Memoir of a Murderer

• Popularity: #2013

Bathon
Dec 7, 2017
I saw this movie without reading anything about it and I had no expectation for it, but I'm really glad that i didn't because for me its the best thriller movie I've seen in 2017!! It's the first time I watch a movie with a serial killer that suffer from Alzheimer disease, and the result was a good mystery movie. However, there were some meaninglessness scenes plus Sol Kyung Gu wig that came up really artificial..

I didn't know that Seol Hyun can act really good, she's shown so much improvement.  And for the main lead Sol Kyung Gu, there nothing I can say because it was perfect from all aspects especially his facial expression, first time seeing one of his movies but I can say that he is an excellent actor. And for Kim Nam Gil, I didn't like his role in this movie, and especially the way he dressed.

PrashastSingh
Mar 18, 2018
This film, in short is a masterpiece. It unfolds in an extremely amazing manner and grips you right from the beginning. The scripting is so watertight that it demands your full attention. Not a single second is wasted in introducing and setting up the story, and the production values too are top notch.

MEMOIR OF A MURDERER is undoubtedly a very different sort of film. For the most part, it keeps you tensed and makes you interested in the screenplay. The film moves with a good pace, and there's hardly any unnecessary scene in the entire duration. The thrills are highly impressive and the emotional scenes too are well handled.

Sol Kyung-gu delivers a first-rate act. This is his first film I've seen and in many scenes he simply outdoes many South Korean actors. He never shows any inconsistency in the performance and is an actor to watch out for. Another praise to Kim Nam-gil, who wonderfully plays the character he's given. He's superb and is different in the portrayal of the kind of role he plays. Seolhyun is decent. Oh Dal-su is excellent as always.

There's some good humour which had me laughing out loud. The action is undoubtedly very well crafted and the final block will have the action buffs cheering up with energy. The cinematography is splendid and the visual/special effects are a treat to watch.

Director Shin-yeon Won makes the film not just enjoyable, but also a memorable one. The writers Jo-yun Hwang and Young-ha Kim also have done an excellent job. The final shot is totally jaw-dropping and is not to be missed.

MEMOIR OF A MURDERER is a marvellous and watertight action thriller which is a must see for South Korean movie lovers as well as those who love thrillers, dramas and action films. The film is a class apart and seriously, I enjoyed it more than any other South Korean action thriller. Now I'm waiting to watch the director's cut soon.

taejin
I was expecting a normal crime movie but this movie was so much more! We see the world of an ex serial killer who suffers from Alzheimer and who wants to protect his daughter. But from who exactly?

I'm Really in love with the movie. I watched it 3 times in 4 days and I didn't lose the interest. If you love thriller movies just like me you'll not regret watching it. And if you confused about the ending (like me at the begin because I really thought a lot about the movie after watching it), you should watch the other version of the movie (Memoir of a Murder: Another Memory).
I hope I am not the only one who loves the movie this much.