• Last Online: Feb 11, 2019

LeejLicious

The Netherlands
Train to Busan
Sep 13, 2016
If you want the story, the actors, magnificant screenplay and feel your heart skipping a beat? Don't miss this great movie!!

This is one of the best zombie movies in the world. Yes it all has the same old same story, its lighthearted. But not all movie directors can make it so perfectly like they did here. The actors were amazing, all of them. I said 'wtf' troughout the whole movie, I could feel my heart pumping, heck, I am even sweating!
The music added so much emotion and tumult in this movie. It has the loads of action, thrilling scenes, gory parts and hair-raising parts troughout this movie.

Why am I so ridiculously excited? The good pacing of this movie, you get sucked into it the minute you watch it. The actors whom all did an excellent job, they were convincing, Ma dong Seok is like always the freaking badass. Everyone had their time and story in this movie. The CGI was greatly made and the actors of the zombies felt so real, the nasty bone breaking scenes and blood everywhere. The music added so much tension in everyscene.

I would rewatch this movie any day and I do think this will be one of first Korean movies to be seen around the globe, because here in my home town, where they never heard of Kdrama land, now knows about this movie.

A 100% must watch!

Way Back Home
Sep 12, 2014
This is an incredible movie!
The story itself it very dark because it is based on true events (and partly fictional). So the story in this movie is unique. But because of the fact that it is based on true events it wil emotionally move you. I cried, sat on the tip of my seat, held my breath and I could feel the despair and anger.
The cast did an amazing job. It was almost like they were the ones who had been trough this all. Their emotions were acted in an excellent way.
The music they had chosen fit every scene.

I think everyone should watch this movie. It has suspense, drama, romance and so much more. It is definitely not a waste of your time, please watch this movie!

Coin Locker Girl
Jan 18, 2016
This is not a pretty story, this will let your heart sink.

This movie amazed me, the trailer looked good and the movie delivered it! The story isn't unique but they worked it out greatly. It kept my attention from start untill finish and I was blown away. Every minute in this movie will make your heart sink deeper.
The acting was amazing, the mother (kim hye soo) delivered it and acted top notch! She convinced me and did a splendid job. Also the rest of the cast were brilliant.
The music was perfect and fitted every scene.
I would rewatch this movie with friends, I really enjoyed it

Watch this if you like action, a good storyline and great acting.
Skip this if you want romance and don't like blood.

May 18
Aug 27, 2013
This is an amazing movie.
The acting is superb. I believed everyone, and how they reacted to the situations where so real. Sometimes in movie you'll think 'Hell no, nobody would respond like that'. Well in this movie they will show you how you really would respond in such situation.
You are going to feel with the characters. You will sometimes smile (tiny funny parts in the movie, but they are really acceptable) and in others you will hold in your breath.

The story is sad, really, really sad because this is a movie based on a real event. And when you didn't know about this (me from the EU) you'll get interested in the movie and will do some investigations, at least I did.
But in the movie, I'd loved some more background information, maybe that would have made the movie better.

Anyway this is a really good movie, you won't regret watching this!

Black Butler
Jul 2, 2014
This is a great movie, let me explain you why;

The mansions, the little decorative things on the set and the costumes. This all is already luring you in this movie. The actor's were nice, but they could have been better I think. I did like the expressions Sebastian made and he always kept his cool. On the other hand Kiyoharu not, sometimes I was a litte confused about this character. But overall they acted well and they sucked me into the story.
If you've seen the anime or manga this movie might dissapoint you but if you didn't you'll sure to like this movie.
They portreyed the story good and I felt there was never a dull moment in this movie. I loved the action parts; they were very well executed and didn't look too fake at all. Also they managed to keep a mysterious vibe in the movie and there were some plot twists.
The music is the best part in this movie. It was perfect. They fitted every scene and when you'll see it in combination with the music you will get in that mysterious vibe.

So you should watch this if you like a fighting scenes, plot twists and a good story.

Cold Eyes
Nov 18, 2013
Wow! I am amazed that nobody reviewed this movie!
They story is not anything new, but I loved the way the executed this movie, and it really stands out. You get sucked in the first seconds you watch this movie. There is NEVER a dull moment! So in the 2 hours you'll be guessing, sitting on the tip of your chair and you might encourage some characters.
The acting was amazing, the fact that they could suck me in from the first till the last seconds is very good! I thought everyone precisely fitted their character.
The music helps a lot to build up some tension, and I recommend this movie to anyone who likes action, a good story, suspense and tension!

Always
Jul 24, 2013
This movie is really amazing, cute and it will make you smile. But you will endure some moments of anger, despair and at the end you'll hope and praying that something is going to happen.
This movie feels heart warming and this isn't a waste of time.
The story is good and the actors are believe-able. You'll feel with both actors and you are going to understand them both. The music does fits every scene and might intensify your emotions.

This movie is a def. watch and also a def. rewatch, I'd recommend it to anyone to watch this and let this movie lead you.
The Magician
Feb 13, 2016
A mixture of titanic, disney and magic, they made it work!

The story is quite common, but the story around it isn't, I so loved the magical touch to this story, it made it really interesting! They managed to keep me hooked from the beginning trough the end of this movie. The surroundings were gorgeous, the clothing was beautifully made and the decor is interesting. There were some funny parts, that I found really enjoyable.
As someone that comes from Europe and has zero knowledge about the Dynasties in Korea I so find the usage of costumes so interesting!!
It would have gotten a full 10/10 if there was a bit more action, it had some but it was stuffed into 15 tiny minutes, I hoped they played that out a bit longer, it would have wrapped up the story a bit better in my opinion.
The actors did a splendid job, from the minor ones to the two leads, whoms connection I felt troughout the whole movie.
The music was perfectly chosen in the scenes and I surely will rewatch this movie.

Watch this if you like romance, magic, humor and historical movies.
Skip this if you like full on action, blood and dislike romance.

Okja
Jul 19, 2017
You won't be prepared for this movie and this might give you some anime-like (Hayao-Miyazaki) vibes.
The story is marvellously written, in the movie the topic that was handeled can be seen in the real life food industry and that makes the story utterly sad. It is an unique movie, because it is realistic in a certain way.
The story picks up fast and in the last hour it leaves out no time to proceed fast, I wished they stayed on some scenes longer to give more of an impact but that is just a minor flaw in my opinion.
The cast was amazing and I really appreciated the collab between Korean actors and American ones. It was difficult in the beginning because Jake's acting was too much, but that is the way Bong Joon-Ho produces its movies and I am happy he stayed true to himself.
The music was beautiful at certain scenes, not all of them.

Overall I really liked this movie, certainly ones that impact me (it left me crying) but also made me think about the food industry. In my opinion I don't see this as a propaganda but as a supernatural movie with a deep message, it makes a valid point.

Watch this and you won't be dissapointed, try to look over the over-reacting actions from some actors but see the message behind this movie.

Perfect Proposal
Sep 4, 2015
I loved this movie!!
The story is unique and they exectued it perfectly. It has suspense, romance, drama and it offers you so much more. The setting is actually realy simple but all the details made it great! I felt all kinds of emotions and I so freaking love plot-twists and this movie just has it all for me!
The actors were so convincing. I loved the main leads but also every single supportive role. They lived up their role and I've never doubted them once in this movie.
The music gives you the right vibes with every scene, they fitted nicely in the scenes.
I would rewatch this movie! It has just all the themes that I like and they did is quite perfectly.

Watch this if you like suspense, drama, romance and plot twists.
Don't skip this movie, I think it really is a must watch.

The Tower
Jul 29, 2013
This is a really good movie. I was really surprised! This movie will play with your feelings, and sometimes you even forget to breathe! You'll forget everything around you and it feels like you are in the movie, it sucks you right in.
I was scared to see horrible fake scenery but it didn't the special effects were amazing!! The person who was responsible for the special effect is a true master!
What I loved the most in this movie was the fact that it played in different perspectives. How people react, how people act and how they were, it's a real eye opener.

This movie might make you cry and smile at the same time. It's got a little bit of humor in it, just a tiny bit and I appreciate it.

I gave it a 7 on the story because some things might be somewhat unrealistic, but that is just a tiny mark. This is a good rewatch and this is a movie that will pump some adrenaline trough you vains, I recommend you to watch this!

Empire of Lust
Jan 18, 2016
If you want too see the ass of the main leads this is the movie for you.

This movie actually doesn't have a story, they tried it by throwing in some political stuff, which was quite incoherent, it was all about the erotic scenes to be honest. It just doesn't flow and it is lacking almost everything, from character development and loads of movie mistakes.
The actors tried, I am amazed that they didn't turn this offer down because they should. How could they read the script and thought 'lets do this'. No, they should have declined it.
They tried it, and their butts and bodies looks amazing but that should not be the main theme about this movie.
The music was fine, but I would not rewatch this movie, it was a waste of my time.

Watch this if you want to see (hot) naked men and bloody scenes.
Skip this if you are looking for a movie with a coherent story, full character development and great acting.

The Witness
Jan 4, 2016
The witness is based on the korean movie Blind.
I write this review, while having seen both of the movies, at the end I will write a little comparison between the two.
The story is quite attractive and unique if it is your first time to see it. I loved how they could come up with tiny twitst and turns. The story overall was good but not great, it had some flaws.
The oscar should go to the dog. Seriously, Chong Chong was a amazing actor in this movie and so cute too! I liked the two main leads, it is so hard to portray a blind person, so she did a amazing job on this one. But I so didn't feel the connection between the two main leads, and that killed it for me because it could have been so much better. What I eventually really liked was that there was no romance involved, yay!
I liked the music, because.. well we all know why :P.
There sadly was much promotion during the movie for certein brands, that also what I really disliked.

In comparison to the korean movie Blind, I was less involved with this movie. With Blind I really felt with the main leads and dog. Also Blind was wrapped up way better than witness, but I could understand where they were coming from. Overall I didn't disliked witness, but I just liked Blind better for the overall story and character development.

Watch this is you like action, drama, thriller and dogs.
Skip this movie if you are looking for romance.

The Witch: Part 1. The Subversion
Dec 12, 2018
Yes, this what I was looking for: mysterious, thrilling and new flavour into Korean movies.

It's a mix of everything, but be warned it is bloody! When the movie started they all ready had me sucked into it. I had questions, was intrigued by the format and loved it all the way.
Why? It had serious dark vibes, I love movies that make you think and wonder, questioning the main leads every move. the scenery was well done, the build up was even better, but I do think they lost some of it during a too long scene in the movie which was quite bloody.
I do find that they have picked very well fitted actors for the roles, nobody seemed too out of place and I loved Kim Da Mi and this movie might be a step up for more roles for her, she did great!
What also helped the movie was the well fitted music. It was building the tension immensely!

Watch this: if you like thriller/action movie with a dark tone and a twist here and there.
Skip this: Only if you don't like blood, if not, just give it a try.

Brain Man
Oct 14, 2013
This movie is great!
It has a good story that has a lot mystery in it, so you keep wondering and asking. Also this movie never has a dull moment. Or it's packed with action, thrilling scene's or there is some kind of drama going on. And I loved the little twists in the movie!
The acting was very good, and especially from Ikuta Toma! I was really surprised about his acting skills (and body, just kidding)!!! He didn't had many lines in this movie, but he made this film is own!
But in little ways this movie lacks some information about the extra characters, I'd liked the story more when there was more information, but this might killed the mystique part in the movie.

Overall a movie with action and some drama that is worth your time to watch!