So, the queen is the real Danju/mainest villain and is of Choi family that was slighted by Songrim and its founder and her grand plan is to eliminate Songrim? Were Choi family those who spread soul shifting chaos during those massacres 200 years ago? I'm sensing some big shit gonna go down in the end, like in those distant past scenes.
Also, she has the Ice Stone which she stole some time earlier and makes more soul ejectors. What's up with Mu-Deok then? Does she have a part of the Ice Stone inside of her or is it something else with her? I don't think Naksu has to worry about being petrified for now, but that only hangs on her staying in that body.

Kathryn_51:

At some point Father Jin will appear and identify her.  I've always thought ep 9/10 (halfway through the series) would be a major privot point in the main romance as well as some of the other stories (although we got a major pivot on the Danju today).      Just as they are getting close - bam, they discover Mu-Deok's true identity.  

I think So Yi, a pickpocket girl from Mu Deok's Village will appear soon as well since Heo Yun-ok is here. We will see if the truth comes to light soon. 

Aramintai:
I don't think Naksu has to worry about being petrified for now, but that only hangs on her staying in that body.

So far, only Master Lee knows about her being an Ice Stone, right? (aside from the relics) She would discover it herself too if she tries to investigate the palace, or when Jang Uk brings her the Ice Stone.

Also the opening of both ep 7 & 8, just wow!!! A ritual dance that made everyone freaked their minds out and (the real?) Mu Deok's soul is smiling while holding him... How should I react lmao!! Her being the Ice Stone, so she could enter that soul realm whenever she's nearby? Ah... Then Naksu got herself an uninvited guest to shift soul with hahaha. I'm surprised the girl that she took with her, her soul didn't enter the soul realm.

Btw if her father's soul got shifted, where is her father's soul now? Who was shifted into her father's body when he was killing the family?

Ahh right, Mu Deok changed her styling hehehe, *waiting for more*

Fujihara Tomomi:
I think So Yi, a pickpocket girl from Mu Deok's Village will appear soon as well since Heo Yun-ok is here.

I forgot all about So Yi - but her appearance is another reason why I don't Mu-deok is some sort of empty vessel that just happened to be standing around in that tavern at the moment Naksu knocked her over.  

Fujihara Tomomi:
So far, only Master Lee knows about her being an Ice Stone, right?

I totally missed anything about Master Lee knowing that Mu-deok is the Ice Stone (or even part of an Ice Stone).  Can you point me in the right direction?  It is still easier for me to believe/comprehend two souls residing in Mu-deok's body than the Ice Stone, empty vessel, reincarnation.  

Vniverse:

The Jin relics saying "it's her the blind girl!"

The Jins eldest daughter, she might be blind?

Maybe.... Jin family wanted to get her soul out her body and shift it to someone who could see. But there was a problem while performing alchemy of souls on her? And it caused her to be lost somewhere in someone's body ..who Jin dad is searching for? The guilt of causing all this is eating Jin mom's heart that's why she seems to be stressed and sad all the time!

Mudoek? Her body might be it!

THIS IS IT! ??

Alchemy of souls is forbidden sorcery, they wouldn't perform in their precious daughter and risk her run wild just so she could see.

OMG so many things happened in today's episode! Our theories must be revised!

There's an overwhelming amount of posts here, I'll read them later. I want to share what I think now that we know the queen is the real Danju. 

I think Jin Mu and the queen robbed the ice stone from Buyeon and discarded her body. Fortunately, the girl survived and some commoners raised her.  

P.S.: We have confirmation that the mage that performed the rain dance was Jinyowon's leader!!! So the ice stone was under their custody. We still don't know why Buyeon had the ice stone, but I bet Jin Mu stole it from her and got rid of her after.

My guess is that the actual Mu Doek is the Ice stone as in she is not a person but a relic or an illusion made by the original mage and the blind priestess who initially made the ice stone unwittingly (as in they wanted to end the drought by bringing rain but they accidentally created a powerful stone that could be used for evil). They may have made a shape shifting illusion while they both were dying, so that they would reincarnate later and destroy it. So the stone recognised Naksu as the priestess' soul when she bumped into her and acquired her soul as per fate, so that she can be incharge of the stone. And that's why only Jang Uk could see the blue in her eyes, because he is the OG mage and the stone made sure he is near Naksu as in the OG blind priestess because he should gain power and then they together should destroy it.

Kathryn_51:

I forgot all about So Yi - but her appearance is another reason why I don't Mu-deok is some sort of empty vessel that just happened to be standing around in that tavern at the moment Naksu knocked her over.  

I totally missed anything about Master Lee knowing that Mu-deok is the Ice Stone (or even part of an Ice Stone).  Can you point me in the right direction?  It is still easier for me to believe/comprehend two souls residing in Mu-deok's body than the Ice Stone, empty vessel, reincarnation.  

Well, the description said Mu Deok saved So Yi so yeah... Since we already confirmed she's blind, then she can still "see" with her sense to be able to save a pickpocket girl. So yi is looking for My Deok? Why? Why is she looking for her now instead of when she was first sold to the Gibang? Does she have an alternate motive in mind? Either way she is gonna be used by Jin Mu and found herself in a big trouble. *sigh* I hope Mu Deok's memories can access through Naksu when that time comes or even sooner than that. Only God knows what Mu Deok did back in her village. ?

I don't think My Deok is an empty vessel. Why would an empty vessel has emotions? She screamed from pain when Naksu pushed her, and looked confused too. She smiled when she saved Jang Uk in the soul realm. She saved So Yi from a potential crime punishment. Therefore, she does have a personality of her own. We just don't get to know about her enough. She just happened to the vessel of the Ice Stone. That doesn't deny the fact that she is also a human. Her existence is a mystery from the start, now we got more questions to answer lol ?? 

jxxwxxstan:

There's an overwhelming amount of posts here, I'll read them later. I want to share what I think now that we know the queen is the real Danju. 

I think Jin Mu and the queen robbed the ice stone from Buyeon and discarded her body. Fortunately, the girl survived and some commoners raised her.  

P.S.: We have confirmation that the mage that performed the rain dance was Jinyowon's leader!!! So the ice stone was under their custody. We still don't know why Buyeon had the ice stone, but I bet Jin Mu stole it from her and got rid of her after.

That's a nice theory, you got there. But if they took it from her, why the relics and Master Lee were able

to know that she is the Ice Stone? If it's taken away from her, why was she able to pull Jang Uk from the Soul Realm?

jxxwxxstan:

Then why does Jin Mu promises his half sister to bring back Bu Yeon if he killed her?

My problem is where do they enter when they soul shift? The watery galaxy like thing? And why did Mu Deok's soul was there? Is she stuck in that galaxy kind of thing? 

Or when the soul shifter performed alchemy of souls, Mu Deok was holding Jung Uk. Did both of their souls enter into the galaxy thing? 

Then where was Naksu's soul?

Did Naksu's and Mu Deok's souls got combined? And Naksu's soul is not there?

Or are they still split? Because Mu Deok's soul entered the galaxy thing while Mu Deok's body was controlled by Naksu's soul.

And ice stone. What exactly is it? Can it be a person itself? How did it end up inside Mu Deok? 

Was she able to save Jang Uk because she had the power of ice stone?

This is going crazy at this point. I really want to know the answers Hong sisters.

Sorry, didn't have time earlier to put out the entire thing in my head before, so here goes my actual extended wild theory... Ice stone(IS) was changed into some relic by its creators (priestess & mage) as they were dying. It existed in some other form b4 it took the human female form. On the other hand, blind priestess reincarnated as Jin fam's elder daughter who was switched at birth by sm1 powerful ( no idea who! Hehe /maybe the 100 +yr old mage ). Now the IS is blind or because its power is in the eyes, it has been blocked off. The real Jin daughter aka Naksu grows up with her star recorder father. At age 10, both disappear, one becomes Naksu, the other IS girl becomes MD. Then when the time comes IS girl recognises its priestess soul and accepts it, becoming the current Naksu /MD. Then they meet Uk and IS recognises its other master and see to that they form a team to ultimately destroy the IS they both created together unwittingly. 

Conservative_Torch:

Then why does Jin Mu promises his half sister to bring back Bu Yeon if he killed her?

Maybe He didn't kill her, he might just took the Ice Stone and leave her in a faraway village. Maybe he still consider her as his niece? 

Conservative_Torch:

My problem is where do they enter when they soul shift? The watery galaxy like thing? And why did Mu Deok's soul was there? Is she stuck in that galaxy kind of thing? 

Or when the soul shifter performed alchemy of souls, Mu Deok was holding Jung Uk. Did both of their souls enter into the galaxy thing? 

Then where was Naksu's soul?

Did Naksu's and Mu Deok's souls got combined? And Naksu's soul is not there?

Or are they still split? Because Mu Deok's soul entered the galaxy thing while Mu Deok's body was controlled by Naksu's soul.

And ice stone. What exactly is it? Can it be a person itself? How did it end up inside Mu Deok? 

Was she able to save Jang Uk because she had the power of ice stone?

This is going crazy at this point. I really want to know the answers Hong sisters.

Maybe it's because the Alchemy of Souls is casted near an Ice Stone, that's why Mu Deok's soul was able to enter the Soul Realm freely. Mu Deok is the bearer of the Ice Stone, so she has the power over it and got into the Soul Realm instead of Naksu. Therefore, she was able to pull Jang Uk out of the Soul Realm.

As Master Lee said there's only one Ice Stone left, either it is inside Mu Deok's body or it's in the possession of the Queen/Danju. If two people have it, then the stone might have been split into two pieces. 

Fujihara Tomomi:
But if they took it from her, why the relics and Master Lee were able

to know that she is the Ice Stone? If it's taken away from her, why was she able to pull Jang Uk from the Soul Realm?

Well, she definitely still has part of the ice stone inside her. That's what's keeping her from running wild with Naksu's soul. I believe that's also how she could save Uk and break free from the mirror. 

I don't know how, but it seems to me that she's getting stronger with Naksu. 

I went back and rewatched the first episode and it looks like Naksu hadn’t mastered Hwansu because she needed a soul ejector orb to swap. The question is how she knew to do it and if she’d done it before. Since she hasn’t run wild then I do think I believe that some or all of ice stone is in Mu Deok for some reason. Just not sure how. 

Conservative_Torch:

He said that to persuade Lady Jin because he wants to marry the crown prince to Choyeon.

ennekube:

I went back and rewatched the first episode and it looks like Naksu hadn’t mastered Hwansu because she needed a soul ejector orb to swap. The question is how she knew to do it and if she’d done it before. Since she hasn’t run wild then I do think I believe that some or all of ice stone is in Mu Deok for some reason. Just not sure how. 

Jin Mu gave the soul ejector to her in case she failed the mission. He doesn't care if she would run wild afterward.