• Gender: Male

KainGuru

Seattle, WA
The Boy Next Door
Apr 16, 2017
STORY: OMG This was SO FUNNY! It had me rolling! You gotta see this. True, it's super short, all the episodes are 5-7 minutes, but it's great. Very fun to watch. And it just keeps getting funnier! Also has some great tender moments.

ACTING/CAST: These guys were quite cute and they did a good job.

MUSIC: After watching this again, the music is very good.

REWATCH VALUE: Yes. I already rewatched it with a friend. So hilarious.

OVERALL: Want something funny to watch? This is great. I hope they continue this series.
Falling in Love with a Rival
Mar 29, 2017
STORY: This is such a funny show. The loser tries to get back at his ex-girlfriend by getting her new boyfriend to fall in love with him but oops, he also falls in love with the boyfriend he's trying to seduce! A ton of comedy ensues. I'm always annoyed by the strong seme/uke dynamic even though the uke isn't a total pushover in this.

Total run-time: 2 hours 34 minutes over 8 episodes, so each episode is around 20 minutes long. Get this, the intro is 1m 45s, and the credits are 2m 30s! Each episode has more than 4 minutes of bloated credits! Cut that out and the whole show is probably only 2 hours long!

ACTING/CAST: The cast are all very attractive, and play their parts well. I totally loved the part played by the doctor.

MUSIC: Standard drama music. Nothing stood out for me.

REWATCH VALUE: Yes, this is a neat series. Gonna watch with a friend.

OVERALL: Fun series, with cute guys and it's also short. Binge on!

Like Love
Mar 29, 2017
STORY: The details section above describes this show well. It's quirky, funny, there are some serious sex scenes, but the whole show is really all about Maiding, this crazy otaku (only word I could think of) chases after An Zi Yan. Mai Ding is such a persistent pest! He's so adorkable (the only other word I thought of)! He tries SO hard to reach through An Zi Yan's walls and reach his heart and finally wins him over. There's some problems with family and gay acceptance issues that the couple must overcome.

Total run-time: Uncut version, 3h, 14m over 2 parts. This is actually a series of 15 episodes but what I watched was combined into two parts.

ACTING/CAST: All did a good job and Mai Ding is too much!

MUSIC: This soundtrack is spectacular. I've listened to it many times. It's all in Chinese so very tough to get good English lyrics though.

REWATCH VALUE: Yup, seen it many times.

OVERALL: Lots of funny and feel good moments sprinkled with some good dramatic moments. Definitely worth your time.

TL;DR: A fun movie where the uke chases the seme in an effort to get the seme to fall in love.

Red Balloon
Jun 22, 2017
STORY: Each short episode packs a lot of story and some parts may seem out of sequence but the final episode ties it all together really nicely.

ACTING/CAST: Both the younger and older selves are cute guys. They did a fine job.

MUSIC: If I could have given an 11 or more, I would have. Outstanding music.

REWATCH VALUE: It's practically required to get the most out of the story.

OVERALL: A great BL story with cute cast and amazing soundtrack.
Senior Secret Love: Puppy Honey 2
Apr 20, 2017
STORY: Porsche left to work in another city, leaving Emma behind. She meets Night who has had a crush on her since High School. Pick still can't figure out what to do with Rome, but now another guy, Din has started hanging out with Rome which makes Pick jealous.

ACTING/CAST: All great actors, so nice to see many of them come together from different series.

MUSIC: Great music.

REWATCH VALUE: Yeah, just the parts with Rome and Pick.

OVERALL: I am kinda sad to see the warm, sweet charm of Season 1 disappear. They definitely went in a different direction. Porsche is very moody and not as charismatic as before. Adding more cast has added much more tension. It feels like the innocence was lost between seasons.

The Fairy Fox
Mar 28, 2017
STORY: A fantasy about a reincarnated guy, Xiao Mo, with no memory of his past living in the modern-day who has a spiritual guardian Lu Bai (a fairy fox) protecting him because in Xiao Mo's past life, he sacrificed himself to save Lu Bai. Xiao Mo is now a dork that bumbles through life at the mercy of his sister and his friends who are always looking out for him. Being the first season, it's slow in parts as the story is being established. There is some fan service but no real BL to speak of.

NOTE: The official YouTube channel does not have subtitles and blocked Fruitylads's posts. Try Google. Also, these episodes average 25 minutes with a staggering 5.5 minutes of opening/closing credits!

ACTING/CAST: The ENTIRE cast are all very HOT! You will see a scene where Lu Bai does Cosplay; I am at a loss for words to explain how amazing he looks. There's so much good chemistry here, especially between Xiao Mo and Lu Bai. The cast are young and inexperienced, and it shows.

MUSIC: I like the main theme and the credits and there's some good background music, like the haunting piano melody when something bad is happening.

REWATCH VALUE: Yes. Already have. I simply love the story and concept even if all the BL was cut out of it.

OVERALL: I love fantasy but wish there was more focus on a bromance instead of just fan service. Watch the prequel movies too.

The Underwear
Apr 16, 2017
STORY: The lives of a group of people intertwine at a popular coffee shop, through a popular web blog "The Underwear", and high school. This series has straight and gay themes but, unfortunately, EVERYONE is in love with the WRONG person! It'd be fine to see one example of it but the entire cast is in love with someone who loves someone else.

ACTING/CAST: Pretty faces, hot bodies, seems they can play their parts. There's some GL in this and they did not cut the kissing scenes...the actresses made it look real, very nice.

MUSIC: Great music and it was English-subbed. Seriously, is there a Thai drama that doesn't have great music?

REWATCH VALUE: Once through is fine

OVERALL: With every couple in every scene having one person in love with someone else, it's overbearing and exhausting. This series doesn't present enough side stories. This show should be subtitled: "The Underwear: Love Triangles."

I Like You, You Know?
Apr 3, 2017
STORY: A guy (Chu Tian Ji) has a long-time roommate (Xin You Zhu) who is in love with him but he doesn't feel the same and fears he may not be able to return the love. Chu meets a woman he comes to like but he has a severe distrust of women based on a bad childhood experience.

ACTING/CAST: Nice cast, they do a good decent job acting. BTW: I used the cast names as they are in the list. I don't know Chinese, Pinyin, or anything else.

MUSIC: There's a real cool song sung by Xin that I wish was translated. The video I watched had audio quality issues so I'm not really how to grade this.

REWATCH VALUE: Nah.

OVERALL: The best part of this series are the BL moments. The rest was rather boring. You might be tempted to watch the fan-edited clips that omit everything but the BL. It's not bad to do so but the boring bits do add overall to the story and explain the funky ending. The worse part about the BL is that it's all one-sided romantic love. Xin is "waiting" on Chu to fall in love with him (do people really do this?). It's true, Chu loves Xin but "not in that way." Super annoying. And to have to sit through 4.5 hours of it!? Xin deserved better than that. Oh yeah, the ending: it's not bad or good, just open ended, like a cliff-hanger. Nobody dies. It just...ends. This story is simply unfinished. Also apparently the first 8 episodes deal with Chu and Xin, the second 8 episodes are a different story/cast. I can't seem to find those though.

TL;DR: Well, if you want to watch a slow, one-sided, unrequited burn that ends abruptly, this is your ticket.

Yandai Byway no.10 - special
Apr 9, 2017
STORY: There are 2 extra chapters, each 10 minutes long. They deal with Liang Ze's drinking problem. It's not clear where this take place in the timeline, before or after episode 10. Still, it's 20 more minutes of watching this cute couple.

If you liked the main story, watch this.

HINT: Google "Yandaixiejie Additional Chapters". They are on YouTube.
Revive
May 1, 2017
STORY: An actor gets in a car wreck due to foul play and wakes up to find that he was surgically altered using the face of the other driver who died. He now has to take on this other guy's identity in a quest for revenge. This is a very good story with a well-written script. There are few moments of levity and only some suggestive bromance. It ends with is a season-ending cliffhanger.

ACTING/CAST: Quite excellent. I think Ma Ke (Du Yun Xiu) did a great job and is much more capable and versatile of an actor than the part required, which was a shame; most of the series he was simply scripted to be broody.

MUSIC: The music was good. The main song was English subbed.

REWATCH VALUE: I probably won't, but I will recommend this to my friends.

OVERALL: A very intriguing show, kept me interested the whole way. The pace slows in later episodes. The English subtitles were adequate, but could have really used a fluent English editor.

Till Death Tear Us Apart
Apr 3, 2017
STORY: Besides what's in the description above, I'll add that this is a drama that takes place in China during an "anti-Japanese" war with two factions fighting against one another. There is a lot of covert plots, espionage, secret service, and all that great stuff. This series was really gripping. I was glued for a 15 episode binge.

Total run time: approx 5h 23m. Each episode is around 18-22 minutes long but have 5 minutes of credits and in some cases another minute of what happened last episode. Take that all out and the run time is a lot shorter. Easy to binge in one setting with the fast-forward button.

ACTING/CAST: Same basic cast that is in Love Is More Than a Word. So it was nice to see them in different parts. They all do a great job. I totally loved Lu Zhou in both dramas and in this one he's a gun-wielding bad-ass. Also, the villian, Gu Han, from The Fairy Fox makes a cameo in one episode; see if you can spot him.

MUSIC: It was great actually. It made this show seem like a sweeping epic.

REWATCH VALUE: Of course! This is a great show with so much intrigue I need to watch it again.

OVERALL: Amazing production value. Shot in full 1080p! The sets and costume design are spectacular. It's a gorgeous production. I wish each episode was longer: credits just chew up so much screen time. For those looking for the BL aspect, there isn't anything overt but maybe something will happen in season 2.

Love Online: Extra
Dec 7, 2017
STORY: This is a bromance, heavy on the bro, light on the mance. It is an entertaining show, the script is sharp and fun and watching the two characters go from hating each other to being best friends was nice. At the beginning and end it does seem to suggest they are a couple but it's only hinted at.

ACTING/CAST: They are very handsome guys and they act well.

MUSIC: Didn't pay attention.

REWATCH VALUE: Only if there was more than just a bromance.

OVERALL: If you are looking for a genuine BL story, look elsewhere.
Customized Companion
May 28, 2017
STORY: * BL STORY * This does have a sci-fi feel to it. As unrealistic as it is that an phone app can summon a hologram (or a virtual person anyway). It also is part psychological thriller. I really liked that it showed a long-term relationship of two guys, even though it is going through tough times. This does have a happy ending.

ACTING/CAST: Absolutely superb. I was amazed at how well these actors conveyed the emotions of their characters. They weren't bashful during the "making out" scenes either. The actor playing Lin has some very pretty eyes.

MUSIC: It was good and a bit sorrowful.

REWATCH VALUE: I liked this enough to watch it again with a friend.

OVERALL: I WANT THAT APP! Watch this and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Choose
Apr 17, 2017
STORY: Ton and Tawan love each other deeply but their love is tested by Ton's new secretary who seems to be the perfect match for him. Then Tawan starts acting distant and cold towards Ton, pushing him away.

Total run-time: 60 minutes over 5 episodes, or about 12 minutes each. Easy binge.

Much of this show is shot out-of-sequence and it's all brought together in the final episode. Bring tissue because it's so touching. It's a happy ending but very tearful.

ACTING/CAST: Ever since Grey Rainbow have I wanted to see Nut Rattanamongkol again. He is so sweet and charming. The actress is very beautiful also.

MUSIC: That last song was so bittersweet. In fact, another Thai drama with great music.

REWATCH VALUE: It's not long so I'll probably watch it again with a friend.

OVERALL: Some parts the pacing may seem a little slow but really this story just takes its time to be told. I think it's rather poetic and done well.

Ghost Boyfriend
Apr 17, 2017
STORY: Two college roommates live together and one (Lu Qi Ming) is killed in a car accident. He was given the chance to come back for a limited time to tie up loose ends. He loves his roommate (Ye Xiao Ou) so much but will he be able to tell him before his time is up?

I liked the story concept very much. I've seen it twice. The ending is sad and sort of confusing though but it ties into the very beginning of the video. I didn't notice that the first time around. As mentioned in the comments, something is up with the editing, seems parts were cut or jump around.

ACTING/CAST: Hu Xu Chen did a great job as he was both annoying and cute while playing the very immature Ye Xiao Ou. He just made Lu Qi Ming want to love him. Good chemistry.

MUSIC: Odd in parts, pretty in others.

REWATCH VALUE: Twice already. If I ever find a complete uncut version, I'll watch it a third time.

OVERALL: Love someone while you have the opportunity. Life is so short. Don't let it slip away.