Diamond Lover

• Genres: Comedy, Romance, Drama
  • Rating: 13+ - Teens 13 or older

cherishbabe
Oct 30, 2015
I am writing as I see nobody did a review yet and I always like to share and review what others may not be able to find in this website :p

Rain in a chinese drama, of cos its dubbed, what do you expect :)

the plot was ok. Interesting to see Tiffany being 'ugly'' ...LOL

there are quite a few funny characters that you will enjoy especially the 2nd couple or the 2nd male lead (he is so funny)

however, up to the ep 43 and above, its a little draggy with the theme : to lie or not to lie, tell the truth or not kind of thinggy....its draggy, trust me.

Cast:
The Cast was good... although some situations was exaggerated, the acting and some scene were too over. especially just a fall and this person turn into coma - something like that. you will see a very different Tang Yan here especially when she done so many same scenario drama previously.
Lei Yi Ming and Gao Wen is very funny here and they scene was really worth to watch. (if you watch u will really know what i meant about the exaggerated scene and Lai YI Ming....)

Its very difficult for a korean actor to act in a chinese drama but here, Rain really protray good acting and his expressions are really good as well. room to improve of cos but worthy for a praise here.

The romance was of good balance and level here, many sub sub stories and couples.

Music was good, ost matches with the drama

Rewatch Value:
i will watch again especially Lai yi ming and Gao Wen part, will skip the draggy part too. Cheers!

Dropped 68/68
CindyLee
Dec 6, 2016
Dropped 0
I watched this drama for the second male lead and the second female lead. Their acting is superb. The second female lead plays an arrogant yet very cute actress, and she is so cute and funny at the same time. My favorite character has to be the second male lead. He is the best man anyone could wish for. He's handsome, he's a doctor, a best friend, caring, funny, slightly goofy, warm, and so much more. I love his interactions with the second female lead and the female lead. He is super funny, yet can be so kind, caring, and romantic at the same time. I am super in love with him, especially because I am currently watching Princess of Weiyoung, which he stars in alongside Tang Yan. I feel like Tang Yan did a pretty decent job in this drama and i didn't really care much about Rain, but overall the acting is really good. If you are hesitant about watching this drama, you should watch it just for the second male lead and the second female lead.

Yeh Yu Ling
Feb 10, 2016
I started watching this series because of a review I read on another blog. I don't know how true this is but audiences in China were unhappy that Tiffany Tang's character chose the 2nd male lead instead of Rain. However, after watching 12 episodes, I will have to say that her character made the 'right' choice. The potential story and plot is good but Rain - seems out of place in the drama - he is more like a Korean pretty boy that looks good and is always put on 'display' like a model but his acting potential is never realized. It is the 2nd male lead and Tiffany Tang's character's acting chemistry that is really good to watch. The show should not have dragged on to 68 episodes but should just stay withing the 16 episodes or 24. It started becoming boring after episode 7 when everything becomes very cliche.

Jasmine
Sep 11, 2017
This was quite honestly a disappointing drama in my opinion.

The story itself had some hope - an overweight girl who becomes skinny and pretty, thus enabling her success sounds like a cliché plot, but cliché plots are always good in that they're safe to work with, easy to understand, and enjoyable for many audiences. However, maybe it was because the producers for this drama were trying too hard to make this a "cliché plot with a TWIST" that actually caused this drama to end up in a downward spiral after the first episode.

To begin, the leading female, Mi Duo, is probably the most self-centered, selfish (oh wait, I said that already), and annoying female character I've ever come across in a drama. The minute she steps out of surgery and becomes a pretty, skinny girl, she begins to have legitimate hopes for winning Xiao Liang's heart, which she could only dream of when she was overweight - i.e even when she was a fatty, she believed looks were the most important and irreplaceable thing to win at romance in life. She has so much confidence (or I would say arrogance) in herself that when Xiao Liang and Gao Wen announce their relationship on TV, she falls into a depressed state, thinking that if it were not for Gao Wen, she could be with him, and throws a fit in denial at her best friend who says that "Xiao Liang is from a different world" than hers. Also, the number of times she treats her best friend like a personal slave is just ridiculous. As a woman in her twenties, she seems to not even know how to take care of herself or handle even the slightest small problems in her own life; the minute she feels remotely uncomfortable about a situation (usually involving her toxic and melodramatic af relationship with the main guy), she's on her phone at the speed of light to call her life support (Lei Yi Ming), who is actually in love with her might I add, so really it's even worse as she's using his feelings for her. What really made me incredulous at her behaviour was when Gao Wen and Yi Ming - her two bestest friends who were always there for her - finally got together, she couldn't even be happy for them! Instead, she acted like a sad spoilt brat who had grown accustomed to being the centre of attention in Yi Ming's world, and didn't like the thought of him actually dating someone and finding his own happiness. Like, are you serious?

Anyway, the poor female lead just about ruined the entire drama for me, and the fact that the lead male was Rain didn't make it better. Of course, Rain's looks are obviously great, but he is Korean, and when the movement of his lips when he's talking don't match the sounds of the words, it's really hard to enjoy his scenes, or like his character.

Now, here's one good thing about the drama: the two "supporting" main leads: Gao Wen (Dilireba) and lei Yi Ming - in particular Dilireba's role. She played the perfect, sassy but kind and fiercely loyal celebrity star Gao Wen, who honestly became the star of the show. In fact, in the last half of the series I found myself sick of the rest of the plot and just skipped directly to the parts with her in them. Her character, polar to how I view the main female character, is probably one of my favourites in all Chinese modern drama. She was refreshing and hilarious (and also very glamorous and beautiful) and if it wasn't for her, I would never have finished the drama.

Overall, I give this a 6/10, which is only so high despite all my complaints because Dilireba pulled me through to the end, and Gao Wen/lei Yi Ming scenes were cute af.