~ Compilation of Chen Zheyuan's thoughts on "The White Olive Tree" ~

[Use dark mode]

Chen Zheyuan talking about "The White Olive Tree" :

Currently I'm filming the drama "The White Olive Tree". It's a very romantic story and it's romance 
           is not just the romance of the love story 
             between our  Male and Female leads. 
      We are a group of relatively young people living
             in a war-torn country called "Dongguo" 
           in our drama, and what we young people
                    are doing is also very romantic. 
       This story is romantic because it tells the story 
           of a group of young people who work hard
            for something that they know they has a 
            high probability of no results or rewards. 
               And it's very likely that it won't make
          any sense but they still have to  work hard
             and make sacrifices without hesitation. 
       That's one of the things make me feel romantic.

Credit - @czy1029scorpio

Chen Zheyuan describing "The White Olive Tree" in 5 words : 

Good, Lit, Heart tormenting, Cool Touching

Credit - @chenzheyuanzi 

Chen Zheyuan's comment under his Weibo post :

“A group of ordinary people, doing a romantic thing.”  

Chen Zheyuan on his character "Li Zan" :

"He’s a really really nice person, his kindness might not be understood/encountered by everyone in reality, he’s a very kind person. He would sacrifice a lot of his own things for others and carry a lot of burden on his own. My heart aches for him when I'm acting, I think he’s too tired at some times and I hope he’ll be more happy and take things easy but he’s that much of a good person. Still, hope everyone will like him when you watch the drama."

Credit - @chenzheyuanzi

Chen Zheyuan :

Whenever he watches the story and character, he’d feel distant with it cause he thinks everything there is too beautiful.

Credit - @chenzheyuanzi

Chen Zheyuan talking about "The White Olive Tree" on Sweet Tasks 

? :  We also saw that Chen Zheyuan recently starred in a new drama "The White Olive Tree", then we'd like to ask Chen Zheyuan, when trying out this theme and this role, did you encounter any challenges? 

⭕ :  At the time of initially getting involved with this drama, the biggest challenge encountered especially at the beginning was the character's image. Previously, I may have mostly played more youthful roles, But suddenly, I had to portray "Li Zan", who is a soldier in the original work, So he possesses the ability to make people feel reassured, So he himself is definitely very meticulous in his thoughts and very steady, then, he can handle whatever matters he encounters with a sense of being in control.  Also, being a soldier, he requires that kind of military demeanour and then he's a character who gives a sense of strength. So, at the beginning, I wondered how I could approach portraying him, Because previously, I had never tried cutting my hair short, it was always long. In terms of appearance, quite a few changes were made. I want to lean towards that direction.

? : It's also a new attempt.    

⭕ :  Right, because I also don't know if it look good after cutting. What if it doesn't look good or something like that.

? : But we have already seen the reuters, still very handsome. Very handsome, really very handsome. 

? : Looking forward to it. 

⭕ :  Thank you (3x).

? :  It feels like your current dressing style seems to have also changed a bit because of playing this role.

⭕ :  Can (3x). Because for the past three to four months, you have consistently been in the mindset of that character, living according to his state and thoughts. Then, you might have some daily behaviours or, your attitude to go through some changes.

Credit - @whiteolivetree_