Details

  • Last Online: 2 hours ago
  • Location: U.S.A.
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: July 3, 2023
Replying to moxie720 • May 27, 2026
Title The WONDERfools Spoiler
On ep 4So grandma was in on the horrible experiments? And is her maybe granddaughter the eternity one?Well all…
I'd have to rewatch to say more clearly how involved/in the know the Grandma was. She funded the experiments, but we don't really know what for (someone suggested that maybe it was because she was desperate to find a cure for Chae Ni?); I am pretty confident, though, that she didn't know quite how bad they were. I imagine she never stepped foot in the lab and didn't really know the extent of the atrocities Han Do was committing. She just thought he was using them for his experiments, like case studies? That's tricky, though, because the kids never chose to be a part of them so already that's a major issue. It's clear she's had a lot of grief and heartache over it, but it doesn't mean what she did was not a bad thing or not a big deal.

It will explain how Chae Ni comes back to life. What it doesn't explain is why she was so sickly BEFORE she came back to life. You'll see what I mean as you keep watching.
5 1
Replying to acwhetsell • May 27, 2026
Title The WONDERfools Spoiler
I felt the same and put that in my review on https://www.dramaaddictscorner.com/post/wonderfools. Apparently only…
I took a peek at your blog and agree about Cha Eun Woo. (This part made me laugh: "However, the master of one face still needs some work, a lot of work. The camera is a friend to Cha Eun Woo, but a friend does not an actor make." 🤣).

He always works for me, somehow (and not just because he's pretty, but because he picks roles that allow him to be some version of himself), but he does rely on his angelic face to do most of his acting for him.

I think he just always feels like Eun Woo, whether he's doing a BTS video, a scene in a drama, an interview, or reality TV (not as far as morality or choices, but in demeanor and expression) so that I can never unsee "Eun Woo" no matter what role he plays. My theory is he's too worried about looking pretty, and he hasn't let himself go (this is the exact same thing I can never do whenever I've tried to act--I'm too self-conscious to lose myself in a role. 😅 But HE is Korea's "face genius," which allows him to get away with acting murder and still get hired 😅).

It's also useless to argue with people who are confident he can very much act (and I mean, he CAN act, just not with the range I think someone landing these roles should be expected to showcase).
0 1
Replying to earwhipper • May 26, 2026
Title Sword Snow Stride Spoiler
I really liked your comparison to JOL - absolutely accurate.Li Chun Gang was really the GOAT for his character…
Thank you! 😉

Yes, he did a good job making it dubious whose side he was really on the whole time, which added an element of suspense to his character. When the moment of truth arrived, he stuck to Fengnian like glue and stayed by his side; it made me so happy.

Having him with Fengnian the whole journey took away some of the suspense that could have been formed around Fengnian's vulnerability due to his lack of martial arts, but it was offset by not knowing who Chun Gang was really working for, and it kept you guessing if he'd ever just leave or betray Fengnian. I hadn't realized how much that undertone of ambiguity had built up tension for me in the watch (until they tried to lure him away from Fengnian, and then I was like, "Noo, don't doooo iiiitttt, Chun Gang!" I didn't realize how invested I was in him being Fengnian's trustworthy ally until that moment 😅).
1 0
Replying to Jasmishaaa • May 26, 2026
Title Reply 1988
its 4:30 am and im currently sobbing cuz i just finished ep17 how do i get over this?!?😭😭😭
The end of the last episode of this drama left me in a puddle, too. 😭
2 1
Replying to Salwa Nice • May 26, 2026
Not really, It's an ongoing massive issue indeed. The signed participants of the petition have reached 41,000…
I sometimes wonder why Chinese filmakers even bother since there's so much they're not allowed to do. 😅 Somehow they still manage to squeak things by!
1 0
Replying to Eleison • May 26, 2026
Maybe put this as a spoiler? I think this is a big plot point...
😉👍
1 0
Replying to Eleison • May 26, 2026
Usually male actors use the military as their way to escape a scandal and let things blow over (I bet agencies…
Agree!
0 0
Replying to Wonda447 • May 25, 2026
I disliked the ML what do you mean you gave the FL to the horrible people who tortured you?! And suddenly you…
Maybe put this as a spoiler? I think this is a big plot point...
1 2
Replying to Eleison • May 25, 2026
Usually male actors use the military as their way to escape a scandal and let things blow over (I bet agencies…
"Media persona" is a good way of putting it. That's exactly what we see--a persona! Whether it's in an interview, a BTS video, a movie they're in, a drama or their social media profile--they're all personas!!

I think Hunger Games did such a great job showcasing how interviews are actors acting, too (and they're edited; any kind of editing being involved means that whoever's producing the interview is telling their own story with the interview, and portraying people the way they want (just like how journalists can twist evidence and interviews, too)).

Even YouTubers and Influencers who talk at a screen are personas, even though they seem so "real." I just always keep in mind that we're seeing these people in a vacuum and have no context of their actual lives to compare their words and personas to.
1 2
Replying to Ti02 • May 25, 2026
In episode 11 of Perfect Crown, in that coronation scene of new King, BWS wore 9-tasseled crown and people chanted…
Yes, by reshooting I just meant fix the problem visually or with audio and re-release it. And yes, this seems a good time for AI.
8 0
Replying to 16106004 • May 25, 2026
https://n.news.naver.com/mnews/article/006/0000135880very helpful article regarding the issues with historical…
The Korean professor quoted at the end made a great point. Say it louder, sir!
1 0
Replying to Salwa Nice • May 25, 2026
Not really, It's an ongoing massive issue indeed. The signed participants of the petition have reached 41,000…
This Broadcasting Act seems like it needs some investigating... why is there such an extreme reaction to fiction?

I guess this isn't that far off from extreme reactions by the government to fiction in China, too (but I'd expect such oversight from China, not SK). They banned transmigration plots because they were afraid people would get ideas that if they commit suicide they could reincarnate. 🤦‍♀️
4 2
Replying to lananh • May 25, 2026
I need you to read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/kdramas/comments/1tlths9/the_reality_of_a_petition_and_why_the_minority/If…
The controversy might even drive the viewership up for people rushing to watch who are worried they won't get to see it if it gets removed.

I really don't understand what's gotten Koreans so upset. They are really second to none in whipping up an internet hype storm. 🤦‍♀️
8 0
Replying to Ti02 • May 25, 2026
In episode 11 of Perfect Crown, in that coronation scene of new King, BWS wore 9-tasseled crown and people chanted…
They should just reshoot that part and re-release the episode, not shut down the whole drama.🤦‍♀️ Good grief.
7 2
Replying to The WONDERfools • May 25, 2026
Replying to deleted comment
Usually male actors use the military as their way to escape a scandal and let things blow over (I bet agencies tell young actors getting into the industry, "Don't serve until the last minute in case you need to use it to escape the internet's scathing but short memory if a scandal blows up" 😅). The timing in that sense couldn't have been more perfect for him, and I'm sure he'll bounce back in no time after he serves his time in the military.

Koreans really can't abide scandals, but I think the way public figures get blacklisted before due process has the chance to verify their actions encourages them to hide better, not BE better. You just have to avoid all appearances of badness and you'll be fine over there. I don't know why they still put their actors/idols/public figures on such high pedestals. Everyone gets SO nasty, SO fast when their true colors surface, but come on, folks! Celebrities have money and fame, so OF COURSE they're doing shady things. The ones who aren't are the exception to the rule, not the other way around.
1 4
Replying to sulkytofu • May 25, 2026
Title A Splendid Match Spoiler
I agree with other excellent comments that outline how the plot, pacing, and narrative structure and changes of…
Do the leads survive to the end and do they end up together?
0 0
Replying to Nachtz • May 25, 2026
Another drama where one of the protagonists does something absurd and is convinced by the power of friendship.…
For me, the power of friendship never gets old. 😉
4 1
Replying to KhushiJain • May 25, 2026
Okay, I loved it as much as I loved Uncanny Counter, more of this type of series.
It's slightly less creepy (the exorcising part in Uncanny Counter always kind of gave me the heebie jeebies), and more stylized. I think this is visually way more fun and interesting than Uncanny Counter.
0 0
Replying to amanu35 • May 25, 2026
Title The WONDERfools Spoiler
He kissed her so she could teleport to safety+ her bucket list
I think the kiss served two purposes. The ML kind of admitting he had a thing for her and giving into the "I actually secretly like helping people but pretend like I don't" part of himself while also knowing it would probably make her teleport so she could get to safety. But when she comes back to help him he pulls her close against him like he doesn't want to lose her and they look very smittenly and shyly at each other. That cemented that he had a thing for her (and the back hug at the very end).

I liked the little nods to romance and thought it didn't overshadow the story, but instead enhanced it in small ways.
1 0