That was a great read, IM Your Only One!

Fujihara Tomomi:

People told me they don't give happy endings to their stories lol. I'm new to K-dramaland, and I see that comments everywhere.

Their endings are either happy or bittersweet. 

Ok so the blue scar of soul transformation is in Mudeok eyes since originally Mudeok/Buyeon is blind where Naksu isn't. 

The Story of Naksu:

-Naksu the shadow assassin we know not how many people she might have previously assassinated!

- She performed alchemy of souls, the most powerful and prohibited sorcery!

- She gets into the body of Jins eldest daughter with special powers which is divine but blind body.

- She meets the Gwanju-Jang Kangs only son Jang Uk born on the day of the king's star!

- She is also the Master of Uk.

- She has Daeho's 3 seasons Jang Uk, Seo Yul and DangGu around her among which two of them UK & Yul know her true identity, and still love and protect her like crazy!

- She also has the royal family's only son the Crown Prince GoWon who's totally whipped for her and cares for her!

- She also has Maidservant Kim DoJu and Master Lee who help her sometimes.

From Shadow assassin to a mere Maid-

- Now she might be just a powerless maid in a weak body, but she literally is the most powerful without being powerful 😌

Let's wait and watch what fate is waiting for her! 💃

Kate:

Ok so the blue scar of soul transformation is in Mudeok eyes since originally Mudeok/Buyeon is blind where Naksu isn't. 

Yess, okay see I want a happy ending because of the whole thing about Naksu's eyes, the body belongs to Mudeok but I think the eyes belong to Naksu, and what is Uk always telling Mudeok/Naksu? That she has pretty eyes, he repeats this a few times and also told her this on their first interaction. Also in the poster, they seem to point out Mudeok eyes, and another interesting point, when a soul shifts into a body, a blue dot will appear near the heart because the heart is the window to the soul but in Mudeok/ Naksu case, it is different, her blue mark is in her eyes, so her eyes are the window to Naksu soul inside mudeok's body, in a way when Uk calls Mudeok/Naksu's eyes pretty, he is actually calling Naksu's soul pretty, "its in the eyes Chico, the eyes never lie" - Scarface 

jxxwxxstan:

Ngl, I would love to see a baby dragon coming out of the ice stone and calling Uk daddy hudishduishduishd

mwahahah this is the funniest by far! Not going to happen, not least from the Hong Sisters. But nice try hahahha

Hi katiedee1130 ! Welcome to the tribe! Yes, I am with you on it being parallels to the 200-year story of Seo Ral and Master Seo. After all, we all know that history has this uncanny way of repeating itself IRL too.

Agree too that at this point it's a Naksu x Uk pairing, not Mu Deok. Because Uk has got no idea who Mu Deok is except she was blind and that she was from Sarri Village. He's always been fascinated with Naksu, the person. For him Naksu is Mu Deok.

wanderee:
A little dissection of Master Seo’s undelivered poem:

I'm not knowledgeable enough to find the meaning behind the poem, but I found your dissection really great and tragic. Another star-crossed-lovers story.

jxxwxxstan:

Their endings are either happy or bittersweet. 

I hope AoS will get a happy and satisfying ending.

Dr_Sunshine yup the eyes are the windows to the soul and yes the blue eyes are a reflection of Naksu's soul but the question that has not been answered is, why did Naksu's soul be shown on her eyes, not like everyone else's i.e. on the heart and how did Jang Uk immediately know it was Naksu.

Ep 1 has him almost immediately recognising it was Naksu (his perplexed face) and this is before the crab fight scene,  he only mentioned her beautiful eyes after and confirmed his suspicions then.

Now the question is, how is Mu Deok (who we are assuming is Bu Yeon's street name or name she picked up while at Sarri) weak? She is supposed to be magically strong and can sense life (which probably is the reason how/why she attracted Naksu's soul). Wait, could she be weak because she was a noblewoman hence no fighting training?

Why is Mu Deok/Bu Yeon, up till the incident at Jin's and the temple soul swap with Gil Ju, not come up?
Ok, she probably came up in Jin's because like someone here pointed out, Mommy Jin said Bu Yeon's power can only be re-ernergised if she is back at Jinyowon but the temple is further away, so what triggered her surfacing?

Someone said that its because Jang Uk and Bu Yeon have this connection with the ice stone and that they are soul mates because of it, it could also be Seol Ran through Bu Yeon channeling her desire to save Jang Uk who is holding to the soul of Master Seo who is trapped in the ice stone.  Or that Seol Ran being a priestess/prophecy master knows that Jang Uk being the boy born of the King Star holds the key to right the wrong that she and Master Seo did back then. The wrong that they could not bring balance to magic and sorcery?

This would be in line with Jang Uk's reply to Park Jin that magic and sorcery can coexist. This is also in line with his father's beliefs hence Jang Kang's dabbling with soul swapping.  Again, alluded to in the poem of Master Seo (someone here did a great interpretation of it! Thanks wanderee ).

Fujihara Tomomi:

I hope AoS will get a happy and satisfying ending.

Unfortunately its the Hong Sisters, so I'm bracing for a bittersweet one where Mu Deok/Bu Yeon dies but Jang Uk gets Naksu in S2, why? Because Naksu is the person he loves from the start. 

Cau:

"Ive been wanting to reply to the comment about Jin Seolran possibly being a soul shifter,"

katiedee1130

I never heard oh that... Jin Seolran being a soul shifter? But how? Who else will be in her body? 

I dont think Seol Ran is a soul shifter, she is just a powerful Jin like JBY hence the reason she is blind. She sees too much? Kinda like our ML in Kiss 6th Sense, with heightened visual and hearing sense.

Kim Hee Soo:

Unfortunately its the Hong Sisters, so I'm bracing for a bittersweet one where Mu Deok/Bu Yeon dies but Jang Uk gets Naksu in S2, why? Because Naksu is the person he loves from the start. 

I sensed it with my gut already, so..... Look like I will need to refill my tissue box.

Kim Hee Soo:

I dont think Seol Ran is a soul shifter, she is just a powerful Jin like JBY hence the reason she is blind. She sees too much? Kinda like our ML in Kiss 6th Sense, with heightened visual and hearing sense.

Being too powerful meaning you have to sacrifice something in return, right? Thus, being strong with their energy sense made them blind.

Fujihara Tomomi:

I sensed it with my gut already, so..... Look like I will need to refill my tissue box.

Being too powerful meaning you have to sacrifice something in return, right? Thus, being strong with their energy sense made them blind.

i thought her sacrifice is her weak body heheh

Fujihara Tomomi:

Girl! S2 may be just as cool too! But then again they did said S2 may work as a back story for each of the family so each episode may be a standalone? 10 ep of 10 supporting cast back story? Wouldnt that be cool too?

We would know who Park Dang gu is, at least who his parents is and how he got his position in Songrim alongside Park Jin. I'm sure Park Jin has other nephews.

We would also know where the Seos live and how Seo Yul's family is. Also, who exactly are the Jangs? Have they always been that strong? If so why did Heo Yeom wanted Do Hwa to be with Park Jin and not Jang Kang?

We can also know about who the Chois are (aside from being the evil Queen) and the Chos (aside from being Naksu's family) why did Jin Mu allowed Cho to kill everyone but Naksu?