If S2 is a sequel to S1 and JSM is not the FM for S2 here is a plausible theory I can think of-

- As shown at the beginning of episode 7 there is a blind girl dancing in a ritual of sorts to end drought and famine resulting in a hail storm in which ice stone was found. The blind girl( most likely a member of jin family) is the one responsible for creation of ice stone

-The ice stone is currently in possession of real danju a.k.a the queen and she is misusing it for doing Alchemy of souls.

- MD/ long lost eldest daughter of jin family is most likely a reincarnation of the blind girl of the past and it is her destiny to put an ending to all this soul shifting madness by destroying the ice stone and sacrificing herself in the process 😭

- As for a new body for naksu it is shown that the ice stone has properties of all elements in it( fire,water,stone). So maybe it has the power to create a body for a soul seperated from its body

My conclusion for S1: we might get a mixed ending of sorts. An ending where MD dies for world peace and naksu and uk get together

Kim Hee Soo:

ooh part 2 start where part 1 left off with a back story, nice!

Yeah, we will miss Mu Deok but by end of Part 1 i think she has to go simply because of her Ice Stone connection.

Yes I really hope so part is more just back story’s a stuff because changing Mudoki out of part will make the viewer not want to want part 2

katyviolet18:

Yes I really hope so part is more just back story’s a stuff because changing Mudoki out of part will make the viewer not want to want part 2

Yes I really hope so because JSM fans and most people will not watch season 2

Guys,
Here's what we know of Part 2 so far:

1. Part 2 will introduce the supporting roles' side stories and spin-offs organized into 10 new episodes.
  2. The actress appeased fans through her agency, Blossom Entertainment, and said "I'm not leaving. We are discussing appearing in Part 2."

So yeah she may be back and Part 2 may be separate of Part 1.
Check the story here: Jung So Min To Not Reprise Role in ‘Alchemy of Souls’ Part 2? Here’s Why

Maybe the ending of season 1 would be Naksu magically getting her body back and the real MuDeok would wake up and live her life as the Jin's eldest daughter (that's why Jung So Min will only have appearances in part 2 and not the main lead) or she'll cease to exist coz she's somehow conncected to the ice stone...? Or, Naksu will transform MuDeok's body into her original likeness....LOL

Part 1 could end like The Korean Odyssey. FL died and ML went to look for her. But this time, the Hong sisters decided that AoS will have a better ending hence part 2. (Wishful thinking)

Elle0807:

Part 1 could end like The Korean Odyssey. FL died and ML went to look for her. But this time, the Hong sisters decided that AoS will have a better ending hence part 2. (Wishful thinking)

That's a great idea. I like it.

I just got a crazy idea. This is all a plot twist by them.
They announced that Naksu will be the main lead in part 2 to stop viewers from guessing the correct way that Naksu's soul and MD's body will remain cos Naksu's body has been burned.
But because of the announcement, we all start to think that MD's soul and body will get sacrificed and the show will give Naksu's body somehow.
If the rumour is true, then, we won't be seeing Naksu's soul & MD's body.
Oh well, I will still watch S1 and even S2 if the story is still really good by the end of S1.
The burden on Go Yoon Jung would be heavy cos if she couldn't do better than JSM in convincing viewers, it would be a bad taste. Viewers will feel that something is off. But if she did better, she would be praised by fans a lot and her popularity will soar quickly.
I know LJW will pull it off in part 2 too but it takes two (LJW & JSM) to create the magical feeling we see in S1. So, as a warning to all the fellow viewers, don't expect too high for S2 then, you might see an unexpected performance in S2 & enjoy it.

Alright, let's discuss the concept of the Yin and Yang jade. (It suddenly hits me lol)

Please keep in mind that I'm new to K-dramaland, so Idk much about Korean culture. I watch C-drama, and Yin and Yang are supposed to be black and white, right? In this drama, the Yin and Yang Jade is blue and red instead. Cultural differences, I assumed. From an article, I found online: (Korean flag as a reference)

"The red and blue circle in the center is called ‘Taeguk’, the origin of all things in the universe. The central thought is perfect harmony and balance: A continuous movement within the sphere of infinity, resulting in one unit. The blue part of ‘Taeguk’ is called ‘Eum’ and represents all the negative aspects of the balance that is typical for the symbol. The red part is called ‘Yang’ and describes all the positive aspects."

As far as I know from C-drama, Yin also represents female, while Yang represents Male. This explained why Jang Uk chose the red while giving Mu Deok the blue one. Them being together is the perfect strength to balance the universe. Yin and Yang Jade, as explained in the drama, also bless the couple who wear it to live happily together and love each other for eternity. (See what Jang Uk did there? XD goddamn you!! hahaha) "The sphere of infinity, resulting in one unit." Being together every lifetime (reincarnation theory confirmed?), and turn into one when they are together. So fitting, and true to their characters!! They are unstoppable whenever they are together. Anyone with another different interpretation, please share your thoughts.

Fujihara Tomomi

Alright, let's discuss the concept of the Yin and Yang jade. (It suddenly hits me lol)

Great analysis!

Elle0807:

Whenever the romance is between a deity and a human the end is a tragedy. Thankfully, this time both leads are mages.

Cau:

Fujihara Tomomi

Great analysis! 

Thanks, hhaha. When you have nothing to do, and can't stop thinking about AoS. Looks like this has led me to go to sleep late every night lmao!!!

Today I woke up with a thought so crazy I laughed. I want to share it with you 'cause it's cute xD

I think I was dreaming? But suddenly, I thought that somehow a celestial dragon made it rain on Daeho and accidentally dropped an egg, and that egg is the ice stone hdsuhduishduishduishdiuhd

I just needed to put that out into the world of theories because it's crazy funny hahahah

jxxwxxstan:

Today I woke up with a thought so crazy I laughed. I want to share it with you 'cause it's cute xD

I think I was dreaming? But suddenly, I thought that somehow a celestial dragon made it rain on Daeho and accidentally dropped an egg, and that egg is the ice stone hdsuhduishduishduishdiuhd

I just needed to put that out into the world of theories because it's crazy funny hahahah

WAHAHA, a game-changer move right there. Well, it's not wrong, that dragon is also the source of energy that gave the people of Daeho the energy/magic we see. What if they will also expand the lore on how the energy was bestowed onto Daeho in the first place too?

Fujihara Tomomi:

WAHAHA, a game-changer move right there. Well, it's not wrong, that dragon is also the source of energy that gave the people of Daeho the energy/magic we see. What if they will also expand the lore on how the energy was bestowed onto Daeho in the first place too?

Oh, I'm dying to know more about the lore. Hong sisters, please indulge me.

jxxwxxstan:

Oh, I'm dying to know more about the lore. Hong sisters, please indulge me.

Yes, I want to know more about 200 years ago and before that too.