• Join Date: November 8, 2016
Little Forest
Apr 20, 2018
Once in a while you get those films where you can just simply watch it. No angst, no forced laughter, no tears but just sit through it and feel refreshed just watching it? This movie is one of them. This is one of the most refreshing stories I've ever watched. The story was simple, with a simple message. How coming back to your own roots is actually helpful. This gives a certain feel of nostalgia too. It definitely reminded me of my own grandmother's house and how she did everything from scratch.
Being from the suburbs and living more than half of my life in the city, seeing such simple-ness was very refreshing for me. Part of me almost wanted to go and live there. Give up everything and just go to a village and farm and live. Then again it made me think, after being brought up in the city can we actually do that? I was jealous of Hae-won through out the movie. She had a place to return to and most importantly she knew how to return and live their comfortably.
I really wish there is another movie for this like the Japanese adaption of this because for some reason I felt this movie deep within. It was beautifully and artistically done.
One of the best films to just watch during summer, alone on the verandah, with a cool drink and a snack at hand. (Stressing on the snack cuz believe me this movie makes you want to eat)

Young President and His Contract Wife
Oct 8, 2018
First of all the actors aren't that young and doesn't seem to be that experienced either? I mean maybe it was the script. I wouldn't say I completely hated. It was enjoyable for the most parts and it just didn't stand out I guess. There were some funny moments but most of the funny parts just didn't make me laugh out loud. I was actually smiling through the cute scenes. which is actually a plus point meaning I did't completely dislike it.
The story isn't something unique at all but it's from a manhua. Hope I can find it somewhere. It might give me more insight to the story. For some reason the story was all over the place for me at certain times.
Anyways if you are into romantic stories to just pass time I would suggest this one.

Ashi Girl
May 28, 2018
This is one of those super underrated, extra cute dramas. If you are looking for something sweet, funny not too ridiculous I would say this is the one.
The story is simple, very simple, nothing too serious with enough funny scenes in, The gramps has to be my favorite out of many.

Also the best part of the story? The super cute, sweet couple. If I had to explain this couple sweet is the best word. I saw the two of them acted before in Sakarada Reset too but not as the main. I wish they have more films together.

Unfortunately it's only subbed uptil the 8th episode. The others I had to watch raw so basically since my Japanese knowledge only goes as far as "Arigato Goazaimas " only one can imagine how much I actually understood the last bit of the story but I hung on for the sake of the cute couple, You wouldn't regret watching this at all.

Also good news : There's a TV special that has been confirmed so patiently waiting for it <3

Tientsin Mystic
Apr 22, 2018
I have to admit I was very skeptical about watching this at first. I downloaded 10 episodes of it thinking its short and had even Mystic Nine on my list. Hearing that they both were from the same author I wasn't sure which one to watch first but my partiality towards Yixing(Lay) took over and I ended watching Mystic Nine first. Also it had the plus point of having William Chan and Zhao Zhanilla later whom I simply adore (after watching Boss and Me and Rise of a Tomboy). But unfortunately I was left completely disappointed in it and I think my love for Lay also reduced. I couldn't even finish the whole thing and ended after 17 episodes. After that catastrophe I was even more skeptical about this but one day when I had simply nothing else to watch I just gave this a chance and boy don't I regret not watching it before.

Let me tell you straight up other than having the same genre as Mystic Nine(and same Lt.Zhao) there is nothing similar of TM to Mystic Nine at all. This is a masterpiece compared to Mystic Nine and I can't believe that people don't talk about this more. I have seen that those who have watched both Mystic Nine and this always prefer this over it but it's only that minority.

The main reason for this to actually be better is the full fast paced story line with completely lovable characters. Starting from our MC Guo De You, he was simply amazing. He had everything I loved in my MCs. He was fine mix of intelligent and mischievous and was hilarious to boot. This was my first time watching Li Xian and now I'm an official fan of him. Having watched Medical Examiner Dr.Qin and Only Side by Side with you just for him I can't wait to see him in Go Go Squid too(which is I'm impatiently waiting for cuz it's based on one of my favorite books). Next we have Mao Ding. He was the perfect Dr.Watson to our Sherlock. Being a rich son didn't make the least annoying, he had his own agenda but that didn't mean he totally rebelled either. He cared enough for his company when needed. Next up is my favorite in the whole story, Gu Ying. I swear I didn't love female MC as much as I loved since Zheng Shuang in Love o2o. Despite the little knick of hers to totally follow Guo De You, this girl was the best. Not that I'm comlpaining about that either. She was the perfect badass leading lady we needed. She had so much spunk that I felt even if they put Guo De You and Mao Ding together they can't fight as well as her. She was hilarious to boot too. I saw few people complaining about her clothes but man I loved every single one of her outfits. That girl rocked them. I mean not everyone can have a freaking bird nest on top of their heads and make it look bad ass. Our second leading lady Xiao Lan Lan was the perfect rich girl and once again like Mao Ding she didn't act the spoilt rich girl. She had her own strengths and pulled similar weight of the group. Not only these character shone on their own but when you put them together in one screen, the chemistry was off charts. Each character fit with the other perfectly, The bromance, the romance (or lack of it) was perfect. Each adn every character added something to the story to make it amazingly balanced, from the ineffective police head to Master Guo to the Head Shaman to even Chairman Ding.

Talking about the story, like I told before it was fast paced and didn't leave the audience hanging even for a second. For me every single scene was engaging and believe me after having more than a decade of experience of watching all Asian dramas this is a first where I didn't skip even a second of a drama. The mystery kept me guessing even till the last moment and you won't believe what kind of secrets come up in the episodes at all.
The cinematography was also perfect for the tone of the series with a dark, aura being around through out the drama with perfectly balanced colors here and there. The republican China was adapted better here for me than that of Mystic Nine and we don't see the normally seen parties and high end houses but we get to see the more street life giving this a nice touch. The clothes were on point and I loved how different the four were in their own statuses.
And can I tell that I love the ending song. Jam Hsiao did an amazing job with that and it perfectly blended with the whole series.

This is also the first time I have written such a big review to a drama and first time I've given a complete 10 for everything. Another first fir me was rewatching the whole thing as soon as I finished it. I opened up a netflix account just to watch the rest of the drama. Take my word for this and do not miss this drama. Have no doubts when watching this drama. You will not regret it even for a second. Now patiently waiting for second season as I've heard rumors that it's been green lit. Hopefully the full cast returns for at least 4 episodes to give us closure for that open ending.

Children of Nobody
Jan 18, 2019
Unfortunately for this drama, it was utterly overlooked due to other dramas airing at the same time. Due to that fact the ratings for this drama in Korea was low but do not let it put you down. This drama is one of the few dramas that have ventured to a side that K-dramas hadn't before. It touches a heavy topic but gives it in a way that can be digested by all. The story behind it is simple. The unfortunate truth is that this will continue. This gives us a dash of reality, the hard truth that is happening in the world. In our country unfortunately these types of abuse is taken lightly. It's swept under the rug saying that it's to teach children. I have many friends who have had the same experiences (not as bad as this but the beating and the mental abuse) but still go on with their lives thinking it's normal. For me this is not normal. The fact that we are beaten is (like I mentioned above) very normal in our country. I would say 95% of our generation would have been beaten and once my own mother has told me that she had beaten by her father to the point she lost three teeth. Asia in that manner is still in the dark regarding these situations. Thus this is a start to let everyone know the truth also to educate people.

Also I would like to especially applaud N's acting here. It is commendable and without doubt he stood out among everyone. His realistic acting made me feel so much for Lee Eun Ho. He brought the character of Lee Eun Ho to life perfectly. His character will stay with me for a long long time.

Sunset in My Hometown
Oct 23, 2018
This is those few feel good movies that make you slightly smile and cry slightly too. You won't bawl your eyes out for this but you may laugh out loud sometimes. It sure does teach you a good lesson though. That you need to forgive and move on or you would miss out a lot in life. This is one of those movies that teach you that.

Also in a plus point it's nice to see that Kim Go Eun has put on a little weight. It looks cute on her.

The addition off rap in to the story was pretty cool. A good twist from other stories. Won't say it was a super memorable story but a nice one nonetheless.

Notification The Series
Feb 28, 2019
I honestly don't know why this drama isn't that much famous. This is a comedy gem for all your manga loving people out there. Hell it isn't just for them but for all. The comedy is on spot without it being cliche or stupid. This is one of the only Thai dramas I've watched where the comedy is just perfect. Everything in the story was gold. The ending (I won't spoil) was a twist. I almost cried at the end of the 3rd part of the last epsidoe thinking that's how it all will end.

The story line is one that has been used in few mangas but the way that it is portrayed here is just amazing. Like I mentioned the comedy XD sorry if I'm going on about it too much. They've creatively added the manga trope into it without making it cliche.

I'll confess the real reason I started watching this was for P'FirstClass ( For those who get my reference XD) and I'll say he won't disappoint you here. He's the same old sweetheart. Maybe even a bigger sweetheart. The ending was satisfactory. Almost turned into a tragedy but satisfactory. August I want you to act with Apple again!!!! Lol XD

Between Friendship and Love 3
Aug 26, 2018
Definitely my favorite out of all three seasons. I felt as if each season got better as it went, not that I disliked the first season. It was very cute too. But loved the realistic aspect of it. The first couple showed us a real relationship. Obviously completely fell in love with Woo PD. He showed how a mature relationship is. I liked how he was calm and more stable than WooJung. Even in the first season we could sense that Woo jung and Sa Rang had a more innocent, sweet love that college kids or high school kids could dream of but Woo PD made it seem more adult like (if that makes any sense)

Hope we can get another season with these couples staying the same without changing.

Aug 10, 2018
I really don't know why this drama doesn't have amazing ratings in China. For me this was just as a gem as the previous season and the acting was on par with the previous season. Yes the plotting and revenge was mellow in this one but that didn't make it any less perfect.
Liu Hao Ran did an amazing job and his chemistry with Zhang Hui Wen was really cute. It was so nice to watch them fall in love slowly. This is what you call a predestined love. The bromance in this is out of the world. It is one that can rival the bromance of the previous season although when it comes to the romance side this one takes a higher place, at least in my personal books.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who loved the first season and I kinda hope they have some other continuation for the story so we can see what happens to the Chnaglins in the future.

To.Jenny
Jul 21, 2018
Tiramisu Cake!! Tiramisu Cake!!

God that song is stuck in my head so much! This is such a beautiful drama. One of those cute dramas that really stick with you. When I first heard that this is going to be a musical drama I was kinda skeptical but after watching it I finally saw the beauty of it. It was amazing!!! The songs are so cute. Like realistic giving an indie feeling to it.

I am so happy they casted the male lead instead of casting an idol. He did an amazing job of portraying the awkward not the best singer but a good singer nonetheless. His acting was on point. I watched him Prison Playbook and loved him there (tbh I loved all the characters in that drama. THE BEST)

Honestly there's nothing so special about the story but if you want a super cute story yes this is the one.

Just watch it for Tiramisu Cake!!

Miss Hammurabi
Jul 18, 2018
Actually I waited till the end of the drama to watch it and I'm glad I did. From my experience of watching dramas I've got to say the past few years the cable networks of Korea are doing a better job at producing high quality stories that actually make sense rather than nonsensical romance stories only. From this sentence itself you can figure out that there's very little romance in this story.

First of all I shall tell my biggest complaint for this drama. That is that Sung Dong Il didn't get more screen time. His character was the most entertaining and obviously he's under the section main cast but compared to the other two he has little screentime.
Also another thing I don't understand how people say L's acting isn't memorable. After watching many, many, MANY dramas of his I've got to say his acting skills have improved 500X times. His character made more sense to me. The story is set in such a way that we don't completely fall for him cuz he sometimes is more tight assed. For me his character was refreshing. Another thins is I swear the female lead sometimes got on my nerves so much. Why can't she think before acting and after doing that and gets all sad.
Another fact was that I knew I saw him in some drama but wan't sure. Who am I talking about? L's best friend at work I mean. later I figured he was the king in the drama Faith with Lee Min Ho

Would I give this another rewatch value? Definitely yes

The Happy Loner
Jul 6, 2018
This was such a cute story. A little less than 2 hours on the whole thing, so you can basically watch it as a film even. At first I thought Gong Myung's character didn't suit him but by the second episode I was smitten by him. It was really cute how he slowly started getting Hyo Rin's out of her shell. Normally I hate noona romance stuff but in this you could barely feel it. Min Hyo Rin's character was so realtable for me as I'm introvert too and how she barely showed her emotions was one of the quirks I loved in her character. Watching how she slowly dropped her guard was the fun part of the story. One of those really cute feel good dramas.

Tori Girl
Apr 19, 2018
Wow. The first time I saw this on kissasian I just let it pass thinking it might be like Heroine Shikkaku (mainly cuz it's from the same team) and I just wasn't ready for a shoujo manga like drama but boy was I wrong. This is pretty awesome with an almost encouraging story. It was serious at the same time not serious. I loved Tao Tsuchiya in AniKoma and didn't think I could love her more but this changed it. So far this is my fav role of hers and her chemistry with Mamiya is incredible. This is no way a romantic chemistry but that true chemistry you see when two actors actually sync. Would love to see what happens to the whole team after this. As much as I loved this film I felt there were few questions left unsolved.
The chemistry between all the actors and the hilarious situations were on point. I want more of these character.
Without doubt one of the best J-film I've seen recently. Zero angst, zero tension. zero cheesiness. Everything was perfect. Also can I mention that my favorite character here is Kei? He was such a cutie and the end was just perfect.
Definite gem. 10/10. A must watch.

Hana Nochi Hare: HanaDan Next Season
Aug 16, 2018
Despite few of the negative comments I would clearly state otherwise. This story is the official sequel for the ever popular Boys Over Flowers/Hana Yori Dongo. BOF/HYD is a timeless classic, getting immense remakes over the years. This and Mischievous Kiss are two Jap manga that have taken over the drama-land by a storm creating countless remakes in many countries. So to see an official remake for the second season was a pleasant surprise for me.
At first I wasn't so sure of how the remake will actually be like given the fact I only knew (and loved) Nakagawa Taishi from the cast. So I did a further study and found out that Nakagawa and the leading lady here Sugisaka Hana had actually acted previously together in an incredible crime mystery drama. So I kinda left this off till they fully subbed it and started watching that. After finishing that I honestly was a bit downcast for the fact that the two of them aren't the leading couple in this drama.

That was until I watched the first episode of this and ultimately fell in love with the amazingly flawed character of Haruto. As the story and as Haruto's fatehr always reminds him, Haruto is extremely flawed. I am not saying this in any way to bring Haruto down. The fact that he is flawed is the perfect reason that he's so amazing. Compared to Tenma, Haruto is extremely lacking in talent but he makes up for it with the sheer genuineness and pureness he has in his heart. Please do not hate me for this but honestly liked Haruto's character a teensy bit more that Domyouji (yes I know I should be hung. If someone told this to me before I watched Hana Nochi Hare I would think that person is mad too). Unlike Domyouji I felt that Haruto had more compassion in his heart. As I mentioned before I was always conflicted on whom to like. Obviously I had the second lead syndrome. i started watching the drama with the second lead syndrome anyway but it took only few min for me to completely start rooting for Haruto. I love Tenma but Edogawa should simply be with Haruto. That's final.

I don't actually mind the side characters. They don't stand out that much as the side characters on HYD but nonetheless they make good support for our three. Only Airi and Megumi stands out a bit but other than that I can't even remember the names even properly.

One of the BEST parts of this story? The constant references to the parent story. it was nice surprise to hear about the characters all the time with occasional cameos. YES THERE ARE CAMEOS SO WATCH THIS!!!! With that I've got to finish my review cuz I am scared that I might actually spoil the story and one annoying person has been badgering me with one review where I had put a tiny spoiler (but in my defense I did mention before hand that there is a spoiler and not to read if they do not want it). Anyway that's for later.
I really hope they do a second season for this cuz honestly I'm dying for a second season so they can wrap up Haruto's and Edogawa's story nicely :)

PS- The songs are BEAUTIFUL. Utada Hikaru killed me with her track. Every time I hear it I imagine Haruto's heartbreaking face. The lyrics perfectly shows Haruto's feelings for Edogawa.

My Healing Love
Mar 10, 2019
Ok. I'll admit the story did start good and it continued good too as far as Weekend dramas go but still the ending??? WTF was that ending?? The story was all over the place. Yes I think I can get over the fact the male leads are step-siblings and the whole healing love thing but Eun Joo went back to Jun Seung?????? Does that make any sense? after how bad he treated her? WTH!! A good guy was there all along. The only reason he started acting nice to her was after he screwed up. It was so stupid. That really screwed up the story for me.

The only redeeming couple was obviously Yi Yoo and Joo Chul but that also not the best. I hated how formal they were while they dated. Do all Korean weekend drama couples become so formal????

Other than that I don't regret watching this but then again this would have been ok drama to miss too.