Memory Lost (2016) poster

Saek0
Oct 15, 2017
So firstly i want to say that i have watched all  seasons, and i was kinda not sure on which one should i write the review.
However lets begin.
First of all the story  was really cool, i  really liked the  crime part of it . The idea of having an organisation  full of murderers is just PERFECT. This drama kept me interested till the end. You never know how the story is going to  unfold.The thing that really attracted me at the begining was the portray of the female lead- she is not a typical chinese or any kind of drama lead. She is a  strong and undepedandant woman, who can fight for herself and the people she loves and really importat wasnt annoying which could have happened really easy . Not to forget all the murderers were fantastic presented , their charectrer and why they became criminals  was really good made.
So i am going to recommend this drama to all people who enjoy crime ,mystery with lots of love elements in it. It is definitely not the typical crime drama.And if you are looking for somthing with less drama in it ( i mean love drama,however  a lot of love figures were involved hahahah it was definitely not only a triangle hahaha) this is the perfect example - there is none hahaha
My rating is around 8.5~9  out of 10.
Highly enjoyable .

Panda_San
Sep 21, 2017
I started this after I saw a lot of people talking about it , I finished this season to find out that it has 2 more additional seasons !!! So basically the story involves around the leads actors when they cross paths and help each other to solve crimes , which apparently helps them to unlock the mysteries of their past. The chemistry between the leads is so good even though their romance was a bit sudden, but I guess their history makes it logical . So overall I loved this drama , loved both their romance and the action scenes . It kinda reminds me of : When a Snail Falls in Love & Love Me If You Dare ! I think it has the same feeling so if you find these 2 drama were good , then you should see this one for sure !!!!

Sylvia Casarez
Nov 20, 2017
The actors where all selected to play the right parts. If u enjoy CSI,  Criminal Intent u'll enjoy this drama. White Bai is totally hot. Please take the time to watch. Music is awesome & upbeat. Goes great w the story of hand picked top notch officers of various fields.
Doing their best to stay on the heels of the wrongdoers killers who see themselves above the law. Its supper great seeing each talent at work analysing the sick individuals who are committing the crimes/killings. Even though they feel they're doing the justice that the courts failed to do simply because the committer was wealthy.

Fighter of Destiny
Mar 6, 2018
This is my first time writing a review so my review might not be very helpful. I kept thinking about this drama, something I usually don't (I tend to forget about it and move to the next one) so I might as well write a review.

The three parts are continuation to the story that ends in the previous.

I don't watch a lot of crime/ thriller/ detective dramas so this is one of the few I've watched. After watching Memory Lost, I think I am going to give these genres a try. I watched all the three seasons so am going to write an overall review. The story has several twists and it gets interesting as you watch it. I liked the story right from the beginning, it had action in the very first episode which got me hooked.

The actors did an amazing job- they kept the story moving and thrilling. There are several scenes in the drama which get you emotional and involved in the story. I felt as if I was part of the story. The lead actors did an amazing job. Bai Yu and Yang Rong played their roles very well. The sizzling chemistry between them was unique and I loved it. The actors of the Alphabet Syndicate executed their roles extremely well.

Coming to music, there aren't a lot of variety you get to hear in this drama. I really liked Deep Sleep (??) by Yang Rong and Bai Yu. It suited the mood of the drama. However, the song videos in the drama have spoilers, it's best if you don't watch them till the last episode of the drama. You can listen to the song, though. :)

This is the first time, I feel like re-watching a drama. I would like to re-watch it sometime soon because of the balance in romance and action int he drama. I usually don't re-watch dramas because they get boring with the dialogues and scenes. However, in this one, the scenes aren't at all boring and it has witty exchanges, especially between the lead actors, so no chance of dialogues getting boring.

All in all, I think Memory Lost is a wonderful drama and has new experiences to provide to its viewers. The theme song is another reason I liked the drama.

Recommended. :)

Jacob Oliver
May 16, 2019
Number 1 top couple in the over 100 dramas watched so far! Every scene between the two main leads are either so strained, funny, sweet, or sexy that I'd want to watch them all over again without any interruption from the rest of the story. I especially like Yang Rong and would love to see her in more lead roles as a badass, modern working woman in romance dramas. She has a solid presence, is really voluptuously beautiful and incredibly adorable.

The story was pretty good, not bad for a second viewing after a few months or more. The supporting characters were well done and the acting was superb. All of the crimes were interesting, but at some point they, and the criminal psycology, became too artistic.

Overall, the greatest value to this drama is Yang Rong, the romance, and the chemistry between the leads.

Jeanette
Oct 24, 2017
After watching Love O2O, I went in watching this drama not finding the male lead in this drama appealing.  That changed as I watched several episodes.  The chemistry between the two leads was amazing and won me over.  What I did not like were some of the over the top storylines and the sex crimes were taken so lightly, though I understand it's what grabs the attention of many viewers.

Overall, Memory Lost was mostly fun and interesting.  Wish the second lead had more expression and interaction with the female lead.
QAS
Nov 1, 2017
I watched the entire drama of 36 episodes in 1 1/2 weeks.  The actors were interesting and good looking.  The setting, Lan City, is a perfect, beautiful, clean, spacious city, and the police station is high end.  This is a review of the entire drama; Seasons 1, 2 and 3.

The story begins in the current time, with some mysterious reference to five years prior. As the drama moves forward, we learn that the main characters have wide gaps in their memories of five years prior. No surprise! A number of Alphabet Villains are introduced strategically with every new crime in Lan City, and it is obvious that they were involved with those lost memories.

As the drama reaches the last stretch, the scriptwriter takes a flashback (aka time jump backward) to five years prior, to explain the Alphabet Villains’ megalomaniacal master plan.  This is spread over five or six episodes needlessly, when we just want to see the conclusion of the drama.

The casting is very good.  Bai Yu is exceptional as Han Chen, who is a knight in shining armor.  Yong Rang is not exceptional as Bai Jin Xi/Su Mian. The character is obnoxious and egocentric, and chatty.  She also hits her subordinate throughout the drama, which is not professional behavior. She stops being obnoxious, but is still egocentric and chatty.

The three supporting actors who play the young and handsome supporting Black Shield detectives, are very efficient.  The teamwork of the Black Shield members and their supervisor is exceptional.

The supporting actors who play the young and handsome Alphabet Villains are efficient. The teamwork of the villains falls apart.   The old adage, “ Too many chefs (...villains) spoil the broth." comes to mind.

A very good O.S.T.!

Rewatch value 4.5
Should I forget that I watched the drama, I might end up watching it again.  (Lost memory! Muahahahaha!)

The drama is praiseworthy. The production values are high, and all the actors deliver very good performances.  The plot is clever, but the script is confusing at times, as it randomly jumps backward in time, and the villains keep popping up at the oddest times.  The script would have been solid if the drama had started out the gate with the villains hatching their diabolical master plan, the main leads losing their memories, and the time jump to five years later, when the drama actually began.