Details

  • Last Online: 25 minutes ago
  • Location: In deep space.
  • Contribution Points: 323 LV3
  • Roles: VIP
  • Join Date: January 8, 2022
  • Awards Received: Finger Heart Award2 Flower Award5 Coin Gift Award1 Lore Scrolls Award2 Reply Hugger1
Replying to Frost_edelweiss • Jul 2, 2025
哈哈哈 !!! Thanks for correction. I let the Nasty Internet bug swallow a character, perhaps thinking it was…
The show was picked to be honored with an award in 2025, so it's not just a few who liked it, but let's hope more people will enjoy it ! :)
0 0
Replying to k8cathy • Jul 2, 2025
A minor correction: the name Halan in Chinese is 哈岚, not the 岚市. 岚市 is the end of three character…
哈哈哈 !!! Thanks for correction. I let the Nasty Internet bug swallow a character, perhaps thinking it was a fun twist to play on me and readers (oops, sorry!!!) while tiredly copy-pasting from my Companion piece, as a "summary and afterthought" of what I had written there, already thinking about another drama I was busy watching! So, now, I'll be quickly going back to edit the longer sentence part in which the dismembered name appeared in the review, inserting the missing character ;D

I do know what 市 shì means... But yes, all readers may not know. [Just nitpicking: a sentence usually has a verb, so 哈岚市 is not a sentence, but just the name Ha lan city, as seen on a sign board in a train station, or a direction shown on other signs.]
Sometimes I fail at being as meticulous as I ought to be. I am mostly "lazy and whimsical", viewing reviews as a chore , and I don't spend too much time on drafting such, besides which I dislike doing the necessary proofreading of those drafts carelessly posted. Sentences may come out weird then, in addition to mistypes marring text: even partly carbon based deep space aliens like me, toying with languages I used for a long while in my various incarnations, may dysfunction in some details, 23333 嘿嘿.... )

I am glad and honored that the longer sometimes rambling Companion piece helped you, for your translating the show into Russian! Do you do that in a team for Viki or another platform?
1 2
Replying to yume97 • Jul 2, 2025
Title In the Name of Blossom Spoiler
ADD ep 1-2 .srt eng sub https://subsource.net/u/2001062 enjoy :)and HAPPY CANADA DAY!!! YAY ^^I love the first…
thank you, catching up ;)
1 1
On Romance Out of the Blue • Jun 28, 2025
The movie is not awful; Guan Xiaotong and Xia Yu are really cute, colors are nice, there are lots of fun moments, but the story was flimsy and nonsense, just pastime, despite the interesting idea of portraying a daydreamer, and despite director is a minor celeb from the "5th-6th generation" : Ning Ying, who studied with Zhang Yimou, Chen Kaige, went to Italy film academy and worked wit Bertolucci on his 1987 The Last Emperor, reaping an award at the time. 6.5/10 from me.
Watched on YouTube where some music, sadly, was cut away for the dance of the stewardesses.
0 0
Replying to Cho Na • Jun 28, 2025
Sorry, I've been busy writing articles for my website. Updated now as of 8 June. Will look for the good links…
Thank you Cho Na. So LYN's up to 128 OST songs released now, aside from his other songs and covers... This man never sleeps! He lives for sharing music and acts, I'm diving into A Dream With A Dream that's a sort of anthology of winks to favorite tragic or epic dramas (One and Only, LLTG...) reenacted within the story.
Thanks for keeping track of the songs on our behalf in this list here, and to those who send latest news and lists. ❤❤❤❤❤❤
2 1
Replying to Valgaaft • Jun 28, 2025
Ask For a Thousand Years (问千年) - The Lost National Treasure (2025)Sharp Moon (烽月) - The Prisoner of…
❤❤❤❤❤❤
0 0
On Perpetual Motion • Jun 23, 2025
This is a movie directed by another lady (there were several) in the class of '82, "fifth generation" of Chinese directors, Ning Ying 宁瀛, a classmate of Zhang Yimou and Chen Kaige.
0 1
Replying to Frost_edelweiss • Jun 22, 2025
The movie was shown on June 11, 2025, at the Chinese Cultural Center in Paris, which took part in the showing…
Just came across the news of the Nashi (Na Er Na Xi) scandal; anyway I had not paid that much attention to her role as Deng Chanyu the female general, in that part of the projected movie series. But it is sad to think that perhaps her behavior (stupidly bragging about having cut corners with the Chinese education system) may affect the movie and its sequels. This is more or less breaking news : we shall see how it evolves in the summer.
0 0
On Nashi • Jun 22, 2025
Person Nashi
Wow, I had not paid much attention to her Deng Chanyu female general character when I watched Creation of The Gods I - she is supposed to be more important in CoTG II. But now, I wonder if I will be able to see the complete series of movies.
Na Er Na Xi is crashing down with a huge scandal apparently, involving cutting corners with the education system and particularly being so stupid she bragged about how she cheated the system! Enough to have a full investigation launched into her background, privileges, and misuse of those. And enough to perhaps be canceled and cause all the projects she had a finger in, to be canceled too!

She isn't even young enough for the matter to be seen as a peccadillo such as borrowing a mom's earrings to flaunt impossibly expensive jewelry to brag about status (that other young actress is still reeling from backlash that dragged her whole family into unfavorable limelight). Whatever talent they have, when such lack of discretion and poise happens, the celebs get awfully burned, get a lot of haters who linger and boycott, gun down everything they touched in China. Sometimes, movies and dramas now have to be reshot or face swapped by AI and anyway, the stain stays, touching not only culprit but whoever was unfortunate enough to work with them.

If there is even a shred of truth, that will mean CoTGII and more dramas and movies will be swiftly made unavailable, and many people will scold her badly, as they already have started to do at promo events... This is worrying, although of course less than the the world miseries out there, from which dramas and movies help lessen the weight on minds.

Let's hope the rumors are over inflated or better, untrue in all allegations, and that she can sue to be vindicated, and save the work of others together with hers.
1 3
Replying to cinnamon • Jun 20, 2025
Title Catman Spoiler
Ok heres one link eng sub I can say its not best quality lies between 480p - 720p But if you really wanna see…
probably better : https://kisskh.do/Drama/Catman/Episode-1?id=3632&ep=80275&page=0&pageSize=100

Not all old movies are archived there, but some still are... Anyway, can't see them all, can I. Just putting the link here to remind myself it can be watched, after I'm through with the latest drama from SWL. (Ill omen!)
0 0
Replying to nar379 • Jun 16, 2025
So, Grandpa and his ginormous fish finally bring the couple together, LOL! This was a cute, somewhat choppy in…
Thanks for the tip. I was wondering about the BGM if any. Will check this out ;)
1 1
On If You Are the One • Jun 12, 2025
Screened at the 16th Chinese movie festival in Paris in June 2025 (with French subtitles).
I totally agree with Penel's assessment below.
0 0
On Romance of the Western Chamber • Jun 12, 2025
A very old classic movie of 1927, silent and in black and white, showing its age at times, watched in movie concert at the 16th Chinese movie festival in Paris in June 2025. One side note : the play this movie is based upon is the "forbidden" love story book that Lin Daiyu and Jia Baoyu are reading together in A Dream of the Red Chamber in the classic Chinese novel.
1 6
Replying to Kween • Jun 12, 2025
Title Feud Spoiler
Why is he looking for a concubine? 🥲😂
To tease her like a kid trying to get her attention back? 😂😂😂
He clearly was not seriously looking for one. He was just bored alone while she was away, and finding a temporary distraction.
3 0
Replying to asphyxia • Jun 12, 2025
Title Feud
currently watching the livestream, literally sooooo good and im just eating🍉
I think discussing the live stream (https://weibo.com/l/wblive/p/show/1022:2321325176377837224018?mark_id=followtopweibo)
is in order here, sure. Liked the small dance clip extracted. Also found the spontaneous singing a capella the theme song together by ZSX and BL was cute.

But why not keep comments about Keep Running S13 on the page reserved for it? (I'm ok with cross referencing here and there if useful.)
https://mydramalist.com/788926-keep-running-season-13
0 0
Replying to deejells • Jun 12, 2025
Title Feud Spoiler
So i want to know if i fully understand everything BJS met LQY at the beginning and sort of knew she was his wife,…
Perhaps, if you have time and your interest is now sufficiently awoken, you ought to go back to start and watch attentively. The side characters are not just decoration. They are woven into the story and its complications, and the time line is not linear. LQY is not who she seems to be in the first episodes, where, let's say everyone thought, justifiably, that she was "too good to be true as a waif fallen in love at first sight with a random white haired powerful guy who saved her." In fact, several,of the characters are not who they seem to be. It is revealed piecemeal, so just fast forwarding will only get you totally lost.

It is a nice drama that is not as simple as first thought. Therefore, jumping to conclusions from a vague synopsis and a few spoilers, trailers, skewed previews, or speeding through part of first episodes to deliver peremptory judgement, cannot justify an appreciation. Besides which, gunning down the show because "Bai Lu is not a professional singer" or "there are voice actors" is totally dishonest -- things a certain critic and many haters use because of their own agenda.

If you strongly dislike xianxia, are fundamentally an impatient person who focuses only on one actor/actress, simple stories, have no time.... , ok, zap to other watching. Why not have fun with short and predictable vertical dramas (they are fun too, I enjoy them on and off, not going to blame anyone for their varied tastes if they switch to such!!)
If not, just enjoy Feud as it should be.
1 0