Bad Genius (2017) poster

BoiceInPink
Jul 18, 2017
Story
Very relatable because you would definitely have been a student before! Plus you would know how some students score well all the time while others are just not cut out for studying. This movie portrayed the difficulties faced by both group of students well.

The most interesting part was the different ways these students cheated. Very novel yet nothing too outrageous. I would say that this is the main selling point of this movie.

I love how there's minimal romance in this! Sometimes you just got to get away from all the cheesy love stories.

Acting & Cast
All the main actors played their roles well. You could sense their desperation as students. If I wanted to be picky, I would say that Non who played Bank was a teeny bit awkward at certain angry scenes but other than that, everyone acted well. The casting was also good. The smarter students looked nerdy enough, the playful and rich kids certainly fit their roles.

Overall, I would recommend this movie to others. While it is a youthful movie, I believe it will appeal to adults as well!

Nov 9, 2017
Juvenile drama and a very well-crafted social metaphor.
"Bad  Genius" is a lot of fun, filled with moments of real tension, as if we  were watching a live crime robbery or an engaging thriller. As  we all know, the winner of the Thai national box office is a film about  how a group of high school students tries to cheat the school exams and  eventually the admission test to the international university. The chemistry among relative newcomers is simply incredible.
The film seamlessly blends comedy, emotional, thrilling situations and a well-meaning message in history. Being  able to portray an exam cheating situation as a bank robbery in  practice, causing each movement and sound in tension to be in slow  motion. The creative use of playing piano and innovative techniques of modern age and traditional cheating methods are a joy to watch. In  short, it simply works because it gives young actors a lot of focus,  space to play with and a story that blends perfectly fresh and  satisfying.

Tharith Bun
Aug 3, 2017
I'm actually a pretty big fan of GDH but I'll try to write as a typical film lover. If you happen to be a fan of this production, this film will surely live up your excitements and expectations. don't. ever. miss. this. one.

The creativity for this movie is so on point! People need to show more appreciation for how thrilling this simple film about exam turn out to be. There's no killing or harming, yet this film succeed to get you on the edge of your seat. (Thanks to the superb acting, cinematography and the intense music.) I think the selling point about Bad Genius is that we all once were in their shoes---or you might once cheated at some points of your life. The movie explain well with the character development to the point where I respect her decision to cheat. You read that right, watch the movie and see for yourself!

Herman
Oct 29, 2019
Story (9.0/10):
FINAL-ly got around to watching this haha. Now this is a fantastic EXAM-ple of nail-biting intense "heists" as the students try to cheat their way through the exams! I was very impressed with the way this story played out, both in content and in structure, sometimes hiding information in the best way possible.
It's hard not to spoil anything, but it was fun to see the different ways they came up with to cheat and how they reacted when their plans went awry.
If anything detracts from this story, it's that it took me a little bit to get into the film, and that sometimes they overplayed a situation that I didn't feel had to be quite THAT stressful.
Otherwise, I'd say watch this over any old bank heist movie any day. It's like student mission impossible, complete with 3d characters.

Acting/Cast (9.5/10):
A brilliant feature film debut for the lead actress playing Lynn! She and all the lead cast portrayed their parts very well. I have to not give a perfect 10 only for the foreign actors when they were in Australia, lol.

Music (9.0/10):
The music in this was very well done to suit all the scenes. Music is also a fairly integral part of the story, and the way they integrated what was happening in the story into the score was very well done. Such as the character playing four notes on the piano and then the score starts a nails-biting theme based around the ending piano note. Well done.

Rewatch Value (8.0/10):
I get bored easily when I watch something I've already seen, but this is one of those films I wouldn't mind seeing again in the nearby future.

Overall (9.0/10):
A very well done film that will keep you on the edge of your seat for at least the second half. Also, when you think it's just going to be a fun action movie, it hits you from the side with character drama and the characters having to decide what they believe is right and how far they are willing to go to get ahead.
A very good action movie with breathing characters. Recommended.

Mona
Nov 28, 2018
Throughout the entire length of the film, the characters have you on edge. Lynn and Bank show major character development showing that good people can turn bad, but not all remain bad. The duo show a love hate friendship leaving you hanging but also progressing the plot. This movie leaves you enticed with the tactical strategies used and the lengths people would go to make big money.

'Bad Genius' is laced with an action packed adventure lead by one's selfishness. Throughout the movie they have the audience on their seats questioning,
Will Lynn ever be able to please her father?
What will happen to Bank?
Was it worth the risk?