• Birthday: August 23
  • Join Date: January 27, 2018
A Korean Odyssey
Mar 7, 2018
To start off, this is one of the few dramas that I truly believe deserves 10/10. A Korean Odyssey was a drama that I just planned on waiting to end to wait - until I got sucked in on the very first episode. The story is well written, compelling, emotional, and exceptional. I can't say more aside from how good it was. It's been a while since a drama has gotten me emotional (the last being Scarlet Heart Ryeo) and I thoroughly enjoyed the dynamics of the relationship between Son Oh Gong and Jin Seon Mi. It's always keeping you guessing as a viewer as what's going to happen next, and it's a ride that you don't want to miss a second of. The build up of the conclusion to the drama was must more squished but it didn't stop me one bit from enjoying the drama. If you want a real review, I suggest you write your own after watching this drama. A Korean Odyssey is a drama you have to watch in order to truly understand what makes it so amazing. I can truly say that this drama made a big splash on my list, and it's been a ride that I'll never forget.

Boss & Me
May 14, 2018
To start off, Boss & Me is the office romance that you probably didn't know you needed to see. If you still have doubts on whether or not to start this drama, let me clear it all.

The story revolves around the small town girl, Shan Shan, who moves to Shanghai to work for the big shot company run by none other than Feng Teng. Through special circumstances, the two meet and thus start their office romance. Boss & Me does have a lot of the generic drama components but it also stands out when compared to other dramas. It has an intense struggle between the two main leads and the other characters, and builds off of this unique encounter which makes Feng Teng become attracted to Shan Shan, and vice versa. There's a lot of themes revolving family, office woes, and trust between the two leads. Its happy at times, but I will warn anyone planning to watch that I myself felt my heart clench a few times. In a way, this drama also defied the expectations I had and the cliches that you would think was coming, but actually didn't. The real struggle for me with this drama is that the ending is one that leans towards the "hinting" type of endings than the clarified ones, so that's just a personal preference. It doesn't really take away from the outstanding details that bring this drama together in a big way.

The acting was nice throughout, even though I did have problems with Feng Teng's character as the narrative progressed. Shan Shan had a feel to her acting that complimented the story of the character which is something I enjoyed. The other characters, such as Li Shu, pulled an impressive performance also, showing a lot of depth to the acting in my personal opinion. Overall, the chemistry between the main leads was sweet and the acting of the cast was stable.

For music, there wasn't really much to say. It was enjoyable but nothing memorable for my tastes. However, I rarely heard the beginning song since the subtitles I watched had glitchy audio. That's just my experience in terms of music.

I rarely watch dramas again but in simple terms, I would gladly rewatch this drama. It had a subtle sweetness that was also combated with angsty emotional rollercoasters. If I were to have the time, I would probably watch it again just to re-live it all again.

Thus, it is my verdict that if you haven't watched Boss & Me, you're probably missing out on a good drama. If you don't believe me, I encourage you to at least try and watch the drama.

Devilish Joy
Oct 27, 2018
Devilish Joy is truly the epitome of a romance drama. Our main characters, Ki Beum and Ma Sung end up falling in love after a day together, but it doesn't truly blossom until they meet again three years later. I think the plot is unique and full of cliches in its own way, one that I enjoyed. This is of course coming from a person who lives off of cliche romance dramas, so don't be surprised if you're one of the people that rank this drama on the lower scale. To me however, Devilish Joy presented their story interestingly, one that would draw me into this drama further. Note, the drama was beautifully produced and edited, as some scenes just really take your breath away in awe.

(SN: I was close to crying on this one but held back the tears cause I was accustomed to the angst of dramas. Just a warning if you're a little softhearted.)

Boy oh boy did I love this cast. First of all, I have seen a numerous amount of dramas starring Song Ha Yoon, but never really one where the entire drama was focused on her in a way (You can bet I will now). I also found it cute that she ended up working on another drama with Kim Ji Young, who was with her in My Daughter Geum Sa Wol (Another banging drama). Somehow, I hadn't really seen Choi Jin Hyuk's acting much, as I've found myself missing out on the dramas that he's been in. I do admit, their chemistry was really nice to see in this drama as their kissing scenes were also quite impressive too if I do say so myself.

Music wise, I usually don't pay much attention to the songs that play in a drama such as OSTs unless they're really good, but I did like Ha Yoon's song that she sang in this drama. Overall, it's a pretty average OST pack for me on this drama.

Would I re-watch this drama? Only the juicy episodes. For me, not all episodes are needed in my opinion to refresh my mind on the story, nor did they have much interesting content in my opinion.

This has been Devilish Joy.

100-manen no Onna-tachi
Jul 28, 2018
Million Yen Women is the drama that completely ate me up which resulted in binge watching it in one day. Here's why:

The story which revolves around Shin, an underrated novelist, who finds himself living with 5 estranged women that all pay him a million yen for rent each month. Each woman was offered a vague invitation and now find themselves living under specific rules with each other. On the surface, Million Yen Women never really appealed to me. I was never the type to go for this kind of drama you could say so when I started watching it for fun, it became obvious that I couldn't finish watching it until I knew the ending to their story. Million Yen Women may be different to what you would watch, or maybe it's right up your alley. Either way, it's a story that dives deeper than what I could possibly imagine, ever. The intricacy of each character's story and how it all becomes part of this big cohesive one is addicting. At first, I didn't think much of this drama. However, by the time I was finished, it opened up so many emotions that I couldn't believe that I didn't watch it sooner. It's not a story that ends at one point, but continues on. Shin, Hitomi, Minami, Yuki, Nanaka and Midori all leave this impact on you as a viewer that you just can't shake off no matter what. Each one of them have their own ideals and personalities that just add to your addiction for this drama. So therefore I must say that Million Yen Women is not easily a story that can be summarized without spoilers. Hence, I wholeheartedly recommend this drama to you.

Now, the acting in this drama has been one of my favorites for a while. Each actor/actress is able to take control of their respective characters so easily and compellingly. Their overall performance completely blew me away. I'm sure it's not as easy as it seems to play some of the characters, such as Minami or Yuki. That being said, I really enjoyed the tone they were able to set throughout this drama. Some pretty dang good acting? Present for Million Yen Women.

I never really thought about the music but it really does paint the backdrop for the drama itself. The certain songs and background music really added the suspense and emotion to the drama. It's some pretty good music in my opinion, nothing that'll make you want to rip your ears off (or so I hope).

Of course, I will be rewatching Million Yen Women in the future. After the initial viewing has saturated into me, I'm more than likely to watch it again to re-live everything I experienced the first time. Of course it'll be different which can either be good or bad depending on how you see it as, but I like to think that now that I know the ending and how the story plays out, it'll add a different experience.

I can't say much more about this drama without giving away spoilers in my opinion. The complexity and rawness of the story can only be truly known if you watch it, which you should. From a drama lover to review reader, take my word on this one.

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo
Feb 23, 2018
Scarlet Heart Ryeo. It's packed with an amazing cast, a storyline that just makes you want to scream at your screen, and the soundtrack that could save Goryeo itself. Let's start with the main couple: Hae Soo and Wang So, the couple that ruins you. One is a time traveler essentially that is stuck in Goryeo where power is constantly yearned for by the royal family, or the group of blessed children I like to call. Between all of the handsome brothers, there's the black sheep of the family, Wang So. It may be your casual black sheep with the pretty girl, but Hae Soo's motives turn into the story of the land. Her relationship with Wang So is complicated and tested through their lives. Wang So also struggles with his family that he basically hates. All together, it makes the perfect historical drama with power struggles and a bunch of cupid arrows. If you're into historical dramas, watch this, if not, still watch it because it's that good. I'll admit, this story didn't captivate me until after it aired, but it's a story that's forever embedded into my mind. I highly recommend anyone to watch this drama and give their own opinion of how they liked (And hated) this story of Goryeo. NOTE: I would recommend tissues, just a heads up. (I went through quite a lot unexpectedly cause I didn't read the reviews before watching.)

But... I must point out parts of this drama that should probably only be read if you want to read them.
!SPOILER ALERT!
Let me start with how bitter I am about that cliffhanger. I know the 2nd season (if they ever had one) is suppose to revolve about them meeting in the modern world which was truly a heartbreak for me when I found out it wasn't happening. Wang So and Hae Soo probably could've had a happier ending, but that's what made me cry and love about this drama so much. The cliffhanger was supposed to be continued with a second season I'm sure but it sucks for fans of the series that probably were petitioning (I know I did) and fighting for them to properly end this story. I will admit, I had some second lead syndromes here and there, but was overall a pile of salt when I realized Wang So's tragic ending. More than anyone, I think he got the short end of the stick. I mean after all, he lost the girl he loved because of a whole misunderstanding and didn't even know about his daughter, which also by the way confused me. I interpreted it as him assuming the kid wasn't his, but rather the child of Hae Soo and Wang Jung. All in all, the ending sucked and I wished there was a second season.

The Great Seducer
May 1, 2018
To start off, this drama to me is either a hit or miss with some people. I've seen people hate the cast and acting, while others, such as myself, love every bit of it.

You'll get what I mean when you compare the differing reviews for this drama, some being high scores (such as mine) while others being somewhat low.

The story keeps you on the edge of your seat, or backed up against it in anticipation of what's going to happen next. Si Hyun, Soo Ji, and Se Joo are the three musketeers that act as your love triangle in the story. It's when Tae Hee is added to the equation that a chain effect erupts through all of their lives, acting as the foundation for this drama. The storyline has twists and turns, some predictable and some that are surprising, that just captivate you as a viewer. Although there are many cliches and slight moments that give you true bursts of anger at the writers, the overall story is bittersweet, the good kind at least. It's sad and heart-wrenching while also sweet and full of that kind of love you can't stop watching.

Of course, this is all accumulated by the cast. I personally didn't watch any of Joy's previous acting (which seemed like a big deal to everyone as the drama aired), but I think she's decent for a rookie actor. She's not the PERFECT actress but she's also learning and new to the field after coming from the music industry. So for me, she deserves the credit where she's earned it. Her scenes were not the best at certain points, but overall, it's not the worst acting you'll ever see, trust me. There's also Woo Do Hwan, who I liked as the main lead to contrast Joy in this drama. His acting is good (for me, I've heard others say otherwise) and the presentation of his emotions is surely there. There's also my favorite villain, if you could consider her that, Moon Ga Young. She plays her role so well, it makes me truly hate the character but love the actress even more. Her execution of the "evil" Soo Ji is what adds to this drama a whole lot. Kim Min Jae, aka Se Joo, was also good in playing his role of being the middle between the trio of friends.

The OSTs for this drama were all nice in my opinion, my favorite being the one sang by SEVENTEEN's DK. If you ever have a chance to check out the soundtrack (and perhaps only the soundtrack), I'd highly recommend it.

To end this review, all of the things I've pointed out is probably opposed by others who watched this drama. In my own opinion, this drama was good. I didn't find it to be as "bad" as people put it out to be, even after having judgement before watching it myself. It's a drama that should be watched before making a judgement since it has so many dissenting views from viewers.

Our Times
Jul 31, 2018
Our Times is your typical romance movie, just with a little bit extra on top that really adds to the overall movie.

As Lin chases the popular guy of her school, fate brings her to Tsu, the "bad gangster" of the movie. The first thing that really caught my eye was how the whole story connected between the lines as the plot progressed. Lin is nothing special in her eyes, but to Tsu, she's the girl he'd thought he'd never want to be with. As they both chase the popular kids, they also find themselves forming a bong between each other. It does hit some heartbreak worthy notes, especially as the story wraps up, but I think it really paints this beautiful picture of unexpected love. They both started out fighting for their crushes without realizing how much they got to know each other throughout. It's a romance that you see a thousand times in movies, but this one is just special. It's not every movie where you feel the emotions (at least for me) you feel while watching this one. Although it has its cliches, there's also a subtle touch that makes it different.

I loved the cast of this drama, mainly the "younger" versions as they're portrayed more than the older ones. I do think the choice to use two sets of actors for the same characters worked out in terms of realistic aging. I also enjoyed how each actor executed the role, especially the main leads. Their acting was pretty good in my opinion, but then again, I'm no professional in terms of criticism. I just enjoyed their acting.

The music, as always, is good. It's not the worst songs I've heard but nothing worthy of adding to my music library. This is just me though and my music tastes.

Would I watch this cheesy movie again? Over and over. It's too beautiful to watch once in my opinion, and properly portrays the feeling of love in a new way. A love that lasts years.

I wouldn't force you to watch this movie but I highly suggest it for the romance movie goers. It's simple, sweet, and surpasses any expectations I had going into it.

One More Time
Jun 30, 2018
As a preface, I do think it's appropriate to say that I finished this drama in one day. Let me explain why:

The story centers around the relationship between Tak and Da In and how far their love really goes. As Tak relives the same day over and over, he realizes that Da In is at the epicenter of it. Although it does have its cliches, the story impacts your heart strings on how Tak truly opens his eyes to the girl in front of him. It portrays their love as a rocky rollercoaster that finds its end, in it's own twist and turns. It brings along flashbacks that show how they first met and how their love slowly blossomed, which I believe added to the ending of the story, one that I was surely not expecting. Love and heartbreak are a destined pair for this romance, and its something you don't want to miss in a way.

NOTE: you will cry, at least I did.

The acting, oh the acting. I've known L as a member of INFINITE and an amazing actor - he didn't disappoint me here either. He portrays Tak so perfectly in every way while executing the emotion of the character with precision. I also can't forget Yoon So Hee who plays Da In. She does have moments (for me) where her acting is kind of bland and basic but then she slaps me back in the face with spectacular acting. The role of Da In and Yoo Tak surely wouldn't be the same without these two, that's for sure.

I'm not really a indie or rock person but boy did this drama turn me right around. The soundtrack per say is filled with amazing songs that I will be listening on repeat (as I ugly cry) for a while. L has a blessed voice and its a blessed part of this drama that he plays the lead singer of the band.

As for rewatch value, I always say "I don't usually watch dramas again but this drama-" but I actually am not kidding with this one. It's got this spark that drew me to it (as I hope it will to you) that just wants to replay in my head no matter what I do. So yes, this is personally a drama that I would gladly rewatch.

To end this review, like I do with all of my reviews, I encourage you to watch the drama yourself.

Wolf Girl and Black Prince
Apr 7, 2018
The Wolf Girl and the Black Prince is one of my highest ranked shoujo mangas and I think if you're accounting the length of the movie and all the major details, the movie corresponded with the manga pretty well. I do wish it wasn't a movie in a way, since a drama would be able to develop but this movie was overall pleasing to watch. It depicted the relationship between the fake lovers and the relationship Erika has with the other people in her life. The rollercoaster of emotions did remind me of when I first read the manga which I have to applaud the directors for on that part. Even if you didn't read the manga (which is amazing btw), this is a good movie to watch if you're into the high school romance love genre.

I Cannot Hug You: Season 2
Mar 19, 2018
NOTE: I didn't watch the webtoon so I'm solely reviewing the drama without any knowledge of how the webtoon story went.

I enjoyed the 1st season a lot more than the 2nd right off the bat. The 1st one seemed a lot more interesting to watch and had more depth to it. This season kind of seemed like the typical "let me down" second season. The plot felt slightly brushed over? It wasn't as developed as the 1st season was but still had some qualities that were enjoyable about the 1st one. I think the ending left off on a sweeter note than I expected too (so if you're into a sweet one, try watching it). The actors were the same except the dramatics between Simba and his constant chasing after Shiya situation. My heart was tugged at just as much in this season as the 1st, which is throughly enjoyable and sad at the same time. I wouldn't watch this season again though. It lacked the things from S1 that I enjoyed so much about the series. It seemed to be the extra fat from S1 that was kept on. Overall, a good series.

My Huckleberry Friends
Mar 14, 2018
W A R N I N G : You may be missing out on a good drama if you don't watch My Huckleberry Friends.

My Huckleberry Friends, the second time you get to re-live the life of Zhen Hua in a way with a fresh new set of characters and stories. Yu Zhou Zhou and Lin Yang are this season's Yu Huai and Geng Geng. However, their stories aren't the same. Yu Zhou Zhou, the studious girl who has faced woe after woe is accompanied by Lin Yang who clearly shows his crush for her throughout the entire story. The concept of overlapping the two stories was performed more flawlessly than I had expected which is something I admired and hoped the writers / directors would include - after all, this is just a different story at the same time as With You.

(With You was also a spectacular drama - highly recommend it.)

Zhou Zhou and Lin Yang are accompanied by a group of friends that shape their high school years and go through the struggles of being a teenager in high school. I also applaud My Huckleberry Friends for putting together a seamless plot in my personal opinion, especially one that includes such a huge sense of reality of the challenges teenagers face. My Huckleberry Friends keeps the humor, attraction, and light vibe of With You but with a different taste in how it's executed and the story development. You don't have to necessarily watch With You to watch My Huckleberry Friends, but they're both amazing dramas that I recommend. What's there to like about this drama? Almost everything. It's realistic in the problems that life throws at you, the definition of friendship, and how love can play such a role in your life, even if you don't have the same type of love everyone else does. Personally, I enjoyed the ending to My Huckleberry Friends more than I did with With You, but only slightly. The ending to this drama has more clarity than With You did.

What I don't like as much: ( ! S P O I L E R S ! ) ( Possible for both With You & My Huckleberry Friends)

- The side characters had the similar plot in a sense. In With You, it was Jian Dan and Han Xu. The victims in My Huckleberry Friends were Xiang Qian and Tian Guo. They're both the side characters that have feelings with each other yet end up with the persevering other side lead, who's usually a friend of the main lead some how.

- I know it's not AS big of a deal, but I think if they added even the slightest cameo of characters from With You, it would've been more realistic that the two stories were connected.

- The story, and this is for both dramas, doesn't really show what happens during the 10 years. I mean, it's 10 freaking years. A lot of stuff goes down in 10 years, for both dramas, yet we don't really get any information (or glimpses).

Just watch My Huckleberry Friends, it's worth it. And if you don't believe me, watch it yourself.

School 2017
Mar 13, 2018
I think School 2017 was an overall good drama: here's why.

The actors were well suited (even though Tae Woon looked clearly on the older side, I loved Eun Ho) and the overall vibe was nice throughout the drama. The lessons were realistic in my perspective and the story gave a good development for the characters. Eun Ho is the typical bad student and Tae Woon is the typical bad boy. I think their chemistry was nicely stirred in a pot and given a little bit more time to boil than I thought it would. The story of going against the corruption in a known school is centered around these two, along with their group of friends. It felt nice to see relationships grow and fall apart, and how a lot of things are tested in high school. From love, friendships, to family, School 2017 put a lot of it into one big drama.

Why isn't this drama getting a perfect score:

It's not perfect, I will easily admit that. The plot was stable, but did have a few holes here and there. The story could've been slightly better in my opinion. I don't think a lot of things were properly explained throughout the drama which is where the story falls short on the rating scale. It also drags at certain parts of the drama which makes it lose any rewatch value - making it more of a "I just want to finish this already" type of drama. The cast surely could've been more younger? I get Koreans look young for their age and all but I truly believe Tae Woon looked just a little too old. The ending was a little - ill planned? It felt dragged yet rushed at the same time, which was a new for me in a drama.

Overall:

It's a good drama, not too bad yet not the most spectacular one I've watched in my honest opinion.

Master Devil Do Not Kiss Me 2
Feb 28, 2018
I only decided to write one review for this series since Season Two is a straight continuation of Season One. An Chu Xia and Han Qi Lu are static and dynamic at the same time. As their relationship progresses from strangers that had a twist of fate meeting to something more, I found myself getting slightly addicting to this drama, just to see the ending (but more on that later on, if you want spoilers). I will admit the story is a bit bland and one noted, if not kind of messy, but it's still a decent plot that you can follow. The development is plotted more clearly towards the end of Season One and it's a bit more thought out throughout Season Two. I do find myself wishing they had a more in-depth explanation for things, where I do feel the ending was slightly rushed to this series because of that. Overall, it's a lighthearted romance that has points of humor and lots of drama and snakes (you have been warned about the snakes!). If you're like myself, you'll find a major dislike towards certain characters, even the main leads at times, but you'll probably enjoy it. The 46 episodes in total as a whole are better when compared to certain episodes and moments. Chu Xia is a character that really draws you in, because you never know her thoughts at times but you can read her like an open book the other times. Qi Lu is also quite the common cold-hearted boy that's had a grudge due to past experience, which is also what makes his character unbearable at times. The side characters are expressive throughout the series which is something I enjoyed more than usual. It's cute, nice, and definitely new to my taste in a way.

! Now, for the things I didn't like. Note, there WILL be spoilers: !

! You have been warned !

1. Han Qi Lu is insufferable due to  his trauma from Man Kui and it's honestly the reason that this drama kinda of dragged on, he's constantly acting in this personality of not really showing his feelings but also showing them in the wrong way, which is how Chu Xia interprets them half of the time. So, hate the character slightly, but not that much cause he has underlying good intentions.

2. Man Kui. Where to start? She's so manipulative you want to punch her in the face, even with the fact that her whole reason for coming back for the boy she left without thought is that her right hand is no longer able to perform. She's a TRUE SNAKE, on par with Xin Wei, that's for sure. Her actions are so easily overlooked because of Qi Lu's softness for her (?) I guess you could say? I think it's more of him still having slight feelings for her, but that's just how I saw it. Her character evens out in the end, but only after a lot of dragging on the series due to misconceptions.

3. Chu Xia and Qi Lu deserved a better ending in my opinion. The ending to this series wasn't fulfilling, and was more of a "up to your imagination" type of ending, which is the kind I mainly stray away from. It left a slightly bitter note for me since I was anticipating an ending that explained a lot more about what happened, and not just for them, but for the side characters also. I want to know if Xiao Nan got together with Chen Chuan, if Han Yu found someone, and whether or not Chu Xia and Qi Lu were able to stand the test of time and how their relationship was.

4. My final note on this drama is that I wish they properly started it. The first few episodes nearly discouraged me from continuing on with the drama (even though I pulled through) and was quite hard for me to understand. You're going from one minute where there's a fake hostage crisis to Chu Xia's mother dying and giving her organ(s) to the father of Qi Lu. This all leads to the set up of the story which I naturally understood, but the manner of the execution could've been improved in my opinion.

I’m Not a Robot
Feb 23, 2018
Let me start off by saying this drama is truly worth it. It makes you want to watch more of it, no matter how long you have to wait (Which is something I don't usually do but it was that good that I waited weekly for it). Jia and Minkyu are unlikely yet comically paired, which is what I loved the most starting this drama. Their relationship leans towards a funny luck of fate that turns into a love story that you'll probably never forget once you watch it. Jia is a dreamer, one who finds herself in a predicament that eventually leads to something she couldn't have expected if she tried. Minkyu is stuck in his own problems, mainly from his possibly deadly allergy to human contact. Together, they make one of the best story lines I've watched so far. I'm Not a Robot will make you frustrated, teary eyed, and laughing all in 32 episodes. It's truly one of those dramas that is beyond sweet, funny, and just amazing to watch. I'm speaking highly of this drama because I believe it deserves to be spoken highly of. The chemistry of the main couple, and even the entire cast is what makes you love this drama even more. For 32 episodes, it makes you willing to rewatch it, just to see the story once more. Jia and Minkyu show the depth of a relationship, the ups and downs, all while pulling you into their story further. I'm Not a Robot is worth the watch, and if you don't believe me, watch it for yourself. (Hint: You won't regret it.)

With You
Feb 20, 2018
To start off, I would like to point out that this drama went completely off of my expectations. When I first heard of this drama, I didn't think that it would create such a beautiful story of young, high school love through 24 episodes. I'll admit, the beginning was slightly short paced for me personally, but the development of all the characters is what makes you want to keep watching this drama. The story doesn't dabble too much on the side characters but it also gives just enough for you to keep your interest in the world of With You. Yu Huai is surely one of my favorite main leads, one that doesn't make you want to punch his lights out. Geng Geng is also a refreshing character that makes you want to keep watching her story and her blossoming love towards her desk buddy. Their relationship, how it starts and how the drama ends, it's all one big masterpiece that I applaud. With You is a drama that's hard to find for me, it's about this bright spark between two high schoolers and how that spark just never truly fades after all. If you're gonna watch this drama, I suggest you strap yourself down because I personally couldn't stop watching it. With You is an investment drama in my terms, a drama that is worth watching and sitting through, it's also a drama that you would watch again even if you're not one to usually do that (which I am not) yet you can't help but follow this story once more. My only bad thing against this story? There isn't more.