Cry Me a Sad River

Panda_San
Nov 18, 2018
I absolutely loved this movie !
It was so dramatic the storyline the events were all perfectly done .

- But in case you've read the novel , I heard that they changed the storyline & the ending .

The lead actress Ren Min " Yi Yao" was AMAZING ! everything about her facial expression her gaze really i was so impressed .
Gu Sen Xi was an amazing supporter for Yi Yao , I liked his character .

The whole production the story the acting the cinematography is well done , but if only they made the movie a bit longer like to show the bullying scenes not just flashes of what happened to her and also so we know what happened at the end after all these events .. but still it has a decent ending .

I am really excited for the drama version am not sure if they will follow the novel or not .
Anyway , I highly recommend watching the movie , for me it is the best movie of this year .

BoredEyes
The Movie is so Great
You can feel the Characters feelings on what they have been through this trial in life. This portrays bullying in school and wihat will possibly happen to the bullied.
The Story tells that Bullying will result a bad effect if not prevented immediately and will cause the bullied to think that life is too unfair.

I have checked the Cast background and they are new stars.
Cry me a Sad River is their First Movie
The Cast did a great job in portarying the characters especially Ren Mi(Yi Yao).

Ren Mi(Yi Yao) was so great that you can see her feelings everytime she is shown.
Zhao Ying Bu(Qi Ming) His acting was good and clean.
Xin Yun Lai(Gu Sunxi) He was the best man in this Movie.The acting is great and he potrays the character well.

The others was also good since they support the story very well.

The Music is so touching that it shows up at the right time and at the right moment in thescenes that will make you sad while watching it. You feel like you want to cry.

I watched this alone and will probably watch it again with my Bestfriend. He will absolutely Cry.

So as you can see this movie the first movie that made me cry this year(2018)

You should really watch it.

Booklover_95
Nov 18, 2018
Watch it at your own discretion. I cried buckets during this movie.

I cried for Yi Yao, for Sun Xi, for Sunxiang and even for Qi Ming. This kind of life does exist, such things do happen to people. Despite many people criticizing Guo JingMing;s stories, this one really hits a chord in your heart. I don't want to go in case I spoil the story too much. At first I admit (after seeing the trailer) I was really expecting Qi Ming to help Yi Yao out but half way through the story I got what an actual coward he was. Through out the story you could get that he was just a teenager who made stupid decisions while despite the antics he pulled, Sun Xi is actually matured for his age. He knew it wasn't Yi Yao's fault and he actually cared for her. One might think he found Qi Ming to be a rat cuz Yi Yao and his sister both liked him and the brotherly love for his sister and the jealousy cuz of Yi Yao made him not like Qi Ming but the truth is he was the only one who actually saw Qi Ming for the true person he was. Which was a coward. Qi Ming actually didn't deserve any of the two girls. Both were far superior to him.

Like I said this story would make you cry and really think of the stuff people actually go through. One of the biggest plus point is the acting of all these newcomers. This is a movie with a whole new set of newbies who are doing an excellent job at portraying their roles. The dark cinematography compliments the story perfectly and the OST. Believe me the OST in the movie is one of the reasons to watch it, It is simply beautiful. You will not regret watching this beautiful yet tragic piece.

Jan 14, 2019
Good theme and normal actors, will be great as wobushi Yaoshen if you have a good director. About the things described in this movie, you would never know until things happened on yourself, jumping more people to see you, then more attention, especially in China, and I also want to see more movies like this. It's good for China, actually. This would have been a great movie if it had not been so rushed and the execution was not so progressive. Some scenes were presented as flashes of images spit on you out of nowhere and they were really events that happened and you should have figured it out. In other words, you should pay close attention, use your imagination and do not mind the open end to like this movie. The performances were good and the scenery and scenery were very well filmed.

Nov 21, 2018
This would have been a great movie, if it wasn't so rushed and the execution wasn't that progressive. Some scenes were presented as flashes of images spitted at you out of nowhere and they were actually events that happened and you should have figure it out. In other words, you should pay really close attention, use your imagination and don't mind the open ending to like this movie. The performances were good though and the scenary and settings very well filmed. So, four out of ten, because they didn't present the story well.