Episode 4 is such a wonderful progression to this series.

The kids have warmed up to Tian. I love how he wants to be called Phi instead of teacher heeding Chief Phupha's earlier advice. I was thinking, pursuing this familial relationship will only hurt in the end when parting comes. No wonder other teachers try to make it as impersonal as possible. Their little activity on the weighing scale was timely and relevant, he clearly no longer wants them to be taken advantage by any middlemen doing business.

Tian is also slowly but successfully assimilating himself to the village when he provided direction on how to build a simple, sturdy and easier to carry palanquin for the newly weds. Long Tay's introduction helps in pushing him to add more value into the villagers life. Clearly, he'll be a really good friend to him in the long run as they have so much more in common given the small age difference.

Dr. Nam is also establishing himself to be the steady captain of the ship. He knows something special is brewing between the two and in a no holds barred approach pushes them to communicate more. The way he embarrasses the two to each other is so entertaining to watch you can't help but cheer him on. But he clearly underestimates the chief's flirting skills who's actually very slick. Without even trying Torfun fell for him, I don't think Tian had a chance. The man can even make you swoon using a mosquito net. He's god tier in that level lol!

Tian had started to become more curious and intrigued about the chief as he fishes for more information about his romantic life. His initial misplaced jealousy with the doctor was adorable. In fact this episode showed us how mature people handle jealousy (Yes, you are exemplary chief Phupha!). In real life they don't act irrational and do crazy stuff. I live for all their romantic scenes together.

The ending was literally a cliff hanger. The way P'Aof fashioned it makes you want to watch the next one so badly you can say almost the same thing with all the episodes. Episode 5 is so exciting I can't wait to join you guys again.

P.S.

I have the New Jiew song on repeat. It's so good! EarthMix's inclusion in the story is so beautiful, I can't get enough of them.  No moving on for this one. Probably never. 

Mix's new song is also very cool with a retro feel :)

solipisism5:

I was a little shocked about the widow being used to teach the groom about sex, and the kids all watching it.  I see why they took that out of the screenplay, lol

I want to know who decided that this widow is expert when it comes to the subject matter. Did Khama screen all the widows and decide which one is perfect? hahaha 

Sorry that was dirty. 

Jaybird17:

I want to know who decided that this widow is expert when it comes to the subject matter. Did Khama screen all the widows and decide which one is perfect? hahaha 

Sorry that was dirty. 

Eww? Hahaha. Weird tradition lol. Does that also go for gay marriage though? Lol. Should both of the guys get a widow to practice then? :D

Yeah, that's right.  No fair!  We deserve equal rights! 

Great comments from everyone, all around and thanks again for keeping us updated with the boo k solipisism5

No problem at all.  I find it to be pretty fun

solipisism5:
lese majeste

Hee hee.   I think you mean to say "royal majesty" or something like that.   "Lèse-majesté" (literally "wounding his majesty" in French)  is the crime of saying negative things against the monarchy.   From your summary it doesn't sound like the book says anything negative -- just the contrary.

What was the year the book was written?   It was probably about the late King Bhumipol, who was widely and sincerely revered by the Thais, and who passed away in 2016.   I happened to be in Bangkok on the night the King died, and it was a very sad occasion.....

Woops I meant to say noblesse oblige.  There was like 4 pages of it here.  The villagers were raising up a deafening cry up praising the Thai king because of the planes that helped bring water to the village that helped douse the fire in the school.  The most important thing Tian salvages from the fire is his favorite calendar - with pictures of the Thai monarch.  Here are some other lines:  "His majesty's will never dries up," "Artificial rain, his Majesty's royal initiative does not only help to combat drought, it also helps to heal the hearts of those who have never yet realized the grace of his majesty."  Of course in Thailand lese majeste is a serious crime.  Thanks for the correction!

It was published in 2016.  Here's a link for some other books by Bacteria as well https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15552578.Bacteria

Reposting in case someone missed the new thread:

It's me again - ready for another Rewatch Party? :)

Click down below to enter the rewatch for episode 5 on Synctube.

Before that don’t forget to check out how the subtitles work on the phone/small tablets and how to change your username, if you didn’t already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5GkdopVuGE&ab_channel=Sina 
On computer the subtitles just work the same way as on YouTube. 

If you can, please use a laptop/computer or a bigger tablet for the rewatch as it is the most convenient way to watch and chat at the same time. Phone does work, too though.

If you enter the Synctube room and it says “no video” you may have to use a different browser or disable Browser extensions like Ad Blocker.

RULES:

- Please set your username as the one you use here on MyDramaList
- Don’t spam the chat and be nice to each other, please

And last but not least – have fun. :)

Click here to enter >>>> https://sync-tube.de/rooms/p47Zikp9SD <<<<