MDL Link[/url]

Main Title: You Are the Apple of My Eye
Native title: 那些年,我們一起追的女孩
Also Known as: Na xie nian, wo men yi qi zhui de nu hai
Released Date: August 19, 2011
Average Duration: 1 hr. 45 min.
Genres: Drama, Romance, School

Synopsis:

Changhua, west coast of Taiwan, 1994. Sixteen-year-old Ko Ching-teng (Ko Chen-tung) is a pupil at Chingchang High School, along with his pals ?Boner? (Yen Sheng-yu), the serious ?Fattie? A-ho (Steven Hao), the bragging ?Cock Tsao? (Owodog) and the lascivious ?Groin? (Tsai Chang-hsien). All have a crush on the brightest student in their class, goody two-shoes Shen Chia-yi (Michelle Chen), but she is only interested in her studies. When Ching-teng and Boner are caught fooling around in class, Ching-teng is made to sit in front of her and is put under her personal supervision. Chia-yi makes it her personal mission to get Ching-teng interested in taking schoolwork seriously.

[u]Cast:

-Ko Chen-tung as Ko Ching-teng, nicknamed 'Ko-teng', a mischievous boy in his school days who later becomes a writer. Ko Ching-teng is the actual name of the director Giddens.

-Michelle Chen as Shen Chia-yi, a student who consistently scores well in tests and is an outgoing person. Because of her disdain for boys that are more stupid than herself, she decides to help Ching-teng to improve his grades. In the process, she found herself falling in love with him.

-Owodog as Tsao Kuo-sheng, nicknamed "Lao Tsao", one of Ching-teng's friends. He used to have a huge crush on Chia-yi, and once asked Ching-teng to deliver a love letter to her on his behalf.

-Steven Hao as Hsieh Ming-ho, nicknamed "A-he", one of Ching-teng's friend. He loves to eat, and is always made fun of by his friends due to this. He is the only person in the group who has officially dated Chia-yi.

-Tsai Chang-hsien as Liao Ying-hung,one of Ching-teng's best friends. He likes to crack jokes and perform magic tricks. He later became a librarian in a public library.

-Yen Sheng-yu as Hsu Bo-chun, nicknamed 'Boner', one of Cheng-teng's friends.

-Wan Wan as Hu Chia-wei, Chia-yi's best friend. She likes to draw pictures, and after she graduated from school, became a manga artist who is known to the public as "The Queen of Blogs" (部落格天后).

Notes
-The film is based on the semi-autobiographical novel of the same name by Taiwanese author Giddens Ko. Giddens also made his directorial debut when he self-directed this film.

-World premiere at the 13th Taipei Film Festival on June 25, 2011

-Released in Taiwanese cinemas on August 19, 2011.

-The film was well received by film critics, and it also set many box office records in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singaporean box offices.

-Actor Ko Chen-tung won the "Best Newcomer" award at the 48th Golden Horse Awards for his role in this film.

I'm currently watching this movie, has anyone else seen it?
Just added it haha It looks good.
Sleepninja wrote: Just added it haha It looks good.

Haha to the monster :p But yeah it does look good! I'm about 15 minutes in it so far haha. I only wish I had better subs but at least they're good enough that I can understand what's going on :p
Meh Movies don't count lol Since they aren't that long. ;)
Sleepninja wrote: Meh Movies don't count lol Since they aren't that long. ;)

Hahaha okay :p
Watched it on the plane. Perhaps there was a lot of hype to it so it didnt end up as good as I had expected it to be. However, its a real story, so that gives it ALOT of plus points. It is a good story at the end of the day.
bannie wrote: Watched it on the plane. Perhaps there was a lot of hype to it so it didnt end up as good as I had expected it to be.

However, its a real story, so that gives it ALOT of plus points.

It is a good story at the end of the day.

I kind of agree with that - at the end of the movie I was left with a sort of blank feeling, I guess because things didn't turn out how I had hoped or maybe because I found the ending to be a bit weird. Part of me is blaming it on the terrible quality of subtitles I had to watch it.

And I do agree about that being a true story is a plus and it is a good story, just not as good as I'd hoped it to be.
the thing i like in this that gave impact on me is the the conclusion that i hope for turn out the opposite which is very realistic, (not the weird scene^^), still..ending up not really my fave^^ no over dramatic scene ( comedy first 3/4 then drama like hell in the end)
I just completed this movie and I think it's beautiful..for those who already watched it, may i know your feedback about this movie?!?because I'm quiet curious of different reactions about it's ending..Many thanks^^
Do You know where i can watch this with eng sub?
I liked it! It's a really sweet and funny movie. I liked the ending too because it made the movie feel more realistic somehow. Even though the movie was really good, I thought it would be better (much better). So I was a little disappointed tbh. It's totally worth watching though!
srkambbs wrote: Do You know where i can watch this with eng sub?

You can watch it here: http://www.putlocker.com/file/F974918D396A3B3C The quality is great!
I liked it, LOOL too funny at the end where he kissed her groom. I still wish they ended up together, but i guess it comes from a perspective where you would want the person you love to be happy, even if it means not being with you.