So I have finally completed this drama. I expected that kind of ending, as a fan of time travel stories. Most people would think that it was all for nothing since the story was erased but I have another theory.
Let’s say that Time with a capital T is a sentient entity. Min Ju, SI Heon and In Gyu weren’t supposed to die young. There was a Time Bug in the first timeline and in its will to change the past, Time created a time loop until the problem was solved. Also Si Heon and Jun Hee were always supposed to meet and fall in love. Those are like… fixed points in time (those who have seen Doctor Who will understand). But somehow as I said, a bug in the Matrix happened.
First timeline : everything started with Min Ju, who is probably neurodivergent on top of being depressive, when in the first timeline, she committed suicide. After that, either In Gyu committed suicide too or he accused himself of killing her and then committed suicide. And Si Heon had this bus accident and either died or remained in a coma.
So let’s say that Time tried to prevent those events. After Min Ju’s death, Time used Si Heon and had him transmigrating into Koo Yeon Jun’s body. He met Han Jun Hee because even without her time traveling, they were destined to meet (like when he met her twice when she was a kid), they fell in love, then he had that plane crash and he transmigrated back to his original body.
Second timeline : starts with Min Ju’s death, Si Heon’s bus accident, then him waking up after having lived as Koo Yeon Jun. He wants to change the past. Where I’m a bit confused, it’s the walkman, where does it come into play and how exactly ? But somehow, it does. Maybe Si Heon got his hands on it and time traveled while listening to the music (after all, the murderer did time travel too with the walkman) so 1 year after Koo Yeon Jun’s death, he sends it to Han Jun Hee and she uses it.
Third timeline : it’s the one we watch, it’s this drama.
Fourth timeline : the shortest one since it’s the latest time travel Han Jun Hee does, when she gets into Min Ju’s body to prevent her suicide (Maybe Time was fed up and sent her directly to the source of the problem : Min Ju’s death). The result : Min Ju lives, In Gyu lives, Si Heon lives (maybe he never has that bus accident) and who knows, maybe even the real Koo Yeon Jun and his Rowoon boyfriend live happily, too. It was the timeline that was always supposed to happen.
The timeline is fixed, the future changes and therefore, the characters’s lives and destinies change, too. In Gyu destroys the tape and the walkman, the time loop is closed. History rewrites itself into the right timeline.
When Jun Hee goes back to 2023, it’s a completly different 2023, one where Se Heon and his friends live. One where Se Heon never meets Jun Hee in college and where he makes a different career choice. So Jun Hee sees, in a few seconds, her timeline changing, erasing the time traveling and transmigrating events from everyone’s memories because humans are not supposed to know about those and since everything is erased, so are her memories.
But Jun Hee and Se Heon are destined to meet and fall in love, no matter what the timeline is, so in the end, they meet and from there, it’s up to us to imagine their future.
I just wish that in the end, we could know what happened to Min Ju and In Gyu. Maybe a wedding picture on Se Heon’s desk. Something to tell us that it worked for them. I’ll just have to head canon their happy ending because apparently, Si Heon mistook Jun Hee for Min Ju, meaning that he hadn’t seen her in a very long time and wouldn’t recognize her in 2011.
Okay, I'm up to episode 8 so tell me if I got this right:
- Nam Se Hon had a bus accident in 2002 but his soul transmigrated to Koo Yeon Jun in 2007, who had just died in a car accident with his friend so his soul was gone
- He realized that the story Min Ju had told him (about her dream of being Han Jun Hee) was a true story and not a dream and decided, based on what she told him about her past with her great love Yeon Jun, to live this life so he went to the same university as her,
- he met with 2008 Min Ju's uncle, who is the only one who knows the truth but Min Ju's uncle is ALSO in contact with...
- ... with the Nam Se Hon from 2023. The Nam Se Hon who had transmigrated to Koo Yeon Jun's body and who had died in the plane accident. But when he died in that plane accident "as Koo Yeon Jun", his soul transmigrated BACK to his original body as Nam Se Hon in 2002,
- That's why this limping 2006 Nam Se Hon (limping because of the 2002 bus accident) who welcomes his friend when he gets out of jail has this board with all the clues in his apartment and how he wants to prevent his friend In Kyu's death. He KNOWS his friend will die since his soul is from the future, he comes from 2023.
It looks like it's a time loop. Because Nam Se Hon met Jun Hee in Min Ju's body BECAUSE he gave her the walkman in 2023.
This time loop has to close somehow. This timeline with all those transmigrations and time travels is all messed up. I'm used to time travel stories and I fear that if the characters manage to prevent Min Ju and In Gyu's deaths, the characters will vanish and history will rewrite itself, leading to a new timeline where all this never happened.
Am I right?
PS: is it me or does this drama pays some subtile hommage to the anime/manga 'Maison Ikkoku"? The nice ML in love with an older FL, some music which had the same tone, the earings remind me of the one the ML in Maison Ikkoku had bought for the FL early on in the anime, the rain scene... maybe it's just me?
New trailer:https://youtu.be/X0poHFKtlgE?feature=shared
That was a much better trailer than the first one! With the first one, I deducted that the FL's "original universe" was a fraud, like some kind of experiment to make her believe that she was from another universe while she was in fact from the one in the drama and therefore the ML's true love from when they were teens.
Now with that new trailer, I got a "Fringe" vibe. "Fringe", as in the american show with Joshua Jackson (show that I loved so much back in the days).
So new trailer, new pics, new poster, it all points out to this drama airing soon, I can't wait, I love this kind of mysterious, paranormal love story.
half of ep 10 was stuff we already saw...and he's a ghost so how can't he see/sense the other one !
Limitations to what he could see, hear and do as a spirit? I got the feeling that he was only... awake as a spirit when the FL was reincarnated and that he was bound to her and couldn't roam around freely.
I don't want the brother to die. He deserves better. Still this show is going round in circles for weeks now.…
I could be wrong but for Do Ha, the fact that in all her previous lives, the FL died before she was 30 was a curse, maybe one because she had killed him. He never saw his evil father from his first life. I wonder if the man kept reincarnating and remembering his first life because of that ugly mark on his body, or if he was a spirit who could possess people ?
As a spirit, Do Ha was bound to the FL and therefore could only see her immediate entourage, if you want. I don't think he was able to roam around freely and investigate why she kept dying before her 30's, hence the reason why he talked about the curse. It was a logical conclusion from someone born 1500 years ago, I think.
Hate we only get 14 episodes and only two episodes left. While it is true, the writing kinda sucks and it's been…
From what I remember, their parents died when they were young. And at some point, the older brother tried to leave when he was a teenager, and therefore leaving his younger brother behind. He renounced (or left and came back, I don't know) and he felt guilty since he was the oldest and swore to always protect his younger brother and to be there for him.
question please! What's the twist with the brother?! thank u
The brother had a meeting with the evil spirit who told him that he had to kill the FL so that Do Ha's spirit could leave Jun Ho's body and therefore he could get his brother back.
He invites the FL and Do Ha to go camping, he drugs Do Ha and tries to kill of the FL, who is saved by Do Ha. Once in the hospital, Do Ha attacks JH's brother and tells him that his brother is dead, that he saw that himself (in the beginning of the drama) and that his brother' s soul is gone for good.
The brother is full of guilt and realizes that the evil spirit used him, he goes to confront him and they fight and the brother is left in a coma, fighting to survive.
- is the brother going to die and be a body ready for possession, maybe from the evil spirit or Do Ha, if JA's body is failing him?
- is the evil spirit a real spirit or was he Do Ha's father who kept reincarnating, remembered his first life because of that horrible black mark on his body and who organized the FL's deaths or killed her himself?
- If my theory is correct (the one about the FL being possessed by Do Ha's father after his death and that's why she was the one to kill Do Ha, or at least, that's what Do Ha believed) how did she come to be possessed?
- From there, did Han Ri Ta killed off Do Ha's father, maybe in self-defense and as she was injured and dying, he was able to possess her body and kill Do Ha?
- What happened to Han Ri Ta after Do Ha's death? Did she curse herself because she felt guilty for being used to kill Do Ha? Did the evil spirit curse her?
What an amazing episode, that 10th one! Holy Guacamole, things are moving fast now and I didn't expect the twist with the brother. More than ever, I have no idea how it's going to end. And so many theories!
Hmmm, I wonder if in the next episode, Do Ha will reveal it all to JH's brother and the two will team up to fight the evil spirit. Only for that spirit to have left the body he had been occupying.
I still don't see how it's going to end up. JH is dead, it's certain. He had cancer so unless the possession cured him, I don't see Do Ha staying in this body, if he ends up staying.
Bitter-sweet ending? Sad ending? I really can't say.
I feel like it's a reincarnation story, on top of a time traveling story. The FL was about to die but then instead of dying, she time traveled to the future, where all the people from her time period reincarnated, her husband, her mother-in-law...
So it's not a coincidence if she landed into THIS particular time period, she joined the ones she had known in the past. Maybe to solve her murder or even her husban's death? Was he really sick or had he been poisoned and believed he was sick?
If it's a reincarnation story, will the characters remember their pasts?
Is there a link for episode 35 with subtitles? This episode is not playing on K***** (while 36 is) and all the other episodes on the net are without subtitles even though it says there are subtitles. Thank you
Yeah, it looks like the FL got killed in each of her previous lives and since she kept reincarnating, then the…
I'm starting to wonder if in the FL's first life, Do Ha and maybe Han Ri Ta, killed Do Ha's adoptive father. He became instantly an evil spirit and he managed to possess Han Ri Ta and forced her to kill Do Ha and that would explain why she said that she loved him while she was forced to kill him. She couldn't resist the spirit.
After that, what happened? Did she kill herself, was she killed by the evil spirit while he was possessing someone else?
This is pure guesswork, but what if her father, who now took over the lawyer, continued to murder her in order…
Yeah, it looks like the FL got killed in each of her previous lives and since she kept reincarnating, then the ML kept being bonded to her, never finding peace.
It's more than probable that the evil spirit is Doha's adoptive father. But why does he hate him? I mean, he adopted him, giving him an education, a title, but he hates him and treats him like a dog, why??? And he hates him even in death, to the point of murdering the FL's past incarnations (well, it's a theory but a very valid one) to make him suffer.
When will this cycle end? In this life, I bet but how?
Also, Jun Ho is terminallly ill, it's been told over and over again so the evil spirit, big surprise, is lying to Jun Ho's brother.
The ideal ending would be the possession effectively healing Jun Ho's body and Jun Ho and Do Ha merging to become a new person. No longer Jun Ho, no longer Do Ha, both of them and none of them at the same time, if it makes sense.
Knowing Kdramas, if it's the path chosen, then it will be bitter sweet with this merging erasing Do Ha's past life and the past weeks with the FL.
Apart from that, ouch, the scenes between the brothers, those were heavy, great acting there!
So, the actor is really dead, then? I mean, it looks that way. I thought that maybe he was "asleep" while Do Ha was driving but when he passed out in a previous episode, he wasn't breathing at all while Do Ha had been expelled from his body.
It makes me wonder if the ending won't have both the actor and Do Ha dead. Even if Do Ha was to stay in this body, he would die too since the body is terminally sick.
Another thing, the brother seems to go down a dangerous path, even maybe becoming an allee to the villain of the show. Maybe the bad guy will tell him that his brother's body has been hijacked by an evil spirit and that the only way to save him is to expel the spirit? But without telling him that his brother is already dead.
Oh I'm liking this new FL rumor! Lately I have watched two dramas, "The bionic life", with SWL and "Parallel world" with LYX" and both actors were very good in those dramas so I'm confident in "First Frost" if this is the final casting.
Are you new to the Fantasy genre?You have to suspend your mind, critical thinking skills and go along with the…
The poster you are defending doesn't have your polite forum etiquette and is agressive, intolerant and sometimes insulting.
I have read now all the posts and I think this poster is a troll who gets high on this kind of forum dispute so I won't bother answering anymore because there's no constructive discussion to have with such a person.
Considering that english is not my first language and I try not to make mistakes when I post and for others to understand me despite my mistakes, I have no time to waste with that poster.
Are you new to the Fantasy genre?You have to suspend your mind, critical thinking skills and go along with the…
I really don't get your problem apart from "Oh, what's that logic, he has to kill her, that's so stupid, he should be up to date with the world right now, lol, bye Bitch and FU".
Apparently, you are very intolerant to even fictional characters who don't react like YOU would or think they should.
Are you new to the Fantasy genre?You have to suspend your mind, critical thinking skills and go along with the…
The difference is that this poster is insulting to anyone who disagrees with her/him, which makes her/his... so-called criticisms not taken into account. People don't like to debate with people calling them the B word or "F**** You".
Also, people are more open to crazy plots when it's the fantasy genre. A more down to earth/slice of life/ drama couldn't get away with that. Which is why I don't watch these kinds of dramas. I have enough problems in real life, I want to be entertained and have fun and so far, this drama is fulfilling its promise.
So I have finally completed this drama. I expected that kind of ending, as a fan of time travel stories. Most people would think that it was all for nothing since the story was erased but I have another theory.
Let’s say that Time with a capital T is a sentient entity. Min Ju, SI Heon and In Gyu weren’t supposed to die young. There was a Time Bug in the first timeline and in its will to change the past, Time created a time loop until the problem was solved. Also Si Heon and Jun Hee were always supposed to meet and fall in love. Those are like… fixed points in time (those who have seen Doctor Who will understand). But somehow as I said, a bug in the Matrix happened.
First timeline : everything started with Min Ju, who is probably neurodivergent on top of being depressive, when in the first timeline, she committed suicide. After that, either In Gyu committed suicide too or he accused himself of killing her and then committed suicide. And Si Heon had this bus accident and either died or remained in a coma.
So let’s say that Time tried to prevent those events. After Min Ju’s death, Time used Si Heon and had him transmigrating into Koo Yeon Jun’s body. He met Han Jun Hee because even without her time traveling, they were destined to meet (like when he met her twice when she was a kid), they fell in love, then he had that plane crash and he transmigrated back to his original body.
Second timeline : starts with Min Ju’s death, Si Heon’s bus accident, then him waking up after having lived as Koo Yeon Jun. He wants to change the past. Where I’m a bit confused, it’s the walkman, where does it come into play and how exactly ? But somehow, it does. Maybe Si Heon got his hands on it and time traveled while listening to the music (after all, the murderer did time travel too with the walkman) so 1 year after Koo Yeon Jun’s death, he sends it to Han Jun Hee and she uses it.
Third timeline : it’s the one we watch, it’s this drama.
Fourth timeline : the shortest one since it’s the latest time travel Han Jun Hee does, when she gets into Min Ju’s body to prevent her suicide (Maybe Time was fed up and sent her directly to the source of the problem : Min Ju’s death). The result : Min Ju lives, In Gyu lives, Si Heon lives (maybe he never has that bus accident) and who knows, maybe even the real Koo Yeon Jun and his Rowoon boyfriend live happily, too. It was the timeline that was always supposed to happen.
The timeline is fixed, the future changes and therefore, the characters’s lives and destinies change, too. In Gyu destroys the tape and the walkman, the time loop is closed. History rewrites itself into the right timeline.
When Jun Hee goes back to 2023, it’s a completly different 2023, one where Se Heon and his friends live. One where Se Heon never meets Jun Hee in college and where he makes a different career choice. So Jun Hee sees, in a few seconds, her timeline changing, erasing the time traveling and transmigrating events from everyone’s memories because humans are not supposed to know about those and since everything is erased, so are her memories.
But Jun Hee and Se Heon are destined to meet and fall in love, no matter what the timeline is, so in the end, they meet and from there, it’s up to us to imagine their future.
I just wish that in the end, we could know what happened to Min Ju and In Gyu. Maybe a wedding picture on Se Heon’s desk. Something to tell us that it worked for them. I’ll just have to head canon their happy ending because apparently, Si Heon mistook Jun Hee for Min Ju, meaning that he hadn’t seen her in a very long time and wouldn’t recognize her in 2011.
- Nam Se Hon had a bus accident in 2002 but his soul transmigrated to Koo Yeon Jun in 2007, who had just died in a car accident with his friend so his soul was gone
- He realized that the story Min Ju had told him (about her dream of being Han Jun Hee) was a true story and not a dream and decided, based on what she told him about her past with her great love Yeon Jun, to live this life so he went to the same university as her,
- he met with 2008 Min Ju's uncle, who is the only one who knows the truth but Min Ju's uncle is ALSO in contact with...
- ... with the Nam Se Hon from 2023. The Nam Se Hon who had transmigrated to Koo Yeon Jun's body and who had died in the plane accident. But when he died in that plane accident "as Koo Yeon Jun", his soul transmigrated BACK to his original body as Nam Se Hon in 2002,
- That's why this limping 2006 Nam Se Hon (limping because of the 2002 bus accident) who welcomes his friend when he gets out of jail has this board with all the clues in his apartment and how he wants to prevent his friend In Kyu's death. He KNOWS his friend will die since his soul is from the future, he comes from 2023.
It looks like it's a time loop. Because Nam Se Hon met Jun Hee in Min Ju's body BECAUSE he gave her the walkman in 2023.
This time loop has to close somehow. This timeline with all those transmigrations and time travels is all messed up. I'm used to time travel stories and I fear that if the characters manage to prevent Min Ju and In Gyu's deaths, the characters will vanish and history will rewrite itself, leading to a new timeline where all this never happened.
Am I right?
PS: is it me or does this drama pays some subtile hommage to the anime/manga 'Maison Ikkoku"? The nice ML in love with an older FL, some music which had the same tone, the earings remind me of the one the ML in Maison Ikkoku had bought for the FL early on in the anime, the rain scene... maybe it's just me?
Now with that new trailer, I got a "Fringe" vibe. "Fringe", as in the american show with Joshua Jackson (show that I loved so much back in the days).
So new trailer, new pics, new poster, it all points out to this drama airing soon, I can't wait, I love this kind of mysterious, paranormal love story.
As a spirit, Do Ha was bound to the FL and therefore could only see her immediate entourage, if you want. I don't think he was able to roam around freely and investigate why she kept dying before her 30's, hence the reason why he talked about the curse. It was a logical conclusion from someone born 1500 years ago, I think.
He invites the FL and Do Ha to go camping, he drugs Do Ha and tries to kill of the FL, who is saved by Do Ha. Once in the hospital, Do Ha attacks JH's brother and tells him that his brother is dead, that he saw that himself (in the beginning of the drama) and that his brother' s soul is gone for good.
The brother is full of guilt and realizes that the evil spirit used him, he goes to confront him and they fight and the brother is left in a coma, fighting to survive.
- is the brother going to die and be a body ready for possession, maybe from the evil spirit or Do Ha, if JA's body is failing him?
- is the evil spirit a real spirit or was he Do Ha's father who kept reincarnating, remembered his first life because of that horrible black mark on his body and who organized the FL's deaths or killed her himself?
- If my theory is correct (the one about the FL being possessed by Do Ha's father after his death and that's why she was the one to kill Do Ha, or at least, that's what Do Ha believed) how did she come to be possessed?
- From there, did Han Ri Ta killed off Do Ha's father, maybe in self-defense and as she was injured and dying, he was able to possess her body and kill Do Ha?
- What happened to Han Ri Ta after Do Ha's death? Did she curse herself because she felt guilty for being used to kill Do Ha? Did the evil spirit curse her?
So many questions!!!
I still don't see how it's going to end up. JH is dead, it's certain. He had cancer so unless the possession cured him, I don't see Do Ha staying in this body, if he ends up staying.
Bitter-sweet ending? Sad ending? I really can't say.
So it's not a coincidence if she landed into THIS particular time period, she joined the ones she had known in the past. Maybe to solve her murder or even her husban's death? Was he really sick or had he been poisoned and believed he was sick?
If it's a reincarnation story, will the characters remember their pasts?
After that, what happened? Did she kill herself, was she killed by the evil spirit while he was possessing someone else?
It's more than probable that the evil spirit is Doha's adoptive father. But why does he hate him? I mean, he adopted him, giving him an education, a title, but he hates him and treats him like a dog, why??? And he hates him even in death, to the point of murdering the FL's past incarnations (well, it's a theory but a very valid one) to make him suffer.
When will this cycle end? In this life, I bet but how?
Also, Jun Ho is terminallly ill, it's been told over and over again so the evil spirit, big surprise, is lying to Jun Ho's brother.
The ideal ending would be the possession effectively healing Jun Ho's body and Jun Ho and Do Ha merging to become a new person. No longer Jun Ho, no longer Do Ha, both of them and none of them at the same time, if it makes sense.
Knowing Kdramas, if it's the path chosen, then it will be bitter sweet with this merging erasing Do Ha's past life and the past weeks with the FL.
Apart from that, ouch, the scenes between the brothers, those were heavy, great acting there!
It makes me wonder if the ending won't have both the actor and Do Ha dead. Even if Do Ha was to stay in this body, he would die too since the body is terminally sick.
Another thing, the brother seems to go down a dangerous path, even maybe becoming an allee to the villain of the show. Maybe the bad guy will tell him that his brother's body has been hijacked by an evil spirit and that the only way to save him is to expel the spirit? But without telling him that his brother is already dead.
I see a sad ending.
I have read now all the posts and I think this poster is a troll who gets high on this kind of forum dispute so I won't bother answering anymore because there's no constructive discussion to have with such a person.
Considering that english is not my first language and I try not to make mistakes when I post and for others to understand me despite my mistakes, I have no time to waste with that poster.
Apparently, you are very intolerant to even fictional characters who don't react like YOU would or think they should.
Also, people are more open to crazy plots when it's the fantasy genre. A more down to earth/slice of life/ drama couldn't get away with that. Which is why I don't watch these kinds of dramas. I have enough problems in real life, I want to be entertained and have fun and so far, this drama is fulfilling its promise.