? Everything that caused issues in the beginning of the ep haven't been solved. Also, the reason to chase after her at the end was because you found out that she made a deal to save your family from bankruptcy...like she hadn't been helping you with the issue in little ways throughout season two. Did you not...care? Side note, one of the things I hated about Han Qi Lu is how he ALWAYS went to Xiang Man Kui when he needed help with his family business or he just needed someone to hangout with or talk to, but got mad when Chu Xia didn't go to him for the same thing. Such a double standard, there is no way I would have fallen in love with Han Qi Lu.

But I would have to change my list now. I mean for obvious reasons too without spoiling anything. Honestly, the only two people that could be on my list are Han Qi Lu and Ling Han Yu. I do love Feng Shao, but he made it 100% clear that he was completely over Chu Xia when he started to date another girl in season one, and seems head over heels for her even though we only see her in random scenes. It also seemed that Han Qi Lu's only competition this season would be Jiang Chen Chuan, but for obvious reasons, that would never work out. Honestly, poor Jiang Chen Chuan. He was head over heels for Chu Xia, and would have made a much better boyfriend, but that is a bridge that could never morally be crossed. Such a weird twist. Wasn't expecting it at all. As for Ling Han Yu, he kind of disappeared this season, but when he was around, he had completely accepted the fact that Chu Xia would not chose him and would try to help out his boy Han Qi Lu and Chu Xia be together. Such a homie, and more of a dreamboat than Han Qi Lu.

This drama was needed though. After watching so many dramas, I have found patterns and differences between Chinese, Korean, and Taiwanese dramas as well as the big budget dramas vs webdramas. I am sure that there are so much different genres in this drama universe as well, but I have found little charms in each of these sub genres and a webdrama is always a great cure after a big budget.

Would I rewatch this drama? Nah. Would I recommend it? Probably not. Was it needed as a simple and cute filler drama? Yea.

Master Devil Do Not Kiss Me
Aug 5, 2019
I didn't hate this drama, I mean if I did, I wouldn't have binge watched it all in a day, but I wasn't in love with it. A cdrama instagram account I follow posted a few clips from this drama, and I was intrigued. I moved it to the top of my list. I think I was in need of a webdrama after watching a big name drama for a few weeks that left me a little broken at the end. I think this is why I binged. And it is a simple plot about a girl who's mother dies and her dying wish is for her organ donor's family, the rich and power Han family, to take her in and raise her as a daughter. Chu Xia is a rebellious girl who has faced many hardships in life, but always did what she could to protect her mother. After she moved in with the Han family, she is introduced to a new word of privileged heirs who have their their own set of rules that Chu Xia can't follow. This is about her finding out who she is and not to be ashamed of it, as well as showing others that there isn't one set of rules to go by. She also has a love hate relationship with the Han's heir, Qi Lu, who seemed to be hiding something from his past that makes him not want to be close to anyone.
Honestly, it reminded me a lot of Accidentally in Love where we have a girl who is different from everyone else, and refuses to change to fit this new world. I do enjoy Chu Xia's character - she seems to be this bright star in the sky who in a way makes whoever she crosses paths with, a better person. People are also drawn to her energy and her spunkiness that ultimately makes every guy kid of fall in love with her. After watching season 1, I am not going to lie, I am not a fan of Qi Lu. Even though Chu Xia doesn't "know" that she likes him yet, all she wants is him to treat her with some kind of respect, and he does, but it is very off and on. Already, their relationship seems very unhealthy. He doesn't know how to act (even though in flashbacks, he clearly knows how to be in a relationship and treat a girl) and when he becomes flustered, he channels it out as anger towards only Chu Xia. I don't blame her for being confused whenever he confesses to her. I would also think he was playing a joke on me. He needs to check himself because as of right now, I am not sold. To be honest, I have no idea what is with me lately, but I have been falling for all the second lead love interests who I know will not get the girl. If I were in Chu Xia's place, I would date the heck out of Ling Han Yu. Right from the beginning, he is this bubbly guy who has no ill feelings towards anyone, and from the moment he met her, he protected her. Plus, I think he has genuine feelings towards her and isn't afraid to tell anyone because she knows there is nothing wrong with her and he always builds her up and always there when she needs someone emotionally. Even when his friendship is on the line, he still chooses to protect Chu Xia. After that, my second pick would be Feng Shao, her best friend/brother form her past life. Like Ling Han Yu, Feng Shao was her protector, but also her equal. He knows how strong she is and knows that she can handle herself, but is always there if she needs a little help. He always knows how to cheer her up, and will always defender her honor. But I do understand that he does represent her past life. Now that she is living in the Han household, he is realizing that she isn't just Chu Xia, gangster milk-deliver-er from the streets. She is so much more, and Feng Shao can and does fit in her life, but not in the way he used to. Honestly, when he decided to move on, it broke my heart. I think he knew that she was a different person and was given more opportunity and that he might pull her back into their "gangster" life if he tried to pursue her. If he wanted to, I think he could succeed. My third...which is wild, would be late entry Jiang Chen Chuan. He was just introduced, and they started with a hate relationship, but ultimately he fell in love with her tenacity. She refused to back down from what she believed, and she always found a way to succeed. Don't get me wrong, he is a wild character who does wild stuff, but at least he treats her a way a woman should be treated. I was debating who third place should be, between Han Qi Lu and Jiang Chen Chuan and ultimately made my decision due to the fact that at least Jiang tries to make an effort.
I am excited to see what they do in season. The things I didn't like about this drama though were now choppy some scenes were as well as how much filler. I get annoyed with Qi Lu because there is some development with him, but he just needs to get over himself. I mean yes, I would act not super nice towards people after I had a significant other who always talked about marriage after college, but then literally bounced and said nothing one day. But I am also not a person who agrees with projecting you anger on other people who were not involved. Plus, he said something about always liking her, which I find to be complete bull. PLUS PLUS, I am not sure (1) if he only likes her because she is so similar to his ex or (2) the reason why he was so cold towards her is because of that reason. Either way, he needs to show some kind of signal that he likes her because she is her own unique person. She is already struggling with her feelings because Han Qi is so hot and cold. Like I said, toxic relationship.

This is a simple drama, but I hope we get a better story line in the second season with a better plot and maybe Han Qi actually being nice to Chi Xia.

My Absolute Boyfriend
Aug 1, 2019
I enjoyed how in the beginning it was light, silly, and just over the top funny. I always found myself cracking up at Zero Nine because he was like a puppy and kid rolled up into the body of a twenty-something year old man. The actor did an amazing job playing Zero Nine; even towards the middle where he is developing human emotions/understanding human emotions, you can still tell that he is a robot. I loved this because even though his character turned more human compared to the cute boyfriend robot from the beginning, the actor and director kept Zero Nine's initial robot quirks there. It was the attention to detail with his character that made this drama for me.
On the other hand, you have the other characters. I did love the romance between these two mains, and the ending made me ugly cry, but something just didn't sit well. I 100% felt the love that Zero Nine had for DaDa. It was DaDa I didn't quite understand. One day she just pulled a 180 and loved him with 100% of her heart, which is way more than we saw with the flashbacks of her and Ma Wang Joon. Maybe it is just me, but I don't believe the whole 180 turn. I don't buy it in real life and I don't buy it in dramas.
Then we have Ma Wang Joon. I do think he was a terrible boyfriend in the beginning and yes, she needed to dump him. I think there were two main things I disliked - 1) how he knew he was distancing himself from her for years and didn't care enough for her to treat her better and 2) how he thought their relationship was solely him making the decisions when he should have been communicating with her. After they broke up, I think it was just pure jealousy that she had met someone the complete opposite of him. I truly believe that their relationship was over a long time ago, and he only went after her to prove something to himself. And that is another thing I wasn't convinced with Zero Nine and DaDa's relationship - Zero Nine was the exact opposite of what Ma Wang Joon, all the things she wanted from Ma Wang Joon, was what Zero Nine thrived in. It makes me question DaDa. I read a lot of reviews before writing this one about Ma Wang Joon , and a lot of people pointed him the true villain in this drama, but I'd have to disagree. Yes, I thought he was a crappy boyfriend and person at times, but I also saw Ma Wang Joon's love for DaDa. Yes, I HATED when he blew up on both mains and basically dug himself deeper, but there were other times when he acted as a big brother, knowing that he saw how much he had hurt DaDa in the past and he doesn't want anyone else to make her feel that way again. He went about it in terrible ways, but the intention was there. I don't think I could hate him at the end of everything. He definitely needs to do some growing up.
The one person I disliked would have to be Diana. I loved how she was just this heiress who hates people and decides to make everyone's life miserable for no reason except for her own pleasure, but that's all she was. I thought she was going to have some kind of consequence or this huge redemption, but no. She literally was destroying robot after robot and stealing company property, and all she got out of it was she was put on the banned list. Like she has done so much that she could be sued for millions or in jail, but no. Also, she basically messed with Zero Nine and DaDa's relationship, especially towards the end which I will not say, and she did nothing to fix it. She apologized and then went away. She basically had enough money to spare to help out the situation, but she literally just left. They made you think that she was going to have this huge impact at the end and save the day - nope.

Overall, I feel like some characters lacked while others shined in this regardless if there were good or bad people. If you want to watch a drama (that dragged in the middle) that will make you laugh at Zero Nine's adorableness in the beginning, and then ugly cry in the last 5 episodes, this is the drama to watch.
I stand by my rating of 9/10 - I loved Zero Nine throughout. He was the perfect boyfriend. I loved how cheeky and cute he was in the beginning, thinking that puppy love was love. I also loved as he started to understand others and what true love was, he turned from an adorable puppy who was ok with a one-sided love to this sensual and emotional person who also wanted to be loved. I feel like he was the one who struggled the most emotionally in this drama which is wild cause he is the robot. If you are iffy about this drama, I think Zero Nine's cute puppy attitude in the beginning and then all the emotional scenes in the last few episodes are 100% worth the watch. You will have to go through all the filler BS in the middle, but it is worth it to ugly cry at the end. Wild that a robot that learned what love was from a human was able to understand what love was, better than anyone in this damn drama. Understood what sacrifices you had to make and were willing to make for the person you love.

You Who Came from the Stars
Jul 8, 2019
It was a little rough at first for me, I was not a huge fan of Chun Song Yi throughout the drama, and Do Min Joon had his moments, but I did enjoy watching this. I had actually found out a day or two before I started this drama that this was the original drama that My Amazing Boyfriend 1 and 2 were created from, and I was curious to see how the adaptations differed, especially since I kept seeing this drama on everyone's recommendation list. And let me say, this version makes me almost dislike the Chinese version and makes me want to go back and give it a lesser rating. But I enjoyed how I was able to compare the actors and how they portrayed the characters. I learned that Chun Song Yi is not my type of character. Yes, she had small moments here and there especially when her and Do Min Joon had their little moments where nothing in the world could tear them apart. But that is another thing that I didn't like about this series as a whole - the ONLY people who were sabotaging their relationships was themselves. I was not a fan of Min Joon a majority of the drama until he realized what was more important to him, going back home after 400 years of being on earth or being with the woman he loves for a undetermined amount of time. At that point, he was willing to do anything and everything. Song Yi on the other hand, when she wasn't stalking and rambling on to Min Joon about why she is amazing and why she would be the perfect partner, she would be sabotaging herself basically acting the opposite of what she has been saying about herself in the beginning. Honestly, I was only watching for Lee Hui Kyung and Lee Jae Kyung. I haven't loved another villain since Strong Woman, but Jae Kyung takes a solid second place in my book. He was really a psychopath who I thought was funny because he would do wild things like point a gun in someone's face, but the moment he is caught, he tries to play it off like it was a fun game among friends. Surprised he wasn't caught before, but I think that is why I loved him. And it isn't a spoiler since we've known from the beginning that he was the bad guy. Killing was second nature to him as well as giving terrible lies that didn't make sense. Hui Kyung on the other hand was honestly my drama boyfriend throughout this drama. All Hui wanted was to have the perfect family and be with the love of his life Song Yi after 15 years of chasing her. Even after she expresses her feelings toward him as a friend and how she loves someone else, he still treats her like the a goddess. Given that he said he would never stop fighting for her, but take a step back, waiting for Min Joon to mess up, but he was a loyal friend. Maybe it was because he was super bubbly and would literally sacrifice himself for her regardless if she was in love with someone else. He wanted nothing but happiness for her, even if he had to sacrifice his own. I didn't say it was a healthy relationship, but how can you not love the guy?? I also enjoyed how they didn't play out his relationship with Yoo Se Mi. He shut her down right away. And it might be mean to say that, but I honestly disliked Se Mi way more than I hated the actual villain of this drama. Shoot, I thought she was the real villain. And I wanted to like her so badly, because I like Yoo In Na, but maybe there lies the issue. Maybe I am actually not a fan of her characters. Whatever the point, I don't understand why people took her side and thought she was innocent. She was psychologically abusive to Song Yi. She was so back and forth, I wasn't even sure if she was actually good at the end. I think that is the one thing Song Yi did right. Even though no one believed her or sided with her when they would get into arguments, Song Yi knew her true nature and never backed down.
Overall, I really enjoyed this drama. It was a little long for my taste and maybe the back and forth sabotaging could have been cut down a lot, but I loved how it was a drama about an alien who lived on earth for almost 400 years, but in his last 3 months, he learned what it was like to be human. I loved the little lessons he would teach in his class and how they were different traits on animals and humans on earth and how they tied into his life, going through the different feelings of human relationships. I also loved, even though it made me ugly cry, how the ending was a lot more realistic than a typical happily ever after. They took one of the biggest issues with their relationship and actually made it a real issue that couldn't easily be solved by true love, but instead made it a situation where regardless of what happened, they would find their happily ever after and fight for one another and make it work. It wasn't ideal, but they were able to conquer their own doubts and insecurities about their relationship and able to live a happy life.

Fall In Love Like A Star
Jul 1, 2019
Simple story about two people who fell in love, but due to long distance as well as one person believing they are holding that other person back from performing at their fullest potential, they decide to break it off. Then, after years of being apart, they run into one another, and even though they both have feelings for one another still, they give one another a hard time. But after spending time with one another, they realize that they want to be with one another.

The chemistry was amazing and didn't realize that they had been in a drama the year prior and even referenced it at the end credits. A+

Because it was an average story with a very predictable ending, I thought this should get an average rating. Nothing new was presented. Definitely worth the watch, don't get me wrong. It is a perfect cure if you don't know what to watch and want to watch a quick drama with a basic story-line.

Hanaoni 3
Jul 1, 2019
Like I said in my first review, I only watched the first movie because I saw a clip for the third in the trilogy and I really wanted to watch it.

And I wasn't disappointed. The third film is from the POV of Momoko, who we met in the first movie. And what I loved about this movie was how we got her background before Kanna's arrival at their academy and how Momoko played a part of all the events that happened in the first movie as well as what happened after.

I really enjoyed Momoko's character - she came off as kind of the bad guy's sidekick in movie 1, but in this movie, we got to learn and understand Momoko and her motivations.

I loved watching Momoko and all her relationships and I was actually heartbroken for her. She had so much personality and needed a way to express her feelings in a world that she was created to be apart of, but kept kicking her down. When she is at one of her lowests, she meets Hibiki, the villain in the first movie, and from there, their friendship blooms. Even though Hibiki has terrible motivations for wanting to kill Kaki, you kind of want to love him because of who he is when he is around Momoko. Especially that scene in the forest towards the end. Also, the cake scene at the very end. I definitely will watch this movie again. The setting is really cool and we finally got a character with some kind of personality.