ive seen many people talk about this recently and i actually take the "hes faking it" theory seriously lol so here's some reasons why i think hes not faking it... especially after ep8:

he's not really gaining anything by faking it. instead he's losing precious time. before he started to walk people theorised it's because he wants to be taken care of and fix his relationship with his mother. but at this point their relationship is already a lot better and hes all well. plus as we see he clearly has SOME evidence on both the antagonists. he left it with his mother as he probably though he will be killed,  but since he lived faking it at this point does not benefit him as everyday oh tae soo gets closer to being president and i don't think he would be able to out him for his crimes after he does

if kangho wasn't amnesiac he wouldn't be waiting around for his mother to find the chip and use it upto now as he would be desperate to deal with OTS /before/ he becomes president. he also probably knew they are planning to kill him which would give him even more evidence to use against them as he survived! i really don't think he has the luxury to play kid at this time, when he can see things are not going well for his mom, and OTS is trying to kill him and becoming president soon 

on top of all this if it really does turn out like that it would /personally/ be a horrible plot twist, it just doesn't fit this plot. it would just make him a very irresponsible sort of guy which i really don't think he is written as

so yes i personally don't think hes faking it. he definitely might be getting some memories back though that would explain the random parts where he looks like he knows something in the last two episodes... what does everyone else think about this :o

I can't believe some people think he could fake it X'D All his reactions are so natural just as a lost child (like when he doesn't see his mom right away at the hospital and go around crying (the same reaction all children have to be left alone or to have lost track of their mothers - like when It happened to me when I was a child) Or the moment where she almost kill herself and he goes out and starts to cry seeing Min Jo with that really child reaction (he feels so alike a child, it's impressive).

But even more a character that fakes something does it only when he is with others, not when he is alone. And we watched so many scenes of him alone acting as a  7 years old boy. 

Plus he wouldn't gain anything from it, and there wouldn't need to make the mother found the proofs. 

If he is faking it it would be the biggest plot whole and shitty plot twist I've ever seen in a drama. It would totally make most of the drama pointless. The whole "going back to be 7" is for them a blessing to restart over. 

exactly! i can't help but squint when i see people seriously believing that or hoping it happens like it would be a cool plot twist when it would personally ruin the whole thing for me. he's not gaining anything from being a kid and if he wanted to mend his relationship with his mother he would do this after dealing with the people he spent years going through hell for lol..... and just like you said he doesn't need to pretend and waste time with hes alone specifically 

Theory debunked in fire scene 

Hi, i was one of the guys who thought he was faking it. till ep.8 if i'm not wrong i was still of the the same idea as he began walking again.   But then as minutes flew by, i started to think they were dragging the "faking" way too much.  So yeah even though i "hoped" i was somehow right, it obviosly wasn't the case.

Why was i thinking that he was faking it? 

I genuily thought that he was using the time he needed to rehabilitate phisically as a precious time to share with her mom, receiving the affection he never had, bulding the relationship he always wanted to have with her mother.

During every episode i found that somehow kang ho was leading the mother towards finding the evidences and other small details that i don't even remember honestly.

obviously i have changed idea and it's clearly not as i believed.

Cheers,

Samuele

The second he tried to fake it in ep 12, his mother instantly knew. And it was also visible for us. So I don't think he was ever faking it

Rina_a365:

The second he tried to fake it in ep 12, his mother instantly knew. And it was also visible for us. So I don't think he was ever faking it

He was not. Confirm at episode 12.