Along with other Riders with mysterious origins, Tendo Soji under his Kamen Rider Kabuto identity tries to protect the girl Kusakabe Hiyori and the whole world from the Worms that came from a meteorite seven years ago. In the way of saving the world, Tendo meets Kagami Arata. Soon they find a good friend in each other, and when Kagami becomes Kamen Rider Gattack, both start to work together to protect Hiyori and the whole of humanity. Add Synopsis In Spanish
Cast & Credits
- Mizushima HiroTendou Souji / Kamen Rider KabutoMain Role
- Sato YukiKagami Arata / Kamen Rider GatackMain Role
- Satonaka YuiKusakabe HiyoriMain Role
- Tokuyama HidenoriYaguruma Sou / Kamen Rider TheBee 1 / Kamen Rider KickHopperSupport Role
- Uchiyama MasatoKageyama Shun / Kamen Rider TheBee 2 / Kamen Rider PunchHopperSupport Role
- Kato KazukiKazama Daisuke / Kamen Rider DrakeSupport Role
The characters were, on the whole, well executed, and had great interactions with each other. An issue to point out was how Tsurugi's shifts between a driven, serious character and comic relief felt fairly jarring, but he too was enjoyable nonetheless. The worms were interesting villains, their 'Thing'-like gimmick and hyperspeed making them formidable foes- however, the paranoia factor around the aforementioned ability could have been utilized a bit more.
The issue with Kabuto was the pacing of its story, especially towards the end. The show spent too much time on comic, filler episodes (such as the ramen cookoff), and thus didn't have enough time to develop its crucial endgame. The events that set the ball rolling happened too fast and too late, and the revelation of the true antagonists and their motivations felt underwhelming. This badly ruined my experience of watching the show, and I felt it ended on a sadly insipid note. Even so, it's still worth watching.