That's weird that this sageuk is presented everywhere as a rom-com sageuk with such main poster. It doesn't give…
20 episodes, for me indicates that they will be cover a large political/mystery plot point and have a developed romantic comedy aspect as well. Think Strong Woman Bong Dong Soon.
For those coming to the comment section now that the show is over to see if it's worth the 8hour watch time, short answer is yes, it's worth it. Lee Dong Wook is in every episode with 6 & 7 being from his POV prior to the events of episode 1. Even though the show is starting with his funeral, rest assured he is one of the main characters of this story. There is more than enough room for a season 2, but it ends season 1 in a good place story-wise that you wont want to burn everything down. If you have any questions about something that would be a spoiler just ask and I'll answer under a spoiler tag.
I honestly feel like dropping this especially after this week but then I won't know what happens hahaI wish people…
I keep a journal of the shows I watch to remind myself what happened in each episode. Even logging what was going on in episode 10 I had to stop at the 40 minute mark and take a break. I haven't picked it back up again. I just, for some inexplicable reason, didn't think that rape was on the table for this episode. It was jarring and honestly made me sick. I think it was the fact that it was false sense of him getting himself out of the situation only for him to wake later to find out, nope the person he cared for the most raped him while he was drunk.
Season 2 needs to be the "present day" time frame of season 1, but from Jeong JinMan's POV as he hunts down Bale and Babylon while they have their guards down and are focused elsewhere. If there were any loose ends those scenes can be a new "present day". There is so much potential for storylines. I know there is an IP for this, but I'm not sure what happens in the OG story. Even just walking us through the trap that JinMan and Pasin started to form 14 years ago. Wouldn't be shocked to find out that Lee Dong Wook already filmed all of the missing POV scenes for a season 2. Also if Jian doesn't punch her uncle after he pulls an Easter resurrection move I'm going to be disappointed in the writers and the character.
I swear if one of the first scenes from season 2 isn't Jian beating the shit out of Jeong Jin Man I'm going to be so disappointed. Yes, she loves him. Yes, she's happy he's alive. But that kind of plan, no matter how needed to get Bale's guard down, is fucked up and he deserves to be punched in that beautifully alive face of his.
I feel like season 2 could focus on the present day(two-ish weeks or so) from season 1 showing it from JinMan's POV, as we only got to see one part of his plan/trap for Bale. Starting from Jung Min attempting to hack into the shopping mall site for the first time. That would have alerted JinMan that Babylon might have reneged on their deal. For all I know they already filmed everything for a season 2 and decided to split the footage into 2 distinct seasons to create conversation around the show. Like Netflix did with The Glory part 1 and part 2. JinMan was injured in the last scene. He would have needed to pay his old boss' family a visit, and get behind Bale now that he was facing toward Jian and the shopping mall instead of watching his back. There was about a week before the Jian sees him in the morgue/funeral home, and I think it was the 3rd or 4th day that the battle takes place in season one so JinMan had about 2 to 4 days to play ghost of Christmas past while everyone's guards were down. We also have the week prior while Jung Min is being the least subtle spy known to mankind. And the full trap plan that was started 14 years prior. They have a lot to work with just in past scenes, not to mention they could still have things to finish in a new present day for season two. I would like to see JinMan struggle over the choice to make Jian like him a little more as well. We saw glimpses, but I feel we need to see him go back and forth with his choice over the years as he becomes more decided in his plan and confident in Jian's abilities to survive.
Damn I knew it Jinman gonna be alive. Also I think there could be a seoson 2. No, they must do a season 2. Why…
JinMan was definitely fighting someone at the same time Jian, Brother, Pasin, and MinHye were fighting at the house/shopping mall. He was freshly injured in the last scene. While Babylon thought he was dead he could have snuck in a back door, so to speak, now that Bale was showing his tail. Bale or the director could have gotten away to continue a new present day scenario. Season 2 can show the present day week from season 1 in JinMan's POV and a new present day showing them hunting down the anyone that might have gotten away. If the Director/JinMan's old boss from Babylon took his grandson under his wing like JinMan did Jian, it could also continue the story in that manner. Honestly, whether they end it here or continue on with the bits left out/future of the shopping mall, these 8 episodes were soooooo good.
What about Bale? And what happens with Minhye? Where Pasin take her? Babylon will stop attack Ji An? How Pasin…
Jeong Jin Man was freshly injured at the very end. So season 2 could cover another battle that wasn't show between Bale and JinMan. Bale might have survived again, and season 2 could be actively hunting him together with flashbacks to the whole trap plan that Jin Man had put in place to get Bale to show his tail i.e. his fake suicide.
I think, in season 2 is where will the real battle begin ☺️
Yeah, or we'll get to see that while Jian was dealing with the people at the shopping mall Jeong Jin Man was dealing with Bale and the Director(his old boss) in person. Hence why he looks a mess in the last scene with fresh blood and wounds on his body. I think that he knew she would either handle it on her end or take the exit plan he put in place. But he still needed everyone focused on the shopping mall and Jian, not him. That way he could get closer to Bale. I really loved the show so I hope we get a season 2 with more from Jian, Jin Man, Brother, Pasin and Min Hye. The cleaning crew at the end was a nice touch. Also, totally called that the detective and bus driver were in on it in some way. (the people playing the characters are too known to me to show up for less than 2 mins imo)
BoA from only one is unrecognizable what has she done to her face. It has been a long time since I saw BoA in…
I've seen her in the more recent SMTOWN & colab stages/MVs but I had thought it was just a different make-up technique. But with a drama & closer steady close-ups I realize she must of had some things done in the last 2-3 years. I have a vivid memory of watching a music show live(on stream) around 2015ish & seeing a girl group that I didn't recognize & thought they were a new rookie group. That was until I read the group name in the corner. Every single member looked different, drastically so, from their previous comeback. To the point all of their charms were gone. I felt really sad about it. They were beautiful before & looked unique, but now they just looked like everyone else in Gangnam. Recently I've been seeing this happen more & more with Idol actresses from 2nd & early 3rd gen. Angain they are all still beautiful, I just miss what made them standout, but I guess what was considered a flaw to them.
If you are not sure how you felt about it, be silent and ask sometime to gather your thoughts. Don't run your…
He is giving her space as her ex never did. Also he feels like he could never truly have her anyway because of his future death, and possibly wanting to take her fate for her aka being murdered by MinHwan and SooMin. Like his sister said, his default is robot. He is suppressing his emotions so that he can react calmly to everything & is letting JiWon work through her emotions. He's witnessed her shutdown when overwhelmed & doesn't want to cause her more pain by overly pursuing the issue/misunderstanding with her when he himself doesn't yet know how much of a threar YuRa will be to JiWon. If he knows how psycho she is aint no way he's going to be hanging around JiWon painting a giant target on her back when the lazer is already locked & loaded.
I haven't seen BoA in a drama since I think 2010ish, in her Athena cameo. I saw her in episode 11 & thought 'no, that can be BoA.' Then she spoke & i heard her voice & had an 'Oh Shit' moment. At certain angles she looks like the BoA that I have in my memory, but the little tweaks really changed how her face looks to me now. She in no means looks bad or anything, just different from what I had gotten used to. I so torn, cause I loving seeing her outside of competition/variety shows again, but dear lord will I be glad when her character exits stage left.
Isn't that rape? The queen raped the King's bodyguard? Wow.
THANK YOU! I was coming to say this cause I'm 40mins into episode 10 & just sitting here in abject horror. Like, seriously, what the ever loving fuck.🤢😫
Yes everything you said. The only difference is I'm hooked to another (maybe 2) drama. 😊
Knight Flower is another one I'm really enjoying but for some reason everytime i try to sit and watch it in peace someone is either trying to talk to me or needs me to make them food. The death stare i sent my mom when, after explain who each character is & how they are related, she asked another question at a curcial part....🥹😒😮💨 They have fully pulled the uno reverse card on me now Im in my 30s & they're in their 70s. Mom if your lurking in the comments, you know i love you....🥰
This and 'A Shop For Killers' are the only shows right now that I'm watching that I'm 100% glued to the show & not wanting the pause to scroll on my phone or do other tasks. I find myself kicking my feet like a little kid because some of the scenes are so cute. Then the next scene I'm punching my fist in the air like I'm watching an intense football match screaming "GOOOOOOAAAALLLLLLL" when another win happens for Ji Won. Love it. If you are debating whether or not to start watching this just do it already. If you aren't hooked in & ready to throw down for JiWon by the end of episode 2, I dont know what to say other than this show just isnt for you. So do it, you know you want to. Your other "plan to watch" shows can wait.
Lee Dong Wook is in every episode with 6 & 7 being from his POV prior to the events of episode 1. Even though the show is starting with his funeral, rest assured he is one of the main characters of this story.
There is more than enough room for a season 2, but it ends season 1 in a good place story-wise that you wont want to burn everything down.
If you have any questions about something that would be a spoiler just ask and I'll answer under a spoiler tag.
Season 2 needs to be the "present day" time frame of season 1, but from Jeong JinMan's POV as he hunts down Bale and Babylon while they have their guards down and are focused elsewhere. If there were any loose ends those scenes can be a new "present day". There is so much potential for storylines. I know there is an IP for this, but I'm not sure what happens in the OG story. Even just walking us through the trap that JinMan and Pasin started to form 14 years ago. Wouldn't be shocked to find out that Lee Dong Wook already filmed all of the missing POV scenes for a season 2. Also if Jian doesn't punch her uncle after he pulls an Easter resurrection move I'm going to be disappointed in the writers and the character.
For all I know they already filmed everything for a season 2 and decided to split the footage into 2 distinct seasons to create conversation around the show. Like Netflix did with The Glory part 1 and part 2.
JinMan was injured in the last scene. He would have needed to pay his old boss' family a visit, and get behind Bale now that he was facing toward Jian and the shopping mall instead of watching his back. There was about a week before the Jian sees him in the morgue/funeral home, and I think it was the 3rd or 4th day that the battle takes place in season one so JinMan had about 2 to 4 days to play ghost of Christmas past while everyone's guards were down. We also have the week prior while Jung Min is being the least subtle spy known to mankind. And the full trap plan that was started 14 years prior. They have a lot to work with just in past scenes, not to mention they could still have things to finish in a new present day for season two.
I would like to see JinMan struggle over the choice to make Jian like him a little more as well. We saw glimpses, but I feel we need to see him go back and forth with his choice over the years as he becomes more decided in his plan and confident in Jian's abilities to survive.
Season 2 can show the present day week from season 1 in JinMan's POV and a new present day showing them hunting down the anyone that might have gotten away. If the Director/JinMan's old boss from Babylon took his grandson under his wing like JinMan did Jian, it could also continue the story in that manner. Honestly, whether they end it here or continue on with the bits left out/future of the shopping mall, these 8 episodes were soooooo good.
I think that he knew she would either handle it on her end or take the exit plan he put in place. But he still needed everyone focused on the shopping mall and Jian, not him. That way he could get closer to Bale.
I really loved the show so I hope we get a season 2 with more from Jian, Jin Man, Brother, Pasin and Min Hye. The cleaning crew at the end was a nice touch. Also, totally called that the detective and bus driver were in on it in some way. (the people playing the characters are too known to me to show up for less than 2 mins imo)
I have a vivid memory of watching a music show live(on stream) around 2015ish & seeing a girl group that I didn't recognize & thought they were a new rookie group. That was until I read the group name in the corner. Every single member looked different, drastically so, from their previous comeback. To the point all of their charms were gone. I felt really sad about it. They were beautiful before & looked unique, but now they just looked like everyone else in Gangnam. Recently I've been seeing this happen more & more with Idol actresses from 2nd & early 3rd gen.
Angain they are all still beautiful, I just miss what made them standout, but I guess what was considered a flaw to them.
Like his sister said, his default is robot. He is suppressing his emotions so that he can react calmly to everything & is letting JiWon work through her emotions. He's witnessed her shutdown when overwhelmed & doesn't want to cause her more pain by overly pursuing the issue/misunderstanding with her when he himself doesn't yet know how much of a threar YuRa will be to JiWon. If he knows how psycho she is aint no way he's going to be hanging around JiWon painting a giant target on her back when the lazer is already locked & loaded.
I so torn, cause I loving seeing her outside of competition/variety shows again, but dear lord will I be glad when her character exits stage left.
They have fully pulled the uno reverse card on me now Im in my 30s & they're in their 70s. Mom if your lurking in the comments, you know i love you....🥰
I find myself kicking my feet like a little kid because some of the scenes are so cute. Then the next scene I'm punching my fist in the air like I'm watching an intense football match screaming "GOOOOOOAAAALLLLLLL" when another win happens for Ji Won.
Love it. If you are debating whether or not to start watching this just do it already. If you aren't hooked in & ready to throw down for JiWon by the end of episode 2, I dont know what to say other than this show just isnt for you. So do it, you know you want to. Your other "plan to watch" shows can wait.