Let's Go, JETS! From Small Town Girls to U.S. Champions?! (2017) poster

film à voir

Sabby
Jul 12, 2017
I watched this on flight weeks ago and it's really good. hahahaha i love it. i love suzu hirose's character here so cheerful and looks natural. not boring and overall it's fun to watch.
Sep 20, 2017
It was good, could be better!
Based on the true story of the dance team at Fukui Commercial High School in Japan, the film revolves around Hikari, who wants to join the dance club because of his impressive Mackenyu. Soon she realizes that the person in charge of the dance club is Kaoruko Saotome, a meaningless trainer who is known for his rough training method. Throughout the training, Saotome appoints Ayano Tamaki as club leader to oversee the entire team including Yui Kito of Hirona Yamazaki, Taeko Azuma of Miu Tomita and Ayumi Nagai of Haruka Fukuhara) as they learn to shape the next national championship of the National Dance Alliance (NDA) in the United States ...
Who does not remember the movie "Bring It On" from 2001? He remembers except for comedy the director was more interested in the point of view of the characters. In fact, the animated animation sequences are quite straightforward and I dare say, more grounded than the Hollywood counterparts on the subject of cheerleading.
The script is essentially a typical story but fortunately, "JETS!" can be quite fun.
The movie starts shaking, while some of the comedy moments tend to get very annoying or try to be funny. A long film that could very well be edited, particularly during the extended midway act. So there are personal bows of some characters that they can not fully realize. For example, a scene involving the problem of Taeko Azuma's family with his mother (Tamae Ando) is shown only hastyly.
Despite some of the shortcomings, the film benefits from a compelling cast. Suzu Hirose, better known by CHIHAYAFURU PART 1 and 2 of 2016, is instantly friendly and affable as Hikari. The rest of the young cast, including Ayami Nakajo, Hirona Yamazaki and Miu Tomita, are equally noteworthy while Yuki Amami is quite adequate in his role of strict coach as Kaoruko Saotome. "JETS!" offers nothing new in terms of plot and characters, but the charming cast led by Suzu Hirose can breathe some life into this underdog story of a cheerleading team.

Patricia
Aug 28, 2017
I was on a flight looking for films to watch. I like South East Asian Movies so I always browse the Chinese/Korean/Japanese movies available to watch. I liked the premise right away. Based on a true story it was a light comedy that one can relax watching.

The story is about a group of Japanese High Schoolers coming together to participate in cheerleading competition in the US and the process, the struggles, the challenges they had to go through to get there. The movie is in theory just another cheerleading film, one who happens to take place in Japan. There's nothing new about that but Japan doesn't have a long-standing tradition in cheerleading when compared to the US the Japanese culture is very different from the Western Culture in the broad sense of the expression, not the literal one, therefore it's inspiring. It shows that determination and hard-work can make dreams come true but that's not something new either.

The acting was good, nothing exceptional but good as was the music to put it simply.

Overall it was a nice comedy, light, breezy, fluffy and entertaining!

Pranita Chaturvedi
Jun 1, 2019
I saw this movie today and I'm quite satisfied with it ! I loved the cast, the dancing sequences, the songs during performances and everything.
In some places/countries, cheer dancing isn't that much popular among the people. But in this movie, they showed the Fukui Commercial High School of Japan do it gracefully. Some characters had their own ups and downs but they still made it. Some finally achieved their dreams.
The final cheer dance piece was something I can re-watch n number of times. It was beautiful.
At the last part, I was teary eyed but those were tears of happiness. This movie was definitely worth the 2 hours.
I want to write so much more but I don't know how to put my feelings regarding this movie in words. It was that that good.
If you haven't watched the movie then go watch it !!!!!!!

Oct 11, 2018
A light movie that you won't remember after watching. The whole story is just okay, though the one thing that had this movie going for it is the cast. If you are familiar with Japanese movies, then you'll know most of the cast and you'll know that there will be some solid performances. Also, the leading lady was amazing and she was the sole star of the whole movie. So, 5 out of 10, because it was well made and because of the cast, but the story overall was like those american movies about cheerleaders in competitions.