Peach Girl

• Ranked: #2035

RaquelMaia
Nov 3, 2017
Here I am again going to see a movie without any expectation. I did not see the anime or read the manga, but I probably shoud see it.

Overall I liked the movie, it's super cliché really .... but super funny. I loved the characters, especially Kairi, the energy was fantastic, I think it was my favorite.
Sae was really strange, in my view, the way she reacted to things and her schemes, in the most creepy sense.I like Mizuki too, her character was diferente I guess and dramatic and super fun.

About the end I was surpirse but I like it.
Overall it's a funny and fun story.

hqtaemin
Nov 4, 2017
I was waiting for this movie for a while! Though I haven’t seen the anime or read the manga it was a really intresting watch! The characters were so energetic and all the actors and actresses played their roles well.

This movie definitely played with my emotions and made me happy one minute and sad the next. Though that is one of the characteristics of a good movie.

Though I think the whole Sae thing was a little off it added an interesting plot.

The background music wasn’t all that noticeable but it was incredible when it did stand out.

I would definitely watch this movie again and recommend it to others!

Ann Choo Ha
Nov 2, 2017
It is probably your cliche teens movie but I love the plots and casts. It is indeed a movie debut for Inoo Kei but I think he did a decent job potraying his character. And Yamamoto actually fits Momo's character so well for me.

The BGM and music probably does not affected me that much because I am into the story more than the music, but the background of the show is so colorful, and I would not mind to watch this show over and over again.

A movie you should watch if you want to take a brief break from study or work. It suits your weekend to-watch-list too ! ;)

heyfriday
Nov 8, 2017
First of all, I'm a sucker for cliche movies...BUT only if  its well-executed and well-written which thank God, this movie has provided. Damn my shoujo heart is so satisfied. The whole drama of who the hell will she end up with worked for me. Of course, I'm rooting for Kairi (though I have a crush on Toji). He was there when she was at her lowest and for the first time, we see a second male lead who pushes the "lead characters" to get together. Ugh that was so refreshing. He also had the most character depth and growth. You see, not everyone is good at acads and I love how he's a person who works hard on his own way. Momo on the other hand was the typical shoujo character who's in looooove~ She's a character who's really forgiving (and somehow naive) but also would stand up for herself (DAMN I LOVE THE FESTIVAL SCENE WHERE SHE WALKS OUT ON THE TWO GUYS). Toji was the character you'd want to swoon over. He was the perfect, clean cut, gentle but will save you kind-of-guy. BUT, I hate how he handled Sae's bait. I knew it was noble idiocy from the beginning. He didn't have much of screen time, hence for me he's just a cardboard, one-sided character. Sae was the manipulative bitch (probably a psychopath) who's happy whenever our the main character suffers. I'm glad we get to see a glimpse of her character when she falls for Ryo because he says he accepts her. She was annoying all throughout the movie but I guess I love what she did at the end. At least, we get to profit on her manipulative skills. The acting was so-so. Its a bit cringy at some parts but tolerable.

You see, everything about this movie is cliche. The betrayal of your closest friend, the noble idiocy of the boyfriend, the other male lead rescuing the lead girl, lead girl also wants to do noble idiocy...the list goes on. But you know what I really liked about this movie? The message that when you truly love someone, you'll want to make them happy even if that means letting them go.

P.S I haven't seen the manga or the anime.  So this is just the movie review per se (no comparison whatsoever)

Nina
Apr 3, 2018
Watched mainly for Mackenyu, which means I didn't know what to expect from everyone else. Which is good, because the movie as a whole required that you suspend your sense of logic while watching it - the main character vacillated between two guys, her "best friend" constantly made her life hell, and just my entire thought while watching was "why???"

Nagano Mei was the only decent actress in this, and despite her character's actions and motivations I like how she made Sae seem less like a caricature. Inoo Kei and Yamamoto Mizuki were ok, but this is the only project I've seen them in.

Basically - I would not watch this again, the one time I've watched it is good enough. Maybe I need to read the manga to understand it better.

hardpliers
Nov 16, 2017
As soon as I saw that this movie was coming out, I was really jumping from excitement. Seeing my favorite childhood anime turn into a live-action movie is a huge deal for me. And of course I had many expectation for the movie because the trailer looked so nice. But right from the very start when I sat down to watch this, all of my childhood dreams were shattered by the harsh reality. In my opinion, the biggest problem was not the plot ( the whole story was majorly changed from the original one in the anime or manga), but the actors and some of the scenes. It really felt like I was watching a cheap low-bugdet film, where they used inexperienced actors, despite the beautiful landscapes and backgrounds in the movie. However, some scenes felt really nostalgic and I was awed by the warming musical score. Overall, this movie adaptation did not exceed or nearly come close to my expectations. Nevertheless, I'd watch this movie again every once in a while. So if you're a fan of the original Peach Girl series, watch this and let me know if it was close to what you expected and if you enjoyed it.

pekopoko
Nov 5, 2017
Cute but weird. The story was also a bit confusing and tiring at times with the main actress jumping from one guy to the other.

The main turnoff for me was actually the acting. It made the whole story less credible. The only good actor was Nagano Mei and she played a secondary role. But I guess it is quite understandable since Inoo Kei is quite new to acting and Yamamoto Mizuki is mainly a model. Thus, overall, the cast choice wasn't that great and it deflates the value of the story itself.

I had high hopes for this movie since the manga is so famous but :/ I was honestly disappointed.

Nov 3, 2017
Another manga movie, but with an unexpected ending. Actually, the movie was too manga like, with some ridiculous scenes, like the one where the girl 'jumped' out of the window and the surgery recovering guy brought her back into the room using only one hand... But, it was cute enough, with a light mood towards the love story and the whole sparkly theme. The girl was good enough, though the crying scenes weren't her it game... The boys were good as well, especially the 'second' lead, who was cute and funny, but a little too boyish. Overall, an okay movie, its best feature being the ending.

Ngan
Nov 3, 2017
This was a rather nice and refreshing movie to watch. The cast was great and the storyline was good. In my opinion, since it was a movie so like 1h:56, even though the time seems long, but the story was very rush. For example, the interaction between the main girl and the second lead was very short, like its shown that they spent a lot of time together, but it felt as if they only spend 10 minutes together. The main guy looks quite young, his personality was also demonstrated as very childish, so compare the main girl she shown as to be much more mature, so therefore I didn't quite felt the chemistry between them at all. I was happy they made it into live action, but for me to rewatch a movie that is rather rush, no backstory and a non-passionate relationship between the lead, it is quite hard.

Nov 6, 2017
Adapted as a base on the almost perfect Peach Girl manga by Ueda Miwa.
"Peach  Girl" tells the story of Momo Adachi, an ordinary high school girl with  a small problem: She is from the swimming team and her skin is easily  browned, which makes her always confused with a Gal, urban tribe of  Japanese girls who can being associated with prostitution wear branded clothing so they need to get a lot of money) and gang-busting. She suffers from a lot of bullying because of this and to help, when  changing schools the only girl that talks to her is Sae Kashiwagi, a  little envious snake that all she does is to smear her behind her back.
The first impression is the most important, and for all intents and purposes, the "Peach Girl" has exploded. The  original manga was a mini epic shoujo drawing, with Momo trying to  manipulate the affections of two guys he really likes, avoiding the  occasionally malicious plans of his "friend." "Sae." Of a playful  reading, though stunned halfway , when Mangaka, Ueda Miwa, unconsciously decided to transform the entire cast.
The  anime dispenses with the idea of character development, so in a way,  we're already halfway to the "Peach Girl", right after the stage. The first episode pierces half the plot of the first graphic novel.
And the values of production ... we must really find a better term for this, because there is no value here to speak. The animation is terrible. I watched; Even the opening sequence reuses images and it looks like Flash animation is being routed through a 56k modem.
Now Live surprised me, the characters are successful, good  interpretation, finger choice of whoever interprets who, looking totally  different depending on the angle that is seen the cinematography is  spectacular.
The  color of Touji's hair on the anime was poor, he does not know what he  wants to be, and the boys generally had a high role, baby arms that do  not match with the frames of the body, Studio Comet really destroyed  with the sleeve who now fortunately showed their real value with live.
To continue with the "deep analysis" of the technical specifications,  the music is alternately a very pleasant mix, with a minimalist score  raised quite to the bottom for enhancement in cinematography and  narrative.
There's a bright spot so far, and that's the voice acting. "Peach Girl" would have been absolutely unforgivable without a  reasonable number of dialogues, and for the most part, the cast does the  material well.
From  the weak point is that things slow down slightly, but the  characterization and rhythm remain decidedly unhappy, and the chronology  still more. I can not say that the prognosis of the emotions that Live goes  through has an impact on all spectators, yet the well-crafted story of  its own merits makes Peach Girl memorable.
Recommended mainly for manga fans. There are some themes of violence and adults, especially later in the series. For  now, it's good for young people and teenagers, though later chapters of  the manga feature themes involving rape, blackmail, and teenage  pregnancy.

WerewolfPrince
Overall, I think the best way to fully enjoy this movie is if you’ve read the manga or watched the anime. I feel that you’d get the best experience that way, since it does follow fairly closely to its original counterparts.

That being said, the movie does give off a sense of nostalgia. It was a fun watch, even though it was a little cliche/cringy at times.

Now I only wonder if they plan to make a live action of the sequel since the actors ages would be more appropriate for a TYL setting.
edlitaM
Sep 3, 2018
If you can't stand clichés and unrealistic love stories, than I'd say: stay away from this movie! But since I actually don't mind none of the above I ended up quite liking this movie.
PLOT
The plot is simple: girl has a secret crush on boy, other boy has a (not so secret) crush on her. The famous love triangle. But the story gets much more complicated than this and it often leaves you surprised as this movie has some really good plot-twists. At times I even found it too fast-faced: in some scenes I was confused and didn't really understand what was going on. But don't worry, everything becomes clear just after a bit.
CHARACTERS:
Kairi was my favorite: so genuinely nice and thoughtful behind his clown-of-the-class appearance. He comes from a troubled family situation, with his mom being absent (dead I suppose?) and his dad being disappointed by him, and I'm glad he didn't get affected by this becoming a "bad boy", which is usually what happens in movies and dramas similar to this. Also I really enjoyed the fact that his dream is to become a pastry chef, which is something I had never seen before.
Honestly, I don't have much to say about the other characters: Adachi was nice but nothing special, same goes for Toji, who's definetly attractive but not so exciting. Last, Sae: soooo annoying and the perfect villain, the classic "mean girl". I hated how kind Adachi was to her despite the amount of bad things her so-called-friend had done to her, but I can turn a blind eye on that since Sae got her redemption at the end and became a better person.
FINAL THOUGHTS:
Overall I found it a very sweet and cute love story, definitely enjoyable. This will leave you with a smile on your face and it'll make you feel cuddly inside. Would recommend!
(Just keep in mind that this isn't a masterpiece but just a simple fluffy movie and that sometimes it can get a bit cringey)