Last Winter, We Parted (2018) poster

Manga 2018
Priority movie list! ♥

RaquelMaia
Oct 23, 2018
This movie have a crazy twist, and I love it.
One writer want to write a book about a famous photograph, Yudai, that is supposed to burn a woman just to take artist pictures 2 mouth ago. He wants to know everything about him and his sister, about the past, the present, what they feel and anything that is important to understand them.

Kyosuke, the writer, have a little investigation about Yudai, and somehow they talk very well. I mean Yudai that is a mystery for everyone but he talks about his life and the sister very well. hiding something that he don't like but is ok.

The story is a little complex for me to write in here and I don't want to spoil the moment of "WHAT??" because everything is connect.

I like the acting, they have that mysterious look, and a little crazy sometimes.

The movie is very well made, I really like it.

NiandNa
Dec 23, 2018
The movie starts with Yakumo Kyosuke who wants to investigate Kiharazaka Yudai, a very special photographer.

I think the start is a bit slow, but I was very curious about Kiharazaka Yudai. Why he wants to take pictures the way he does, and why people around him are protecting him.
As the story continues, more secrets are revealed, and at some point, it turns around. I loved being fooled to believe I knew the answer, but I was fooled again.

The plot is fascinating, and if you like thrillers, this is one of the best. Writing more will reveal the story, so it is better to just watch and learn the truth yourself.

I put the rewatch value as low because the surprise is already revealed, so it is not the same watching it the 2nd time

Highly recommended!!!

Nov 16, 2018
As is often the case in the Japanese mysteries, a revealing twist in the second half of the plot revolves around its axis, and the protagonists spend the remainder of the film revealing their motives in long expository monologues. An initially intriguing setup once again unfolds in a ridiculously implausible revenge plot that fails to gain an ounce of its supposed shock value or emotional catharsis. Director Tomoyuki Takimoto proves that these allegations are true by presenting a ridiculously ridiculous film adaptation that might have been fun if it had not been so dumbly dull.