I wanted to revisit the show that got me into watching Chinese Dramas all those years ago. Unfortunately, I've had no luck with finding it. I can, however, provide a general synopsis of what the plot (of the first few episodes at least) entails:

There are two rivaling factions (one specializing in leg techniques, the other in arm), and they have hosted a martial arts tournament/duel (I don't really remember which) in order to demonstrate their respective houses skills. The "arm family", played dirty and essentially drugged the participant form the "leg family", thus rendering him unable to battle to his fullest potential. This battle results in the participant from the "leg family" being crippled - unable to use the martial arts his family was so proud of. This, for some reason, sends the family into a life of poverty.

Okay, this is where my memory gets hazy.

I'm quite sure that they encounter a man (presumably homeless) at some point, and after various developments, the crippled martial artist agrees to train said man. My memory fails to recount what happens afterwards, but I distinctly recall that the crippled man had, at some point, recovered his martial arts.

Does this ring a bell to anyone? I know I haven't provided much information, but this is all I can recall. If it helps any, this is by no means a recent show, as I watched it as a child (I am now 22). Even if you have absolutely no clue as to what I'm talking about, thank you for taking your time to read this rather lengthy submission.