In the novel, what is their relationship actually called? It started at one night stands and turned into a real…
Mr Man was more tightly shut off than a jar of jam I’m trying to open when I have been starving whole day… Ms Girl thinks emotional abuse is an endurance sport! He literally only positively changes in the last few chapters of a 135ish chapter novel but not entirely. He is controlling, telling her how to dress, berating her as a temptress for even mundane interactions she has with other men in her life, keeps using the fact that she loves him to control her in every situation he desires… if you were objectively reading the novel you would want her to leave him within the first year of their “relationship” which the Eng translated version keeps referring to as “fuck buddies” or “friends with benefit”. He realizes he also has feelings for her towards the end of the sixth year but still can’t change how he treats her. Like every man on earth, he thinks he is so logical but has been using emotional logic all along without realizing it
This novel is basically what every girl in a toxic relationship dreams of: her love changes the guy! If only a…
SZT has a good character progression in the novel. I am not feeling Sun Qian as SZT at all. She is beautiful but I dont see her doing justice to the transition of the FL from naive/meek to fiesty and holding her own against a powerful ML. I guess she definitely has advantage of being a Harbin local if that helps with promotion of drama in mainland it at all...
This novel is basically what every girl in a toxic relationship dreams of: her love changes the guy! If only a little bit, LOL.
Do I agree with the FL enduring this shit for 10 whole years? No. Is part of the reason I enjoyed it because the ML is described as ridiculously hot and handsome? Yes. Would I have had a different reaction if the ML were average looking or ugly? Absolutely. Do I still want her to leave his ass at the end? 100%.
The ML was seriously lucky she had the patience of a saint, because the whole “constantly seeking validation from the person you love and never getting it” thing gets old really fast in real life.
Like, girl, I support your love story, but I also support your self respect and exit strategy had you really stuck to it. 😂
Yes like he didn’t go out there to play right? And even if he was with you that won’t stop the miscarriage…
Yeah, I feel some of these commenters have not been married or pregnant or lost a child. And its Ok, I also had very strong opinions about these topics until I went through some of these myself. Resentment in marriage leads to a lot of crazy behaviour, even the nicest people can become toxic and petty towards each other. And to your point, family support means so much in these trying times and can break or make a marriage.
I thought this was a horror genre based on the poster and the title! So I started watching it and was waiting for one whole episode for something "horror" to happen lol... I even saved it to watch it during day time, I feel so stupid. Should have checked MDL genre tags. SMH!!!
The only horror are the wigs as others mentioned in comments...
Let it die. The stupid trope of abroad studies. A plague in cdrama and Kdrama. It’s basically a filler that…
Also why do they act like there is not means to communicate or visit in study abroad scenario? Phones exist, planes exist, why make such a big deal out of it? Is this the 1800s where they have to take boats and write letters that would take a few months to deliver?
i think he did offer to go with her but she refused because shes 'too dependent on him' and he 'prioritizes her…
That still doesnt explain why they had to break up? They would already have physical distance between them. Like I said, plenty of people date and study at the same time, no one becomes a hermit like that. Unless you have visa issues, I hardly know any international student who doesnt go home to visit friends, family and partners.
Also, its not like either of them stopped thinking about each other due to distance.
What kind of F all end was that? When will writers stop making character decisions so stupid. Did they really have to break up? He came back from USA didn't he? So he cant go to Canada in a period of two years to visit? Is she not allowed to come back until she finishes the program? Plenty of people date and study, dramas make it seem like its impossible to do so.
They started the show with showing how intense their love was, only to end it lukewarm by creating problems where there were none. Also if they really wanted to make it practical, what Woo Su Bin said about learning on the job is far more beneficial than some program abroad. They should have just gone with that then.
I don't understand what's FTY role now ever since they entered their capital arc, cause she's just attending banquet…
I know! And why havent the ML and FL married yet, its like they just keep delaying. Wasnt that supposed to look bad since someone already commented you are 24 to the FL?
Ms Girl thinks emotional abuse is an endurance sport!
He literally only positively changes in the last few chapters of a 135ish chapter novel but not entirely. He is controlling, telling her how to dress, berating her as a temptress for even mundane interactions she has with other men in her life, keeps using the fact that she loves him to control her in every situation he desires… if you were objectively reading the novel you would want her to leave him within the first year of their “relationship” which the Eng translated version keeps referring to as “fuck buddies” or “friends with benefit”.
He realizes he also has feelings for her towards the end of the sixth year but still can’t change how he treats her. Like every man on earth, he thinks he is so logical but has been using emotional logic all along without realizing it
I guess she definitely has advantage of being a Harbin local if that helps with promotion of drama in mainland it at all...
Do I agree with the FL enduring this shit for 10 whole years? No.
Is part of the reason I enjoyed it because the ML is described as ridiculously hot and handsome? Yes.
Would I have had a different reaction if the ML were average looking or ugly? Absolutely.
Do I still want her to leave his ass at the end? 100%.
The ML was seriously lucky she had the patience of a saint, because the whole “constantly seeking validation from the person you love and never getting it” thing gets old really fast in real life.
Like, girl, I support your love story, but I also support your self respect and exit strategy had you really stuck to it. 😂
Resentment in marriage leads to a lot of crazy behaviour, even the nicest people can become toxic and petty towards each other.
And to your point, family support means so much in these trying times and can break or make a marriage.
The only horror are the wigs as others mentioned in comments...
Also, its not like either of them stopped thinking about each other due to distance.
They started the show with showing how intense their love was, only to end it lukewarm by creating problems where there were none. Also if they really wanted to make it practical, what Woo Su Bin said about learning on the job is far more beneficial than some program abroad. They should have just gone with that then.