Hello all,

Whenever I watch historical chinese dramas which mainly have wuxia in it the main male leads always have the sidekick/assistant who is really cute, extremely loyal to main male lead and sometimes the comic relief.

For example:

• General and I
    • Chu Bei Jie's 
      • Chu Mo Ran
    • He Xia's
      • Dong Zhuo (He is a good example)
    • Ze Yi's
      • Ruo Han
  • Princess Agents
    • Yuwen Yue's
      • Yue Qi
    • Yan Xun's
      • Feng Mian
  • The Princess Wei Young
    • Tuoba Jun's
      • i can't remember his name but SPOILER he ended up with Jun Tao in the end
  • Cinderella Chef
    • Xia Chun Yu's
      • Song Qi (He also is a good example)
  • Novoland: The Castle in the Sky
    • Feng Tian Yi's
      • Yu Huan Zhen

What my point is: 

1. Is there any other historical chinese drama with this type of character in it?  
  2. Is there any historical chinese drama with this type of character who is the main male lead who gets the main female lead in the end?
  3. Is there any other historical chinese drama where this type of character interacts with main female lead a lot but they are still the sidekick of main male lead?
  4.  Not that important but are there any modern chinese dramas with this type of character?

Legend of Lu Zhen - the male and female leads’ sidekicks have a really cute relationship and the male lead sidekick is very cutesy and helps with comic relief 

Untouchable Lovers - not quite as cutesy a sidekick as other dramas, but I appreciate the loyalty from Rong Zhi’s sideman. He also has a very endearing semi one sided love for the main female’s sidekick.

Nirvana in Fire - Fei Liu and Meng Zhi - i’d Really only consider Fei Liu as Hu Ge’s Mei Chang Su’s sidekick, but the two of them especially together have such comedic and entertaining interactions - especially for such a weighty drama like NIF 

Prince of Lan Ling - George Hu’s character (Prince of An De) is like almost half sidekick/half second male lead? Regardless he’s one of my favorites from the drama and brings a good bright vibe to the drama 

(Modern) Love o2o - the male lead has a group of friends/sidekicks kind of that have a great combo of personalities and good chemistry. Honestly loved all their scenes together 

I honestly can’t think of any historical dramas that have the male lead as the cutesy comic relief character simply because most dramas (and definitely historical) the male lead is always the heroic, valiant, etc. male lead so the comic relief cutesy male lead is in short supply. 

I’d maybe throw Perfect Couple’s male lead Jin yuan Bao (Wallace Huo) up there because I remember him being fairly comedic (but that was more the style of the characters cause most of them had comedic moments.) 

As a modern K drama - Strong Woman do Bong Soon, the male lead was definitely the cute comedic one of the bunch. 

1) Romance of tiger and rose

ZIRUI & BAIJI

- Cute sidekicks with a lot of funny moments. Each main own one of the sidekicks.

2) Love and redemption

TENGSHE

-Can't exactly called a sidekick , its more of a side character that sticks around the female lead halfway through the drama (if you watch it, you'll get why its halfway in) which is witty and cute ! He always seems like he doesn't wanna hang around with her but actually he's very loyal and always support her whenever she's in need. AMAZING acting too !! You'll love him if you ever watch it!

3) Ashes of love

YANYOU & QINTONG

-Yanyou is more of a close friend to the female lead where it really can't be consider a side kick but he's a great side character that sticks around the female lead and help her whenever she needs him

-Qintong is the male lead sidekick where he's very loyal to the ML. His love advice was also very funny and cute

Give it a try !