• Last Online: 3 minutes ago

Minarii

Bulgaria
Her Private Life
May 30, 2019
Her Private Life would have become my favourite rom-com drama... if it ended on episode 14. Although I truly enjoyed (almost) every moment of it, it kind of lost its spark at the end and it became boring.

There are so many things that I loved here, but what made the drama that enjoying were definitely our main leads Sung Deok Mi and Ryan Gold. Not only their characters were perfect for each other, but Park Min Young and Kim Jae Wook's chemistry was the best. It was so natural that somewhere towards the end, it felt as if they weren't even acting anymore. I love how mature their relationship was which can't be seen very often in other rom-coms... unfortunately. The thing I loved the most about their relationship was how honest they were with each other - they cleared all misunderstanding just by talking, no pointless drama here. I loved the fact that Deok Mi was so considerate of Ryan and that was since the very beginning. And of course, Ryan was the same. Everything about their relationship was perfect and kudos to the writer for writing such a beautiful love story!

I was happy to see that fangirling was shown as a completely normal thing here. Deok Mi and Seon Joo are both in their 30s, but they are fangirls. Why not? There is nothing strange about it and I'm glad that the writer chose to show a different side of fangirling. As I fangirl myself, I'm very thankful for this. Seon Joo and Deok Mi were friendship goals honestly. Seon Joo is my favourite character here and I loved their relationship with her husband. And their child was sooo cute!

I think Eun Gi and Cindy were pretty pointless here, especially Cindy. At first, she seemed to be the antagonist, but then she became just a random character who had some funny scenes here and there. As for Eun Gi, he was sometimes annoying and his presence didn't really affect the story. I guess the writer just needed a second lead, because what is a rom-com without a second lead? And Ryan's friend was also annoying. I don't even remember her name, I couldn't get the point of her existence in the drama.

I didn't like the last two episodes. They were very boring, although there were some sweet moments with the main leads. I couldn't believe and I still can't that we had to see the same trope again..., why? Everything was good enough, so why would you ruin it? Eh, anyway, I was satisfied with the ending nevertheless.

So overall, despite being slightly disappointed by the last two episodes, I do recommed Her Private Life to all of you. It is not your usual rom-com and I believe you'll enjoy it. Oh, and while you are watching or after you finish it, don't forget to check out the bts videos that tvN uploaded, they will make you love the drama even more!

A Poem a Day
May 16, 2018
'the pain can also become a path'.

have you ever watched a drama that makes you so happy that you want to become a better person? 'a poem a day' felt like home to me. it made me feel like i really belong somewhere.

story:
the story was nothing that... impressive? at least at first sight. there is no much drama, pressure, it doesn't make you nervous about what will happen next. but it gives you a warm feeling, it makes you happy. it was interesting for me, although i have no interest in physiotherapy.
the romance between je wook and bo young was one of the most beautiful romantic stories i've ever seen in kdramas. i know, i've read in many comments, a lot of people find it boring, too 'formal', but no, it was just real. they were one normal couple. they loved each others, they supported each other, there were hugs and kisses, so i didn't really understand why some people thought that their relationship was unnatural. it just felt real.
another thing i have to mention is the patients stories. i cried my eyes out, they just felt too real.
i really liked the poems. they were so beautiful and they perfectly matched with the story.
but i was slightly disappointed in the end, i think some things should have happend but this doesn't change the fact that the story is good.

characters:
woo bo young - oh, our beautiful female lead. she was just a good person, she was trying to do her job right and to help the patients to recover. she truly cared about them. the thing i liked the most in her it's that she wasn't trying to hide her sensitivity. bo young was a strong female lead in one word.

ye je wook - i haven't seen a person who likes giving advices as much as him lol. he seemed cold in the beginning but after that you can see what a warm person he actually is. he treated everyone with respect and he was always telling what he thinks, he was honest with himself and with the others.

shin min ho - you either like him or you don't. personally, i like him. yes, sometimes he acted childishly, he had no sense of responsibility but at the end, he made the right decision no matter how hard it was for him. yes, he was sometimes selfish, but aren't we all like that? when we fall in love we want the person to have eyes only for us, we don't want to let him/her go. so how can we blame minho for that?

the side characters were really funny and pleasent to watch. their had their own hardships but they always found a way to endure it. i like seeing their character development, escpecially han joo yong's. i like how his friendship with dae band developed in a really good way.

acting:
the cast was completely new for me, the only actor who i knew was seo hyun chul.
i have no much to say, the acting was perfect. there wasn't anyone whose acting seemed unnatural, they all did a great job.

music:
beautiful ost, i love all of the songs. they suited the drama really well and they made it even better.

overall:
11/10 if you ask me. i like dramas that are close to reality and 'a poem a day' was a masterpiece for me. totally recommended!

Clean With Passion For Now
Feb 4, 2019
Okay, I’ll be honest here. I loved Clean With Passion For Now and I was ready to give you many reasons why you should watch it. But that was until episode 13. After the 13th episode, I came to realize that this drama was nothing but a waste of time with some fluttering moments here and there.

The best thing about CWPFN was the chemistry between the main leads. We had the best kiss scenes we could get. This is an unpopular opinion actually, but I like the main leads together. Yes, It was obvious that Yoo Jung was younger than Gyun Sang (and the fact that he is that huge does not help) but still, I think they suit each other.

But let me start with the negative things now. First, Yoo Jung’s character – Oh Sol. She was quite dumb in my opinion. I don’t know if she was poorly written or the writer wanted her to be like that for real. In any case, she wasn’t a likable female lead. She cried a lot and it was always her fault somehow. She always did something more or less wrong, and then feel bad about it. She was weak, but anyways, we are all like that sometimes.

Now, the plot… There’s not much about it though. The drama had a funny and sweet start, but couldn’t live up to its potential. There were too many useless things happening, too many pointless and boring characters appearing without leaving any impression on me. Clean With Passion For Now it’s that type of show in which you have to wait ages for the two mains (who obviously like each other) to confess their feelings and start a relationship. The second lead guy was sweet, but I didn't suffer from sls (gyun sang is the main lead, khm). But seriously, there were too many clichés and too much drama. Don't get me wrong, conflicts between the characters are what helps a drama develop, but in CWPFN they were kind of very poinltess and out of place. There were some ridiculous moments that made me laugh, but if you are really looking for a good comedy, then... this is not it.

The mysophobia is more like a subplot, I was intereted in it at the beginning... kind of. I don't know how realistic it was though, I'm not familiar enough with it so I can't say.

The acting was okay, I guess. I will always love Gyun Sang and the way he portrays his characters and I do love his chubby cheeks here. (I was really angry when I saw so many negative comments about his appearance). Kim Yoo Jung also did a good job.

The OST is what I loved the most! Give 'Cosmos' by Huh Gak a listen, you won't regret it!

So overall, I'm quite disappointed, I guess I expected too much. Clean With Passion For Now has a sweet romance, but nothing more. It's very drop-wrothy and you might want to skip a lot of scenes if you don't want to get bored. I don't really recommend it, but if you have nothing to watch, you can give it a try and see for yourself. At least it will make your heart flutter, at least once.

Life on Mars
Aug 8, 2018
A masterpiece. I have so many things to say but at the same time I can't say anything. So many feels and tears, 'Life on Mars' is the best drama of 2018 and one of the best dramas ever.

I haven't watched the original version so I can't tell which one is better, but I still believe that the korean version is a must-watch.

The story was brilliant, it keeps you interested til the very end. It makes you curious about so many things - was it a dream? or was it real? Is it really a time-travel drama or it's just an illusion? It's hard to find an answer for this question and even in the final episode, you don't know what to believe. I had so many theories about the plot twists, but I still couldn't find the right answer.
The crime part of the show was somehow different from what I've usually seen in other kdramas. But different is a positive way. But where is this difference coming from? The unique characters is the right answer. Every character brings a different light of the show - Han Tae Joo with his serious, but still good personality, Kang Dong Cheol with his angry, but at the same time playful moods, Yoon Na Young with her calm and intelligent behavior, they were all really different and they also had a different way for catching criminals. But despite these differences between them, they were such a great team!

I don't have much to say about the cast. All the actors and actresses did a perfect job. Kudos to Jung Kyung Ho for his brilliant portaying of Han Tae Joo. I could feel what he feels when I just look at his face.

The music suited the atmosphere the show brings and the drama is definitely a rewatch material.

Overall, 'Life on Mars' is a crime drama with many hear-warming moments you can enjoy, so I definitely recommend it.

Innocent Witness
Jul 2, 2019

Lawyers are humans, too.

''Innocent witness'' is unexpectedly a very heart-warming movie. The beginning was painfully slow, but the second half when the main characters finally started interacting, was much much better.

The storyline was quite predictable, if I have to be frank. I won't spoil anything, but you'll probably guess what's gonna happen in the end.

I loved Soon Ho and Ji Woo's relationship. Soon Ho changed a lot throughout the movie and he changed in a good way. Ji Woo was my sunshine. My heart ached whenever someone laughed at her or made her feel bad (I swear, that friend of hers was horrible). The movie shows how awful people sometimes can be. It shows that, when we see someone different, we laugh at them. It's heartbraking because the movie shows the truth. It was very realistically written.

I also loved Soon Ho and Hee Jung scenes. They were actually pretty funny. Soon Ho and his father's relationship was also nice to watch. When his father told him that it's okay to bring a guy at home my heart melted. I mean, we don't often see such a nice parents, do we?

As for the acting, it was brilliant! Especially kudos to Kim Hyang Gi, she was amazing! The movie wouldn't have been such an enjoyable ride without her presence.

Overall, I do recommend ''Innocent Witness''. It's very slow at first, but the ending was amazing and it's worth seeing! The movie shows what is to be ''a good person'' and it tells an important message.

Enjoy!

What's Wrong with Secretary Kim
Jul 27, 2018
‘What’s wrong with Secretary Kim’ Is a drama full of clichés, full of things we’ve already seen and we often find annoying. But the way those clichés are shown is what makes this drama different from all rom-com dramas we’ve seen.

Even the plot seems familiar – a rich arrogant man and his secretary fall in love with each other without realizing their feelings at the beginning.
Park Seo Joon plays Lee Yeong Joon – a narcissistic vice president who is full of self-confidence. When i first read the summary before started watching the drama, I thought that he will be like those arrogant male leads people usually find annoying. But he wasn’t like that, he wasn’t that arrogant type like Joo Joong Won from ‘The Master’s Sun’ for example. I think the writers exaggerated a little bit, saying that he doesn’t pay attention to the people around him since I didn’t see much of this side of him.
Park Min Young plays Kim Mi So – a smart secretary who was by his side for more than nine years. She is one of the strongest female leads I’ve seen in rom-com dramas. It’s really rare to see a mature female lead who is honest with herself, who always says what she thinks and who will always show your mistakes while being understanding at the same time.
Their romance was well-developed, one thing I liked the most about this drama is how honest their conversations were. They proved that when two people are honest with each other without having any secrets, the things between them will work out for sure. I liked how their relationship was getting stronger with every episode, the writers didn’t dragged the things between them much which was a big relief. Their chemistry was perfect, but what else can we expect from such actors like Seo Joon and Min Young. Their romance reminded me of Bo Yeong and Dr. Ye in 'A Poem a Day', no wonder the screenwriters are the same.

The other two couples – Yang Cheol & Se Ra and Ji Ah & Gwi Nam were also funny to watch. I especially liked Yang Cheol and Se Sa’s story, they were hilarious. I will never forget the moment with the Cola, it was my first time seeing that kind of confession, it was such a precious moment.

Most of the other characters had funny roles (except Yeong Joon’s brother maybe). Yoo Shik was hilarious most of the time, he’s the type of character we often see, but he was somehow different.

And now, the thing I didn’t like – all the shits with Secretary Kim and Yeong Joon’s past story. Another drama cliché – the two main leads know each other from their childhood and something bad happened to them then. With or without, it would have been the same. I think the writers tried to put some pressure to ‘shake’ the watchers a little bit, but it was boring most of the times. Yeah, the relationship between the main leads got stronger because of that, but still, they brought a character such as Yeong Joon’s brother, which dragged the drama a bit. Still, I didn't hate him.

The cameo appearance of Lee Minki and Jung So Min as Mi So’s parents made me so happy, it made me realize how much I miss ‘Because this is my first life’.
Also, I think it was 13 or 14 ep… They showed Eric and Hyun Jin’s kiss in ‘Another Miss Oh’, why did they do that? I almost got a heart attack. I mean, it was that kiss, that powerful kiss. If you’ve watched the drama there’s no way you can forget about that kiss, it was that powerful. Why did they have to torture me like that, I got too distracted of the romantic moment between the main leads when I saw that kiss.

Overall, it’s a good drama. Simple plot, but yet entertaining, cheesy and funny moments, a lot of kisses and brilliant acting. You can watch it if you want a light romance that won’t pressure you too much.

Eulachacha Waikiki 2
May 14, 2019
Firstly, I will not compare the two seasons in this review. And in case you are wondering - there's no need to watch the first season and then start the second, they are not connected. Of course both seasons are good so you can watch both, why not.

I am a person who doesn't laugh easily at dramas. It's very hard for a drama to make me cry from laughter, but Eulachacha Waikiki 2 somehow managed to do it. The comedy element in this is perfect, the screenwriter has a sense of humour, he did a brilliat job with the script.

Of course what makes Eulachacha Waikiki 2 so special are all the characters. Each of them has it's own charm and you can comfortaby connect with their personalities. I could easily relate to their life struggles-- actually, everyone can relate to them, because the problems they all went through are so familiar to every one of us - giving up on your dreams, not being able to do what you love the most, money, friendship, dating etc etc. Seeing them suffereing makes you feel sad and you can can't help but love them even more. Despite being a sitcom, Waikiki 2 adds some depth to the plotline which makes it meaningful. It's not just focusing on comedy and I loved that the most. It's not there just to make you laugh, but also think and feel.

We have three couples here and my favourite is Ki Bong and Yoo Ri. At first I didn't like Yoo Ri at all, she seemed too selfish and impudent, but as the story progressed, I fell in love with her and she became my favourite character. I believe they are the perfect match with Ki Bong and their interractions always made me so happy. I didn't care that much about the other two couples, I don't really know why. I liked Jun Ki and Jung Eun as friends, but nothing more. Jun Ki was legendary here (as always) and I didn't want to see him in a romantic relationship, I wanted the story to focus only on his character and his struggles because he has the funniest personallity. I think I liked Woo Shik and So Yeon the least - their story is the reason why I'm not giving the highest possible rating. I feel like they dragged the plot too much and it became a little boring. But at least we have the friendship between Woo Shik, Jun Ki and Ki Bong.

All the actors/actresses did a great job. But, of course, kudos to Lee Yi Kyung - this man is born to play in comedy dramas. His expressions were the funniest! It was also nice seeing Kim Ye Won playing different kind of role.

Overall, Waikiki 2 is a good watch. I hope you give it a try because it will make you happy for sure.

Touch Your Heart
Mar 28, 2019
It is so hard for me to say goodbye to Touch Your Heart and I can't help but being emotional right now. I was looking forward to every Wednesday and Thursday because I knew that for one hour straight, I would be the happiest person in this world.

TYH doesn't have an original plot, let's be all honest here. A ''cold-hearted'' man falling in love with his secretary, it's is very common, especially for comantic comedies. But as people say, don't judge a book by its cover. Because although the plot seems to be very cliché, it has well-developed story, stong characters, perfect cast and OST which makes it one of the best rom-coms I've ever seen.

I will start with the fact that the first episode is very misleading and it shows very typical characters. Lawyer Kwon Jung Rok -- our main lead appears to be a rude, arrogant, cold-hearted man who only cares about his job. He doesn't pay attention to the people around him and often ignores them. Oh Yeon Soo is a popular actress (not for her acting though), she seems to be very clumsy, foolish and kind of self-centered. And, of course, we have many supporing characters that will probably be the most boring part. The first episode (or maybe the first two) didn't leave a good impression on me. I usually don't like this kind of characters and I thought I will be watching WWWSK season 2. But little did i know back then that Touch Your Heart will become one of my favourite dramas ever!

I believe that what was shown in the first two episodes was on purpose, the writers just wanted to fool us. In episodes 3 and 4, we can already see the development of the characters - Yoon Seo becomes more confident and more responsible, because she realises how important her job is. Althought she struggles a lot, her passion never leaves her and that's the most lovable thing about her character. It is also shown how responisble job Jung Rok has and how busy he actually is which to some extent justifies his cold behaviour towards everyone. Plus he is kind of an introvert one, he doesn't feel comfortable around people and prefers to be alone.

All that development we can already see in the first few episodes. After that, the relationship between Jung Rok and Yoon Seo slowly grows. They start being more comfortable with each other and eventually they fall in love in such an innocnet way. The awkwardness of falling in love, the heart fluttering moments, the jealousy, the hesitation are all here. And the thing I absolutely loved about Jung Rok and Yoon Seo's relationship is that they are always honest with each other. You know, the most annoying thing in some dramas is when someone decides to hide the truth or lies and then let the drama begin, blah blah. There's no such a thing in Touch Your Heart... Or at least it didn't ruin the drama.

Besides Yoon Seo and Jung Rok, there are three more couples in TYH. My favourite one of them is Yoon Hyuk and Moon Hee, they were so funny. I didn't pay attention to Se Won and Yeo Reum, but that was because YR doesn't have much screen time although she is a main character. I loved Se Won and his bromance with Jung Rok though.

Touch Your Heart is a law drama or at least that's what the genres say. But the plot is not focused on the law part, don't expect many intense trials or something. There is one big case that was pulled off very well and some small ones that were enjoyable to watch.

The only thing I disliked is the fact that the writers chose to use one trope that is very common for korean dramas, but I hate it so much. Although it was carried off quite well, it was so out of place or at least that's how I felt about it. But this doesn't really change my opinion about the drama.

The cast was amazing, I don't really have something to tell here. I was so happy to see Yoo In Na and Lee Dong Wook together again, their chemistry was amazing! I know I might be a bit too greedy now, but I want to see them again! Lee Sang Woo also impressed me.

The OST... Oh my, everything about the OST songs was perfect. The artists, the melodies, the lyrics, everything.

This review is getting too long but I tried my best to give a brief explanation about the plot while expressing my thoughts. I have some more things to say, but I will stop here. Overall, Touch Your Heart is a drama that makes you happy. It makes you forget about your stressful life and your problems. It's definitely one of my favourite shows this year and it will hold a special place in my heart forever. I recommend it to everyone, you never know what you'll like. Enjoy your watch!

Familiar Wife
Sep 20, 2018
Familiar Wife deserves a solid 8, because it was just beautiful. I enjoyed every episode more or less.

I was really hyped about this drama since the plot reminded me of Go Back Couple which I loved, plus Ji Sung was the main lead. And, of course, the writer of Weightlifting Fairy KBJ. I couldn't ask for more.

However, the beginning disappointed a lot of people, because the plot seemed to be too similar to Go Back Couple and the characters were... not really likeable. But trust me, it gets better as the story progresses.

It's true that the plot is pretty similar to Go Back Couple, but there are a lot of differences. I still feel like the point of the two dramas is completely the same, but it is showed in a different way. Familiar Wife is more dark-themed, it felt too realistic although it's a time-travel fantasy.
I can say that the story developed well - the relationship between the main leads and the other characters was progressing with every episode. Ji Sung and Han Ji Min had good chemistry, I truly believed that they loved each other.
I didn't like the last episodes though (except for the ending). The plot felt too dragged, as if the writer was asking herself''So... what now?'' There was toooo much time-travel that it became confusing and sometimes boring. But the ending was beautiful and touching, I loved it. It was written well.
Yang Hee Sung is really good at writing characters, I admit. Maybe the thing I loved the most in this drama is how realistic all the characters looked. I mean, none of them was perfect. They all had their own negative sides, they all made mistakes and they regretted them. Especially Joo Hyuk, I've seen a lot of negative comments about his character, but the truth is that he was just a human being.

The acting was brilliant. Ji Sung never disappoints and Han Ji Min pulled off her role as well. Kang Han Na is really good at portaying this kind of characters, she deserves more.

Familiar Wife teaches you how important is to talk and listen. It proves that we should speak out our thoughts and problems. Because communication is important not just in marriage, but also in any kind of relationships. So if you are looking for something light and romantic that will make you think about a lot of things, then watch this. You won't waste you time, trust me.

The Beauty Inside
Nov 20, 2018
Thank you, 'The Beauty Inside', for saving the season for me. Seriously, I was so disappointed with most of the dramas that were airing this season, they either bored me or couldn't keep me interested til the end and became a big disappointment. But 'The Beauty Inside me' never disappointed me.

I know a lot of people were quite excited for this drama, because it is a remake of the popular korean movie 'The Beauty Inside', which I really, really adore. The movie was full of sadness, Woo Jin's life was life that noone of us could ever imagine. He had a new face evey day, he didn't even remember his own body. While here, in the kdrama version, Han Se Gye changes into a different body for only one week a month. It is very different from the original, so that's why some people were hesitating if the remake will be as good as the original. Well, trust me, it is.

I know it might seems like the cliche, cheesy dramas where the rich chaebol falls in love with a girl who has a hard life and they overcome their problems together blah blah blah. Well, it's pretty much that. But there were many other more important problems - self-acceptance, learning how to love yourself and the others and it shows the importance of the inner beauty.

I loved how the two main characters completed each other. With the help of Do Jae, Se Gye learns to love herself and all of her bodies. He helped her realise that her inner beauty is the most important. Do Jae also learns to love himslef thanks to Se Gye. As a man who suffers from Prosopagnosia, his life was a mess. He was insecure, lost, he didn't know where and how to ask for help. These two were really an inspiration for me.

I wish the second couple, Se Ra and Eun Ho had more screen time, I loved them as much as I loved the main couple. Ahn Jae Hyun was really something. His smile and chubby face were just out of this world.

I didn't like the melodrama part. I guess it was a necessary part of the development of the plot, but still. There were also some rushed moments that felt out of place. That's why I'm giving it an 8.

The cast was amazing! Seo Hyun Jin is my favourite actress and I was so happy to see her paired with Lee Min Ki. They both nailed it!

So. overall, 'The Beauty Inside' is a beautiful drama with strong characters and relationships and I recommend it to all of you.

( Also thanks, director-nim, for the cameo appearance of the Another Miss Oh cast at the end, it made the ending even more beautiful! )

The Third Charm
Nov 17, 2018
You know the feeling when you buy a new cake, it tastes good and you enjoy every bite of it at the beginning, but then you slowly understand that this cake contains something you are allergic to? That was The Third Charm for me. It was such a funny ride in the beginning, it made my heart flutter many times. But then, I slowly start to realise that the plot was going nowhere but in a way that leads to a toxic relationship.

There were so many things that went wrong. Did the writers forget the messege this drama was supposed to deliver? Or did they decide to change the purpose of that messege?

As I already mentioned, the beginning aka 'the first charm' was great. There was romance, many realistic and complicated at first glance characters, beautiful cinematography - everything you probably expect for such a great cast and promising synopsis. 'The second charm' was less interesting when it comes to the plot, but the chemistry between the two main leads was great.

When 'the second charm' ended, everything went downhill. Not just the fact that the plot became pointless and unbearable to watch, but the romance completely disappeared. I stopped supporting Young Jae and Joon Young relationship, it became too toxic and unhealthy for both of them. I wanted YJ to leave JY's life so they can be both happy.

Wow, surprise, there was no 'third charm'. Or at least I didn't see it. This also shows that the writers just forgot what was the point of this drama. But, if I have to be honest, the second charm was enough. It was already too much.

As for the supporting characters, I couldn't care less for them, Well, maybe Soo Jae, Young Jae's brother, was an exception. I really loved him, but there were some things he said that completely annoyed me. The second couple didn't have much screen time for me to care about them.

I'm closing my eyes, giving this a 6, when it's obvious that it doesn't deserve it. It had some good sayings, the actors and actresses did their jobs, the music was refreshing. But the main reason I'm overrating it a bit is because I feel sad that it had so much potential to become one of my faves this year. It's sad, really, but I don't recommend it.

I Hear Your Voice
Aug 23, 2018
I'm giving a high rating because I enjoyed the drama, but I still feel like something was missing.

The beginning of 'I hear your voice' was promising - to me, it seemed like the writers will pay more attention to the trials and the law part of the drama. And since I am a big fan of law dramas, i got excited. Too excited. Everything was okay, the pacing was normal, the stroyline was getting better and the characters were funny. And then, somewhere in the middle, it felt like the drama lost its spark. Not completely, there were exciting and thrilling moments, but it became too messy so it was easy for me to get annoyed and bored. The part that frustrated me the most was when the writers dropped the amnesia thing out of the blue. (I hope this is not a spoiler since there is an amnesia tag everyone can see) Seriously, it was unnecessary. I still don't understand the point of this amnesia.
The characters were the reason why I didn't give up on this drama, I loved every one of them. But if I have to say who's my favourite one, I'd say Kwan Woo. Seriously, Yoon Sang Hyun never disappoints with his roles. I don't know how, but he always chose the best fit for him, so I always end up loving his character. I loved every side character, I'm not joking. Every one of them. It's usually really rare for me to like every character, without having at least one that annoyed me. I couldn't even bring myself to hate the criminal despite all the people he murdered. He was cruel, but the people who made him like that... Yes, they were also cruel. There's no much to say about the two leads, Hye Sung developed a lot so that was a plus for her. Jong Suk's character was... not different from his other roles? Still, I liked Soo Ha. Another plus is that they didn't make Do Yeon a heartless bitch, she is maybe my second favourite character.
The ending was okay, but too predictable. Maybe the part I enjoyed the most was Dal Jung's trial.

The acting was good, no much to say. Kudos to Jung Woong In for his good portraying of the murderer.

Most of the OSTs songs weren't something special, but since they suits the drama well, I liked them.

I'm not sure if I'll rewatch this, but I will miss the characters, so who knows.

Overall, I'm giving an 8 mostly because of the characters. I'm not saying that the plot was bad or something, just i wish it would have been better.
Anyway, the drama teaches you that telling the truth is always the best option. It also makes you wonder if reading people's minds is actually a good idea. There are many good parts of it, so I recommend it no matter what genres you like.

Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim
Sep 13, 2018
It's been more than a month since I finished this drama. I couldn't write a review back then, because writing a review for me means that I completely finished the drama. The thought that I have no more episodes to watch made me want to cry. And I'm still like that, because I feel like 'Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim' became part of me.

This is the easiest 10s I've ever given. I kind of feel that all the dramas in my list with a five stars don't deserve them. Because they can't compare to Romantic Dr. It is just another level.

Before watching this, everyone should know one thing - you have to be ready to not just watch, but feel and understand. You have to be ready to feel what the characters feel and to be able to see the things from their perspective. I've seen a lot of negative comments from people who obvioulsy didn't do that and I felt hurt without a reason.

To be honest, I didn't like the first episode. Yes, the medical part seemed promising, but everything else... nah. The fast-paced romance was so strange for me that I started wondering if I should continue watching it. Well, I made the best decision. Because after the second episode, I became obsessed.
The medical part was brilliant. The surgeries were so intense, so real to the point that I was sometimes praying for the patients. And I'm not even that relligious. You have no idea how much I cried for the patients who died or for their families. Everything was so emotional, so well-written. Every second, every word made me forget that I'm watching a drama.
The romance disappointed a lot of people and no matter how much I try, I just can't understand why. It wasn't even a big part of the drama. It was refreshing and realistic. I founf it really enjoying to see how Seo Jung and Dong Joo's relationship was progressing.

I can't believe how much I loved all the characters. Every one of them had a special place in the drama. None of them felt unnecessary and it was easy to get to know them all. And not just know them, but also understand them and love them although they are not perfect. And that's why the drama was so realistic and so heart-warming.

First, I want to clear some things out. I've seen a lot of comments about the fact that Master Kim is not a romantic and the title of the drama is pointless and misleading. You know, romantic not always means love. Romantic sometimes means idealizing view of the reality. Having that in mind, Master Kim is a romantic.
I loved him and his passion. Yes, he was rude from time to time. Sometimes he was right, sometimes he was wrong. However, you can clearly see how much he cares in his eyes. You can see that with all the harsh things he say, he wants to make the people he cares about stronger.
Seo Jung is a stong female lead, maybe one of the strongest I've ever seen. She developed a lot. I loved the fact that she was honest with herself and her feelings. She overcame her trauma in the best way. She really deserved to be a doctor.
I loved Dong Joo since the beginning. Yes, his behaviour was annoying, but he was just a man who lost his path while being next to arrogant people. But he was a good person. He developed a lot, thanks to Master Kim, Seo Jung and Doldam Hospital in general. From a person who only cared about the opinion of the others, he developed into a doctor who only cares about the patients and doing a good job.
Also I can't help but mention In Beom. I didn't like him at first, mainly because of his lies. But in the end, he proved that he can be honest and independant. He also dveloped a lot.
Every side character brought a different light to the drama. I loved Manager Jang with his kind of foolish personality, Nurse Oh with her intelligence, Nurse Park with his cheerful smile and even the bad guy Yoon Wan wasn't completely unlikable.
The writer showed that rich chaebols are not always bad people which we rarely see in dramas. Chairman Shin proved that.

Overall, Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim is a must-watch. It teaches you so many things. I want to thank Kang Eung Kyung for writing such a masterpiece.
I won't be able to forget this drama and if you give it a try, you'll understand why. But remember, don't just watch, feel.

Deep in My Heart
Sep 9, 2019
''Deep in my Heart'' has a fresh storyline and the plot was very well-written. However, there's something about all chinese dramas I've seen (including DIMH) that just seems off. I feel like they lack emotion. Like there are so many things happening and some of them are supposed to move me, to make me feel but that never happens. I can't get fully invested in the storyline and I can't bring myself to care about the characters.

The drama started off very strongly and it is very fast-paced overall. You are introduced to the main plot in the first episodes and then you just wait the culprit to be found. Well, it was pretty obvious who the culprit is since the first few episodes, but I was curious to see what the whole situation was about. However, somewhere in the middle, I got tired of watching it and I found it very hard to finish. It got too dragged in my opinion. They could have kept it shorter.

The romance between Yi Fei and Han Bing was the reason I continue watching despite being slightly bored. There was something about them that I absolutely loved. I wanted to see their relationship developing and I just adore how nice Yi Fei was to Han Bing. Han Xue was ruining their moments though, I wish they didn't include this identity disorder, the drama would have been interesting even without it. It's not that I didn't like Han Xue but I strongly prefer Han Bing. The secondary couple was also cute.

Zhou Chen Gao was perfect as Kong Yi Fei and I'm definitely going to check out his other projects. As far as I know, this is his first main role? He was amazing! Nina Wang did a fairly good job at portrating both Han Bing and Han Xue. However, her crying scenes were a bit too much at times. Caesar Li acted very naturally and I loved his character, too. My only problem was Cui Xin Xin as Xiao Zhen. She wasn't convincing at all. Her expressions lacked emotion.

So overall, Deep in my Heart is a nice drama. It has its flaws, but it's enjoyable enough for me to recommend it.

Unnatural
Sep 6, 2019

''Live like you deserve to live.''

''Unnatural'' managed to touch my heart many times and this is why I love and appreciate it so much. Hidden gem, truly. Dramas like this one should be more popular.

Honestly I loved everything about it. The story was well-paced, the script was brilliantly written, the characters were endearing (except for the bad ones, they were disgusting as they should be), the cast did their job perfectly and the music was on point and made me cry a lot of times. Each case was very interesting but my favourite ones are the one with the suffocation and the school bullies (episode 6&7 I think?). They made me cry the most. I think the first two cases weren't that fascinating, but from episode 3 everything got better and I started enjoying it completely.

I adore everyone from UDI Lab. They were all amazing! Misumi Mikoto was a strong female lead and I appreciated her braveness and her way of thinking. Ishihara Satomi did a brilliant job here! Nakado had a cold appearance but with the time I was able to understand him and his pain. Kube was the cuuuuutest! Kubota stole my heart once again, he is adorable! And here comes my favourite character - Shouji Yuko! She was funny, strong, lovable and I love the intreactions between her and Misumi. What a great team the UDI lab workers were!

Honestly I don't even know what more to say. I highly recommend this to everyone. But prepare your tissues, ''Unnatural'' will play with your emotions, it hits quite hard at times.