Kim Hee Soo:

Fujihara Tomomi I hope I am wrong but Hong Sisters and TvN are not a good combination if you want a happy ending and dont hope for a Season 2. Hong Sisters never does one!

But there's a confirmed news that part 2 is being written atm. OMG- https://m.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20220615000732

Kim Hee Soo:
I just want to know who Choi or the Choi family that the Queen mentioned in the secret room with Jin Mu is. I am sure that is the family of the Queen. She is not a Seo. If she is a Seo, why is she so bent on revenge and wanting to rule over Daeho? Technically as Queen and as Seo (as some here believe), the eldest and most respected mage family, she already ruled both worlds of Daeho.

Ohh right!! They did mention that Seo Yul is the nephew of the Queen. That makes her a Seo too. But she said she's from the Choi Family, Ohh the twist!!!

Fujihara Tomomi:

But there's a confirmed news that part 2 is being written atm. OMG- https://m.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20220615000732

ooh then I am glad you prove me wrong! Let's look forward to that, shall we but yes my bet is on Yul to be killed at some point like Aurora Nebula  mentioned. 

Fujihara Tomomi:

Ohh right!! They did mention that Seo Yul is the nephew of the Queen. That makes her a Seo too. But she said she's from the Choi Family, Ohh the twist!!!

So if she is a  Seo, she should be a distant aunt i.e. someone in the Choi married into a Seo coz the current king is not a Seo, or is he? What is the king's surname btw?  

Aurora Nebula:
Naksu and Uk must have some special connection cause Uk recognized her as Naksu by immediately looking into her eyes. Naksu is a soul shifter and Uk is a mage, when they are together, they can fight against anyone. But I think you guys should prepare yourselves to see death of some of the characters especially Yul and Songrim, cause I have a feeling that they would protect Naksu and Uk. 

Someone said Bu Yeon and him might be childhood friends, so he recognized her eyes. But yes, maybe there are more than just being childhood friends. And god no!! I felt that Seo Yul is too perfect too. I felt his longing for Naksu when they were younger. Ahh god, I just started to watch Kdrama after a long time, now that you guys said the Hong Sisters and tvN are like that....looks like this drama will be tissue companies' fav drama.

Kim Hee Soo:

So if she is a  Seo, she should be a distant aunt i.e. someone in the Choi married into a Seo coz the current king is not a Seo, or is he? What is the king's surname btw?  

The king's surname is Go. Here's the characters' description:
https://mydramalist.com/discussions/can-this-person-be-translated/73883-aos-character-descriptions-and-relationships-venue-descriptions-spoilers

She is Queen Seo Ha-sun. My best bet is that she shifted her soul with the real Queen, so she can get her revenge on the 4 families by being at the highest and closest position possible.

Conservative_Torch:

So true. I'm so afraid of a bittersweet ending

I've been resisting the two-soul theory for this reason. But it's looking more and more inevitable. Whomever blindfolded-Mudeok is, she seems clearly different from Naksu, and probably is the great soul without malice that Hemp Master Lee refers to (Naksu: Great perhaps?  But without malice??). Though one might expect Master Lee to notice there are two souls in Mudeok's body.

I see a Hotel-del-Luna type-ending in which Naksu says farewell to Jang Uk and dissipates from Mudeok's body, leaving behind someone he no longer loves or recognizes.

I don't necessarily object. After all, The Third Man is my favorite movie of all time.

Fujihara Tomomi:

Someone said Bu Yeon and him might be childhood friends, so he recognized her eyes. But yes, maybe there are more than just being childhood friends. And god no!! I felt that Seo Yul is too perfect too. I felt his longing for Naksu when they were younger. Ahh god, I just started to watch Kdrama after a long time, now that you guys said the Hong Sisters and tvN are like that....looks like this drama will be tissue companies' fav drama.

if BY and Jang Uk were childhood friends and the kids on the boat with Master Lee, then the first thing he says would be Bu Yeon, not Naksu when he sees the eyes. How did he know it was Naksu from the blue eyes? Everyone at that instant knows soul shifters left a blue mark on their left chest (which is interesting coz that is near the heart) never the eyes.

So how did Jang Uk, being a non-mage (at the time) know about Naksu being shifted and the blue eyes being the sign of Naksu? Was this part of his lessons from the 12 masters? But he quit not too long after being under them. He never lasts long.

So there is some connection there between Naksu and Jang Uk but it definitely wasn't childhood, Jang Uk never went to Donghangguk it was Seo Yul.

But to be able to recognise it first and Seo Yul never did, remember how close Seo Yul was to Mu Deok? The bridge after the first bird whistle scene at night and when they were trapped in the cramped closet when they were hiding from guards who were looking for them (both from the same ep, I think it's ep 4), he never saw her eyes or recognise her. Considering they spent quite some time together as childhood friends, shouldn't he be the one to mention it? (if we are going by the childhood friends trope)

I think Naksu and Jang Uk are soul mates that's why Jang Uk can recognise her in an instant and have this affinity to be close to her. At the onset, it looks like both of them are selfish creatures wanting to make use of each other's strengths and positions but it is their souls that recognise each other. Hence the poster of both only showing one eye and united by Naksu's sword.

Thecla:

I've been resisting the two-soul theory for this reason. But it's looking more and more inevitable. Whomever blindfolded-Mudeok is, she seems clearly different from Naksu, and probably is the great soul without malice that Hemp Master Lee refers to (Naksu: Great perhaps?  But without malice??). Though one might expect Master Lee to notice there are two souls in Mudeok's body.

I see a Hotel-del-Luna type-ending in which Naksu says farewell to Jang Uk and dissipates from Mudeok's body, leaving behind someone he no longer loves or recognizes.

I don't necessarily object. After all, The Third Man is my favorite movie of all time.

But there's a part 2! I am gunning for a Korean Odyseyy ending where Jang Uk goes on an adventure to find Mu Deok who is trapped in the lake after the ending of AoS 1. I am betting she needs to be sacrificed to save the world like Sun Mi but then when he found her he needs to rebuild her trust coz she forgets about her past life.   If that happens then at least I am happy, it will be a good alternative to a KO S2.

Kim Hee Soo:
the kids on the boat with Master Lee,

Lmao, I don't think those 2 kids are them hahahhaha. 

Kim Hee Soo:
I think Naksu and Jang Uk are soul mates that's why Jang Uk can recognise her in an instant and have this affinity to be close to her. At the onset, it looks like both of them are selfish creatures wanting to make use of each other's strengths and positions but it is their souls that recognise each other. Hence the poster of both only showing one eye and united by Naksu's sword.

GODDAMN!! Now that's a good analysis!! Btw In the video down below, there's even a photoshoot where Naksu/Mu Deok is holding a sword against Jang Uk. Her styling is the exactly styling that we saw in ep 8, will this happen soon? or it's just the recreation of the scene when Mu Deok thought Jang Uk's soul has been shifted with Gil Ju?

I'll paste my previous comments here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hD40853rD8
About the video, in the photoshoot, Jang Uk hides her right eye, does that mean he wanted to hide the truth from her? but her left eye is uncovered though, so he might just conceal some truths, but not all of them. Then that shot when she held a sword at him. Hmm.. hairstyle and clothes changed, but her clothes aren't completed. So she got her power back, and she can unsheath her sword again, but had some argument with Jang Uk?

Fujihara Tomomi:

Surely there will be sad scenes. Let's brace ourselves for that. Also Uk said that if he will die then Naksu has to also die since they are master and pupil. Also Yul said that if time comes, then he might have to harm Naksu too.  And I'm scared cause these types of lines are usually seen in flashbacks in later episodes. I hope that we don't have to see such scenes cause I'll be bawling my eyes out if anything happens to them.

Fujihara Tomomi -yeah i dont believe the 2 kids on the boat are them either, but some here think so to match the childhood friends trope and yes I believe at some point she got her powers back and can unsheath her sword.

Remember her promise that she will leave him once she got her powers back? Probably Jang Uk isnt going to let her go, well duh! Look at how lost he is in the preview of Ep 9! That guy is a wreck without her.

Aurora Nebula m betting on Seo Yul dying just like the 2nd in command for Mr Queen, also a TvN and the 2nd ML in CLOY, also a TvN drama.

If we are going by Hong Sisters, our favourite bellboy P.O had to die too in Hotel De Luna. So a fan fav is definitely going to die at some point.

Kim Hee Soo:
if BY and Jang Uk were childhood friends and the kids on the boat with Master Lee, then the first thing he says would be Bu Yeon, not Naksu when he sees the eyes. How did he know it was Naksu from the blue eyes? Everyone at that instant knows soul shifters left a blue mark on their left chest (which is interesting coz that is near the heart) never the eyes.

Yes. And this is the interesting part cause I don't think it has been mentioned anywhere in the drama that soul shifters can be recognized by their eyes too. Also how did Uk become sure that it was Naksu  and not any other soul shifter was also an interesting scene. Their souls are connected it seems cause considering Yul's relation with Naksu, he should've been the one to first know Naksu, but it was Uk. Gosh this drama has so many theories that it's interesting to think about.

Kim Hee Soo:

Aurora Nebula m betting on Seo Yul dying just like the 2nd in command for Mr Queen, also a TvN and the 2nd ML in CLOY, also a TvN drama.

If we are going by Hong Sisters, our favourite bellboy P.O had to die too in Hotel De Luna. So a fan fav is definitely going to die at some point.

Haha yeah. So let's brace ourselves for some tragic events.