Won Mi Ho is the only child of a father who runs the Daehan Group. She is arrogant and selfish, but she also looks sad. One day, she makes big trouble. Because of this, her father banishes her to Jeju Island. She is assigned to work there as a high school teacher. She teaches ethics. Meanwhile, Won Mi Ho gets involved in a case related to ghosts. The ghosts have sought to get rid of the human world. They target Won Mi Ho. A mysterious ghost hunter tries to protect Won Mi Ho. (Source: AsianWiki) ~~ Adapted from the webtoon "Island" (아일랜드) written by Yoon In Wan (윤인완) and illustrated by Yang Kyung Il (양경일). Edit Translation
- magyar / magyar nyelv
Where to Watch Island Part 2
Cast & Credits
UnderwhelmingHonestly cutting the show into 2 parts was so stupid to begin with. It messed up the flow and the narrative of the story. I found part 2 to be bland compared to the first part. The writing became weak and there was also lack of flow with the scenes. The flashbacks became repetitive, like i get showing the backstory and all but most of those didnt explain what was happening.
I felt that the characters were underused, there was potential but there was more time spent on useless plot lines. The way the show was wrapped was underwhelming like just ended in a odd place and it didnt feel like a ending at all. There were so many unanswered questions like goodness me...like whyyy. Like what the purpose of the people in white were. The hint at another season was off-putting. The acting and the music was the main reason that kept me going.
Good Visuals , Somewhat Entertaining but.....i have never written a review on mdl but for this I had to write one because of the wasted potential. The first half of this show was fine and and not that great on which they could have build something. But soemthing was wrong from the beginning. This series is heavily plagued from bad writing which made the show from great to okayish.
Now I will break it down into what was good and what was bad.
The Good :-
1) The cast - The cast is of superior quality and they all have done a fabulous job of what they were given.
2) The basic premise - The premise from the beginning was interesting and worth exploring . It was rich and it really fascinated me what could be done from it.
3) The characters chemistry - The characters were setup great and their interactions were enjoyable and their dynamic was great.
4) The location and Visuals - The place it is set in is really breathtakingly beautiful and the level of CGI they were able to do is unseen in kdrama. Some set pieces were really too good to be true.
So All in all it had the right ingredients for it to be a great kdrama so where did it fail.
The Bad :-
1)The pacing - The pacing was all over the place and I don't know what was happening sometimes . Some moments the story was moving too fast and other times it crawled to move.
2) The action - I don't know whose idea it was to do action in this way but everything was filmed in jump cuts and we could barely see characters fight. Somebody would make a move and the opposing thing would have a reaction and thus it continued . It was so jarring and was really laugh worthy.
4) The Characters Motivation was barely explored on what made them tick. Why they continued to fight and what kept them going.
3) The execution - This really takes the cake on what made it "not great" . They could have done so much with the interesting premise but they squandered it . The scriptwriter had no idea how to write such a epic and often times scenes that played were predictable or illogical. You knew while watching it that it could have been much more grand and of the potential it had. It shows that how difficult it is to write a epic story.
for e.g.. They did not explore the lore in enough detail to make us understand the details behind the power of characters such as Yohan and how he gained sudden powers unexplained before.
So all in all a great story squandered. And honestly after the scriptwriters last drama (Jinxed at First) I was sceptical for Island but I held on to hope. I really wish it could have become the grand story I anted it to be.
Disclaimer :- They review is based on the knowledge of the author and what he felt while watching the drama. He does not claim of being a expert on anything.