Due to the warm response the rewatch has ben getting, we'll have a new discussion thread for each episode, so that it's easier to track and reply to comments. Thanks for contributing, everyone! =)

Hi everyone!

kpoptrash has kindly looked into us using synctube to allow us to watch the episode together and chat in the app. They'll post for info, shortly. Don't worry, though, if you can't join in on that and have to or prefer to watch the episode on your own. We'll still come to this thread to post and comment! =)

Hello everyone! :)

A quick heads up for the rewatch on synctube:

On Thursday I will share a link where you can download a video with a short instruction on how to start the subtitles if they don't show up at first on your phone or tablet on synctube. On computer you should be able to activate the subtitles the same way as on Youtube.
As the episode is split into four youtube videos you may have to activate the subtitles again on each video. This is a bit of a hassle but better than having no subtitles.

The video also shows how you can change your user name for the chat. I'd suggest that everyone chooses the same user name as the ones we have here on MyDramaList so people can recognize the usernames they may have seen here before.

Also if you can, please use a computer/laptop for the rewatch on synctube. That way you can see the video on the left side of the display and the chat is on the right next to the video. This is the most convenient way. This may also work on a bigger tablet but when using the phone it can be a bit inconvenient and also too small, but it also works on the phone as you can see on the instruction video on Thursday.

I will share the synctube link on Friday, around 8 pm Bankok time, so everyone has enough time to enter and change their username. I will start the episode at 08:30 pm Bankok time. Between 08:00 an 8:30 I will drop some of the OSTs of the series in the watch playlist so we have some nice music while waiting for the episode to start.

Yeah, that is my plan. :) Would be great if everything works out. If not please watch the episode separately and share your thoughts in this thread or if the chat on synctube still works for you you can also share there.

That's all for now. Have a great Sunday and a good start into the week. :)

Thanks again kpoptrash, for all your time and effort! =)

dllmzca:

Thanks again kpoptrash, for all your time and effort! =)

No worries! I’m already excited, yay. 

Hello again~

Tomorrow is the day! Yay!

As said in my previous post here is the link for the instructions on how to change your username in synctube and how to activate subtitles on the phone/maybe tablet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5GkdopVuGE&ab_channel=Sina 

Of course this video is horribly made - please excuse that - but I just don't want anyone to get sweaty because the subtitles don't show up or when you can't find that 'speech bubble symbol' at first to activate the subtitles. 

That's it for today. Tomorrow I will drop the link for Synctube in this thread.

See you tomorrow! :)

Terrific! Looking forward to trying this out. Please remember all, to save some commentary for this thread, afterwards, so that those who couldn't join the synctube viewing for one reason or another aren't left out. =)

It’s Friday y’all! ATOTS time~

Click down below to enter the rewatch for episode 2 on Synctube.

Before that don’t forget to check out how the subtitles work and how to change your username, if you didn’t watch it before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5GkdopVuGE&ab_channel=Sina

If you can, please use a laptop/computer or a bigger tablet for the rewatch as it is the most convenient way to watch and chat at the same time. Phone does work, too though.

RULES:

- Please set your username as the one you use here on MyDramaList
- Don’t spam the chat and be nice to each other, please
- If you write something that could potentially be a spoiler please write “SPOILER” in front of your sentence

And last but not least – have fun. :)

Click here to enter >>>> https://sync-tube.de/rooms/28brnRmyKQ <<<<

Have other people succeeded in entering?    All I get is a big sign saying No Video.

BraveAppointment1:

Have other people succeeded in entering?    All I get is a big sign saying No Video.

We are only two for now. The link works for me. Maybe copy the link without the arrows into your browser?

Ah.  The problem was the protections on my Firefox browser.   Changed to a different one and now I'm in.

My thoughts on episode two after the rewatch:

- The interactions between the guy in the foundation and Tian were really nice. Of course he is critical about Tian going to Pha Pun Dao as the "rich guy". I think he only wants the best for him and is a really heartwarming man.

- To be honest I probably could never life withouth my phone - maybe if I had someone like Phupha in my life who knows LOL

- The look backs on Torfun and the kids are really nice. I really enjoyed rewatching those moments.

- I can't help but swoon over the mosquito net scene.

- Phupha playing the khlui flute is just amazing and beautiful. Also him smiling over the "mosquito net scene" is wholesome - the ship is sailing.

- Tian teaching the kids English words is really cute. Everyone is so excited in this scene.

- I felt really sorry for Tian being yeeted away from the doc in order to save Kalae. Tian looked so worried and guilty it broke my heart. It's not like it was his fault. 

- Later when Phupha came to Tian's house he was seriously so mean. Feeling bad again for Tian here.

- Glad Tian made up his mind to stay - or else we wouldn't have this series, right? :D Thanks to the man from the foundation.

I really enjoyed the rewatch on Synctube and I am glad everything worked out. I was really stressing over this the whole week haha the pressure was real. Thanks for tuning in and hope to see you next week again. :)

I'm really sorry I missed the live rewatch. It happens in the early morning, for me, and I foolishly forgot to turn on my alarm to be up in time. I hope I'll be joining in on it, next week.

This episode does a nice job of laying the foundations for both Tian's approach and his life in the village. The scene with the Foundation head shows us how strongly motivated he was to get to Pha Pan Dao.

I really liked how they juxtaposed Tian's first day of classes with the information he was recalling from Torfun's journal. The first day also showed us how Phupha may well have wanted to make things as difficult as possible for Tian,  initially. We get more insight into that later on, of course...

I also really enjoyed the first meeting scene with Khama and Doc's teasing of Phupha. We got a good taste of their characters for the series, as it moves forward.

Phupha's having his thoughts interrupted while playing the Khlui given to him by Torfun by thoughts of Tian show just how quickly Phupha was feeling drawn to Tian.

Tian's decision to take the kids on the field trip highlights his impulsivity and how he might not always consider the potential ramifications of his decisions.

The final confrontation between Phupha and Tian in the episode was the one which I think was the most severe of Phupha's. He was rather heartless toward Tian, but I can see to a degree how he could be influenced by concern that Tian could jeopardise the childrens' safety. Safety and security are all-consuming issues for a person like Phupha.

The moment when Tian recalls his conversation with Winai was a lovely moment. This series just has so many touching moments that make it my favourite BL series...

Friends, sorry I couldn't make it on the agreed time as I'm  working every Friday but I watched episode 2 when I got home. I am enjoying this re-watch activity because I can now look at the episodes with different lens compared to the first time.

-First, the aesthetics, effort and dedication to make the village as authentic and realistic as possible is world class. Just to share, I grew up from the Northernmost part of Cebu Philippines and I see several similarities especially the picturesque. WE also have a comfort room several meters away from the house we call "banwa" and the gecko sounds is a staple at night.

-Tian clearly is very reliant on Torfun's journal to make this gig work. The flashbacks are beautifully shot to flesh out the kind of person she was and how much the villagers loved her.  She was really a lovable character.

-It's also very clear how much Torfun meant to Chief Phupha. This is apparent when he remembered the Klui she gave and decided to play it in her honor before Tian suddenly invaded his thoughts. Also when he went quiet when Dr. Nam mentioned Torfun. The pain of her death was still very fresh to him.

-Chief Phupha's slight contempt at Tian is probably borne out of his lowly opinion for privileged people. The fact that Tian seemed hopeless at everything only exacerbated this. But Tian is also a puzzle to him because he didn't understand his motivation and that piqued his interest, not to mention he's already attracted. I think he was intentionally testing him to see how far he'll go and his strict methods is predictable for a man of his stature.

-I do agree that he went a little too far with giving Tian some tough love when he confronted him in the end. I think he really wanted Tian to stay but needed to emphasize the importance of the kids' safety. He used really poor choice of words used though. He was probably relying on Tian's stubbornness and expected him to push back as he's been every bit defiant with the chief so far. He later tried to backpedal when Tian reacted differently.

-I laughed hard at Tian's prank to the chief when he frantically dived in the water for him. He was surprisingly chill though when he took his shirt off.  The way our little mochi stared at this god awesome body is very telling.

-Tian maybe responsible for the accident but the chief has a role in it too. He was the one who brought Tian to the waterfalls first to prank him. Tian is a stranger to Pha Pun Dao he knew nothing of the place much less bring them to the waterfalls until the chief introduced it. That spectacularly backfired in ways he could never have imagined.

-The way they started and wrapped this episode was executed brilliantly.  I love how convicted Tian was in his resolve to do something for others after being given a second life. This is important in his character development and will shape his journey through the entire series.

Now I'll be watching Fish UPon the Sky just because I miss Mixx so damn much!

kpoptrash:
- I felt really sorry for Tian being yeeted away from the doc in order to save Kalae. Tian looked so worried and guilty it broke my heart. It's not like it was his fault. 

Yeah, he pushed him rather harshly. Was that really necessary?  :(