The Underwear

KainGuru
Apr 16, 2017
STORY: The lives of a group of people intertwine at a popular coffee shop, through a popular web blog "The Underwear", and high school. This series has straight and gay themes but, unfortunately, EVERYONE is in love with the WRONG person! It'd be fine to see one example of it but the entire cast is in love with someone who loves someone else.

ACTING/CAST: Pretty faces, hot bodies, seems they can play their parts. There's some GL in this and they did not cut the kissing scenes...the actresses made it look real, very nice.

MUSIC: Great music and it was English-subbed. Seriously, is there a Thai drama that doesn't have great music?

REWATCH VALUE: Once through is fine

OVERALL: With every couple in every scene having one person in love with someone else, it's overbearing and exhausting. This series doesn't present enough side stories. This show should be subtitled: "The Underwear: Love Triangles."

aurelia
Jul 16, 2017
Second Thai drama I've ever watched and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised about how much I like this drama. It takes a look at various relationships in detail and is very consistent with story building and character arcs.
I am happy about the couples that ended up together (i don't think they were confirmed as endgame which lets you choose your own ending, which is nice..) although I'd love to see a second season where we focus even more on the relationships.

Greatly recommend it!!
jod1911
Dec 30, 2018
The Underwear is one of my least favorite Thai dramas, but since I love Thai dramas, it's still watchable. I decided to watch The Underwear mainly because it is available on Netflix.
The writers took this one in a different direction by adding a lot of uncertainty to the story line and tackling more mature and unproven themes such as suicide. They should be commended for trying something new. For example, it's great to see a lesbian relationship and their struggles supported by the guys.
Right from the first episode it becomes clear that the main characters' destinies are far from certain. In most other Thai dramas, you know who is supposed to end up with whom and the fun is watching all the twists and turns before the inevitable happens. Don't expect to see much pure and innocent romance either. The problem is the creators are trying to beat Hollywood at their own game. Why bother to read the subtitles when I can get the same type of content in my native language?
Okay, so maybe it's worth watching for the "hot bodies"?

lokiedokie
Jan 10, 2018
This is the first Thai drama that I've watched, and I've got to say that I'm glad it's over and I can stop watching it now. Thanks to whoever subbed the entire series in English, but there was a substantial amount of translated dialogue that did not make sense or felt super choppy. There were other times where the dialogue just seemed really juvenile? The writing made it so the characters would have to basically spell out how they were feeling to another character. Subtlety did not exist because the characters just wouldn't catch on. And there was such a disconnect with the acting at times as well. It would feel like there was no emotion in some of the actors, especially the extras that would communicate with the more prominent characters.
There's many different story lines within the show, which is fun, but I found myself only rooting for one story line by the end of the 3rd episode (which is Mon and Tofu's quirky friendship). The writing of the characters and the story line just makes you dislike the majority of the cast, and I would either be creeped out, angry, or frustrated, or tired of whatever scene was going on, because everyone is so unrealistically problematic to where I just could not forgive a character for something terrible that they did. Usually, high school/college(?) dramas are unrealistic, but realistic enough to fool you into thinking that this could happen to people in real life, but this drama is a little too much. TIme and continuity is also kind of a mess on this show. I wish I could explain in better detail, but I would have to use examples, which wouldn't necessarily spoil it, but I don't want to risk it.

Basically, I'm glad I watched it, because I got to see the story line that I saw close out, but I never want to watch it again. The music was really cute though, I loved that.