Shin Seok Heon, who works as security guard, happens to gain a psychokinesis supernatural power after drinking water polluted by a meteor matter. He then learns that his ex-wife was killed by one of the paid vandalizes set on destroying her daughters restaurant to build a shopping center. He then meets his daughter, Roo Mi, and gets involved in the fight to protect the neighborhood.
(Source: Written by MyDramaList)
Cast & Credits
It introduced characters as if they were going to bring any contribution to the plot, but they were just there for nothing (maybe just an excuse to elongate the story), starting from the opening scene where they introduce the father.
This movie did not make me care about anyone, but I do give it to them, the special effects were good.
I just think that this movie did not fit as a comedy- they could have added some comedic dialogue, but they didn't. The only funny thing about it (I'm guessing) was the way the father would use his powers. Other than that, I don't see the comedy of it. If there was anything more than that, then that comedy isn't my taste I suppose.
- Ryu Seung-ryong is aptly cast for the lead role and he is very impressive as the psychokinetic superhero who's very relatable and like any other human being. Shim Eun-kyung's performance is excellent and remarkable. Jung Yu-mi also impresses big time in a limited yet well-written character.
- The visual effects are top notch and realistic. The VFX team has not made us "feel" the VFX, and that's a major plus for a film depending a lot on visual effects.
- The action sequences are the best for any superhero film. Creativity is visible in every frame of the action blocks, particularly the final one, which is bound to be greeted with claps and whistles.
- The music is heartwarming and fits very well into the narrative. It enhances the impact from time to time.
- The emotional sequences are impactful and have been handled very well.
- The cinematography and other technical aspects are also excellent, and the production values are very impressive.
- The editing is excellent at 101 minutes as there's nothing boring or unimpressive throughout the whole movie. Director should be praised for blending action, comedy and emotions very well, in a proper proportion in the movie.
- The humor is very effective.
- The ending is very good.
Repeat value: ABSOLUTELY!
PSYCHOKINESIS is South Korea's first attempt at the superhero genre and it needs to be both encouraged as well as appreciated, especially when it's so well made and masterfully crafted.