This is a drama about a girl, Go Dok Mi who is a shut-in Miss Lonelyhearts type, who spends her days spying on the man living in next building. She is caught spying by her other neighbor, Enrique Geum. Meanwhile, Oh Jin Rok is the man who notices her from long ago, and knows everything about her and will fall in love with her. Go Dok Mi is a ′city Rapunzel′ who never ventures outdoors, yet has her own set of charms that makes men go weak. Oh Jin Rok is a scruffy manhwa artist. Enrique Geum is a genius creative director, who is good-looking, stylish and bohemian and can′t get enough of soccer. He will form a love line with Go Dok Mi. (Source: KoreanDrama.org) Edit Translation
Where to Watch Flower Boy Next Door
Cast & Credits
1. Enrique Geum. He was really funny, sweet, and perfect! You'll really enjoy his carefree personality.
2. None of Go Dok Mi's heart's contenders were arrogant jerks, as you usually see in dramas.
3. The secondary characters like Watanabe, the girl with the under eye bags, Dong Hoon, etc. They're all really unique and so funny. There was also a secondary couple that I really liked. Don't want to spoil it, but I'll just say it involved Dong Hoon.
4. The hilarious scenes. I've never laughed out loud so much for a drama! You've got falsetto battles, "mafia" scenes, really bad spanish accents, etc.
5. The OST was perfect. It had J Rabbit, one of my favorite singers, and so many cute songs. Plus, the sound effects were really good!
And here is why you might doubt watching it:
1. Go Dok Mi. She was okay for the first few episodes, but then she began to get annoying. She was a Mary Sue: a character that's a perfect flower that bends with the wind, and that does no harm, but is attacked by everyone. I only really liked Dok Mi in the last episode.
2. The unnecessary, annoying drama that begun around episode 9 (I think). I wish the plot could've developed better, because it started out SO good. Those episodes made me feel as if the writers were dragging out this drama too much.
The wonderful last episode and the pros of this drama are what made me give it a 10. If you want to watch FBND, don't begin with such high expectations, that's my only advice :)
First of all, I am now noticing a pattern in the series as I have watched all of them, though they are called "Pretty Boy" and hey, who can say you don't see enough pretty here, but has anyone also caught him/herself on the thought that the characters crated for these series seem very real? I mean, forgetting about the bubbly front, there were real people, real feeling, real problems, and I like it so much, that it feels real watching these characters. I like characters that have depth, and the series have never failed to give me the characters. And though at first you may thing Enrique is the most funny, cute and bubbly character you could ever see, throughout the series he will show you so much humanity, so much sadness, so many unforgettable words... Though Dok-Mi may seem the girl who has closed herself and hasn't thought about her life ever since, will show you so much smile, so much strength, so much pain that she has been through and how much she grows by the end of the series, how much she changes Enrique and changes herself...
As the drama is mostly a comedy, I thought it is important to note that you'll find here not only comedy but also real characters who will make you feel for them, which I really appreciate.
This was the 3rd drama I was watching with Park Shin-Hye, and she again proved her abilities, I adore the girl.
Yoo Si-Yoon was just adorable as puppy-panda Enrique, I hope to watch other things with him.
Music was, like the drama, cute and calm. I really like the slow piece during the sad parts, and Park Shin-Hye's song, so alike her character and warm to my heart.