• Last Online: Jul 17, 2019

Sawatdeedrama

Sweden
Miss Baek
Dec 26, 2018
This movie is bold, dark and incredibly touching.

Everything from the dialogue to the cinematography was perfectly executed.
The use of silence truly brought out the character's emotions and took it to a whole other level. Sometimes less is more when it comes to dialogues, especially in a movie like this.

Han Ji Min is amazing in this movie and makes Miss Baek feel like a complete and real person. You can really feel her pain. Her character is very believable which is extremely important when dealing with such a dark and hard subject.

The rest of the cast also did a great job, especially the child actress. Your heart will break when watching her. To know that these things actually do happen in real life is sickening, but that's also why books and movies like these are so important! We can't close our eyes when it comes to child abuse.

If you want to watch a great movie that will move you to tears you should definitely watch this!

Eternal Love
Jun 24, 2017
Eternal Love has gained a lot of fans, love and 10 of 10’s, being one of few who liked the drama but not wholeheartedly loved it, I thought a review could be a good idea.

First of all, Eternal Love is a very good drama. It keeps you engaged and you’re almost never bored. You care for the characters and even if you don’t like some of the characters, others will most certainly capture your interest and heart.

The CGI is pretty awful, especially when it comes to creatures, but after a while you get used to it and you stop thinking about how fake everything looks. You start to enjoy the story for what it is instead.

The storytelling pace is close to perfect almost all the way throughout the drama, except for the ending that is extremely rushed. Major parts of the ending feels like quick fixes and you don’t get a chance to really grasp what’s happening emotionally. For me the ending was to 90% a disappointment.

I also think that the main characters Ye Hua and Su Su/Bai Qian can be rather dull at times and boring to watch. The actors were great and most of the time their story was entertaining enough, but not enough to make my heart beat for them or care.

I know that Ye Hua is a good person, I liked him to some extent, but some scenes when he tries to be intimate med with Bai Qian I think he’s bordering to rape or at least sexual abuse. She tries to leave, he holds her against her will, kisses her even though she tries to stop him and looks incredibly uncomfortable and so on. Some scenes when they’re in bed are the same, he’s very pushy and persuades her to be more intimate with him.

The evil antagonists in the drama are very square, predictable and lack real personalities. It’s okay though because their sole purpose is to make life hard for the “real characters”, but it would’ve been nice if they were at least a little bit interesting.

With all of that said, for me the drama was good. I watched it mostly because of some of the side characters and the story itself, and that was enough to keep me interested to the end. It’s definitely worth a watch!

Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds
Feb 22, 2018
Overall “Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds” is a good movie and it’s easy to imagine why so many love it. Unfortunately the great concept they had going was lost in a so-so story and a main character that you, as a viewer, don’t really get to know.

But even though it has some major flaws, I kind of like it, I would be lying if I told you otherwise. So here’s some reasons why it isn’t an amazing movie, but why it’s still worth the watch.

The first half of the movie feels a bit flat in my opinion. The main character is put through these trials that are somewhat repetitive and don’t really engage you since he feels like a stranger, empty and lacking a clear personality. A problem that persists throughout the whole movie. It’s hard to care about the outcome of the judgments when you can’t really connect with the characters.

Another thing that is off putting with the trials, is the fact that they never get exciting or serious. You never feel nervous for the outcome because of how predictable and silly they are. I still, as I wrote previously, love the concept though.

In the second half of the movie you get to know all the characters a little better, better but not well enough to make them feel like 3-dimensional, full characters. Even though it’s still very predictable, you want to see how the story unfolds and if you are a crier like me, you might even cry a little. I must say though, that the comedy and the tragedy in this movie isn’t that great. They play on your emotions in the most typical ways and often fail.

What I really like about the movie is the CGI. Almost every setting and fight was nicely done, something that is rare for these kinds of movies. The great surroundings truly make the movie come alive.

So all in all, I think that they could’ve made the movie a lot better and way more interesting if they wanted to, but at the same time it is an enjoyable movie and totally worth the watch. At least if you are into things like the afterlife, reincarnation, angels and Gods. I know I am, but are you?

Just because a movie isn’t amazing or flawless, doesn’t mean it’s not worth the ride, so don’t let all the not-so-great stuff prevent you from watching this nice movie.

House of the Disappeared
Jun 17, 2017
“House of the Disappeared” is not a masterpiece in any way, but it's still pretty awesome! It’s a remake of a Venezuelan movie from 2013 which I haven’t watched, so I had no expectations whatsoever when watching the Korean version.

I wouldn’t call the movie a pure horror movie, it’s more of a mystery movie with elements of horror, thriller and family. The focus is more on the family relations and a mother’s love, rather than the horror I would say.

The storytelling can be low-key at some parts, but it never gets boring or slow in any way. The way the story unfolds fits the movie perfectly.

Short summary: The movie is about a woman who is imprisoned for 25 years because of the death of her husband and the disappearance of her son. When she is released she goes back to the house where everything happened to find out the truth about that night.

The twists and turns at the end really enhanced the movie experience for me, and it also affected my ratings a lot. It’s not the most mind-blowing twists out there, but they’re still good. Some parts are quite predictable, while others came as a surprise to me.

If you like mystery movies, I recommend this one!

Hide and Seek
Jun 29, 2017
“Hide and seek” is the Chinese remake of the Korean movie from 2013 with the same title. For those who enjoyed the original movie, I can recommend this one!

This version is not as good as the Korean one, but it’s still a good movie with a creepy atmosphere that makes you feel engaged from the very beginning. It’s very intense from start, but unfortunately loses it towards the end.

My biggest complaints about the movie is the lack of depth and feelings in the characters. They feel very flat and emotionless, which makes you indifferent to what happens to them. The story itself gives good reason for strong emotions, especially in the main character played by Wallace Huo, so it’s such a shame that they didn’t manage to do that.

All in all, it’s an enjoyable movie, especially for those of you that like thrillers.

Suddenly Seventeen
Jun 17, 2017
Your typical time-travel romcom movie with a refreshing and new feel to it.

The plot was so so. A very typical “the main lead has lost herself and her way in life, but finds it again”-plot. With other words, it’s easy and nice to watch, time flies and you’re left with a good feeling inside when it ends.

Ni Ni’s acting skills was great and very believable. She’s really one of the things that makes the plot work for me.

The romance was a disappointment. Long story short, I don’t think that the main male lead or the second male lead was worth her. The main male leads feelings were very relatable, but his actions anything but okay. I can’t say more because then it would be spoilers. So let's just leave it at I didn’t like his personality at all. It all just felt off.

What made the movie sweet and a little bit different from other time-travel movies, was the relationship between the young and the old Liang Xia. I really liked to see Liang Xia find herself again, after being lost for such a long time.

I’m not a fan of the ending, but it’s okay. Some parts I really liked about the ending, so it didn’t ruin it for me.

With that said, it’s a nice, not so deep movie, that’s totally worth a watch if you need something uplifting and easy-going!

Dark Figure of Crime
Dec 27, 2018
This movie is nothing new under the sun, but it's still a great thriller.

Kim Yoon Seok and Joo Ji Hoon are so damn good in this movie that their characters almost feels like fully fleshed out people. Even if the story isn't that unique or surprising by itself, following the characters in their cat and mouse game still makes it exciting. It's been a long while since I've last seen a serial killer this interesting and convincing in a movie. Joo Ji Hoon's acting is phenomenal here.

This is not a movie that will keep you at the edge of your seat, but you will not be bored for even a second!
So if you ask me this movie is definitely worth a watch if you are into crime and thrillers.

The Great Wall
Jun 21, 2017
"The Great Wall" didn’t really deliver much except for a decent, all too simple story and some good actors wasted on dull characters. The concept was pretty interesting but fell flat because of the shallow characters and boring, overdone storytelling style.

You never really care who lives or dies, if the wall would fall or the entire capital for that matter. Even though there’s a lot of great actors in the movie, you can’t really tell because of how lacking the movie is. There’s no real build up between the main characters and their friendship, which once again fails to make you engaged in the story. This makes all the dialogues throughout the movie oddly empty, like they’re reciting it all before filming the real deal.

A lot of scenes didn’t make any sense, especially some of the action scenes that obviously wasn’t well thought-out, but solely made to look good on the screen.

With that said, if you need a flat and easy action movie to watch a Sunday night I won’t stop you! There’s a reason why I gave the movie 4,5/10 instead of 1/10.