The website is currently undergoing maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Gender: Male

KainGuru

Seattle, WA
Falling in Love with a Rival
Mar 29, 2017
STORY: This is such a funny show. The loser tries to get back at his ex-girlfriend by getting her new boyfriend to fall in love with him but oops, he also falls in love with the boyfriend he's trying to seduce! A ton of comedy ensues. I'm always annoyed by the strong seme/uke dynamic even though the uke isn't a total pushover in this.

Total run-time: 2 hours 34 minutes over 8 episodes, so each episode is around 20 minutes long. Get this, the intro is 1m 45s, and the credits are 2m 30s! Each episode has more than 4 minutes of bloated credits! Cut that out and the whole show is probably only 2 hours long!

ACTING/CAST: The cast are all very attractive, and play their parts well. I totally loved the part played by the doctor.

MUSIC: Standard drama music. Nothing stood out for me.

REWATCH VALUE: Yes, this is a neat series. Gonna watch with a friend.

OVERALL: Fun series, with cute guys and it's also short. Binge on!

Revive
May 1, 2017
STORY: An actor gets in a car wreck due to foul play and wakes up to find that he was surgically altered using the face of the other driver who died. He now has to take on this other guy's identity in a quest for revenge. This is a very good story with a well-written script. There are few moments of levity and only some suggestive bromance. It ends with is a season-ending cliffhanger.

ACTING/CAST: Quite excellent. I think Ma Ke (Du Yun Xiu) did a great job and is much more capable and versatile of an actor than the part required, which was a shame; most of the series he was simply scripted to be broody.

MUSIC: The music was good. The main song was English subbed.

REWATCH VALUE: I probably won't, but I will recommend this to my friends.

OVERALL: A very intriguing show, kept me interested the whole way. The pace slows in later episodes. The English subtitles were adequate, but could have really used a fluent English editor.

Red Balloon
Jun 22, 2017
STORY: Each short episode packs a lot of story and some parts may seem out of sequence but the final episode ties it all together really nicely.

ACTING/CAST: Both the younger and older selves are cute guys. They did a fine job.

MUSIC: If I could have given an 11 or more, I would have. Outstanding music.

REWATCH VALUE: It's practically required to get the most out of the story.

OVERALL: A great BL story with cute cast and amazing soundtrack.
The Boy Next Door
Apr 16, 2017
STORY: OMG This was SO FUNNY! It had me rolling! You gotta see this. True, it's super short, all the episodes are 5-7 minutes, but it's great. Very fun to watch. And it just keeps getting funnier! Also has some great tender moments.

ACTING/CAST: These guys were quite cute and they did a good job.

MUSIC: After watching this again, the music is very good.

REWATCH VALUE: Yes. I already rewatched it with a friend. So hilarious.

OVERALL: Want something funny to watch? This is great. I hope they continue this series.
The Underwear
Apr 16, 2017
STORY: The lives of a group of people intertwine at a popular coffee shop, through a popular web blog "The Underwear", and high school. This series has straight and gay themes but, unfortunately, EVERYONE is in love with the WRONG person! It'd be fine to see one example of it but the entire cast is in love with someone who loves someone else.

ACTING/CAST: Pretty faces, hot bodies, seems they can play their parts. There's some GL in this and they did not cut the kissing scenes...the actresses made it look real, very nice.

MUSIC: Great music and it was English-subbed. Seriously, is there a Thai drama that doesn't have great music?

REWATCH VALUE: Once through is fine

OVERALL: With every couple in every scene having one person in love with someone else, it's overbearing and exhausting. This series doesn't present enough side stories. This show should be subtitled: "The Underwear: Love Triangles."

The Fairy Fox
Mar 28, 2017
STORY: A fantasy about a reincarnated guy, Xiao Mo, with no memory of his past living in the modern-day who has a spiritual guardian Lu Bai (a fairy fox) protecting him because in Xiao Mo's past life, he sacrificed himself to save Lu Bai. Xiao Mo is now a dork that bumbles through life at the mercy of his sister and his friends who are always looking out for him. Being the first season, it's slow in parts as the story is being established. There is some fan service but no real BL to speak of.

NOTE: Look for the English-subbed episodes on YouTube thanks to fruitylads (an awesome translator btw). Episodes average 25 minutes with a staggering 5.5 minutes of opening/closing credits!

ACTING/CAST: The ENTIRE cast are all very HOT! You will see a scene where Lu Bai does Cosplay; I am at a loss for words to explain how amazing he looks. There's so much good chemistry here, especially between Xiao Mo and Lu Bai. The cast are young and inexperienced, and it shows.

MUSIC: I like the main theme and the credits and there's some good background music, like the haunting piano melody when something bad is happening.

REWATCH VALUE: YES! Very binge-worthy.

OVERALL: I love fantasy but wish there was more focus on a bromance instead of just fan service.

Customized Companion
May 28, 2017
STORY: * BL STORY * This does have a sci-fi feel to it. As unrealistic as it is that an phone app can summon a hologram (or a virtual person anyway). It also is part psychological thriller. I really liked that it showed a long-term relationship of two guys, even though it is going through tough times. This does have a happy ending.

ACTING/CAST: Absolutely superb. I was amazed at how well these actors conveyed the emotions of their characters. They weren't bashful during the "making out" scenes either. The actor playing Lin has some very pretty eyes.

MUSIC: It was good and a bit sorrowful.

REWATCH VALUE: I liked this enough to watch it again with a friend.

OVERALL: I WANT THAT APP! Watch this and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Like Love: Uncut Version
Mar 29, 2017
STORY: The details section above describes this show well. It's quirky, funny, there are some serious sex scenes, but the whole show is really all about Maiding, this crazy otaku (only word I could think of) chases after An Zi Yan. Mai Ding is such a persistent pest! He's so adorkable (the only other word I thought of)! He tries SO hard to reach through An Zi Yan's walls and reach his heart and finally wins him over. There's some problems with family and gay acceptance issues that the couple must overcome.

Total run-time: Uncut version, 3h, 14m over 2 parts. This is actually a series of 15 episodes but what I watched was combined into two parts.

ACTING/CAST: All did a good job and Mai Ding is too much!

MUSIC: This soundtrack is spectacular. I've listened to it many times. It's all in Chinese so very tough to get good English lyrics though.

REWATCH VALUE: Yup, seen it many times.

OVERALL: Lots of funny and feel good moments sprinkled with some good dramatic moments. Definitely worth your time.

TL;DR: A fun movie where the uke chases the seme in an effort to get the seme to fall in love.

Apr 20, 2017
STORY: Porsche left to work in another city, leaving Emma behind. She meets Night who has had a crush on her since High School. Pick still can't figure out what to do with Rome, but now another guy, Din has started hanging out with Rome which makes Pick jealous.

ACTING/CAST: All great actors, so nice to see many of them come together from different series.

MUSIC: Great music.

REWATCH VALUE: Yeah, just the parts with Rome and Pick.

OVERALL: I am kinda sad to see the warm, sweet charm of Season 1 disappear. They definitely went in a different direction. Porsche is very moody and not as charismatic as before. Adding more cast has added much more tension. It feels like the innocence was lost between seasons.

Yandai Byway no.10 - special
Apr 9, 2017
STORY: There are 2 extra chapters, each 10 minutes long. They deal with Liang Ze's drinking problem. It's not clear where this take place in the timeline, before or after episode 10. Still, it's 20 more minutes of watching this cute couple.

If you liked the main story, watch this.

HINT: Google "Yandaixiejie Additional Chapters". They are on YouTube.
Boyfriend
Mar 29, 2017
STORY: Two boys spend a lot of time together when one ends up working his way into sleeping over frequently. A solid friendship is built but many of their classmates think they are a BL couple. In a bid to make money off this misconception, they do a ton of publicity and fan service of their couple until one of them wants to stop because his image is being ruined and his family are asking hard questions.

ACTING/CAST: Super cute couple even if they aren't a couple! The acting was fine and the cast was cute.

MUSIC: OK, standard stuff.

REWATCH VALUE: I'll probably watch it once more sometime.

OVERALL: A good movie about a fake BL relationship. I wish it was a real one but it wasn't.

I Love You As A Man: Part 2
Mar 29, 2017
STORY: This time it's really all about dealing with being a couple and families who are vehemently opposed. There are very heavy-hitting dramatic scenes in this that threaten the very existence of the couple. There are light-hearted moments also. In fact, wait until Mai Ding meets An Zi Yan's grandfather! I laughed so hard!

Total run-time: 3h, 21m. I saw this on YouTube, look for the HD versions, under the title Like Love 2.

ACTING/CAST: Superb, all around. The performances by the cast that played the families was fantastic.

MUSIC: Standard music for a drama.

REWATCH VALUE: Oh yeah, gonna watch it with a friend.

OVERALL: A very satisfying continuation of the story. Don't forget to watch the outtakes! Also, these guys have a lot of fan service so check that stuff out. Also check out the Like Love shorts, He's Next to You.

TL;DR: The relationship is threatened by families on both sides, and the boys must persevere.

Till Death Tear Us Apart
Apr 3, 2017
STORY: Besides what's in the description above, I'll add that this is a drama that takes place in China during an "anti-Japanese" war with two factions fighting against one another. There is a lot of covert plots, espionage, secret service, and all that great stuff. This series was really gripping. I was glued for a 15 episode binge.

Total run time: approx 5h 23m. Each episode is around 18-22 minutes long but have 5 minutes of credits and in some cases another minute of what happened last episode. Take that all out and the run time is a lot shorter. Easy to binge in one setting with the fast-forward button.

ACTING/CAST: Same basic cast that is in Love Is More Than a Word. So it was nice to see them in different parts. They all do a great job. I totally loved Lu Zhou in both dramas and in this one he's a gun-wielding bad-ass. Also, the villian, Gu Han, from The Fairy Fox makes a cameo in one episode; see if you can spot him.

MUSIC: It was great actually. It made this show seem like a sweeping epic.

REWATCH VALUE: Of course! This is a great show with so much intrigue I need to watch it again.

OVERALL: Amazing production value. Shot in full 1080p! The sets and costume design are spectacular. It's a gorgeous production. I wish each episode was longer: credits just chew up so much screen time. For those looking for the BL aspect, there isn't anything overt but maybe something will happen in season 2.

Apr 28, 2017
STORY: This was a real nice movie about the unique bond of love between brothers. I also liked that there was an established long-term relationship between Ek and his boyfriend. The story can seem to be slow-paced in parts but the warm interactions between the brothers made it worthwile. The ending is somber but not overly sad though I did shed a tear.

ACTING/CAST: All were professional about their work but I really thought Damrongsakkul Ingkarat (Young Oat) did a great job being only 12 at the time.

MUSIC: It was OK but not memorable.

REWATCH VALUE: Maybe with a friend.

OVERALL: A well-done coming-of-age movie. The cinematography was excellent.

Apr 19, 2017
STORY: This is a crazy love triangle and the movie tells you that in the first 60 seconds. The story is well written and I like that it starts (after the 60 seconds) with a nice couple who are in a long-term relationship and living happily together. That seems so rare in BL dramas. Well, it doesn't last long as Wan gets a job and falls for his amazing boss, Ohm. Things go to hell real quick after that. As much as I detest cheating and infidelity, the story is compelling all the way to the end. The ending was powerful and abrupt but not sad nor happy.

ACTING/CAST: WOW, these guys are smokin' HOT. Good actors too, all mature. The sexual tension between the actors was palpable.

MUSIC: It was good for this drama, very polished.

REWATCH VALUE: Yeah, might watch it again with a friend cause I'd like to see the eye candy again.

OVERALL: I can't stand the love triangle stuff but this movie does have a high production value. It's sexy and slick with great cinematography.