He's sort of a scoundrel, but I kind of like Lu Feng rather than Shu Wenbo for Xiao Xia. Shu Wenbo is just so dense and emotionally constipated, Xiao Xia should just move on. π
Xu YanShan--why does she only wear an earring in her left ear, but not in the right? It's driving me nuts because it's so aesthetically distracting, like someone forgot part of her costume. I can't focus on the scenes with her once I noticed. Does she thinks she's a pirate!? π
It doean't help that her character's starting to annoy the heck out of me, haha. I'm on Episode 8 and I am hating the way she's crossing professional boundaries with Chief Shao. π¬
2026 :C-Drama π K - Drama πGoing To Watch This 2nd Time ..
I actually haven't seen any good Cdramas trending recently (which is unusual). Pursuit of Jade was obviously greatly loved, but besides that, which from 2026 are good?
Did you guys know that Cha Eunwooβs name is being heavily censored like heβs Voldemort by parts of Korean…
Of all the scandals, a tax scandal? π Not saying it's okay, but which rich person doesn't try to sidestep paying taxes? It's like the most obvious celebrity sin (and in a lot of ways the most innocuous, compared to what other famous people get accued of). I am confident most rich people are doing some version of this and just haven't been caught yet.
When I sign up to watch actors and entertainment, I do so knowing that most of the people I'm seeing on screen are probably pretty shady when no one's watching, and they just haven't been exposed yet.
I'm never shocked when scandals surface, because fame + money + power = corruption.
I think there are very few exceptions. π
Do investigate by all means (and if guilty, punish), but blacklisting before being proven guilty is not cool.
I think it's crazy how scandals (spread through online hearsay) can absolutely ruin a public figure's career in Korea. And having a person's career ruined before they've even been put on trial and investigated does not punish bad people and inspire other public figures to integrity, it incentivizes getting better at hiding the bad things you're doing because they know they world turning on them is not based on due process, it's based on rumor and gossip and scandal. It's got to be such a suffocating way to live.
are we supposed to ignore the Un-Jeong lifespan issue? Wasn't he supposed to die? What happened to that? lol
Yeah, I guess if he keeps his use of powers to moments where it's absolutely necessary, or maybe it's connected to the length of time he uses them at once (like how the brainwashing girl's hair went gray so quickly because she was using her powers to a crazy extent)? It is kind of a loose end, though.
Very slight, but I thought it was tastefully done, and pretty cute. Though, there is a hiccup that has turned…
The ML deeply wants news of his mother (who he can't remember for sure if he's ever known her), and I think he feels bad deep down for his fellow "siblings" (and himself) who got experimented on as they (and he) are all experiencing increasing side effects from their powers due to the experimentation) so at one point after he seems to be warming up to the FL and her friends, he decides to turn her over to the doctor who's been doing the experimentation so she can be used to find a cure for them and because he knows the doctor wants her heart/blood for his experiments (knowing there's a good chance she'll die (that's another spoiler which I don't think needs to be said here, but it has to do with the FL's connection to another friend of his (unbeknownst to her) who was experimented on in the past as well who the ML is looking for)).
He is presented as a morally gray character from the beginning, so, while it was shocking and awful, it wasn't necessarily out of character, and the show does a good job of making where he's coming from pretty clear. He DOES redeem himself, but some people found it unforgivable despite his actions afterwards. I thought it worked because of how they'd presented him all along, and because of some of the spoiler-y details about the FL that gives him hope she'll come out alright that I'm loathe to ruin, and because he does eventually come to his senses and make it right.
I thought the romance was just the right amount. Subtle and light, without overshadowing the plot and character's arcs but enhancing it and making the connection between the FL and ML more meaningful.
Looks good, and i love the ML and FL in romance dramas. I'll definitely watch if there's romance. Is there romance…
Very slight, but I thought it was tastefully done, and pretty cute.
Though, there is a hiccup that has turned some off from the ML, and I will put it as a spoiler below (it's a big plot twist, so read at your own risk).
So, Chae Ni is grandma Kingβs real granddaughter and she was sick so grandma King invested on that lab human…
I'm not sure (I don't think the show explained her motivations clearly/well), but that sounds plausible! I'd like to think she didn't really know exactly what he was doing in great detail.
I think the FL had always been sickly. Grandma had funded the wunderkinder project when she was a child (for somewhat unclear reasons, I think? Han Do accused her of acting selfishly but she said it was "to ease the suffering of the children"--though maybe it was also to explore a cure for Chae Ni as she might be "one of the children" (without knowing how bad the experiments actually were)? It's still unclear to me how much she was aware of what was actually going down--had she ever been in that lab? She couldn't have been there and also thought that was happening was "for the children").
After the explosion caused by the ML, Grandma helped find the surviving children without powers new homes, but the Child Of Eternity, while having an eternal heart, had experienced irreversible brain damage so they decided to give his heart to Chae Ni, who was essentially dying due to her heart.
It seems the heart kept her alive but did not reverse the effects of her disease and illness (somehow) or her body never accepted the heart until she died. Then it seemed to imply that the heart after resurrecting kind of restarted her whole body (alongside the chemical in the dump that gave her powers), and she got a new lease on life because the eternal heart was reactivated. That's kind of how my brain interpreted what happened. π
While I am a bit conflicted, I might have to put this one just above Nirvana in Fire 1. I watched NIF-1 first…
Oh yes, I completely agree. I think this is an absolute gem, so incredibly underrated. I can't believe the ratings for it!
Pingjing is also my favorite. He has such a great character arc, and is so humble. But the whole Changlin clan is just fabulous. Such a great family of humans!
Is this good? Who is the most powerful and is there romance? Need good kdrama right now because previous kdramas…
Lots of fun! Very funny, with a unique sense of humor (kind of has some dark humor at points), and the tone gives you whiplash constantly, but such a fun romp with lovable characters.
All four of the characters with powers since childhood (Pal Ho, Ju Ran, Ho Ran and Un Jeong) are kind of equally powerful in their own way. The characters who get their powers in the show as adults will get there eventually but are new to it so they're not as practiced or experienced.
It doean't help that her character's starting to annoy the heck out of me, haha. I'm on Episode 8 and I am hating the way she's crossing professional boundaries with Chief Shao. π¬
When I sign up to watch actors and entertainment, I do so knowing that most of the people I'm seeing on screen are probably pretty shady when no one's watching, and they just haven't been exposed yet.
I'm never shocked when scandals surface, because fame + money + power = corruption.
I think there are very few exceptions. π
Do investigate by all means (and if guilty, punish), but blacklisting before being proven guilty is not cool.
I think it's crazy how scandals (spread through online hearsay) can absolutely ruin a public figure's career in Korea. And having a person's career ruined before they've even been put on trial and investigated does not punish bad people and inspire other public figures to integrity, it incentivizes getting better at hiding the bad things you're doing because they know they world turning on them is not based on due process, it's based on rumor and gossip and scandal. It's got to be such a suffocating way to live.
He is presented as a morally gray character from the beginning, so, while it was shocking and awful, it wasn't necessarily out of character, and the show does a good job of making where he's coming from pretty clear. He DOES redeem himself, but some people found it unforgivable despite his actions afterwards. I thought it worked because of how they'd presented him all along, and because of some of the spoiler-y details about the FL that gives him hope she'll come out alright that I'm loathe to ruin, and because he does eventually come to his senses and make it right.
I thought the romance was just the right amount. Subtle and light, without overshadowing the plot and character's arcs but enhancing it and making the connection between the FL and ML more meaningful.
Though, there is a hiccup that has turned some off from the ML, and I will put it as a spoiler below (it's a big plot twist, so read at your own risk).
After the explosion caused by the ML, Grandma helped find the surviving children without powers new homes, but the Child Of Eternity, while having an eternal heart, had experienced irreversible brain damage so they decided to give his heart to Chae Ni, who was essentially dying due to her heart.
It seems the heart kept her alive but did not reverse the effects of her disease and illness (somehow) or her body never accepted the heart until she died. Then it seemed to imply that the heart after resurrecting kind of restarted her whole body (alongside the chemical in the dump that gave her powers), and she got a new lease on life because the eternal heart was reactivated. That's kind of how my brain interpreted what happened. π
Pingjing is also my favorite. He has such a great character arc, and is so humble. But the whole Changlin clan is just fabulous. Such a great family of humans!
All four of the characters with powers since childhood (Pal Ho, Ju Ran, Ho Ran and Un Jeong) are kind of equally powerful in their own way. The characters who get their powers in the show as adults will get there eventually but are new to it so they're not as practiced or experienced.