My choice is always happy endings...even though sometimes sad endings are so also good in a certain story plot but yet i feel the main reason to watch dramas is for the fact to imagine it...sad ensings are wht is something reality or reality...because of which i think that to escape from the reality is dramas that we can see the imagination that we know is not that possible in real life.....in chinese especially fantasy drama i only watch the one that have happy endings!

Sorry for long post...i hope you understand and comment and chat!!!

same, i rather watch a drama with a happy ending, even an open ending would be better than a sad ending to me.  same reason as you, dramas are like an escape from reality which tends to be depressing so i watch dramas to feel happy. chinese fantasy dramas tend to have sad tragic endings, or atleast a pretty angsty emotion heavy plot and if after all that, it ends sad, then its too depressing. but sometimes happy endings aren't necessarily good endings just like how sad endings are not always bad endings, sometimes a happy ending doesn't fit the story, so i totally agree with you! i think it depends on why you're watching this drama, whether you're here to just escape from reality or if you here to watch a good story...or both.

Eevee:

same, i rather watch a drama with a happy ending, even an open ending would be better than a sad ending to me.  same reason as you, dramas are like an escape from reality which tends to be depressing so i watch dramas to feel happy. chinese fantasy dramas tend to have sad tragic endings, or atleast a pretty angsty emotion heavy plot and if after all that, it ends sad, then its too depressing. but sometimes happy endings aren't necessarily good endings just like how sad endings are not always bad endings, sometimes a happy ending doesn't fit the story, so i totally agree with you! i think it depends on why you're watching this drama, whether you're here to just escape from reality or if you here to watch a good story...or both.

Sometimes you feel that the story with sad ending could have been made into good story...but the writers chose a sad ending to it..which makes the viewer incase me to wonder one whole day after completing the drama that why it has sad endings or sometime when u start a drama you check out the last episode of the drama...judge it whether you should see the drama or not....some fantasy drama are so good but it has sad endings which sometimes doesnt make sense as its a fantasy you make a great twist to it and make the dead come alive😂....thank you for replying!!