Chinese local media reports claim she has not been seen in public since 1 July, when she visited a children's hospital and she has not been active on Social Media since 23 July. 

Recently a financial newspaper published an article implying that she was under investigation for tax evasion, that increased the fan concerned that something has happened to her.

I'm honestly worried for her, I hope the media are just paranoid. :(

I link the article of BBC that report about this issue  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-45034392

I've read a Polish article on her a couple of days ago. It's quite worrying indeed!

I don't really believe in tax evasion narrative. In my opinion, Bingbing is keeping a low profile due to personal issues (crisis in the family or something like that). It's obvious that her agent knows where she is, so her life most likely is not endangered.

Expecting a drama based on these events next year.

This twitter thread sums up all known and confirmed information on the topic. 

To me the tax evasion narrative seems very plausible

Salty_bae:
This twitter thread sums up all known and confirmed information on the topic.

Whoa, I can't handle the multide of these facts! Thanks for sharing the link.

Ebisuno92:

Whoa, I can't handle the multide of these facts! Thanks for sharing the link.

No problem! I was also shocked when i heard this news and all international news portals were repeating same thing without saying anything helpful.

Hot Newsflash!

Fan Bing Bing has just released the first official statement since her disapperance. It really turns out that she got busted for tax evasion...

Ebisuno92:

Hot Newsflash!

Fan Bing Bing has just released the first official statement since her disapperance. It really turns out that she got busted for tax evasion...

In China, tax evasion's a bad thing, I hope she'll make everything work.

So when she was busted for the tax evasion wasn't the reason we didn't see her around was because she was in jail? They released her then arrested her again? She's out now but she def has to keep a low profile until this blows over. Will she recover? I think so. I kinda hope so cause the only drama I'm really anticipating 'Win the World' stars her and I would like for it to see the light of day.

China is a very severe country, I hope that they'll report the situation for international and local fans. She's a Hollywood star c'mon!

ShotaSidePart:
So when she was busted for the tax evasion wasn't the reason we didn't see her around was because she was in jail? They released her then arrested her again?

I interpret the story like this: they arrested her in June and upon the completion of the judicial process (completing evidence, etc.) they made her write the official statement and then released her with the ultimatum: Bing Bing pay up or you'll end up Sing Sing (forgive the pun). Will she recover? Definitely- similar thing happened to Sophia Loren once. Most of people look negatively at what she did, but I'm not particulary outraged. I'm living in the wasteland of rampant taxation, so it's easier for me to understand that Fan wanted to save some extra cash.