Reincarnation

jdramagirl
Jun 15, 2018
I personally loved this movie (a lot even compared to Dark Water and Ringu), it is not your usual ghost story with jump scares, blood and gore stuff. As you have already read the synopsis, you can already feel that it may have a horror (kind of thrill and suspense added). There is not enough to this , I won't spoil this one. It takes a huge shift to a genre which leaves you shocked in a psychological way. Reincarnation as the title says - I must appreciate the story and the director who interpreted the concept in a unique way. Though visually it won't be appealing and too old-school , but you can't stop raving about the original idea used rather than same old chappy endings.

Watch it for story, suspense and acting. It is not a hyped movie - but a simple plain storytelling doing wonders.

I would have rated it 7 or 8 but since I liked the original idea I rate it 9.5 (plus 0.5 than Ringu).

Jan 28, 2018
From beginning to end, this movie is great. The  opening scenes in which Nagisa Sugiura, played by Yuka, are grabbed by a  pair of gray hands through a shelf of books and a bunch of hands come  out to try to grab her is also excellent. The whole movie  is a bit like "The Awakening" where they realize that they are the  person who should be killed and take it out of their memory. The film, however, does a much better job of maintaining suspense and making the viewer the advantage. In technical terms it has its defects but the story in a certain way hides them.