What are your thoughts and theories on part 2 that has been announced to be filming with the spoiler that we got?

I will just sit back and enjoy this Season -1 without worrying about S2 or theories :)

As a reply to the previous thread:

> Madam Jin seems to really love Bu Yeon, though. She shuts everyone up when they brought her up in a negative way.

Good point. Or maybe, she's her mother that's why she cares so much? And they know her sacrifice in keeping the ice stone a secret.

> If that's the case then it should be Jinyowon's leader instead of Songrim's because the blindfolded lady is the former leader of Jinyowon, right?

Not necessarily. The Songrim founder sure had allies and maybe he was the only one powerful enough the get back the ice stone; and since the Jin clan's magic is sealing, he and whoever was the most powerful Jin back then, agreed to hide the stone inside her.

Here's another speculation.

WHAT IF!

The major secret of the Jin clan is the ice stone is passed on to the eldest daughter because the eldest is always the most powerful? When the eldest daughter was born … the current leader transferred the ice stone to  her … then someone kidnapped her?

The body was burned, and now I hear she'll be back. That's crazy. I've been a fan of Goo Yoon Jung since Sweet home ( I still remember vividly that unfortunate love story ? Yuri X Sangwook). So This is good news for me, Very Good.

But I just can't picture how. I hope they don't event some unusual methods or magic just to revive the body. If they don't, it means we're getting a prequel. But such a prequal means (logically) we won't have most of our beloved characters. Most of them have have no relevant backstory, we already know all there is.

In other words, part 2 will be sequel. But how? And why?

So far we've been given a complicated storyline which invites a significant number of theories. But the whole story so far is about Naksu (who is basically Go Yoon Jung) and Jang Uk, which is why we already know all there is to Naksu until the current time. And she knows. The only Significant Character who can make a good sequel is the Mysterious Mudeok.

Having Go Yoon Jung as the main actress means that Mudeok(The blind girl) will shift into that body and put an end to everything( we already know she's capable).

Both these two had a purpose which is best executed in each other's body. Naksu Needed mudeok's body as a cover, and thanks to that she now knows what to do. Mudeok, on the other hand, needs Naksu's body to do her thing. But Why? That's where the sequel comes in.

As I stated before, the hard part is the revival of the body from "non existent" ashes. But the Mysterious Blind girl is not to be underestimated:

What if the burnt body was an illusion? What if the girl they spared in the first episode because she didn't have blue mark was actually Mudeok with Naksu's body? After all, Mudeok's body had no mark, but blue eyes: one for naksu, one for mudeok.

But having Uk as the male lead means he will be having unfinished business. NOW I JUST HOPE IT'S NOT REVENGE ON THE DEATH OF NAKSU.

IM YourOnlyOne:
Good point. Or maybe, she's her mother that's why she cares so much? And they know her sacrifice in keeping the ice stone a secret

Yeah, that's why I'm guessing that way. Her fate is being bounded to protect the Ice Stone like that. Only a few people like Madam Jin would know and feel guilty about it?

IM YourOnlyOne:
Not necessarily. The Songrim founder sure had allies and maybe he was the only one powerful enough the get back the ice stone; and since the Jin clan's magic is sealing, he and whoever was the most powerful Jin back then, agreed to hide the stone inside her.

Ahh, I see. That makes sense for them to join hands.

IM YourOnlyOne:
The major secret of the Jin clan is the ice stone is passed on to the eldest daughter because the eldest is always the most powerful? When the eldest daughter was born … the current leader transferred the ice stone to  her … then someone kidnapped her?

A possible scenario, yes.

Vniverse:
I will just sit back and enjoy this Season -1 without worrying about S2 or theories :)

I'm trying not to too lol!!. We have too little info on how things would work out in S2.

Haha, yeah. WAITING is the hardest thing to do when there are far too many twists and turns for a story. They are good in keeping us in the dark and then dropping a major information which renders all previous theories inaccurate.

That's why I sometimes joke about: Nak Su or Mu Deok waking up in 2022 and was only dreaming. I mean, the Hong sisters can do that. =)) Then they're like "got you guys again, thank you for watching" hahahaha.

If this was a novel, you would turn to the next page so fast. Or you will be tempted to skip chapters. I guess this is how we know a live-action fantasy is great if people keeps talking about it and speculating what comes next.

It's fantasy, it's magic, anything can happen here. Nak Su using the ice stone to create a new body for her is a possibility.

Vniverse:

I will too. 

I don't want to think about it right now. It's kinda upsetting how they're considering FL actress swap, even for plot reasons. Part of why I like this show so much is Jung So Min's acting, not sure og Naksu or whomever they will swap her with can pull off this role. But then again, maybe she will return as FL.  It also raises big spoiler questions about the ending of part 1 - og Naksu will come back alive?

Definitely not a prequel about naksu's history because there's nothing much story to tell. 

She hated songrim because of a misunderstanding, she was raised and trained by jinmu, she's going around and killing mages and she never once met any of our 4seasons except for yul but was back when she's still young. 

If it's a prequel, that does mean that throughout the whole series we won't be getting an interaction from the 4seasons and naksu? No one's watching that.

mischiefg:
If it's a prequel, that does mean that throughout the whole series we won't be getting an interaction from the 4seasons and naksu? No one's watching that.

*wheezed* XD

It could be about the younger versions of Seo Gyung (founder of Songrim) and the blind priestess. Something like 200+ years ago. We know about Naksu’s backstory and the later episodes of part 1 would probably tackle Mudeok’s backstory since people related to her haven’t yet appeared. So at the end of part 1, we would probably know everything about the two women, and there’s nothing much to tell after. Furthermore, i have once read the director’s interview on Twitter (can’t confirm its legitimacy), he said there that part 2 is irrelevant to the current events of part 1. From that statement, we can say that part 2 isn’t a sequel. 

I might be wrong but I think we've heard much of Naksu's story, she no longer needs to take revenge on the songrim people but on Jinmu right? So I thought the rest of the part 1 will be her trying to survive and not go wild and also taking revenge on Jinmu.

anyway if they really want to do part 2, I hope they could talk about the real Mudeok , the mysterious blind girl , her own story will seem interesting.

lets wait and see

I think she might appare for lots of flash backs but her replaceimg mudoki is not the same idk about this 

Aramintai:

I don't want to think about it right now. It's kinda upsetting how they're considering FL actress swap, even for plot reasons. Part of why I like this show so much is Jung So Min's acting, not sure og Naksu or whomever they will swap her with can pull off this role. But then again, maybe she will return as FL.  It also raises big spoiler questions about the ending of part 1 - og Naksu will come back alive?

I know right it would be weird to me if the just left out. Jung somin rn with swapping the actress not my tea but if they are adding the og naksu then that’s different story but no jung somin then I’ll drop the series sorry