My number one issue with this drama was basically how the writers wrote the female lead. I would never claim to be a feminist but this drama I have no words. From the time this drama started all this girl did was literally was  make all her life decisions about this boy. It was hard to watch because I can't see any girl going to these extents for a man. Every freaking decision she made...running after this guy...nothing about this was romantic to me.

I definitely wouldn't recommend this drama to anyone. And to see people compare this to 'put your head on my shoulder' is an insult to the latter. 

I agree.

I think when they compare it to 'PYHOMS', they (may be) refering to all of those sweet moments together and not necessarily the plot. I got all squishy and soft once they had started dating and that is what remind me of 'PYHOMS'. In terms of plot, I would compare this to Itazura Na Kiss (the Japanese anime) or the live active INK: Love in Tokyo (because those are the only versions I watched).

I kept on picturing Zuo An as Irie-kun, Zhan Yue as Kinnosuke and Gu Xiao Man as Kotoko (≧▽≦)(≧▽≦)(≧▽≦) Although, Zuo An was MUCH nicer than Irie-kun (from both versions).

I think this drama is good though. It's not only FL who did a lot for ML but if you notice that Zuo An came out of his comfort zone and played basketball. It's true that Gu Xiao Man a lot but we can't say Zuo An did nothing. Zuo An helped Gu Xiao Man to overcome her blood phobia if you remember.

vi0let:

My number one issue with this drama was basically how the writers wrote the female lead. I would never claim to be a feminist but this drama I have no words. From the time this drama started all this girl did was literally was  make all her life decisions about this boy. It was hard to watch because I can't see any girl going to these extents for a man. Every freaking decision she made...running after this guy...nothing about this was romantic to me.

I definitely wouldn't recommend this drama to anyone. And to see people compare this to 'put your head on my shoulder' is an insult to the latter. 

This is so true this drama was soooo bad and the recommendations made no sense 

Aayan-Subedi:

I think this drama is good though. It's not only FL who did a lot for ML but if you notice that Zuo An came out of his comfort zone and played basketball. It's true that Gu Xiao Man a lot but we can't say Zuo An did nothing. Zuo An helped Gu Xiao Man to overcome her blood phobia if you remember.

I'm not saying the ML did nothing for the FL...however, in comparison it paled by a huge extent.  And don't get me started on the blood phobia. That was one of the main things I hated about this drama. The writers initially made her want to be a teacher because her mom who died was a teacher (valid enough reason) however she suddenly gave up on that dream for that guy.

That was seriously so messed up for me. I'm trying to explain to you how messed up that is..think about it...A girl with a whole PHOBIA OF BLOOD decided to give up on her DREAM of being a teacher for a GUY and goes to medical school and has a  PHOBIA OF BLOOD. Now she gets to medical school obviously can't function because of said PHOBIA and is given TWO perfectly valid alternatives either switch to a different field or seek professional help..refuses both (quite adamantly might I add) but is cured in a matter of weeks by the ML in typical bad writing fashion. That was not cute to me because of how unrealistic it was. I wasn't thinking oh well the ML did something nice for her too. I was thinking she should not have even been in that situation in the first place but because of her obsession for a guy she was.

Anyways,  I'm glad you enjoyed the drama. I will never be able to say the same though. 

It won't let me quote the comment above,

However, having watched enough of these dramas and read enough of these Mangas, I can say she never dreamed of being a teacher, she literally made that up in the spot. You can see her panic about not having a dream even before Zuo An says he's going to America. Also, every time it's brought up afterward she looks like she wants to say that isn't actually her dream, but can't because it made her dad happy.  If anything I would think her original dream would have been to stay in boxing, but she wasn't given that chance.  

But I will agree with the title the ending of this drama was a disappointment, but with this genre being so played out recently they needed to think of some kind of new ending. But that kind of ending isn't why I watch these types of shows. Also would have loved it to completely break and have Xiao Man end up with Shen. 

As for the PYHOMS comparison, they are only comparable in the fact they are both fluff and cover college. Their base genre is completely different. 

vi0let:

I'm late to the party, but having just binged-watched this show over the weekend, here are my thoughts:

• Xiao Man was a 17yo without much of a dream. Being a teacher was something she came up with on the fly and was not a true dream, as CassieRuss previously mentioned. Although a sports college may have been a better fit for her, that didn't feel right to her either and she resisted that path. Many 17yo kids probably don't know enough to have true dreams, as many of them don't know what's in the "real world." Even Zuo An seemed to be following his parents footsteps. He even attended his mother's alma mater.
  • When Xiao Man followed Zuo An to college, she may be rightly criticized. But I don't hear criticism of Zhan Yue who followed  Xiao Man to the same medical college. 
  •  Regarding Xiao Man's blood phobia, she later explains to her roommates that when she has bled during fights, she doesn't have the same fear reaction. Xiao Man thought she could get over this. As Zuo An surmises, her phobia was related to trauma not specific to blood, but to the underlying meaning blood represented (death). Zuo An's insight and helpfulness in solving this with her really freed her and brought them so much closer. 
  • As much as it seemed like Xiao Man was the only crushing on Zuo An, episodes 24 and 25 revealed that to Zuo An, Xiao Man was not merely a crush but the source of his happiness, his sunflower. We saw hints of this in earlier episodes: buying all those pens at the corner store when he already had lots of unused ones, watching her practice punching and kicking the sandbag, finding a way to tutor her in high school, being happy to have another 5 years of classes with her when they were accepted to the same college. He's also the first one to say "Wǒ ài nǐ."
  • It wasn't always Xiao Man following Zuo An. When she decided that cardiology appealed to her, he decided he would choose it as well, so they could go to the same wards.
  • For a first relationship, they had great communication and respect for each other. I'm thinking about "A Love So Beautiful," which is a personal favorite.  The miscommunication and its aftermath broke my heart.

I found the story cute, esp. the high school year. There were also laugh out loud moments. It definitely got more serious in their college years, as did the bullying and other darker themes. All in all, I smiled, I laughed, I cried. I already miss these characters.