I am only in Episode 20 and am loving it so far, however initially I did not want to watch this drama because of the name -- Bloody Romance -- not because I was afraid of gore but didn't really sound interesting.

Perhaps a different name is better like Bloody Revenge or Story of Wan Mei, Assassin Wan Mei, or I don't know Guihua City all sound like better names to me.

Thoughts?

Boom Boom Bang Bang Baby.

TheMaskedAvenger:

Boom Boom Bang Bang Baby.

HAHAAHHAHHHAAHHAHAH

I watched this drama because the name sounded interesting and dark the bloody suits but the romance part is slightly misleading for me a bit so I think:

"My shadow"  fits the most in my opinion

"Game of torture"

"Fight for survival"

"Forbidden feelings" 

"Flower of death"

Not good at names so just some guesses out of boredom :p

The chinese title is way better (as always). Direct translation works fine.

Roselanda:
"Game of torture"

That's the best title xD

Roselanda:

I watched this drama because the name sounded interesting and dark the bloody suits but the romance part is slightly misleading for me a bit so I think:

"My shadow"  fits the most in my opinion

"Game of torture"

"Fight for survival"

"Forbidden feelings" 

"Flower of death"

Not good at names so just some guesses out of boredom :p

I like "My Shadow." It's mysterious and would draw me in. 

So, I'm in the high 20's episode. Lost track. Romance is lacking but bloody for sure. I only started watching because of some particular reviews denoting major angst involved.  I do tend to like dark story lines. At this point, I'm trying to just get through the series as I am curious if there is justified endings for everyone. To be honest, I haven't really found myself attached to the FL. There is something lacking... I haven't been able to connect with her much. Maybe because everything feels rushed and/or her tendency to presume the worse with Chang An... I actually find myself annoyed with the FL most of the time. Let's see how much further I can take this.

In the last episode (36), Gong Zi says "Mei Zhe Wu Jiang ", that's where the title of this drama comes from, if I'm not mistaken (I'm not fluent in Mandarin and haven't read the novel entirely)

Still, you're right: the English title is meh and cringey (like many English Cdramas's titles)

So I'll try with another cringey title but somewhat accurate: "Deadly Gui Hua City" :D

How about:

"Haunting Romance" or

"Addictive Romance" or wait for it, this is going to sound really Chinese:

"Kind hearted assassin girl who talks her targets to death." ;)

I would have written it in Chinglish for laughs, but there is always that fat white female SJW who is going to say "Ping Pong, that delivers my egg rolls, I bet he/she/1-72 would find that offensive".  And I would be like, b****, watch some Cdramas, where Chinese people make fun of other Chinese people's eyes.  That was a f***ing eye opener, no pun intended, when I saw Chinese people talking shit about other Chinese people's eyes.  But, I wish I had intended a pun, it would be f***ing hilarious.