Hear me out, you guys... this one is WILD. Uk and Buyeon are the reincarnation of Seo Gyeong and that priestess. Can we consider them both as creators of the alchemy of souls? Technically the woman made the hail (ice stone) and Seo Gyeong created the soul ejector from it. IT'S THEM AGAIN, THEY'RE BACK!!!!

jxxwxxstan:
Seo Gyeong created the soul ejector from it. IT'S THEM AGAIN, THEY'RE BACK!!!!

I hate to question you jxxwxxstan because you have very good theories, but the Soul Ejector (powder) was being used by the mages in bloody warfare.  It was Seo Gyeong that ENDED the practice of using the Ice Stone to create the Soul Ejector "powder"

Kathryn_51:

I hate to question you jxxwxxstan because you have very good theories, but the Soul Ejector (powder) was being used by the mages in bloody warfare.  It was Seo Gyeong that ENDED the practice of using the Ice Stone to create the Soul Ejector "powder"

Yes, but he created the powder by accident. Remember Heoyeom said he was the only one who ever mastered Hwansu? We have the scene of him trying to melt the ice stone and getting the soul ejector as result. I don't think it was his intention. But there were more mages there as witnesses. The only other person who mastered Hwansu is his pupil, Master Lee. I am not saying any of them are behind the soul-shifting chaos that happened 200 years ago, but there were mages there to witness the creation of the alchemy and they're trying to replicate it since then.

Kathryn_51:

I clearly missed something because I didn't see/hear anything about the Ice Stone being inside Mu-deok's body.  Could you point me in the right direction because my understanding is that the Ice Stone is used to create the Soul Ejector "black powder" and SOMEONE out there is making all of those devices.  

Artifacts in the Jin clan's vault, the jar looking ones, literally spelled it out.

As for soul ejectors, yes, they are made with the help of the ice stone. But it may be the old stash of premade ones that the villain is hoarding.

Definitely Jin Mu had something to do with Bu Yeon's disappearance. He probably did it to take over the Jin family. Bu Yeon should become the new leader of the Jin family, but she is missing. Now Jin Mu plans to marry Cho Yeon to the prince. Apparently, he also wants to find Bu Yeon, but he will not, because he wants to become the leader of the Jin family now. Can you imagine yourself the power hiding in the Jinyowon cave. Why to be a king if you can rule the whole world with artifacts even without it?

Izyda:

Definitely Jin Mu had something to do with Bu Yeon's disappearance. He probably did it to take over the Jin family. Bu Yeon should become the new leader of the Jin family, but she is missing. Now Jin Mu plans to marry Cho Yeon to the prince. Apparently, he also wants to find Bu Yeon, but he will not, because he wants to become the leader of the Jin family now. Can you imagine yourself the power hiding in the Jinyowon cave. Why to be a king if you can rule the whole world with artifacts even without it?

The fact that the villain is part of the Jin family is reason enough to suspect he had a hand in Bu-Yeon's disappearance. That guy's incorrigible.

Kathryn_51:

Well, I have HEARD about the Hong sisters and I have read the synopsis for both Korean Odyssey and Hotel - and read the comments on MDL so I know w/out a doubt that neither series is one that I would enjoy.  I need to keep reminding myself that the reason I am attracted the show is more than the potential romance - the cinematography, unique characters, unique back-story, etc.  But. . . .I ❤ Jung Uk and Mu-deok(JBY) and if their end is tragic, my star rating goes to one ⭐.

Really curious why you ship Uk with Jin Buyeon when we don't know JBY's personality, and neither does Uk. They might had a story in the past but we are not sure  yet and don't know how was their dynamic. 

Unless... you are assuming the current soul in the body of Mudeok is a mixture (?)  of Naksu and JBY...

jxxwxxstan:

Hear me out, you guys... this one is WILD. Uk and Buyeon are the reincarnation of Seo Gyeong and that priestess. Can we consider them both as creators of the alchemy of souls? Technically the woman made the hail (ice stone) and Seo Gyeong created the soul ejector from it. IT'S THEM AGAIN, THEY'RE BACK!!!!

There is that possibility and I am with you with Mu Deok/Naksu/JBY being a reincarnation of the priestess - blindness being the link but while it's enticing to see Uk being Seo Gyeong's reincarnation, we have yet to see SG's power manifesting in Uk to protect him. As it is, he succumbed to Gil Jo's soul shifting and his mark is on his body not his eyes (showing he is after all still a human). Ok, so you may argue that that's coz he hasn't yet mastered all 3 of the powers Naksu has but shouldn't it surface somewhere somehow to protect him?

One thing we do see Uk's powers level up or his ability to somehow control his dad's sword is when he needed to protect Mudeok/Naksu from being harmed i.e. from the CP when they first met and in ep 7, in that battle with Gil Jo. Even during practice, that sword cannot harm Mudeok/Naksu, remember in ep 5, or was it 6, when he was wielding it and it came close to her eyes and she didn't flinch yet sword or him, deflected it?

Remind me again how that sword get forged? 

Ok what if JYB is dead and her soul resides in Mu Deok? That is why Naksu can be contained and the blue mark in her eyes is disappearing (we know Jang Uk fell for those eyes coz he was pretty disappointed it doesn't show anymore).

The clue may lie in the mirrors in the trapped room. There were 3 reflections near where Mu Deok was and 3 further away. We know the mirrors are a reflection of what you project yourself and we know each of us has 2 of us, one that we project to friends and family and the other to strangers.

Now we know too that the power of the trapping mirror lies in the power we give to the reflection it projects hence why Uk shuts it by covering the mirror. By covering the reflection, he was able to be his authentic self and talk through the mirror and not the reflection. It is with this authentic voice that he is able to reach Mu Deok. Their acknowledgment of their true thoughts and feelings towards each other was the one that broke the spell. In line with being authentic, Mu Deok's original blind girl persona emerges.

Here we know Mu Deok, as a blind girl, is the Ice Stone as confirmed by the relics who chatter when the mirror broke but she was not recognised by the relics when she came through the door and into the room because she was projecting  JYB and it was JYB that opened the room.

This also explains why she can be anyone when the person thinks of her i.e. Naksu for Seo Yul and Filthy Mu Deok for CP.  As an Ice Stone, she can project anything to anyone.  Interestingly, she never projected any persona to Jang Uk when we know he's been thinking about her the whole time.

This is something that irked Jang Uk when the 2 guys confessed that they came because they saw Mu Deok/Naksu come to them when they think of her coz it didn't happen to him at all! Further proves, Jang Uk isnt "just anyone" to Mu Deok/Naksu heheh.

Izyda:

There is a line in the trailer for ep 8 that says, "is  the man who shifted my father's soul, Jin Mu of Cheongbugwan?" and Jin Mu is also keeping a soul alive in a eunuch. The question is who's soul is that that he is keeping close and feeding? We know its a weak soul coz it needs to be fed and it can't be the old king but more of Jin Mu's subordinate. How do we know? Because Jin Mu treats him as such and there was never a decorum he needs to keep.

Can this soul be the one that was responsible for killing JYB and was the one that saw Jin Mu transferring JYB's soul to Naksu?

My theory is that Jin Mu and General Seo are working together (or perhaps using each other) to take ultimate power over all of Daeho  including the magical enclaves/facilities of Songrim, Jinyowon and Cheonbugwan.  One of them is “the Danju” – Naksu believe it to be Jin Mu.  But the main point of this theory is  that Jin Mu is not working alone.

The Seo family is the most prestigious noble mage family. It is also referred to as the Sejuk Circle.  The main house of the Seo family is far from the capital city on the western end of Daeho.  

General Seo is Seo Yul’s father and brother of Queen Seo Ha-sun. Other collateral members of the Seo family are Heo Yeom (head of Sejukwon), his granddaughter and medical healer Heo Yoon-ok, and Councilor Seo.

General Seo is presumably a descendant, and certainly a relative, of Master Seo Gyeong. It is a reasonable guess that “General” means that he overseas the Palace Guard and any military/security forces which may be required to keep the peace w/in Daeho.  I believe the troops/palace guards wear brown/gold uniforms (but I haven’t figured out the dress code for mages/non-mages/guards, etc.)  They are distinct from the uniforms worn w/in Songrim.  They were performing crowd control at Cheonbugwan on the day Naksu’s body was burned.

EDIT ADD:  I forgot one of the most important "clues" which is the one that started me on the path to begin with.  When Jin Mu ordered the death of all those poor followers who were promised "new souls" and then were fired upon and murdered - it was BROWN uniform archers.    That's was the catalyst for me thinking that Jin Mu is aligned with "government" (royalty) forces.

Park Jin believes the Ice Stone was sealed long ago and it has now been unsealed/stolen to create Soul Injector powder.  Without a doubt, the powder exists – whether old powder from storage or newly created from the Ice Stone.

At least two individuals  w/in the Royal Palace (Jin Mu referred to “them” - plural) are manufacturing crystal balls which contain the Soul Injector powder.  At this time, we don’t know where the powder comes from, but it may have been in the much larger box previously brought to the Queen.

I believe General Seo is one of those individuals.  It’s not a stretch to believe he is working with his sister, the Queen.  Perhaps the Seo family – a prestigious one but residing in an area far from the capital – have long wished to govern all of Daeho.  Jin Mu seeks power over those who have treated him badly (Sister Jin) and wants to be the Gwangu of Cheonbugwan. 

Last line of Ep. 8 Preview:  “It must never be revealed they are soul shifters”. (so this entire theory will be updated tomorrow)

My theory is that Jin Mu’s plan (perhaps partnered with General Seo) is to create an army of soul shifters.  The Soul Ejector enables (1) bringing the dead back to life by summoning back their souls, (2) shifting souls from one body to another and (3) expel a soul of the living and stealing their energy.  Given enough crystal balls, they could bring the dead back to create that army.

Taking control of Jinyowan is also part of the plan because the relics are sitting there “waiting for an opportunity to come out into the world again.”

Back to Seo Yul.  His birth name (according to one web site) is Seo Ho-seong but as of now we have no explanation for why he revised his name.  He clearly is not following in his father’s footsteps (military) and prefers to live a life of scholarly research and achieving the various levels of mage ability and swordsmanship.  If my theory is correct, we are looking toward an absolutely EPIC confrontation between Dad and Son near the end of Season 1.   

crazy theory: the original mudeok is the main villain of the story. she is involved in buyeon’s disappearance and was regaining powers from buyeon’s soul, as well as from absorbing naksu’s soul. on the second thought, she might not be evil. the ice stone might be gathering powers to prevent the evil people from using the ice stone to do bad things out of it.

#2: buyeon was tasked by seo gyung through a dream to protect the ice stone from bad people (including jinmu). on the verge of failure, she desperately put the ice stone into her body. that had side effects like losing her strength and memory and being blind.  she had to live her life as mudeok from then. also, anyone who tries to soul shift near the ice stone would summon the ice stone. 

Kathryn_51:
 If my theory is correct, we are looking toward an absolutely EPIC confrontation between Dad and Son near the end of Season 1.  

That's a really good theory you got there!

Now that we know Jin Mu knows about Jang Uk's king star, I wonder if they're preparing this undead army to defeat Uk in case he ever finds out the truth about his special condition?

Another thing that's bothering me is Jang Kang. Where is he now?? Why did he flee? Doesn't he know Uk's energy gate is open now?? 

The Jin relics saying "it's her the blind girl!"

The Jins eldest daughter, she might be blind😐

Maybe.... Jin family wanted to get her soul out her body and shift it to someone who could see. But there was a problem while performing alchemy of souls on her? And it caused her to be lost somewhere in someone's body ..who Jin dad is searching for? The guilt of causing all this is eating Jin mom's heart that's why she seems to be stressed and sad all the time!

Mudoek? Her body might be it!

THIS IS IT! 😵🤣

jxxwxxstan:

That's a really good theory you got there!

Now that we know Jin Mu knows about Jang Uk's king star, I wonder if they're preparing this undead army to defeat Uk in case he ever finds out the truth about his special condition?

Another thing that's bothering me is Jang Kang. Where is he now?? Why did he flee? Doesn't he know Uk's energy gate is open now?? 

Gathering the undead sounds like the battle in Lord of The Rings or is that Game of Thrones? In this instance, there is that likelihood considering there are 10 balls of ice stones in Jin Mu's possession. They say history repeats itself, so I guess we will be seeing a repeat of what happens 200 years ago except this time, they really seal the Ice Stone with the help of Mu Deok and Jang Uk. How? Coz they are just a lot stronger than the priestess and Master Seo by virtue of Mu Deok being a combination of JYB, Naksu and reincarnation of priestess and Jang Uk being the reincarnation of Seo and having the powers bestowed by the King Star.

On  Jang Kang, I'm sure he'll get wind of it somehow and appear in the future, remember, he is a powerful mage in his own right and was Chief Mage in Cheogbogwan.  This title is still not filled  because we see Jin Mu is still Asst Chief Mage, although this may be due to the fact that he is a Jin and only a Jang can be a Chief Mage.

As for the theory that there may be a Season 2, I highly doubt there is one. We are talking Hong Sisters here, they never do Season 2. They do 1 epic show, leave ppl hanging and that's it.