Hello! I have never watched a mainland chinese drama before...'Nirvana in fire' and 'Ten miles of peach blossoms' looks both very interesting, but which one of those would you recommend to watch first for a beginner like me? I'm kinda simple minded... 

If you like the drama to be romance centred then you should watch TMOPB . 

If you like politics/ revenge dramawith little romance you should go for NIF

I watched Ten Miles first and I loved it. I'm currently watching Nirvana and its amazing as well. Both kinda start off slow and I am no means an expert but I would recommend Ten Miles as the plot is easier than Nirvana. You can have Ten Miles playing in the background if you get a bit board and still be able to follow the stories. Unlike Nirvana that has "slow parts" but critical info might be said during these times.

Either way you're gonna enjoy them. They have high ratings for a reason :-)

Soumya:

If you like the drama to be romance centred then you should watch TMOPB . 

If you like politics/ revenge dramawith little romance you should go for NIF

TMOPB sounds like rhe one for me then =) thanks 

ShotaSidePart:

I watched Ten Miles first and I loved it. I'm currently watching Nirvana and its amazing as well. Both kinda start off slow and I am no means an expert but I would recommend Ten Miles as the plot is easier than Nirvana. You can have Ten Miles playing in the background if you get a bit board and still be able to follow the stories. Unlike Nirvana that has "slow parts" but critical info might be said during these times.

Either way you're gonna enjoy them. They have high ratings for a reason :-)

Thank you for the great answer! =) yes thats why I wanted to know which one to watch first since They are the highest rated chinese dramas =) 

I’d definitely recommend TMOPB first if you’re just starting. nirvana in Fire is amazing (probably my highest rated drama) but there is a lot of politics going on and it can be confusing (especially if you aren’t super familiar with some basics of Imperia families) 

TMOPB is also really good but much easier to follow (especially for a newer watcher). As the above posters said, it’s definitely much heavier on the romance, whereas NIF is much more revenge/loyalty/politics/scheming.

Definitely highly highly recommend both though for sure! 

To be completely honest with you, if I was completely new to the C-Drama realm, I wouldn't even start with any of those 2 yet.

I would start with the modern and easier to follow ones. Maybe "Old Boy" or "Ode to Joy" for lighthearted slice of life, or "Love 020" if you like cute romance, or "Love me if you Dare" if you would like a more thrilling one. Once you've eased into it, then start picking up the fantasy and historical ones. 

But it's all your choice. Should you still wanna start with one of the 2 you mentioned, then definitely start with TMOPB. Nirvana in Fire is amazing, but it's much much heavier :) 

Thanks all to you for your thoughtful replies =) I really appreciate it... I Will take all of your comments to my heart <3