But Toa is not a green flag in the beginning, he is more a red flag forcing Junxi...That's what I did not like…
Toa was definitely manipulating the situation but I wouldn't call his behavior red flag. I don't think he forced Junxi. I think Junxi needed help realizing his true feeling for Toa. That's why his parents already knew they were in love even before they bacame an official couple. Remember what Junxi told Toa in the last flashback " I'll give you all of me".
I really am a fangirl for this series. I'm a sucker for 2 green flags. Its my favorite thrope / storyline.
Your are correct, the young actors did an amazing job. I'm not a flashback fan, but these flashbacks made sense because they had an emotional impact and provided important context to the story.
Also liked the parents thinking they were a couple 1 year before thier relationship begins.
I don't think there was time to explore the GL relationship properly so the writers just didn't go there. 30 minute episodes doesn't leave much room too tell the leads love story and build a decent love connection between the GL couple. In my opinion they made th right choice. If the episodes were 45 minutes each then the GL couple relationship could have happened and that would have been the cute?
Well you found some redeeming factors to rate this series a 5.
I didn't like it at all. I rated it a 2.5 because to me it's 2025 and if that's the best story you can produce, than don't do it.
BL fans deserve better. The writing was weak, the acting and chemistry between the leads was below average, the intimacy scene was just awful. (I missed the wedding kiss, but I can imagine it was probably bad.) 🤣
I rarely drop series, normally I'm invested enough to finish a series, but not this one. Everything about was lazy, no effort.
Kill to Love as ended. I just loved it, from beginning to the end. Everything was perfect and thoughtful. The actors, writers, and directors delivered a magnificent story of love, obsession, betrayal, and romance. The series had all the elements of a great series. I never thought I would see a show like this from China. A Historical BL series with real intimacy between a M/M couple and a happy-ish ending, groundbreaking series indeed.
Thank you so much for agreeing with my review. It took me a long time to write, so your words really mean a lot…
Awe. I read all your reviews. I otfen find your reviews well thought out and well written.
I write reviews and struggle to convey what I what to express, so I just keep my reviews simple and modest. But most of the time I have much more to say. 😁
So I know how difficult it is to write quality reviews.
Great review. I agree Kill to Love is not just another BL series. It sets a new standard in historical BL dramas. Previous attempts by other content creator's pale in comparison.
Side note I think 2025 has been an amazing season for the entire BL industry. Several shows have been ground breaking and game changing.
I am worried about GMMTV because in my humble opinion they are missing the mark and falling behind other production companies.
I agree with your review to the point I don't need to right a review. Your spoke so eloquently and touched on all the great aspects about this series.
After watching episode 9 I understand Xiao Shu He position. Of course I would love to see Duan Zi Ang and Xiap Shu He find love again but in the real world that would be nearly impossible.
So the plot point in episode 9 is pitch perfect. I'm excited to see if the writer's, director, and actors can bring about a resolution and reconciliation between the two of them that is believable.
I loved see Dia too. I'm so happy for him. He did good.for his fist acting job. I also liked Hiro character a lot. His character is what hooked me on this series. Very likeable character. To me this was more of a story about 2 people getting to know each other and fallling in love. Under the guise of revenge but like you stated it was obvious they were going to stay together.
Mostly, "Boys in Love" was nice at least for me :)
We share that opinion too. I enjoyed Boy's Love, those young actor's were too freaking cute. Im looking foward to thier next series,
Im holding my opinion of My Magic Prophesy until the end because this is JiimmySea last BL series together. I think Sea is leaving the industry but I'm only speculating.
All in good fun, I must protest your proclamation regarding that this "Memoir of Rati"was the most romantic series this year. That title goes "Reset". You are entitled to your opinion. I'm just having fun banter with you. 😁
We are in agreement. Thus series was bland. The lead couple's characters were so boring and hopeless. Poorly written series, I knew they weren't going to stay together after episode 2.
I watched because of AOUBoom. I wish they would get thier own series. GMMTV is missing the mark this year.
I lost interest this after episode 8. I thought the story was creepy. Gross 70 hetro with 20 something gay man. WTH were they thinking. 🤣🤣
I watched to episode 10 waiting for the gradson to return to his body, by the time I finished episode 10, I was nolonger invested. Your 4 rating was generous. 😁
I'm watching the series on Tencent Streaming service in United States. I have a VIP Account and Tencent is still charging $5.99 for the entire series. They are getting very greedy. They charged $1.99 for Knock Out Special episode too. I might cancel my subscription.
Your are correct, the young actors did an amazing job. I'm not a flashback fan, but these flashbacks made sense because they had an emotional impact and provided important context to the story.
Also liked the parents thinking they were a couple 1 year before thier relationship begins.
I don't think there was time to explore the GL relationship properly so the writers just didn't go there. 30 minute episodes doesn't leave much room too tell the leads love story and build a decent love connection between the GL couple. In my opinion they made th right choice. If the episodes were 45 minutes each then the GL couple relationship could have happened and that would have been the cute?
I didn't like it at all. I rated it a 2.5 because to me it's 2025 and if that's the best story you can produce, than don't do it.
BL fans deserve better. The writing was weak, the acting and chemistry between the leads was below average, the intimacy scene was just awful. (I missed the wedding kiss, but I can imagine it was probably bad.) 🤣
I rarely drop series, normally I'm invested enough to finish a series, but not this one. Everything about was lazy, no effort.
I write reviews and struggle to convey what I what to express, so I just keep my reviews simple and modest. But most of the time I have much more to say. 😁
So I know how difficult it is to write quality reviews.
Side note I think 2025 has been an amazing season for the entire BL industry. Several shows have been ground breaking and game changing.
I am worried about GMMTV because in my humble opinion they are missing the mark and falling behind other production companies.
After watching episode 9 I understand Xiao Shu He position. Of course I would love to see Duan Zi Ang and Xiap Shu He find love again but in the real world that would be nearly impossible.
So the plot point in episode 9 is pitch perfect. I'm excited to see if the writer's, director, and actors can bring about a resolution and reconciliation between the two of them that is believable.
I also liked Hiro character a lot. His character is what hooked me on this series. Very likeable character.
To me this was more of a story about 2 people getting to know each other and fallling in love.
Under the guise of revenge but like you stated it was obvious they were going to stay together.
Im holding my opinion of My Magic Prophesy until the end because this is JiimmySea last BL series together. I think Sea is leaving the industry but I'm only speculating.
I watched because of AOUBoom. I wish they would get thier own series. GMMTV is missing the mark this year.
I watched to episode 10 waiting for the gradson to return to his body, by the time I finished episode 10, I was nolonger invested. Your 4 rating was generous. 😁