• Join Date: March 6, 2017

anchorenomore

anchorenomore

Dark Blue and Moonlight
Dec 27, 2017
This story, will probably rile up some people and not in a good way. Where in HIStory many people loved the couples, here the leads are often not likable in the traditional drama sense. Hua Quin the main actor can come across as selfish, entitled and bratty, however, if you look beyond that, you will also see that HQ is vulnerable, easily convinced and often unsure of himself and his feelings. He battled depression and became the object of affection of two men, Yan Fei and Pin Jun. Their love triangle was more complicated with the fact that HQ fell in love at first sight with YF and vice versa and YF was already in a two year relationship with Jimmy his partner who suffered quietly in a loveless relationship; though he could have saved himself the heartache if he had loved himself more and ended the relationship when YF asked him to various times.

The story seemed rushed for the most part and there were a lot of plot holes that could have been easily answered if this series had been a bit longer, but overall it was a good story. I liked the way the director/writer played with the color blue to show that these characters were not your typical "innocent/naive/nice/arrogant/villain" typecast. HQ's depression, his indecisiveness, his vulnerability, his happy moments all came through thanks to the actor playing him (Aric).  I felt sorry for all characters and I liked that this drama didn't shy away from showing realities of love and relationships. The color blue also played a big role in the way the main characters interacted; whenever HQ and YF were in the same scene, it always seemed to have "lightness and blues" to show that they were truly in love with each other. While, YF and Jimmy's scenes were often "dark" as well as HQ and PJ.

Music wise, I LOVED IT. I downloaded the main song by MaxLin. It is such a great song and it fit the story well. Overall, if you aren't into the messy love hurts and you don't want to see the "nice guy" be hurt, then don't watch this. But, I suggest you give it a shot and see things from a different perspective. Love hurts, love isn't always kind and sometimes people don't get their happy endings, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be exposed to that.  Also, if you want to see some hot men kissing and touching, it doesn't hurt to watch this (come on most people are watching this for that anyways, don't lie)I for one loved this story, but then again I love messy complicated stories more than sweet ones. So, I hope my review helped some of you in some way.

What the Duck The Series
Mar 7, 2018
Since the series ended I will give my honest review on this drama. Long post ahead *warning: Spoilers*

WTD really is WTF but in a good and bad way. This story was entertaining while at the same time frustrating. IT;s the kind of drama you watch when there isn't anything else going on, but still find yourself enjoying it. I will admit that I wasn't going to give it a chance but I changed my mind when I watched the second episode, only because it felt refreshing and the actors were so good with their chemistry. It's a must watch in my opinion if you want to take a break from Thai BLs that focus on school boys (I want to burn those darn blue school shorts I swear) and watch something where the actors are age appropriate and totally believable.

Lets talk about the Couples:

Pop and Mo: The same trope in many BL-specially in Thai BLs. Where we have a couple where the girlfriend is annoying or totally incapable of accepting the reality that the relationship she is in, just isn't working and instead of letting it go on good terms, they want to force it. AT first I kind of like their relationship and totally understood why Pop wanted to keep his relationship with Mo going. He truly cared for her and she for him, no doubt about that. However, once their feelings started changing, Mo should have taken a hike and saved her self some headache---She even had a prince waiting for her (that is his name LOL). It's hard to let go of a nearly 4 year relationship, but they were not in the same boat after each had their own careers to think about.

Pop and Oat: These two were seriously cute from the beginning. Oat was at times such a jokester and annoying, but underneath all that was a very sweet boy who didn't have a clue what love truly was and falling for Pop was the best thing that happened to him. Through his weird friendship with Pop, he was able to right his life in a way and redirect his focus from gambling to other things. While their sweet moments were few and slow, I liked the progression because it felt natural instead of forced. Pop still isn't sure about his feelings for Oat, but he knows he feels something for the big jokester. With that said, be prepared for a SLOW progression of their so called relationship*you've been warned*

Pree and Rambo: Talk about dysfunctional relationships! These two take the cake. I have been very critical of these two because I allowed myself to be annoyed by fans of Art the actor and how they think his character was being "used and abused" and it was really disappointing to see how people can't differentiate between fiction and reality. Art may be the cutest thing on this earth, but the character he plays is one of the most manipulative childish characters I have ever seen. He not only did not stand up to his father in order to save his relationship with Pree, but he also went onto sleeping with different people and later exposed Pree to potentially transmitted disease and to top it off continued to lie about it to Pree. I have said that I live for messy relationships, but I ain't going to lie and say I liked this one too much. What I did like about their relationship, is that this happens way too often in real life and many BL dramas don't even bother touching on these issues. Pree is not without faults, but in this relationship, he gave Rambo lots of chances to not only come clean about his cheating, but also with saving their relationship. Some people commented on how he was a "fault" for his failed relationship and I just didn't see it that way. Both had faults, but

Pree and Pop--while I may be in the minority here (I do like them as an end game if that were to be the case), I don't think it should be right for Pree to go after Pop since Pop dated his sister. I understand that Pree was in love with Pop first, but it was his own fault for not taking a step in confessing at the time. Still, a tiny part of me would love to see Pree happy even if it isn't with Pop. If Rambo gets his act together *which doesn't seem to be the case based on that last episode*, then maybe I might root for them to get back together, but as it stands, Pree is better off alone and trying to find what it is he wants in a partner.

All of the cast had great chemistry .

Music: I really really love the OSTs...The beginning song is so beautiful when the actor who plays Oat sings it in the last episode. His voice is quite pleasing and the slow take on the song was a nice arrangement. The ending song is also really beautiful and has such a sad melody that you know it will probably foreshadow the real ending of the series. *If you have read the novel or seen the spoilers, then you know what I mean*

Scenery, themes, etc...It was so nice watching a drama that wasn't in a school setting or in dark apartments.

There is more I want to say, but I'm going to watch the two last episodes again cause I know I missed some things.

HIStory: Obsessed
Mar 6, 2017
ON the surface this looks like a typical cliche rebirth story; however, if one looks closely enough and understands the dialogue, you'll be surprised at how sweet and satisfying it truly is. The chemistry between the main actors was also a nice cherry on top to this drama. Often BL dramas are cringe worthy because of the "robotic" like relationship between the characters, but here you have two young men who truly try to convince the audience/viewer that they are attracted to each other and not just on the physical level and that kissing or touching does not make them want to pull away or react in a "I don't want to do this for longer than ten seconds" either.

Overall, it's a good drama. Did not give it a ten because it's too short. Hoping they get a second season.

Bai Mai Tee Plid Plew
Aug 22, 2019
This review is intended to offer you an opinion of what I thought about this drama. It is not intended to sway you in anyways.

SPOILERS:

OMG YES!!! What a satisfying ending to such an interesting drama. This drama is interesting to watch, but you must have an open mind. If you aren't into cheating, pseudo incest-relationships (that is Nira and her uncle-in-law kissing etc), gender identity/transgender identity, revenge for the sake of revenge, etc...you will not enjoy this. However, we should always remember that there are lessons to learn from dramas like this.

WARNING:

This drama deals with lots of human issues.
1) transgender identities/gender identities
2) cheating
3) domestic violence
4) Mental Illness
5) Suicide
6) Cross dressing
7) Niece (who used to be a nephew) falling in love with uncle-in-law

You name it, it has it. It was a very well acted drama and every single actor did well in bringing their characters to life. MY GOD, that young woman playing Nira was amazing. I have never seen any of her work, but I have read from others how good she is, and I must say she really gave Nira a voice.

My second favorite character, believe it or not, was her father. He was introduced as an abusive, narcissistic, shallow and bigoted person. He was for intents and purpose a character you hated through the whole series until before the last two episodes, where he was humbled by learning the secret of who Nira was. Yes, as a viewer we are led to hating such a person, but his entire flawed nature as well as his realizing how horrible he had been showed how much range and development that character had. He was brought down from his high horse so to speak. I really loved the way his character did a complete 180 and became someone I actually sort of felt pity for. True he was a cheater and abusive to his wife and child, but losing his son did hurt him in some way. And then to find out he was now Nira, but still lost her when she left, left him as a shell of a man.

I was also surprised with the aunt. She was so unlikable and really selfish, just like her brother, but it was sort of sweet how she took care of him in the end and how she also felt sadness for what she did to Nira. It doesn't completely erase how horrible she had been initially, but again just like her brother's character, she too grew and showed more sides of her.

I was completely HAPPY with the ending we got. I was all for Nira either being alone, but happy with herself, than together with her uncle. Their relationship was doomed from the start. IT was obvious.

Nira had some deep seeded hate and her mental illness did not help. She needed to find herself and who she wanted to be, before even thinking of having a healthy normal relationship with ANYONE. I am so glad, that despite her suicide attempt, the drama ended with her staying alive and learning to love herself.

Supporting cast was also great!

Fantastic cast.

Music was nice and nostalgic

Kiss Me Again
Jul 22, 2018
Okay, my review of this drama will only be about the BL part. I did not bother watching it for the other couples-(too many and some were annoying), so please keep in mind that it will only reflect some aspect of the drama. I'm sure that the other couples' stories were interesting (not to me), but I could not get into them at all. I tried and gave up and ended up just watching Pete and Kao's relationship.

Onto that part then. If you like BL dramas (I actually like any drama, but lately BLs have been taking over my life) then you will definitely like the way Pete and Kao's relationship evolves. It's the typical "I hate you to then I like you" story line, but it was nice to see. Pete's cockiness and his bad boy attitude wanted me to punch him at times, but he made it up with the way he would look at Kao, not realizing that he was falling for him. I also liked Kao's way of putting himself and his feelings first and making it clear to Pete that he could not play with him and his feelings. It was so refreshing to see a character that put their needs and feelings first in order to protect themselves.

Aside from that, I also liked the way the ex-girlfriend was not made into a villain in the end. She was a bit needed and manipulative, but she also had some moments were you could empathize with her and realize that people are not just bad, they can be good and they can also change for the better.

I still don't see how this series flows into Kiss me, because it seemed like here June was aware of Pete and Kao's attraction, but in Kiss me, he was totally clueless. We also didn't see much of Sandee who was the only person to know their relationship (what the hell happened to Sandee btw?) The fact that Pete's father found out, albeit though the evil scheme of the ex-girlfriend-was a good touch, because the boys had someone else on their side. I also believe that Kao's mother was hinting at her knowing they liked each other and it's nice to see parents support their children.

If you want to see the drama for just the BL, then you won't be disappointed (I suggest Lazysubber as she is the only one who has the BL parts in order and translated). If you want to see it for the other couples, then go head and watch it. This drama suffered from too many characters syndrome and I just couldn't commit to the other couples because they were not to my liking. Some of the pairings were super annoying from the bit that I watched and that's why I stopped following the whole thing.

Cons: MY GOD those long a&& commercial promos in the drama. Why were they always given to Pete and Kao? That soup company truly invested a lot of money into that drama. Pete and Kao spent on average two minutes just making that soup and slurping it--2 minutes we could have had of KISSING and fondling or something more...Ugg...Okay I'll stop now.

Theory of Love
Aug 17, 2019
This review is intended to be a personal opinion. I do not encourage or discourage people from watching what they like. It is intended to give you an idea of what to expect, but I always say, "watch and make your own judgement."

IF you like a series that has drama and gives you a heartache as well as headache, this is the one for you. Be warned, you will find yourself wanting to go through the tv or computer screen (what ever device you are watching this from) and shake all of the characters and yell "snap out of it" (thank you Cher!) I for one enjoyed the story.

Why the warning? Because...
This series it's frustrating, it's not fluffy, it can be annoying at times, but it's also funny, it's engaging, it tears at your most basic needs when it comes to love and unrequited love. The characters are so flawed that most times we either cheer for them or boo them. While some may find the premise of the story annoying, I'm actually happy that we got to see a different side of relationships. Not all relationships are stable, not all relationships are rainbows and unicorns, sometimes they are a bit toxic or imbalance in the sense that someone gives more than 50% while the other takes more from it. It was a well acted drama nonetheless.

Khai is an unlikable character in the beginning of the story. He is narcissistic, arrogant, self-centered and a man-who*re. But he is a college student who lives his life as he sees fit, regardless of who he hurts so long as he gets what he wants. Those attributes are a turn off for many viewers, but Khai is a character that does exist in real life. By the middle of the series, we still don't see what's so great about him other than his looks, but we are told to believe that he has some great redeeming qualities. It is why Third is in love with him. Which brings me to another point, WHY IS HE in love with Khai? We never really get to know this. However, Khai does start to show some good qualities, such as when he tried to not interfere between Third and An when he believed them to be together.

Third in the beginning of the series was a character many people empathize with and wanted to protect, but from my point of view, he was equally to blame for his own misery. He had plenty of reason to move on from his love from Khai (specially when Khai treated him like crap) yet didn't. But, this type of character again, does exist in the real world and some people have a hard time learning to love themselves enough to say "I'm better than this and I can find someone better than him."

CAST:
Gun as always takes on the character's story and gives it life. He is able to portray the flaws of the character excellently and you believe him 100%.

Off's acting has improved quite a lot from his previous works, While many may be used to his comedic side, it's nice to see that he can have range in acting. He portrayed an unlikable character quite well, evident by how many viewers did not cheer for him.

White: His character was a great supportive friend to Third. At times I actually said, "Third go for Two"

The rest of the cast did really well in driving the story along and while I would have loved to see more of the side BL couple of Earth and White, it's typical of Thai BLs to never truly develop secondary couples.

onto the Technical stuff
Cinematography: Amazing use of color, wide-shots, close shots, Etc. The team took great care in the way they filmed this .Music: Amazing music and great use of it in the drama. Did not seem out of place at all.
Inspiration: I really enjoyed that the drama was centered around classic romc-coms and that each episode was titled after those movies.

Cons: I didn't like the trope of the teacher and student relationship. It wasn't organic and just belittled both characters in my opinion.

Make It Right 2: The Series
Jun 12, 2017
I had high hopes for Season 2, but it's just not doing it for me. The acting did improve with some of the characters, but I can definitely tell that there is a lot of Pandering to the BL obsessed fans to the point that the story lines aren't developed quite well. Add to this that the one dimensional characters are getting more screen time than the more complex characters for the sake of creating "drama" takes away from what Season 1 had going for itself. Honestly, this series could have touched on so many topics concerning young men but chose to ignore real serious ones from Season 1. Overall, it's not a bad series, but it definitely lost the charm it had, at least for me.

Our Skyy
Dec 22, 2018
What a great Anthology of special episodes for each of the most beloved BL dramas in Thailand. An excellent way to fill in some plot holes for each of these couples. The creative team/director were smart in the way they divided the episodes for each couple, ending with Kong/Art (arguably one of the most popular ships in BL sphere).

Rating this by episode will be difficult for me, as I have a special place for three of these couples, but what really surprised me the most was the Tee/Mork Episode which I must admit---I stopped watching their drama at episode 6 because it was a total mess---. However, this special episode showed just how much potential these two have in creating a believable relationship. Their plot was cliche as can be, but it was still so well acted.

I will say that all of the episodes had the right balance of romance, angst, conflict and disagreements. It left me asking for more when it was over. I also enjoyed the little easter eggs (such as Puppy Honey being featured in Kiss me again) and how they mentioned things that these actors had done in real life--such as the Japan trip for Tay/New.

Music was good and the rewatch value is also good. I have repeated Kiss me again and Sotus three times already. I'm sure My tee will also be repeated because I just really enjoyed it. What a nice surprise.

Dark Blue And Moonlight Special
Dec 16, 2018
I had planned to review this a while ago, but totally forgot about it. Anyways, the continuation of YF and HQ's story broken down into 4 mini episodes. At first these episodes were such a great treat, because we got to see and know that they are still together and are still very much in love. I loved the way that YF just seemed so happy and relaxed, a total opposite of how he was with his previous partner---letting us the viewers know that he wasn't happy before but now with HQ he has found that happiness. Likewise, HQ also seems more cheeky and playful and not at all the depressed downtrodden mess that he was before. Alas, it is all revealed to be a dream that YF is having, a subconscious need to have HQ with him in his arms and in his life.

Despite this being all a dream, this only solidified to us that they are still together and that HQ has one year left of study in America. He has also traveled back and forth to be with YF so their love seems to only grow stronger the more apart they are. I had wished that at the end we could have gotten a small snippet/scene of HQ at the airport with his luggage ready to return to YF. It would have brought everything full circle.

I particularly liked that it was just the two of them in these episodes, because they didn't have that many scenes together in DB&M so that was another treat.

I wish for more from this drama, but I know that this will probably be it for HQ and YF. DB&M is a story not for many BL lovers because it is a really messy love drama that takes realistic liberties and you have to be ready to accept that people do cheat , some stay together out of "loyalty or indebted" and that often not everyone gets a happy ending or the happy ending they had hoped for.

HIStory2: Right or Wrong
Feb 22, 2018
As someone who truly enjoyed HIStory season 1-Specially Obsessed, I was on the edge of my seat biting my finger nails when the second season was announced; partly because I was afraid that it would not hold up to the hype of the original story. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the first of the two series- Right or Wrong was truly enjoyable from beginning  to end, mostly because the cast had great chemistry, the drama was enough to keep you engage and the ending was absolutely realistic.

Lets talk about the couple! Can we get an -AMEN! Finally a top/lead who is straight (no pun intended) forward about his feelings, his actions and doesn't give two Fs about society or what others think? Like seriously, this was a total turn on! Finally, someone who understands the pressure society can have on your choice of partner, but who was willing to say "screw you society and your societal norms, I love this man and I want him!" Often I watch BLs where the so called straight person who suddenly turns gay is not willing to admit their feelings much less fight for their relationship and wants to keep it a secret.  However, in this series we have the opposite and it was refreshing to say the least.

Love the second lead (I'm horrible with names, I'll come back to edit this later when I finally learn them all) specially when he declared to the ex-wife that Shi Jie(??) was his and that Yo Yo though technically hers, was still his too. I liked that he had doubts about his relationship because we got to see a more complex character. Usually characters like him in BLs are depicted as one-dimensional and I'm glad we got to see more about his motives for what he does or say!

Also, supporting characters-the friends. They were what you hope real friends are. Supportive, understanding, knock you on the head when you need it, give you advice you may not want to hear but really need to know...Etc. Best friend was amazingly supportive and no longer the side-girl who somehow in most BL dramas end up being the "other love interest" or the one plotting to sabotage the relationship. She was refreshing and sweet and cheered on her friend from a place of true support for him.

The ex-wife--The trope of all tropes when it comes to Straight men falling for gay men, and their straight female exes being the crutch to their happiness. Loved that her role was brief and that her own brother called her out on how manipulative she was being and unfair to her child and herself. As fast as she came, she was gone and that made me give this drama higher points, because I'm truly sick of dramas where they drag this scene out.

Music--Top notch, but I didn't find myself liking the choices as much as I did for the first season. Easy Chen truly ruined it for me because now I expect him to sing for every BL Taiwanese drama (LOL)

Setting/Directing/etc...everything was actually good

He's Coming To Me
Apr 14, 2019

A Sweet Supernatural Boyslove drama you will fall in love with.

He's Coming To Me is a supernatural drama about Mes, a young man who mysteriously died and is unable to reincarnate in a new life due to his unfinished business. As the years pass, Mes who lives in the cemetery and watches as the living visit their loved ones who have passed during the "ghost festival" celebration , meets a young boy [Thun/Than] who is able to see him. The two begin a friendship that lasts for several years, until one day Thun/Than doesn't come to see him. The two reconnect years later when Thun/Than is already in college. Thus begins an adventure in where Thun/Than is determined to find out how Mes died so he is able to reincarnate. Unbeknownst to them, the intricacies of their friendship and the mystery surrounding Mes' death, will eventually translate to them falling in love. The question then becomes: How can a ghost and living person fall in love and can they live together happily? or Will Mes be able to reincarnate?

This drama brings together the lovable Singto Prachaya with Ohm Pawt Chittsawangdee. Both are very well known in the Boys Love (BL) sphere for their dramas. Singto has played many different types of characters, but his portrayal of Kongpop in Sotus/Sotus S catapulted him to the top of the most sought after actors in Thailand and I would even argue in many parts of Asia. His acting range is not limited to the gay characters he has played, but when it comes to BL, any production team that hires him will not be disappointed. Likewise, Ohm is most famously known for his role as Frame in Make it Right the series, a character that has cemented him as an actor to look out for in future dramas. As a couple in this drama, both have undeniable chemistry and somehow they bring out the best in their acting.

The Script is amazing. Not having read the novel it is based on, my critique of it is limited to the drama itself. It is quite clear that the production team spent a lot of their time and energy in creating an amazing story for the viewers. The plot which is a combination of the supernatural and romance, has been set up quite well and it is highly supported by an amazing acting cast. The meshing of two time periods is also done fluidly--with elements from the late 1980s-1990s blending with the modern era through music, it creates a nostalgic feeling. Likewise, the cinematography creates this nostalgic mood by its use of tones and colors, specially in the sepia spectrum.

Acting wise, everyone does an amazing job. Singto and Ohm showed great range in their acting abilities. Singto has an uncanny ability to make other actors bring out their best when in his presence. He is able to steal a scene with just a look or even a small gesture. He is arguably the best actor in this drama followed by Ohm. The rest of the cast does a good job supporting the leads and driving the story along, though it isn't always needed since much of the story focuses on Mes and Thun/Than. There are various scenes where the viewers feel emotionally invested and both Singto and Ohm deliver it in such a way that it is easy for the viewer to relate or try to comfort them. Thun's friends add the comedic elements that break up the more intense parts of the drama. It is a welcomed change of pace and it is placed in the right moments. They also bring more depth to the story. Through their intervention, Thun/Than is able to come to grips with his inner battle and through their support he is able to truly be himself. Everyone is needed in helping to develop the main characters's stories as well as helping the story be successful.

I highly recommend this drama, specially when you have nothing more to watch in the mean time. I would wager that this is going to be on the best BL dramas to come out in 2019 and so far is on the top of my list. I also look forward to more acting projects between Singto and Ohm. They seem to have a great chemistry.

ALSO because I know this is a common question BL fans always have,; is this a happy ending? YES it absolutely is.

HIStory2: Boundary Crossing
Mar 30, 2018
Once again the HIStory production team did not let me down! This was such a great and sweet story from the producers. Anyone who knows me around here knows I SUCK at remembering names so forgive me if I can't write them properly or even try to.

ACTING: Spot on. The chemistry between EVERY SINGLE character was great.

The Senior and the Junior were amazing in the push/pull and they had me confused throughout the entire 8 episodes as to who was the top or bottom, which, meant the directors and actors did a GREAT job showing viewers that in gay relationships you don't always have to have SET ROLES. These two very well seem to be the type that switches and that's so refreshing to see in a BL drama. Can we talk about THOSE KISSES? Whoah, they give Bernard and Teddy a run for their money (though Bernard and Teddy are still the top couple to beat in the HIStory series in terms of chemistry and kissing...IMO)

The Senior and his sister: Super cute and I can relate as an older sibling myself. We would do anything for our little sisters/brothers even when they are annoying or impossible. However, it was also nice to see the sister support her brother in the end and actually go and talk to the junior.

The step-brothers: Although I am tired of the step-brother trope in mangas, I wasn't too put off by these brothers here. They were adorable and they had great facial expressions and played off each other's characters really well.

The team captain: MY GOSH what a great comedic best friend. He was sooooo hilarious and totally a character that people probably have in their lives.

The opposing team twins: Brief introduction to the series, but their antics were quite memorable. Kudos to the production team for playing with viewers when they had one of the twins take an eyelash from the other.

STORY: I have watched several dramas where sports are the main them, and I liked that Volleyball was the one they picked here. I used to play in a team as a kid so it was nostalgic for me. However, it was a backdrop for the romance, so it wasn't too central, which is okay. I also loved that it was a junior after a senior, usually we have the senior going after the junior.

Music: Both OSt were okay, not that memorable like the other HIStory stories, but it was still enjoyable.

Re-watch value: Easily see myself watching these episodes again. There was some things I missed due to some videos not being fully translated, so I'm going to repeat them after I find all of the subbed episodes and not just scenes of the episode.

Overall: really glad that this story was made and I hope that the HIStory team is able to produce more.

My top 3 HIStory stories
1) Obsessed
2) Right or wrong
3)Boundary Crossing

The Effect
This is a subjective review. It is my opinion on what I thought about this piece of work. You may agree or disagree with my opinion. I am not here to discourage anyone from watching anything, please follow your own instincts about what you would like to see.

Finally decided to watch the last episode. I was scared too after some of the warnings people were writing, but I was able to just suck it up (buttercup) and watch it. I'm glad I did.

If Rape, Bullying, Cyber-Bullying, gossip, rumors aren't your thing, then this drama isn't going to be on your list of must watch. This drama also deals with societal and family pressures (especially in Asian culture) I will say prepare yourself mentally to watch some scenes that might trigger something.

This was an emotional filled roller-coaster of a mini-drama. It was a bittersweet reality check that often doesn't get told in the BL world. Statistically, women and girls are abused and raped at an alarming rate, however, for men and boys those numbers are not a clear-cut because majority of them do not report their abuse and rape. The ramifications of such violence against a person, be a woman or a man, is so far reaching that it doesn't end just when the act is done, but the effects are felt for years. This drama touched on some of the traumas that victims go through, such as; shame; guilty, depressions, suicidal ideations; isolation, anxiety, PTSD etc. It also showed how some people still view rape as "business as usual" when Keng's parents believed that the offense could easily be fixed with money. Now, while some may frown upon Shin's acceptance of the money, I believe that him the victim, should get to decide how he wants to cope with his victimization.

Characters were well portrayed by the actors. The story itself was really good and I was pleasantly surprised when finally a heavy topic such as rape and assault was not glamorize or romanticized as a trope. It was handled very well. I felt despair for these characters.

I also loved that the directors and writers highlighted without putting in our face, what a healthy relationship could be...Pramote and Bright were the opposite of Shin and Keng. Though we didn't see their development, there were subtle hints that they cared for each other and Bright's personality and how he put Keng on notice about his sick behavior showed that Bright would always have Pramote's well-being in mind, unlike Keng. We get caught up with the violent and psychotic nature of Keng and Shin's story that we almost missed the point that there are healthy same sex relationships as well.

I really feel that this drama wrapped up what can happen with people in such situations in a realistic way. Though the ending is not what I had hoped for, not having clarity as to what happens is better than what the books this is based on tells us.

I don't see myself watching this again. Once is enough for me, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a good series...it was and that the actors and the team behind it really did their best to give us an in your face not glamorized series about topics that are often taboo or brushed under the rug.

Bangkok G Story
Sep 17, 2018
I'm a big fan of this type of silly everyday comedic story involving BL. IT isn't the greatest dramedy (Drama+Comedy) out there, but it's something that helps entertain you when you have nothing to do or watch.

Cast: For the most part, everyone was attractive, funny and actually looked their age. Often, I watch BLs where the actors are extremely young playing older characters or the other way around. Though it is clear these boys are new to the acting world, they weren't too bad. Like someone else mentioned, lots of awkward acting/pauses.

one thing for sure, they were not shy at all to do play or pretend for the sex rated parts.

I liked that they touched on various subject matters such as; cheating, jealousy, trust and loyalty. I liked that there was something for everyone, from switching roles in the bedroom, to crushes and naive clueless characters. I was one of those people who was rooting so much to T and G from the start and was quite surprised when he ended up with B-whom was the least mature of the three amigos. It was also refreshing to see a Top (T) who could put aside his ego to please his love B though B was an A*hole for pulling the tricks he pulled.

Overall, it's an okay silly drama. Lots of eye candy for sure and lots of moments when you have to cackle out loud with how ridiculous the situations these boys find themselves in. Some of it is outrageous but totally believable. It reminds me a lot of Diary of a Toosie with how silly they are, but they also can handle serious subjects well. I also love the friendship between the boys and how they look out for each other.

I say watch it if you want a good laugh and want to look at hot men.

Senior Secret Love: Puppy Honey 2
May 14, 2017
This drama was horrible. There was so much potential but I don't know who dropped the ball on this one. Three of the actors in this drama are so good in others but I did not feel the chemistry at all. Ugg like another reviewer said, save yourself from watching this. I had really hoped to like it but even after watching it two times to understand what was going on I was still left wondering "what the heck did I watch?" Just like my bad romance this drama deviated so much from what could have been a sweet story.